Adventures of a Foriegn Exchange Student 2 (ch2) [FanFic]

Christopher Joseph Tomsyck

Mar 29, 1995, 11:39:53 PM3/29/95

Adventures of a Foreign Exchange Student 2

Chapter 2: Ranma's Little Secret

The ride back to the Tendou house was pleasant. I spent most
of the time talking with Kasumi and Akane, Ranma, was strangely
silent. Given the rush over traffic and the rain, it took us 40
minutes to get home, but it was an enjoyable ride.

I was drilled by Akane about all sorts of typical teenager
questions, mostly dealing with American stars and music. I
answered them as best I could, given that I was a college
student. Kasumi, for her part, asked my about my home life,
school, future plans, that sort of stuff. Ranma, did not ask
anything, and spent most of the time playing with the radio.

"Oneechan," I said to Kasumi, "can I put this tape in? At
least it will stop Ranma from flipping the station every few
seconds."

"Chotto matte," Ranma interrupted, "what sort of music is it?"

"Music from the anime Sailor Moon S," I responded.

"Hmmpf, a grown boy like you watching a little girls show...."
Ranma muttered, only to get whacked by Akane.

"Ranma! Mind your manners. After all, he is our guest."

Ranma proceeded to put in the tape and pouted the rest of the
way home.

Kasumi smiled one of those cheery smiles and commented on what
great friends Ranma and I were becoming.

When we finally arrived at the Tendou, the rain had let up and
the sun was starting to poke through the clouds. Akane and
Kasumi's father, Souun, was waiting for us as we drove up.

Mr. Tendou was tall and thin, with long black hair. He was
wearing a grey karate gi with a black belt. Like his daughter,
Kasumi, he radiated calm, but something about him made me suspect
that there was more to him than met my eye. Mr. Tendou was
followed out of the house by a huge panda, who opened up the mail
box and took in the evening paper.

I turned to Akane, but she assured me that this was normal. I
had my doubts, but I took Akane's word for it.

After introductions were done and over with, Ranma grunted and
heaved all my luggage on her back and carried it up to my room.
Needless to say, i was shocked.

When we got into the house, I was issued a pair of slippers, as
Souun explained to me, it is impolite to wear shoes in the house.

I thanked him and asked Akane to show me where Ranma had taken my
bags. Akane proceeded to give me a tour of the house.

First Stop on the tour was the doujou. I was not too surprised
by the doujou, Akane had told me about it on the ride over.
Nice, smooth, hardwood floor, paper screens, it was really nice.

As we turned to tour the rest of the house, a shrill squeal
sounded. From around the corner, a little pot-bellied pig with a
yellow bandanna around it's neck came running. It jumped into
Akane's arms and gently nuzzled her bosom.

"Oh P-chan, you're soaked!" Akane cried to the little pig.

"P-chan?" I asked, staring at the pig.

"P is for pig, chan is for little," Akane answered.

"Bweeee buki!" P-chan, squealed, as he eyed me. If it was not
for the fact that it was a pig, I could swear he was looking at
me with jealousy in mind.

"Thanks Akane, I'll try to find my room now and unpack."

"Hai! Dinner will be ready in an hour or so."

"Sou yo, that will be enough time for me to take a bath too."

Akane disappeared down the hallway with P-chan. I turned and
headed back upstairs to my room. The room was about the same
size as my room back at home, so I had little trouble unpacking
my junk.

After I had unpacked, I grabbed some clothes I had tossed into
a pile on the floor and a towel and headed off to the bathroom.

When I got to the bathroom, I found that the tub was already
ready to go. Nice and hot, just the way I liked it. I piled the
clothes and towel on a rack next to the tub and got in.

I had almost fallen asleep in the tub, when i heard one of the
sliding doors open. I looked though the glass door surrounding
the tub to see who was there. Since the glass was smokey and
rather opaque, I only saw the shape and color of who had entered.

And to my surprise, it was Ranma.

Ranma was casually undressing herself to get into the tub, not
that I was staring, gawking maybe, but hardly staring. Finally,
she pulled the door to the tub back, and there we were....

After the initial shock wore off of me, I began to scramble for
cover. "RANMA! DO YOU MIND!?!?!?! I am trying to take a bath!" I
shouted nearly at the top of my lungs.

Ranma seemed unfazed by this, and started to pour cold water
over herself to rinse off before getting in the tub with me. I
just lost it then, and started to splash a her with water from
the tub. It was then I got the shock of my life.

Ranma changed into a boy.

"Uuuummm, Ranma, could you hand me my towel please?" I
stammered weakly in shock.

Ranma tossed me my towel, which I grabbed on the fly as I was
standing in the tub. I quickly covered my naughty-bits and
grabbed my robe that I brought in with me. I walked out the door
and proceeded the scream my head off.

The Tendou family was shocked to see me racing down the stairs
to the living room. They began to ask me what was wrong, but I
was still freaking out.

Finally, when I calmed down, I explained what had happened to
Ranma in the bathroom, they told me not to worry about, cause it
happens all the time. I was shocked (to say the least). It was
then a large man with glasses looped around his ears, wearing a
white karate gi and a light blue towel on his head appeared.

"W--wh--who are you," I asked nervously.

"Saotome Genma, Ranma's father," came his response.

"Are you aware that your son is a fag?" I asked, to the
amazement of the room.

Genma was momentarily stunned, as was the rest of the Tendou
family. Finally he spoke, "what are you saying? My son is a
manly man! After all, I was the one who made him that way."
Genma finished off his proclamation with a roundhouse aimed right
at me.

Unfortunately for him, I had managed to grab his arm as he
swung at me. Then I performed a classic shoulder throw, one that
even Bruce Li would have been proud of, and Mr. Saotome was sent
flying.

Kasumi opened the screen door that led to the patio just in
time for Mr. Saotome to fly through and into the pond in the
Tendou's backyard. What happened next was even more shocking to
me than what just happened with Ranma.

A panda came crawling out of the pond.

I was shocked.

Finally, after a long silence, punctuated by the noise of
crickets on a summer's night, I spoke. "Excuse me, but I think I
am going to faint now." And with that, I fainted dead away.

I awoke several hours later to having P-chan on my chest and my
eye pried open by Kasumi. She smiled one of her patented "oh
good, he's alright" smiles and announced that I was coming
around.

Akane spoke to me first. "Gomenasai, we should have told you
about Ranma and Saotome no ojiisan we when first met you. The
truth is that have are cursed to change form whenever they get
wet. Do you understand.?"

I nodded weakly and Mr. Tendou took over the story. "It is a
very tragic story. Saotome-kun and Ranma were training in China
when they became cursed. Oh it is truly tragic!" With that, Mr.
Tendou started to cry, and Kasumi took over the story.

"Cold water causes them to change and hot water changes them
back to normal."

My head was spinning. What sort of curse is that? How am I
gonna deal with this? "So, is there a cure for this curse," I
asked trying to sound calm.

The room fell silent, I guess there's my answer.

I was opening the door to my room when I felt something rubbing
into my back. It was soft, rounded and squishy....like breasts.
Hands clamped down over my eyes and I heard someone say, in a
really cute girly voice, "darega...."

I turned to see who it was and it was Ranma, as a boy. Not
quite knowing how to react, I lashed out with my fist and caught
Ranma right in the jaw, sending him flying into the wall behind
him. "PERVERT!" I shouted and slammed the door to my room....

To be Continued....

next chapter: Going Out to Lunch with Nabiki-oneechan

Nabiki "volunteers" to show me around town. We go everywhere
from a kissaten to a pachinko arcade to a manga shop. Nabiki
manages to avoid all her bills....except one....

ja na matta ashita!
March 28th, 1995

bakemono ja nai, ore wa AKUMA da!