[FanFic] Daigakusei no Ranma - Episode 14

Ranma Saotome

Nov 15, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/15/95

As I sat and watched the setting sun Must I always be reminded
I noticed you were looking away Wary of the future
Caught in a daydream
Here's your chance - Tonight
I put my arm in yours 'Cause I'm opening my heart - Tonight
My head on your shoulder I want to live my life - Tonight
You were still so far away I want to break free - Tonight
-=- Leave the memories behind

| Daigakusei no Ranma |
| |
| Created by David Tai and Paul Gallegos |
| |
| Based on the characters created by Rumiko Takahashi |

-= Episode 14: "Tag-team Action! Partners with Attitudes!" =-

[The sounds of bodies crunching and colliding emerge from a wrestling ring.
Loud grunts and screams are heard emitting, as well as boisterous boos.
Suddenly, a simian figure leaps into the foreground, flails its arms against
its head, and screams.]

Simian figure: UNGAWA!!!

[Another figure, this one masked and wearing wrestling tights, sneaks up
behind the figure and suplexes (flips) him for a pin.]

Simian figure: Un...ga...waaaaa!!!

[A referee emerges, pounds the mat three times, and raises the masked figure's
hand in victory, as a loud eruption of cheers come from the audience. The
masked figure staggers out of the ring and is approached by a man who has a
microphone in his hand.]

Reporter: Congratulations on your stunning pin! Now, to what do you attribute
your ...

Masked figure: Brother, I attribute my victory to righteous living! Train
hard! Say my prayers! Eat right! And I take Yuriko's
Bio-Booster Potion everyday! [starts flexing, causing sweat to
drip all over the place.]

Reporter: [wiping eyes] There you have it...! And now, a word from our
sponsor!

[Yuriko Murata walks out to the sound of cheering crowds, with her arms raised
in victory...]

* * *

[Yuriko wakes up to find herself standing straight up in bed. Blinking a few
minutes, Yuriko gathers herself...]

Yuriko: [mumbling] Bio-booster...

[Yuriko leaps out of her bed. Yuriko begin pacing in a wide oval and muttering
to herself. Abruptly she stops and looks up at the ceiling.]

Yuriko: That's it!

[Yuriko runs over to her laboratory table. Soon, frenzied sounds are heard.
After a few minutes, a sleepy Kasumi opens the laboratory door.]

Kasumi: [blinking] What's it? I heard a shout...

Yuriko: [looking up absent-mindedly] Oh! I think I may have a solution to that
strength potion problem I've had!

Kasumi: [blinking] Are you sure you've worked out all the problems?

Yuriko: Hai!!! No more boys turning into girls! No ducks, no cats!

Kasumi: That's nice. [closes the door]

[Yuriko turns back to her work. The frenzied noises resumes.]

* * *

[Makiko is just hanging up the phone at her apartment when Ukyou walks in.]

Ukyou: Konnichiwa... what do you look so happy about?

Makiko: [laughing] Kamikaze Wrestlefest! And I've got three tickets! [bouncing
up and down in glee]

Ukyou: [raising eyebrows] Why would you want to go?

Makiko: Are you kidding? Cuz it's fun!

Ukyou: Really?

Makiko: Hai! [leaning over] And the wrestlers are soooo... CUTE! [cocking head]
Ukyou-chan, why are you looking at me like that? [a lifted eyebrow from
Ukyou] Well, most of them're cute... [a look from Ukyou] Okay. SOME of
them! [another look from Ukyou] Ok, so maybe all I want to see is that
cute guy from the Conglomerate! [sticking tongue out at Ukyou]

Ukyou: [smiling] ... So what are you going to do with the other two tickets?

Makiko: Oh! One's for you... and one's for Tanaka-kun!

Ukyou: [raising an eyebrow] Tanaka-kun? So you're... going out with him?

Makiko: Hai! He's fun to be with!

Ukyou: Are you SURE he's interested? I mean, Lardizabal obviously has a thing
for Akane...

Makiko: [laughs nervously] No... no, not that way. We're just friends...

Ukyou: I don't trust him...

Makiko: [brushing off Ukyou] Oh, you're just mad cuz he fights with your
Ran-chan. Or... are you jealous?

[Ukyou grimaces.]

Makiko: Well, if you don't want to go...

Ukyou: ... All right. I'll go.

Makiko: Great! Now I've got to go find Tanaka-kun and ask him if he wants to
go!

Ukyou: Wait, you haven't...?

[Makiko bounces out of the apartment.]

Ukyou: ... asked him out yet?

* * *

[Meanwhile, Yuriko has finished her newest concoction and is talking to
somebody on the phone in the living room while shaking a bottle containing a
greenish fluid.]

Yuriko: But my bio-booster potion will give you greater stamina and greater
resistance to pain!

Voice on phone: Last time, you gave us *VILE* tasting stuff that didn't do
ANYTHING!

Yurko: But I solved the problem! That was just a strength potion! THIS is a
bio-booster potion! I know you need this! You're facing the
Conglomerate tonight and they're nasty!

Voice on phone: Ok, ok, just this once, we'll try it. Just one more time. But
I'm warning you: any funny stuff, and you'll regret it! Wait
a minute... let me talk to my partner.

[Yuriko shrugs. Then she suddenly pull the phone away from her ear, as grunts
and screams emits from the receiver. After a while, the noise stops. Yuriko
cautiously lifts the phone to her ear.]

Voice on phone: [panting hard] All right, my partner agrees. Bring it over
right away!

Yuriko: Arigato gozaimasu!!!

[Yuriko runs out of the apartment, slamming the door on her way out. The
shockwave vibrates through the walls and floor into Kasumi's bedroom, blowing
Kasumi out of her bed.]

Kasumi: [screaming] Earthquake!!! Get everyone out! [shaking her head and
rubbing her eyes] Oh... it was Yuriko-kun. My goodness, she's
enthusiastic today. She must have solved her problems with the potion.

[Kasumi yawns, climbs out, and begins to make her bed. After making her bed,
she walks out into the living room and hangs up the phone Yuriko left off the
hook. Then she heads to the kitchen, and halts, as a thought strikes her.]

Kasumi: [tilting her head] I wonder if Yuriko tested her potion first...?

* * *

[Kasumi's bedroom. Kasumi, clad in a nightgown, lies on her stomach on her
bed, reading biology books. After Kasumi flips a few pages, the phone on the
nightstand rings. Kasumi leans over to pick it up, still reading her books.]

Kasumi: Moshi moshi! [turning page]

Voice on phone: You're not Murata Yuriko.

Kasumi: No. This is her roommate. [flipping page]

[A loud roar from the receiver forces Kasumi to pull away the phone from her
ear.]

Voice: If that baka doesn't show up here soon, the Miracle Violence
Combination is going to make her SORRY she even existed!
[accompanying grunts and screams of agreement]

[The phone clicks. Kasumi looks at the phone in dismay.]

Kasumi: [clapping one hand to her cheek] Oh my.

[Kasumi dashes out the bedroom door. Then the apartment door opens and
closes... then opens and slams again. Kasumi runs back in her room, blushing.]

Kasumi: I have to think! First, put clothes on, fix my hair, get my purse and
THEN run out the door! [clapping hand to cheek and frowning] Oh my,
my harmony is disturbed this morning!

* * *

[Afternoon. Ranma and Akane's apartment. Akane is entering the apartment with
an armful of mail. Ranma casually looks over as Akane sorts the mail. He then
turns to Akane, with an hopeful expression on his face. Akane shakes her head
as she puts the last envelope on top of a pile. She then opens one envelope,
as Ranma gets up, stretches, and walks over to Akane.]

Ranma: [looking over Akane's shoulder] Why do you get all the mail? I
never get anything!

Akane: [looking at Ranma with an arched eyebrow] You have to send mail to get
mail! It's common sense! You can't get something for nothing!

Ranma: [grabbing a letter] Ah! A letter for me! [imitating Akane] "Can't get
something for nothing!" So there! [sticks tongue out at Akane]

Akane: [grabbing the letter and imitating Ranma] "Ah! I didn't know I was
married to a man named 'Occupant'!" Let's see... from the Sashami
Shimmy Lounge... [opens the envelope and takes out the contents] A
coupon for free drinks on Thursdays. [grimaces] There's no way I'd be
caught dead in a place like that!

Ranma: You ought to be happy to go there... at least those guys would pay to
see a kawaikune tomboy like you...

[Akane glares, visibly reins in herself, and contents herself with stuffing the
coupon and letter into the envelope and tossing it at Ranma. As Ranma ducks,
another small piece of paper flutters out. Ranma stabs at the paper and starts
reading it.]

Ranma: Free food?! All right! I'll take it! [reading coupon] Hmm... that's two
days from now! Hahahaha! I won't have to eat another home cooked meal!

[Ranma grins, as he pulls out the drink coupon from the envelope and stuffs
both coupons in his pocket.]

Akane: [getting angry] You have a problem with my cooking? You ate everything I
cooked!

Ranma: And I had to wash it down with a large glass of...

[Ranma makes a "plop plop" noise, and moves his fingers as if he is dropping
two tablets and makes a fizzling sound, then grimaces.]

Ranma: Edible, but... [shudders]

[Trying to resist the urge to sock Ranma, Akane clenches her fists and looks
at the floor. She notices something about the envelope on the floor and leans
over to pick it up.]

Ranma: [picking up books and grabbing his backpack] Whoops, late for class!
See you _after_ dinner! [starts to head out the door]

[Akane picks up the envelope and pulls a sheet from it. She starts reading
it... and a smile comes across her face.]

Akane: Ranma...

Ranma: [pausing to look over his shoulder] Nani?

Akane: [grinning] Thursday is Ladies' night! Those coupons are good for women
only!

[Ranma groans.]

Akane: Maybe you can save them for a rainy day!

[Ranma glares, then slams the door shut. Behind him, Akane breaks up laughing.]

* * *

[On the way to class, Ranma spots a flyer on a signpost. Reading the flyer,
Ranma mutters:

"Kamikaze Wrestlefest!

Main Event:

The Conglomerate

versus

The Miracle Violence Combination

At Noumunoikan University Gymnasium!"]

Ranma: Hmph! What will people think of next? Fake fighting?

[Ranma laughs and runs to his class. His tardiness is greeted with a frown
from his teacher, and grins from his classmates.]

* * *

[Junko and Nabiki's apartment, late afternoon. The phone rings. Junko walks
out of the bedroom. She looks behind her, then shrugs and picks up the phone.]

Junko: Umm... moshi moshi?

Kasumi's voice: Konnichiwa! Nabiki home? I need to talk to her urgently!

[Nabiki pops her head around the corner of the bedroom doorway.]

Nabiki: That for me?

[Junko nods and hands over the phone to Nabiki.]

Nabiki: Oneechan? What's wrong?

Kasumi's voice: I've been looking for Yuriko all day! I need help!

Nabiki: Slow down, slow down. _YOU_ need help? [covering receiver] That's a
first. [shrugs and uncovers the phone] Ok, tell me everything...

* * *

[Ranma and Akane's apartment. The phone rings a few seconds, before Akane
walks out of the bathroom, with a towel wrapped around her head and wearing a
bathrobe, dripping wet. Akane picks up the phone.]

Akane: [slightly annoyed] What do you want?

Nabiki's voice: Sis! Listen, can you do me a favor and meet me at...

* * *

[Early evening. Akane is marching quickly down the street, dragging Ranma by
the arm.]

Ranma: So where the hell are we going?

Akane: Yuriko needs help!

Ranma: What did she do now, electrocute a cat? No great loss, if you ask me...

Akane: Just shut up!

[Akane arrives at the Noumunoikan University gymnasium. Nabiki waves at her, as
does Kasumi.]

Akane: Oneechan! Nabiki!

[Ranma frowns. Meanwhile, Akane hugs Kasumi.]

Akane: So what happened, oneechan?

Kasumi: [looking around at the crowd] I don't see Yuriko...
[blinks at Akane] Oh! I had the strangest call.

Ranma: What happened?

Kasumi: Some horrid voice was threatening Yuriko and I think he said that a
horrible group called the Miracle Violence Combination was going to
get her. After I called Nabiki, she remembered the wrestling matches
here, so we came to...

Ranma: [interrupting and glaring at Nabiki] New scheme?

Nabiki: Not really. [beaming] I'm here to watch the Conglomerate. And Kasumi
needed help, so I called Akane. [innocent look] I can't help it if she
brought...

Akane: [interrupting] Hey! Is that Yuriko?

[Everyone turn toward the direction Akane is pointing. Yuriko is being dragged
into the gymnasium by two large hairy dudes. The gang try to get to Yuriko, but
the crowd prevents them from moving, and they can only watch helplessly as
Yuriko disappears from sight.]

Kasumi: We've got to go in!

Nabiki: [crouching down and holding up tickets from her backpack] 50,000 yen
each.

[Ranma glares at Nabiki.]

Nabiki: 10,000 yen? .... 5,000? .... Wait, we can make a deal...

* * *

[Meanwhile, in the locker room, Yuriko is fanning two wrestlers wearing skull
masks. The two wrestlers are lying on the floor, severely bloated and nearly
floating off the ground.]

Yuriko: Gomen, gomen! I never thought the potion would do that!

Wrestler #1: Haven't you THOUGHT about testing them on animals?

Yuriko: Uh, hai, but...

[Wrestler #2 grunts and screams. Yuriko glances meaningfully at Wrestler #2.]

Wrestler #1: CHIKUSHO!!!

[Both wrestlers try to get up to strangle Yuriko, but end up rolling back and
forth.]

Yuriko: [backing away] Gomen, gomen! [bowing] I'll go tell the promoter!

[Yuriko turns around and departs in a hurry.]

Wrestler #1: That was not nice. That was NOT nice. What does she think we are,
laboratory animals?

Wrestler #2: [grunting and howling in agreement] UN-GA-WA!!!

* * *

Ring announcer: And after that stunning upset by Segawa Tetsuro over Makishima
Agito... we now present you the main event! The challengers,
the Miracle Violence Combination, weighting in at a combined
total of 250 kgs, are going up against the reigning tag-team
champions... the Conglomerate!!!

[In the ring, two men are drawing cheers as they enter the ring. One, a short
Japanese man, immediately starts strutting and posing, drawing squeals from
young girls. The other wrestler, a tall muscular Caucasian flexes his muscles,
causing oohs from the audience. Their manager, a short man in a suit, struts
and frets, as loud boos descend towards him. Lardizabal is sitting between
Ukyou and Makiko in one area, and Ranma, Nabiki, Akane, and Kasumi are sitting
in another area.]

Lardizabal: ... Explain to me again why I'm here. This ISN'T a date, right?

Makiko: Of course not! We're here to have fun!

Lardizabal: [whining] So why am I here and not at a bar?

[Ukyou frowns.]

Makiko: [pouting] Don't you want to be here?

[Ukyou drives an elbow into Lardizabal's side, and leans over.]

Ukyou: [whispering to Lardizabal] Make Maki-chan miserable, and I'll kill you.

Lardizabal: [fake grin at Makiko] Of course, Kawamura-san... I'm happy to be
here. [Ukyou pokes Lardizabal with her elbow.]
With you.

[Makiko beams and turns her attention back to the ring. Ukyou leans over to
Lardizabal.]

Ukyou: [whispering] Good boy.

[Lardizabal grumbles. Makiko pokes Ukyou and leans over.]

Makiko: [whispering] Don't worry. I got a surprise for Tanaka-kun later that'll
make him very happy.
[patting purse]

Ukyou: Oh? [raising eyebrows]

Makiko: Hai! [giggling]

[Ukyou smiles, as both girls turn back their attention to the ring.]

Ring Announcer: In the ring now, we have the reigning tag team champions: The
Conglomerate. Hailing from the United States, from the city of
Detroit, at the height of 216 cm and weighing 132 kgs,
this is POWER!!!
[loud cheers]
And his partner, hailing from Tokyo, at 185 cm and weighing in
at 100 kgs... GLORY!
[louder cheers]
And their manager... Professor Moneybags, Daewoo Kato!
[loud boos. Chants of "Daewoo no baka" start up.]

Daewoo: Hey, cut it out! It's Daewoo-sensei to you! It's Daewoo-sensei!!!

Crowd: Money, Power, Glory!

Daewoo: No! No! No! That's our OLD team name! It's The Conglomerate now!

Crowd: Money, Power, Glory!

Daewoo: ARGH!!! I *PAID* a lot to have the trademarks changed to "The
Conglomerate"! It's the _CONGLOMERATE_!

Crowd: Money, Power, Glory!

Daewoo: BAKA, you... you... [starts swearing]

[The crowd start hurling paper cups, chopsticks, buns, anything at Daewoo.
Power and Glory steps in to protect Daewoo. Suddenly, loud cheers erupts.
Panties, phone numbers hastily scribbled on paper, and flowers get tossed at
the two wrestlers, who grin at their manager.]

[Meanwhile, a man runs up to the ring announcer and whispered something in
his ear.]

Ring Announcer: Ladies and gentlemen, we have had a... er... minor setback.
The Miracle Violence Combination seem to have... er...
ballooned up?

* * *

TV announcer: Konbanwa! Seiko Tetsuo reporting to you live from the Noumunoikan
University Gymnasium, where, just moments ago, the Miracle
Violence Combination has apparently forfeited its match to the
Conglomerate. And now, we go to our color announcer, Mitsubishi
Takumi. Any comments?

Takumi: Well, essentially, the crowd is unhappy. Some of them are tossing
all sorts of things into the ring and... wait. What's this?

Tetsuo: A boy with a pig-tail appears to be insulting the Conglomerate. Can
you zoom in?

[Camera shifts to Ranma, who apparently is talking to Daewoo, who is strutting
up and down the aisle. Akane and Nabiki slinks into the background, while
Kasumi worriedly scans the crowd for Yuriko.]

Tetsuo's voice: Can we get audio?

Ranma: Hey! This is YOUR ultimate fighting team? I can do better! I want my
money back!

Nabiki: Uh, that's MY money I want back!!!

Daewoo: [sniffing disdainfully] These are the best fighters in the world!

Ranma: You guys couldn't fight to save your life! [pointing at Power] Look at
your arms! How can you bend them? Much less grab somebody?!
[sticks tongue out at Power]

Takumi's voice: Ugh. I pity the fool who messes with Power... you don't make
Power mad and live...

[Power makes a sound like grinding gears, as he clenches his teeth. Then he
grabs Ranma by his pig-tail and tosses him into the ring.]

Tetsuo's voice: Uh-oh.

Daewoo: Fool! You want to feel the power and see the glory? Prepare for a
tag-team match and make peace with your gods, for you face oblivion!

Ranma: [rubs his head] How can I have a tag team match, if I don't have a
partner?

[Meanwhile, Makiko is looking with starry eyes at Glory.]

Makiko: Arigato gozaimasu! You didn't have to sign my magazine!

Glory: [handing magazine back, smiling] It was my pleasure.
[leaning over] So, what are you doing after tonight?

Makiko: Oh! [giggles] Um...

[Makiko casts a small sideway glance towards Lardizabal, who has an irritated
look on his face.]

Lardizabal: Hey, pretty-boy, whatcha going to do with all those panties?

Glory: Huh? [looking at floor] Nothing. [turns back to Makiko]

Lardizabal: You going to do anything with them?

Glory: [turning to face Lardizabal] Don't be ridiculous!

Lardizabal: You like to sniff them or what?

Glory: [getting mad] You...

[Makiko, who was secretly smiling while Lardizabal argued with Glory, suddenly
becomes concerned.]

Makiko: Tanaka-kun... [tugging at Lardizabal's sleeve]

Lardizabal: [shrugging off Makiko] Or maybe you just like to... wear them?

Glory: [snarling] That's it...!

[Glory grabs Lardizabal and tosses him into the ring.]

Takumi's voice: This certainly seems to be the day for idiocy...

Daewoo: Now, you have a partner, pig-tailed fool! [evil cackle] Whatcha gonna
do when Power and Glory runs wild on you?! BWAH HA HA HA HA HA!!!

Tetsuo's voice: All right! We have a match here... the Pig-tailed Fool and the
Big Mouth versus the Conglomerate!

[Split screen effects start here.]

Lardizabal and Ranma: What, me partner with HIM?! [pointing finger at each
other]

Makiko and Akane: [slapping hand to head] BAKAYARO!

Power and Glory: Heh heh. [rubbing hands]

Nabiki and Daewoo: There must be a way to make money out of this... [grinning]

[Ukyou rolls her eyes, while Kasumi watches the scene unfold with interest.]

[Split screen effects end here.]

Ranma: What are you doing here, baka?!

Lardizabal: What about YOU, baka?! [poking Ranma's chest]

Ranma: Akane dragged me here. What's YOUR excuse? [poking Lardizabal's chest]

Lardizabal: Kawamura-san offered to buy me a drink if I came with her and
Kuonji-san.

Ranma: Ucchan? You leave her... no, BOTH of them alone!

Lardizabal: Yeah? Who's going to make me... you???

[The referee, meanwhile has been watching the two bicker.]

Referee: Uh... which one of you starts the match?

[Lardizabal and Ranma cut off in mid-argument and turn to the referee,
wide-eyed.]

Lardizabal and Ranma: [simultaneously] NANI??? Hey, wait! I'm not wrestling!

[Daewoo, outside of the ring, walks over to their side of the ring, escorted by
two security officers.]

Daewoo: You wrestle or you go to jail. [motions to the security officers behind
him]

Lardizabal: For what, fathead?

Daewoo: Disturbing the public peace, inciting a riot...

Ranma: [sticking his tongue out at Daewoo] Ah, he can't arrest us for that,
right, Tanaka-san? [pauses] Tanaka-san?

Lardizabal: ... All right, he'll start.

[Lardizabal steps out of the ring and stands on the apron (edge) of the ring]

Ranma: [as the bell rings] Hey, wait, why do I...?

[Someone taps his shoulder. Turning, Ranma stares at a muscular chest. Slowly
letting his eyes wander up, Ranma stares into a grinning face. Power then picks
Ranma up by the throat... cut to Tetsuo and Takumi, who are sitting at
ringside.]

Tetsuo: [as sound of slamming body occur] Ow! Power starts off the match with
a wicked chokeslam!

Takumi: The Pig-tailed Fool has to spend more time observing his opponent and
less time talking.

Tetsuo: That is, if he can talk after that vicious chokeslam... oh, Power
throws the Fool onto the ropes! The Fool bounces off and tries a
beautiful jump-kick...
[grimacing at the sound of a body hitting the mat] Eep!

Takumi: The height advantage of Power over the Pig-tailed Fool... [loud grunt]
Ooh, Power has just whipped the Fool to the ropes and... [*crunch*]
A big foot to the face of the Fool!

Tetsuo: Hai, the superior reach and strength of Power is proving to be a
[winces as the ring shakes] major problem. Although the pig-tailed
fool seems to have natural martial arts abilities, the sheer strength
of Power has made him the cornerstone of the Conglomerate.

Takumi: Hai... Power's training with...

Ranma's voice: TENSHIN AMAGURIKEN!

Tetsuo: Oh my! The Pig-tailed Fool is hitting Power with everything he has!

Takumi: [shrugging] Against Power?

Ranma's voice: What the hell...?

Tetsuo: Power shrugs it off! He's just standing there laughing!!!

Takumi: Of course he would... after all, Daewoo pays plenty of money to have
people pound Power with concrete blocks every day! [*SLAP*]

Tetsuo: And certainly Power is demonstrating his stamina... [*BONK*]

Takumi: Yes, indeed. Power seems on course to become the World Champion of...
[*SLAM*] Oh WOW!

Tetsuo: Let's go to the replay!

[Power tags Glory, drags Ranma off to one side of the ring, then tosses him
towards the ropes. As Ranma bounces off the ropes, he tries to leapfrog Power,
but Power snatches him out of the air and tosses him up. Ranma finds himself
upside down in the air... but not for long, as Glory jumps up, and catches him
around the waist. Glory then guides the landing, landing on his butt as he
slams the back of Ranma's head onto the mat.]

Tetsuo: A beautiful tag-team maneuver! Power tags in his partner, flings the
fool to the ropes, and tosses him up in the air. Glory jumps up,
grabs the poor sucker, and delivers an aerial piledriver!

Takumi: It's the Wuthering Heights maneuver! And Glory...

Tetsuo: Great shades of Elvis! That pelvis dance ought to be banned!

Takumi: Female fans seem to love it, though... and Glory is the most athletic
wrestler in the world.

Tetsuo: He's certainly not showing his athleticism right now... oh, now Glory
is going for the pin!

Takumi: About time! The referee counts 1... 2... NO!

[Cut back to the wrestling ring. Ranma shoves Glory off him, and flips to his
feet, where he gives Glory a vicious sidekick. Glory ducks, trips Ranma, then
grabs his legs. Glory then flips Ranma onto his stomach and sits on Ranma's
back, maintaining his grip on Ranma's legs. Glory pulls hard on Ranma's legs,
causing a loud grunt.]

Tetsuo's voice: The Pig-tailed Fool has kicked out of the pin! But now Glory
goes for the Boston Crab!

Takumi's voice: I pity the fool. To wrestle against Glory... the martial artist
with a thousand moves...

Akane: [shouting] Come on, Ranma! You can get out of that one!

Nabiki: Of course he can, sis... you do that a lot to him.

[Akane gives Nabiki a sour look, as Ranma drags himself over to the ropes and
grabs ahold.]

Tetsuo's voice: The Pig-tailed Fool has managed to drag himself to the ropes!
The referee forces Glory to break the hold...

[Ranma shrugs to his feet, and is grabbed by Glory. Glory throws him into the
corner where Power is standing. Ranma holds on to the ropes as he jumps up...]

Tetsuo's voice: A leaping attempt to avoid the charge! But Glory is not
fooled, as he halted...

[Ranma lands, spins around, and is greeted by a pair of feet to the face.]

Takumi's voice: A beautiful drop-kick by Glory! And now the Pig-tailed Fool is
being whipped into the ropes... ooh!

Tetsuo's voice: Nice maneuver by Glory, knocking the Big Mouth off the apron.
The Pig-tailed Fool is lying motionless on the mat... and
Glory executes a... dance?

Takumi's voice: Glory could be making a tactical error here, not going for the
pin.

[Glory grins and does stretching routines.]

Glory: I'm the best there was, the best there is, and the best there ever...!
OOF! [jaw gets hit by a foot]

Ranma: Nuh-uh! *I'm* the best there ever will be!

[Ranma flips onto his feet, as Glory goes crashing to the mat. Ranma then
bounces off the ropes, flips once, and lands on Glory's neck. Holding on to
Glory's head with his legs...]

Ranma: TENSHIN AMAGURIKEN!!!

[Delivering multiple punches to Glory's head, Ranma goes along for the ride as
Glory falls into the corner where Lardizabal is.]

Lardizabal: Finish him now!

Ranma: [grinning] Gimme a few seconds...

[Ranma jumps off and delivers several kicks to the face. Glory blinks once...
staggers forward... and flips forward onto his face.]

Takumi's voice: The Pig-tailed Fool is taking control of the match.

Lardizabal: Hurry up and pin him!

Ranma: [disdainfully] Take it easy...

[Ranma climbs the turnbuckle, his back to the ring.]

Tetsuo's voice: What's he doing?

Takumi's voice: Looks like he's going for a moonsault.

[Ranma jumps off the turnbuckle and flips towards Glory...]

Takumi's voice: Hai, a moonsault for a pin!!!

[Glory blinks and rolls out of the way. Ranma goes crashing face-first into
the mat.]

Takumi's voice: And he misses!

Lardizabal: [slapping hand to head] BAKA!

[Glory taps his head... and laughs.]

Glory: Wow, I'm so good that I even scare myself! [laughing]

Tetsuo's voice: Conceited, isn't Glory?

Takumi's voice: Glory's very good. He has demonstrated remarkable tenacity and
agility in the past. Someday, he'll be as good as he thinks he
is...

[Glory dances around... and gets socked by Ranma, who has bounced up.]

Takumi's voice: ... but he needs to learn when to show off and when to wrestle.

[Ranma grins and sits on Glory.]

Takumi's voice: And the Pig-tailed fool goes for the pin... could we be seeing
an upset here tonight?

[Glory tosses Ranma off him.]

Tetsuo's voice: NO! But the Pig-tailed Fool throws Glory to the ropes...

[Ranma whips Glory to the ropes, then runs to the opposite side... and gets hit
by a knee to the back. Power grins innocently as the referee turns to him.
Glory keeps running, jumps over Ranma, bounces off the ropes, and lands a leg
to the back of Ranma's neck.]

Takumi's voice: A leg-drop by Glory! The referee didn't see that move by Power!
Once again, the tag-team experience of Power and Glory shows
itself here. And... Glory's tagging... wait! The Pig-tailed
Fool is trying to hold on to Glory to stop him from making a
tag!

[Glory manages to jump and just barely makes the tag. Power ROARS loudly and
steps over the top rope into the ring. Ranma's eyes widen just before a big
fist slams into his face. Picking up Ranma by his pig-tail, Power hoists Ranma
horizontally onto his shoulders and pulls down on Ranma's legs and neck.]

Tetsuo's voice: Oooh! A submission maneuver!

Takumi's voice: If the Pig-tailed Fool can escape the Torture Rack...

[Ranma flails around and shakes his head no, when the referee asks for a
submission. Power grins.]

Tetsuo's voice: The Pig-tailed Fool better hurry before his back breaks...

[Desperately, Ranma pokes Power in the eye. Power roars and drops Ranma to the
mat.]

Takumi's voice: Oho! The Pig-tailed Fool counters with a good old-fashioned
poke to the eye!

[Ranma gathers his wits... then gets lifted up by his pig-tail. Spinning around
in the air, he comes face-to-face with a VERY angry Power.]

Ranma: [grinning] I've got you now...! MOUKO TAKABISHA!!!

[A burst of bright blue chi energy explodes from Ranma's hands. When the flash
fades, a slightly singed Power glares back with a nasty glare.]

Ranma: [swinging through the air] Eep. Gomen...?

Power: [growling through clenched teeth] Kid gloves are off, boy...

[Power bares his teeth and slams Ranma back and forth on the mat, holding on
to his pig-tail. Then he picks up Ranma, holds him in a bearhug, and flips
onto the mat, nearly crushing Ranma's spine.]

Takumi's voice: And Power regains control in a hurry with a belly-to-belly
suplex!

[Power sits on Ranma. The referee comes forward...]

Tetsuo's voice: And Power goes for the pin! 1... 2... 2 1/2! The Pig-tailed
Fool has kicked out!

Takumi's voice: The Pig-tailed Fool should have stayed down. Now he's in for
a world of hurt.

[Growling, Power picks up Ranma, whips him to a corner, then comes charging
in, nearly squishing Ranma. Ranma staggers forward... then flips
head-over-heels and lands on the mat. Power shrugs and tags in Glory, who
walks over to Ranma, and lifts Ranma by the waist into the air. Glory then
brings Ranma's tailbone down onto his knee, causing Ranma to bounce up yelling
and holding his backside.]

Takumi's voice: An atomic drop!

Tetsuo's voice: And now Glory whips the Pig-tailed Fool to the ropes... ooh!

[Ranma bounces off the ropes, only to get caught as Glory comes charging up
and leaps, grabbing Ranma by the neck. Glory's momentum sends Ranma's legs
flying out from underneath him and Ranma goes crashing hard to the mat. Glory
gets up, tags in Power, then picks up and flings Ranma to the ropes. Glory
then links arms with Power and catches Ranma just under the neck...]

Takumi's voice: A devastating double clothesline!!!

[Power runs around the ring roaring and shaking his arms, as Glory preens and
blows kisses to the audience. The referee warns Glory to get out. Glory
complies, but not without a final dance, as Power picks up Ranma with one hand.
Ranma flails around, trying to tag Lardizabal.]

Tetsuo's voice: Right about now, the Pig-tailed Fool should be tagging in
his partner...

[Lardizabal shakes his head.]

Ranma: Hey, what are you doing?

Lardizabal: [growling] Do I look DRUNK to you, Saotome-san?

Takumi's voice: But the Big Mouth isn't a dummy! You'd have to be insane
in the membrane to try to match up against POWER!

[Power places Ranma's shoulders and neck on the ropes and tangles the ropes so
that Ranma cannot escape. Power then runs and bounces off the opposite side of
the ring to deliver a...]

Tetsuo's voice: Oh MY! Power has just delivered a devastating...

Takumi's voice: ... buttdrop to the base of the Pig-tailed Fool's neck!

Tetsuo's voice: And now security seems to be amassing to try to stop a couple
of girls from interfering with the match!

[Shift to wide-audience scene, to show Akane and Ukyou, both of whom are trying
to get over the fences from opposite sides of the ring. Kasumi and Nabiki are
trying to hold on to Akane, while Makiko is clinging to Ukyou's back.]

Takumi's voice: And another buttdrop!

[Camera zooms back in, as Ranma slowly is peeled off the ropes by Power.]

Tetsuo's voice: What intestinal fortitude! Very few people have lasted this
long against the strength of Power!

[Ranma does a back-flip, slipping loose of Power's grip.]

Takumi's voice: Oho! The Pig-tailed Fool has just evaded Power's grip!

[Ranma manages to get himself stuck in a corner. Power comes charging in...
and Ranma lifts his feet, letting Power run head-first into his feet. Power
blinks once, then comes charging in again...]

Ranma: SAOTOME SECRET TECHNIQUE!!!

Tetsuo's voice: What the? The Pig-tailed Fool is bouncing all over the ring...!
Power is going crazy trying to catch him! And the pig-tailed
fool reaches out to tag his partner...!

[Ranma manages to avoid Power long enough to jump towards Lardizabal, reaching
out to tag...]

Tetsuo's voice: HEY! The Big Mouth ducked!

[Ranma goes flying out of the ring, landing near Ukyou.]

Lardizabal: [yelling at Ranma] BAKAYARO! I'M SOBER! THERE IS [pointing finger
at Power] NO WAY AM I TAGGING IN AGAINST THAT... THAT MONSTER!!!

Ukyou: Ran-chan!!!

[Daewoo comes up to Ranma.]

Daewoo: Are they tough enough for you, now? [cackling laughter] They're the
best money can buy! BWAH HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

[The crowd begins booing and start throwing objects. Glory hops down off the
apron and heads towards Ranma's turned back...]

Takumi's voice: Oh my! If the Pig-tailed Fool doesn't watch out, Glory's going
to inflict serious harm...!

Tetsuo's voice: But first, a word from our sponsor...!

* * *

[A martial arts dojo. A bespectacled sensei is screaming at students, all of
whom look bored.]

Student #1: What a drag...

Student #2: You said it.

[A ripping sound, and the walls of the dojo tears away to reveal...]

Power: [roaring] Need some punch in your life?!

Students: YEAH!

Power: Want a kick out of life?!

Students: YEAH!

Power: Then snap into a... POCKY! [*crunch*]

[Dummies explode, sending wads of cotton everywhere.]

Sensei: [running up] Hey, see here, you can't...!

[Power chomps off a piece of pocky. The sensei goes flying through a formerly
undamaged wall, leaving a man-figured hole.]

Power: For the moments in your life, whenever you need a lift...

Students: SNAP INTO A POCKY!!! [*crunch*]

[The dojo blasts off into the sky. Amidst the remains...]

Power: [crackling with red chi energy and holding up three different boxes]
Now available in Strawberry, Chocolate, and Tutti-frutti!

* * *

[Ranma's in the ring being pounded and back-dropped by Glory.]

Tetsuo's voice: Welcome back! While you were away, Power tagged Glory, who
went out and tossed the Pig-tailed Fool back into the ring.
And Glory is going to work on him now...

[Ranma gets tossed outside the ring. Glory backs up, then cartwheels across
the ring and flings himself out of the ring, landing a cross-body splash on
Ranma.]

Takumi's voice: Oh my! A spectacular Flying Saucer Tiger Drop!

[Ranma gets picked up by Glory. Ranma tries to swing, but Glory grabs his arm,
makes an acrobatic jump to get behind Ranma, and then rams Ranma into the
apron.]

Tetsuo's voice: And the Pig-tailed fool is trying to defend himself... with a
finger?!

Ranma: Look, your shoes are untied!

Glory: Huh? [looking at his slippers]

[Ranma kicks Glory in the face. Glory's head snaps back.

Takumi's voice: A devious maneuver by the Pig-tailed Fool!

[Glory's head slowly bends forward, as Glory casts a baleful eye at Ranma.]

Tetsuo's voice: And the Pig-tailed Fool tries it once again!

Ranma: Look! A gorgeous babe! [pointing at Kasumi, who happens to be the
closest girl to the ring.]

Glory: Where? [turns head]

[Kasumi beams and waves at Glory. Glory grins and waves back, then turns back
to Ranma... and gets a fist in his face.]

Ranma: [pointing at ground] Look, a ten-thousand yen bill!

Glory: Don't need it. Daewoo-sensei pays me plenty.

[Glory slams Ranma's face with a fist, and then cheerfully introduces him to
one of the steel posts forming the ring.]

Takumi's voice: And the Pig-tailed Fool went to the well once too often...

[As Ranma slowly gets up, Glory reaches between Ranma's legs and grabs Ranma's
left arm. Then he lifts the arm up and through Ranma's legs, picks him up, and
*SLAMS* him onto the concrete floor. Ranma screams in agony.]

Takumi's voice: Ouch... That Pig-tailed Fool better hope his parents aren't
expecting grandchildren anytime soon!

[Glory then throws Ranma back into the ring... and gets clobbered from behind
by a large wooden mallet.]

Akane: You leave Ranma alone!

Glory: [blinking once, trying to clear the tears in his eyes] Gimme that, you
stupid girl!

[Glory grabs the mallet away from Akane, and tosses it backwards... just in
time to hit a pouncing Ranma in the face. Ranma goes down on the mat. Glory
leaps up onto the apron, climbs a turnbuckle and delivers an elbow to Ranma's
chest.]

Tetsuo's voice: Glory goes for the pin! 1... 2...

[Ranma kicks out of the pin. Glory bounces up, picks up Ranma and pushes him
into a corner, then whips him towards the other side.]

Tetsuo's voice: No good! Oh, they caught the person who interfered with the
match!

[Pull back camera to see that Akane is being dragged away by security...]

Tetsuo's voice: Hey, wasn't that the girl sitting WITH the Pig-tailed Fool?

Takumi's voice: Hai... but she seems quite upset with the Pig-tailed Fool.

Akane's voice: RANMA NO BAKA!!!

Tetsuo's voice: Hai, probably upset the Fool is even in this match... [*SLAM*]
Oh my!

Takumi's voice: A beautiful scissor leg flip!!!

Tetsuo's voice: Let's show you the action replay!

[Scene splits into two:

Side 1: Side 2: [Blinking kanji for replay]

[Ranma staggers up and is greeted [Glory dashes up, leaps,
with an uppercut to the face. catches Ranma's head with his feet,
Glory then drags him towards Power, flips over, and lands on his stomach,
who tags in. Power tosses Ranma's as Ranma's head is sent driving down
body across to a neutral corner.] to the mat by the force of the flip.]

End split.]

[Power motions to Glory, who nods, grins, and makes a "thumbs down" motion,
drawing loud cheers.]

Power: [drawing arms together, then flinging them apart] You're FINISHED!!!

Tetsuo's voice: Can it be???

[Power walks over to Ranma and lifts him. Power seats Ranma on the turnbuckle,
both backs to the ring, as Glory climbs up another turnbuckle. Both Power and
Glory begin emitting dark red flames of chi energy.]

Takumi's voice: It is!

[Power climbs the turnbuckle, as Glory lifts his arms to loud cheers.]

Daewoo: [cackling] Alllllll right!!! BWAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

[Simultaneously, Power and Glory yell, drawing loud cheers.]

Power: [screaming] CHIKARA---!!!

Glory: [screaming] ---SOUKAN!!!

[Power lifts Ranma and falls over backwards, flipping Ranma. Glory leaps just
as Power begins his lift, and lands across Ranma just as Ranma's spine hits the
mat. A piece of paper is sent flying out of Ranma's pocket.]

Tetsuo's voice: The Power and Glory suplex-splash!!!

Takumi's voice: The Pig-tailed Fool is done!

Lardizabal: [covering eyes] Ouch.

Daewoo: BWAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

[Power walks over, as Glory gets off Ranma and climbs to his feet. Power then
puts a foot on Ranma's chest, lifts a fist, and roars, as Glory preens and
stretches.]

Ukyou: Ranchan!!! [tries to climb over the fence]

Makiko: [restraining Ukyou, hissing] Wait, Ukyou-chan! You want to be thrown
out of here too???

[The fluttering piece of paper draws Lardizabal's attention. Dodging Ranma's
attempts ("TENSHIN AMAGURIKEN!!!") to tag him, Lardizabal leans over to get a
closer look.]

[The referee hits the mat once.]

[Lardizabal spots the phrase "Free drinks" on the paper. Blinking once,
Lardizabal leans over and grabs the piece of paper...]

[The referee hits the mat a second time.]

[Ranma reaches out just as the referee is bringing his arm down... and tags
Lardizabal in the face. The referee halts his arm and motions that the tag has
been made. Power looks over, growls and grabs Lardy, who loses the piece of
paper as he is hauled over the ropes. Growling, Power lifts Lardizabal up in
the air.]

Lardizabal: [looking into Power's face] I don't suppose you'd consider just
dropping me and pinning me right now?

Power: [teeth clenched] No.

[Ranma rolls out of the ring and falls face-first into the concrete floor.
Power places Lardizabal on the turnbuckle, climbs up and, roaring, punches
Lardizabal in the face several times. Then Power grabs Lardizabal's face in a
headlock and flips him off the turnbuckle onto the floor.]

Takumi's voice: A devastating suplex off the turnbuckle!

Tetsuo's voice: And Power is set to do more damage!

[Power forces Lardizabal to hunch over. Putting Lardizabal's head between his
legs, Power lifts his arms up, as he roars. The crowd goes wild.]

Tetsuo's voice: Oh oh...

Takumi's voice: Can it be?

[Power then grabs Lardizabal's midsection, lifts him up to his shoulders, then
dives down towards the mat, using Lardizabal as a cushion. Lardizabal's neck
and shoulders meet the mat with a sickening crunch.]

Takumi's voice: A Power-bomb!

Tetsuo's voice: And the Big Mouth is down for the count... Power puts his foot
on the Big Mouth for a pin. 1... 2...

[Lardizabal pushes the foot off weakly.]

Takumi's voice: That took a lot out of the Big Mouth, but not enough. Power
realizes that and tags in Glory!

[Power tags Glory, who jumps into the ring. Glory then starts hopping around,
waiting for Power to set him up. Power picks up Lardizabal and hurls him
across to Glory...]

* * *

[Sound of body hitting the mat.]

Tetsuo: Ouch.

* * *

[Pounding sounds.]

[Makiko closes her eyes, as Ukyou winces in sympathy.]

* * *

[Lardizabal stands up into the view of the camera.]

Lardizabal: [staggering and holding up a finger, cross-eyed] Mine eyes have
seen the Gl-o-ry...

[A foot kicks Lardizabal out of view. Glory comes into vision and primps for
the camera, before chasing after Lardizabal.]

* * *

[Screeching noises, and a vibrating sound, as of a wrestling ring rattling
across the concrete floor.]

Takumi: They must have felt that aftershock all the way to Hokkaido!

* * *

[Lardizabal runs past the view of the camera. A raging Power charges after
him.]

[Lardizabal reappears in the view of the camera... flying past the camera.
Power charges back in and out of the view of the camera after Lardizabal.]

* * *

[Crunching sounds.]

[Kato Daewoo rubs his wallet, held in his hands, in glee, ignoring all the
pocky being hurled his way.]

* * *

[Chewing sounds.]

[Nabiki chomps on a pocky, while Kasumi smiles and waves at the camera.]

* * *

Power: [holding a badly-bruised Lardizabal in a headlock] I'm getting
really hungry. I could really go for some pocky right now...

Glory: Hai, me too. Let's finish this.

[Power nods and flings Lardizabal to Glory, who then puts Lardizabal in a
headlock. Power steps out of the ring onto the apron, as Glory ponders.]

Tetsuo's voice: Oh! Which of his hundred finishing moves is he going to pick???

[Glory nods his head, arriving at a decision. Glory then readjusts his grip,
putting Lardizabal in such a position that Lardizabal's neck is locked in the
crook of Glory's right elbow and Lardizabal's body is bent over in front of
Glory.]

Glory: [raising his voice] And now...

Tetsuo's voice: Can it be...?

Glory: [starting to glow red] You're going to see...

Takumi's voice: Hai, it is!

Glory: A PERFECT-PLEX!!!

[Loud cheers erupt. As Glory grabs one of Lardizabal's arms, Lardizabal's one
unbruised eye flings open.]

Lardizabal: A... perfect...?

[Lardizabal feels his right arm being placed around Glory's neck and his right
hip being held by Glory's left arm. Glory's right arm then reaches down to
hook Lardizabal's right leg. Glory then moves his left arm and locks his hands,
trapping Lardizabal's head and leg together. Glory bends over backwards,
taking Lardizabal with him. Lardizabal lands on his back, his head and leg
locked in position by Glory. Glory, keeping his knees bent, arches his back
and holds his position for a cradle suplex pin. The referee flings himself to
the mat and slaps the mat once.]

Lardizabal: [thinking] A ... what?

Tetsuo's voice: A perfect-plex for a pin!!!

[The referee slaps the mat a second time. This time, Ukyou is the one
restraining Makiko.]

Lardizabal: [anger mounting] A... PERFECT...?!

[Memories of his perfectionist mother surface within Lardizabal...]

[The referee lifts his arm a third time...]

[Lardizabal kicks out.]

Takumi's voice: UNBELIEVABLE!!!

[Glory hits Lardizabal's head. Lardizabal blinks in surprise, then begins
shaking his head. Glory hits Lardizabal again. Lardizabal bounces up, wagging
his finger in a "no-no" motion. Glory hits Lardizabal a third time... and
Lardizabal begins running around the ring, shaking his arms energetically,
just as Ranma crawls back onto the apron.]

Makiko: All right! Tanaka-kun! Go to it!

[Makiko digs down in her purse and tosses a big bottle of wine at Lardizabal,
who grabs, opens, and drinks it all in a hurry.]

Lardizabal: [grinning at Makiko] Arigato! [starting to slur] Just what I
needed...!

[Glory blinks and hits Lardizabal once more.]

Glory: Hey! Why didn't you share?

[Lardizabal's answer is to head-butt Glory. Glory falls down, gets up, gets
head-butted again, falls down, gets up, gets headbutted again...]

Takumi's voice: Uh-huh, uh huh, uh-huh!

Tetsuo's voice: Enough already!

[After three such headbutts, Glory decides to just stay down. Lardizabal goes
for the pin... and rolls off, as Power's attempt to save his partner results
in a big power-splash to Glory. As Power gets groggily up, Ranma charges
across the ring towards Power and greets him with a flying kick that knocks
Power out of the ring. Ranma then picks up Glory, flings him to a turnbuckle,
and then whips Lardizabal after Glory. Lardizabal slams into Glory, then
collapses, seemingly overcome by the alcohol, as Ranma comes in with a flying
kick that nearly snaps Glory's head off. Glory collapses, chi energy no longer
emitting. Lardizabal rolls over and pins Glory, as Ranma steps out of the
ring. The referee hits the mat once... twice...]

[Glory kicks out. Loud cheers erupt.]

Lardizabal: Chikusho!!!

[Lardizabal gets up, only to get clotheslined by a roaring, glowing red Power.]

Tetsuo's voice: Glory kicks out! And Power's on a rampage now!

[Power comes roaring at Ranma, who ducks and evades all the maneuvers. Ukyou
slips free of Makiko and jumps over the fence and dashes into the ring.]

Takumi's voice: And yet another girl is getting involved in the match!

Ukyou: Ran-chan! Catch!

[Ukyou tosses a small spatula towards Ranma, who catches it just as Power comes
roaring down on him. As Power reaches him, Ranma catches Power's wrist with the
spatula and flips him out through the ceiling.]

Takumi's voice: The Pig-tailed Fool's taken Power out of the action! And
Glory is getting up...

[Lardizabal gets groggily up, and trades blows with Glory. Managing to grab
Glory in an headlock, Lardizabal points at Ranma. Ranma shrugs and moves a few
meters behind Lardizabal.]

Tetsuo's voice: What ARE they doing?

[Lardizabal flings Glory to the ropes...]

Takumi's voice: I have no idea!

[Lardizabal grabs Glory as he bounces off the ropes and flips him up in the
air...]

Tetsuo's voice: You're the color commentator! You _ought_ to know!

Ranma: HIRYUU SHOTENHA!!!

Takumi's voice: SOME WHIRLWIND DRAGON COMBINATION THING, OKAY!?!

[The resulting chi tornado adds extra momentum to Glory's upwards motion... and
the loud crash with which Glory crashes onto the mat nearly bends the ring into
a U shape. Lardizabal flops down and pins Glory. Ukyou runs over and punches
Daewoo, who is climbing into the ring. Daewoo falls off the apron and gets
caught by Power, who is trying to climb into the ring, as the referee
counts. 1... 2...]

[Three times! Loud boos erupt.]

Tetsuo's voice: UNBELIEVABLE! A stunning upset by the Big Mouth and the
Pig-tailed Fool!

Takumi's voice: I don't believe it! Neither does Daewoo! The Conglomerate's
manager is angrily arguing with the referee!!!

Tetsuo's voice: [yelling over the loud boos] And the crowd is showing its
displeasure!

[Exhausted, Lardizabal is helped to his feet by Ranma and Ukyou... as the
referee walks over and lifts their arms. Cut to...]

Makiko: [bouncing up and down] All right, Lard-chan!

Ukyou: [leaning over the ropes, and staring at Makiko] Just friends, huh?

Makiko: Oops. [blushing]

[Cut to...]

Nabiki: [poking a nearby fan] You owe me 10,000 yen.

[Cut to... Kasumi smiling happily and applauding. Cut to...]

Tetsuo: [amazed look] We're out of broadcast time. B-but what a night to
remember! A s-spectacular debut by... uh... Two Idiots with Attitudes!

Takumi: [hoarse voice] Well... I guess that concludes our broadcast.
Ja mata...!

[Cut to Yuriko dashing out of the locker room into the ring.]

Yuriko: All right! Congratulations!!! By the way, are you interested in a
bio-booster...?

Ranma: NO!!!

Yuriko: [pouting] I need more volunteers! The Miracle Violence Combination's
results were inconclusive, due to all the steroids in their systems,
and the only other person that volunteered to try it was that crazy
wrestler, Fukamachi Sho, and he had the weirdest allergic reaction...

Kasumi: Yuriko! [climbs into the ring, dragging Nabiki with her]

[Akane comes dashing into the ring, knocking Power aside and sending a groggy
Glory flying out of the ring.]

Akane: Ranma! [hugging him, as Ranma winces from the pain] You wouldn't
believe how hard it was to get back in here, but... you won!!!
[another hug, another wince]

[Pretty soon, the gang is crowding around Ranma and Lardizabal. Kasumi and
Yuriko produces bandages and peroxide. Makiko, Ukyou and Akane nearly knock
each other out fighting to grab the bandages, before attending to Lardizabal
and Ranma. Amidst the loud boos and garbage being tossed their way, Ranma
looks over at Lardizabal.]

Ranma: [grinning through busted lips] Not bad, Tanaka-san.

Lardizabal: [broken-toothed grin] You too, Saotome-san.

[Electronic speakers blare, drawing the attention of everyone. The ring
announcer walks into the ring and starts talking into a microphone.]

Ring announcer: After further discussion, it has been determined that the
tag-team of the Two Idiots with Attitudes has been
disqualified.

All: NANI?!

[Kato Daewoo walks up to Lardizabal and Ranma.]

Daewoo: That's right, my boy... Y'see, one... [lifting one finger] you had
illegal outside assistance. Two... [lifting second finger]
No foreign objects are allowed during a match! Three... [lifting a
third finger] no performance-enchanting substances are allowed in OUR
federation! Any of them is an automatic disqualification. BWAH HA HA
HA HA HA HA!!!

[A moment's shocked silence. Then the audience erupt into cheers for Power and
Glory, who have now climbed back into the ring. Although badly bruised, Glory
begins dancing, while Power roars like a bull and sticks his fist in the air.
Ranma starts yelling at Lardizabal.]

Ranma: You drunken fool! You cost us the victory!!!

Lardizabal: Oh shut up! It was Makiko who threw me the bottle of wine!!!

Makiko: [stops applying first-aid to Lardizabal] Oh, so this is all my fault?!

Ukyou: [stops applying first-aid to Ranma] Leave Maki-chan alone!

Akane: [stops applying first-aid to Ranma] That's right! It was Ukyou who cost
them the win! [glaring at Ukyou]

Ukyou: Hey! [glaring at Akane]

Fan: [tugging at Nabiki's sleeve] Gimme back my money! And gimme the money I
won!

Nabiki: [yelling at Daewoo] I should've won that bet! You cost me money, you
manipulative little sleaze!

Daewoo: [talking to Ranma and Lardizabal] I like your styles, though, kids...
you want to join the Conglomerate?

Nabiki: [changing attitude] They would, at, say, 5,000,000 yen.

Daewoo: WHAT? You must be insane!

Ranma: Butt out, Nabiki! [turns to Daewoo] You can take your offer and...!

[The arguments grow louder and louder...]

Yuriko: Wait a minute!

[Silence falls.]

Yuriko: Does this mean my bio-booster potion is banned?

[Everyone in the ring face-faults and collapses.]

Daewoo: [recovering first] In *THIS* federation, yes! Go find some other
sucker!

Yuriko: [bowing to Daewoo] Arigato gozaimasu!

[Yuriko straightens up and casts a speculative eye at the audience...]

* * *

[Aftermath. Yuriko has disappeared, last seen chasing after the audience,
yelling "I need volunteers!!!" Understandably, the auditorium is now empty,
except in the ring, where the gang, except for Akane, surround Nabiki and
Daewoo, who are arguing.]

Nabiki: Five million yen if you want them.

Ranma: [interjecting] I'm NOT for sale, Nabiki!

Daewoo: I'm not paying you anything for them! Power, sic 'em!

[Power roars, knocks over Ranma, and sits on him. The referee suddenly comes
into the ring and flops down on the mat.]

Nabiki: All right, pay up. I'm their manager.

Daewoo: I'm not paying you anything!

Referee: [hitting mat] One!

Nabiki: If you're going to play it that way... Ranma! [pulling a cat out of her
backpack] Cat!

[Ranma suddenly throws off Power, bounces up, and starts running away from a
chasing Nabiki.]

Lardizabal: [puzzled look] Saotome is afraid... of cats?

Makiko: [suddenly clinging to Lardizabal] Ukyou-chan... didn't you tell me
once before what happens when...

Ukyou: Yep. [smiling] Don't worry. All we need is...

[Ukyou turns around. The smile gives way to a look of terror, as Ukyou and
Makiko stare at each other.]

Ukyou and Makiko: Uh-oh...

Daewoo: [watching Ranma running around] Five million for... this??? BWAH HA HA
HA HA HA HA!!!

[Nabiki corners Ranma and shoves the cat in his face. Ranma yells. Daewoo's
laughter trails off as Ranma's screams dissolves into meows. As Ranma assumes
a crouching position and starts circling toward both Power and the referee,
Daewoo glances at Nabiki.]

Nabiki: For 10,000,000 yen I'll control him.

Daewoo: Ten million yen? [laughing] You must be crazy!

[Ranma suddenly leaps at Glory, and for a few minutes all anyone can see is a
blur of motion and lots of screaming by Glory. When it is over, Ranma is
crouching on one of the ring posts hissing at Power and the referee. Glory is
lying unconscious outside the ring, which is now shredded to ribbons.]

Power: [eyes wide open] That's Cat Fu! Pay her! Pay her!

Daewoo: [eyes bulging] Done! [whips out wallet]

Nabiki: [smugly] Deal.

[Nabiki accepts Daewoo's payment, then looks around. Nabiki's smug look fades
away as she realizes Akane is missing.]

Nabiki: [with a concerned look to Kasumi] Where's Akane?

Kasumi: The security guards caught her and took her outside. [realizing
something] Oh my.

Nabiki: Eep! [to Daewoo] Sorry, guys. You're on your own!

[Nabiki suddenly runs towards the gymnasium doors, dragging Kasumi with her.
Ukyou has already grabbed Makiko and Lardizabal, and is nearly out the doors,
far in front of Nabiki and Kasumi. Sweat rolls down the faces of Power, the
referee, and Daewoo.]

Daewoo: [stammering] N-nice kitty.

[*MEOWR!!!*]

finis.

Credits :

Writers..............: Kurt Stoskopf
David Tai
Jon Hayashi
Paul Gallegos
John Walter Biles

Story Artists........: Anastasia Moreno
Kimberly Cambridge

Story Advisors.......: Jeremy Blackman
Jason C. Bustard
T.J. Griesenbrock
Jong Man Hwang
Jim Miller
Chi M. Truong
Carson Wilcox
Thom Youngblood

Special Thanks to....: Robert DeLoura
Tanya Mundy
J.

The Tucson Animation Screening Society (TASS)
Denver Anime International

And of course Rumiko Takahashi

On a warm summer's eve
Looking at the sky
There was you and me Could this be love
Watching clouds roll by When we're together it seems like forever
Could this be love
I wonder if you knew I need to know 'cus it's now or never
What I'm thinking of Could this be love
And if you thought too
Could this be love

| Copyright (c) 1995 Digital Knight Communications |
| "Ranma 1/2" and its characters Copyright (c) 1995 |
| Viz Communications, Inc., Shogakukan, Kitty Animation |
| and Rumiko Takahashi |