Anime Contests / Free Anime Prizes October

Ari

Nov 21, 2001, 3:14:06 AM11/21/01
OCTOBER LETTER 2001

Gloves & Holly Art Agency http://www.jessebox.com
We are a bran-new web site that is dedicated to anime artists. We are non
profit and want people to draw anime! So whip out your pencils and doodle
all over your paper. Wait, that sounded really gorse. Now that I'm really
embarrassed, let's move on.

Each month we have a contest for prizes! First let's check out the contest
then schmooze on down to the REALLY COOL PRIZES WE ARE GIVING AWAY!!!

This months contest (Must submit by 10/31/01) jessebox.com/art/general.php
Holoween party in a weird place.

Rules:
Your entry must have something to do with Holoween. May be original
characters or characters from existing manga or anime. You may use what
ever medium you feel like.

There is no limit to the number of entries.
Entries must be scanned and emailed in JPG, GIF or SWF (flash) formats.
No copying! If you are caught copying existing artwork your piece will be
not be an eligible submission.

Submission:
Send attached files to: gloves...@pluginbox.net
Include the artist's name, and web site if you have one.
Your work will be reviewed and posted under "Entries" usually within a
week.
Entries will be judged by you! From November 1st to 15th voting will be
open.
Entries must be received by: October 31, 2001

Available prizes in the Prize Vault jessebox.com/art/prize_vault.php

PRIZES!!!
This is what it's all about folks! The prizes! We'll not for me it's not. I
don't get to have any of the prizes. ~_~ But what this means is that you
get one better chance to get PRIZES!!! What you need to envision is
Happosai from Ranma 1/2. Instead of him going crazy about braziers, you're
going crazy about PRIZES!!! Below you will find some of the prizes you can
pick form once you win, because it's going to be you* who wins!!!

*Warning May not be you.

Reminder to vote jessebox.com/art/general_entries.php
Even more than entering in the contest to get PRIZES!!! you need to vote!
How can anyone win if you don't view the entries and vote for your
favorite! You only get one vote so pick wisely!

I just remembered something... You can't vote!!! It's not because you
aren't old enough. It's because we don't have a previous month's contest to
vote on! This means that you can vote on November 1st for October's contest
but that's not for a heck-a long time. Just something to keep in the back
of your mellon.

-----
Last months winner
Don't forget to check the previous winners. These are the people you have
to train night and day to become better than them. You have to train like
Goku did on his way to Namak or like the sailor scouts did! Oh wait... I
don't think the sailor scouts did much training for any battle. So not like
the sailor scouts. Probably more Tenchi. Sorry I'm naming these old school
anime, nothing new is coming into mind.

There is only one problem with this. Our site is tooooo new!!! WE HAVE NO
PREVIOUS MONTHS!!! So this means that you are going to have to be
disciplined and train without knowing your rivals abilities and special
attacks. Maybe I should lay off the competition bit. I mean art isn't meant
to be a competition. It's meant to look nice and increase a person's view
on the world. To share creative ideas... yea. I like that... Everyone will
get prizes. Oh crap! we don't have that many prizes ~_~ I'm sorry it will
have to stay a competition. We aren't made of money you know. A lot of
these prizes are coming out of our own pockets.

Even if you aren't a great artists and don't think you will win... JOIN THE
CLUB!!! This contest is meant to increase your skills by seeing how other
people did and compare their ideas with the one you did. See what you will
do different next time. This is the fastest way to learn art without being
instructed by an art professor. Well it could be the fastest way, I don't
know. It works for me really well.
-----
Upcoming Events
Finally the events! And here they are in order by date:
1. ...
2. ...
Okay so we don't have anything "special" planned just yet, but! I'm sure
something cool will happen and you'll want to know about it. So I would
come back to the site as often as possible! Well maybe just once a week is
okay. ^_^

Actually the only scheduled events we have is the contest deadline on
10/31/01 and our white board is scheduled for 9:00PM-10:00PM Pacific time
every day. Also look forward to a few new tutorials. Most if not all will
be simple Photoshop tricks to help people out.

What's new
OUR SITE, THAT'S WHAT!! Yes our site has only been running since 9/24/01
that's less than 2 weeks. And those first 2 weeks... FEWWWW! Let's just say
it was a rocky 2 weeks and we are getting our act together finally.

We have an online community white board where you and your friends can get
together, do some chatting and some drawing at the same time. I highly
recommend it. You can then save your drawings for other people to view or
you can quickly clear the board before anyone sees that embarrassing
picture you only halfway finished. Don't worry every artists has done bad
pictures. We are having daily scheduled meetings at 9:00 PM so that you
have at least one other person to chat and draw with.

Something extra!
After all that stuff you want to have something Extra!!!? I'll give you
something extra right in the Jaw.. I mean I'll give you something like a
job! Speaking of jobs, we have small jobs that you can apply for. We can't
pay you, nor will we ever. It's just for fun, just like the rest of this
site. You can find these under the "Profiles" section of our site.

Something Special! animeworks.net
Gloves & Holly Art Agency has a new partner!!! AnimeWorks.net!
www.animeworks.net They are adding DVDs to the Prize Vault. AnimeWorks.net
sells everything anime and they sell it for less than most other places.
You might start seeing a lot of AnimeWorks.net links around the site soon.
This is because we truly believe that this is a great company to buy DVDs,
Manga, Wall Scrolls and lots more from. All we ask is that if you are
looking for something anime, stop by AnimeWorks.net first. It will probably
be your only stop. ^_^ Be thankful we aren't charging for art entries.
Well, we would never do that but how else are we going to give away prizes?