Ryoga : The Shampoo Variation part 5 [FanFic]

MLA...@willow.msvu.ca

May 9, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/9/95

Ryoga : The Shampoo Variation by Mark Latus
A Ranma 1/2 fanfic in 6 parts

Part 5

Akane watched as Ranma and Ryoga advanced towards each other. She felt
torn between storming off to ignore Ryoga and trying to cave his head in with
her mallet. Shampoo was hanging back, observing the fighters closely.
Ranma poised waiting for Ryoga to attack, "This really isn't necessary
you know".
Ryoga smiled faintly, "You gave me a curse that ruined my life and
humiliate me every chance you get. I think it's very necessary".
"Why anyone would care what a tomboy like Akane thinks about them ..."
"No more words!", Ryoga launched himself at Ranma and the duel began.
Ranma found himself in a harder fight than he had expected. He had the
edge in skill and speed but Ryoga was far stronger and didn't seem to be feeling
pain. "He doesn't care how injured he gets as long as he hurts me", Ranma
thought. "If we both wind up dead he'll think that's a victory. I've got to
end this quickly".
Ryoga leaped back then launched himself at Ranma. A midair collision
would drop him in the ornamental pond. Perfect.
They impacted and Ranma grappled Ryoga making sure they'd both hit the
water. Ryoga made no attempt to break free preferring to pound on Ranma at
close quarters.
A splash and Ranma was looking down at a strangely calm piglet.
"So much for the fight, Ryoga even for you that was stupidahhh!!!".
Ranma's taunt became a howl of pain as Shampoo's mace slammed into her left
shoulder.
Ranma jumped out of the pond fast before Shampoo could strike again. She
snarled, "What about your amazon honor?...". She broke off as she realized
Shampoo was following her honor. She had sworn not to fight Ranma's male self
but she was also sworn to kill his female self.
"Ryoga actually used strategy. He wanted us both to go into the pond.
I blew his secret so he told Shampoo mine. She's been waiting for me to
transform since the fight began". This passed through Ranma's mind in the
instants before Shampoo attacked. Blocking her was difficult. His (that is
her) left arm wasn't working right. Something moved in behind him. Just
P-chan, watching but not interfering.
Shampoo suddenly danced back and tossed a flask at Ranma's feet. It
burst and sprayed something, maybe acid, around the garden. Ranma avoided most
of it but caught some of the spray. No apparent damage, unless it was some
sort of poison that needed time to work. Shampoo switched to a defensive
stance and waited. Ranma was torn between attacking and waiting for Shampoo to
come to him.
Then Ryoga tried to punch a hole through his kidneys. Ranma doubled over,
through the pain he realized the flask had just been hot water. It had
sprayed and transformed both him and P-chan.
Ranma tried to distract to opponent, "Hey Ryoga, the girls are watching.
Better put on some pants quick".
Ryoga showed no sign of concern over his nudity. He concentrated solely
on battering Ranma. The pain and injuries were slowing Ranma down. He tried
a headkick but it didn't connect. Ryoga grabbed his ankle and squeezed. Bones
ground together and Ranma screamed. Ryoga used his grip to fling Ranma back
into the pond. Then, as Shampoo resumed her assault on Ranma-chan, he leapt
over to where he'd dropped his backpack. Pulling out a dry outfit he got
dressed while watching the fight.
Meanwhile on the porch Soun turned to Genma, "Saotome your son appears to
be having trouble. Shouldn't we intervene?"
"Nonsense, I trained my son to handle anything. He will defeat these two
momentarily, just as I would."
"Oh, well in that case how about a game of Go?"
"Fine, lets set up the board".
They departed. Since Kasumi, with her customary obliviousness, had left
to tidy up the kitchen only Nabiki and Akane remained.
Nabiki commented to her sister, "Lucky I didn't have time to set up bets
on this fight. Our champion isn't doing very well".
"That", Akane thought, "is an understatement. She's got all her weight on
the one good ankle, her left arm is useless and she's taken a real beating.
maybe we've got too used to Ranma always winning. This is looking very serious
indeed".
Ranma failed to dodge as Shampoo hit her with another thermos flask. She
spun, ignoring the pain in her ankle, to confront Ryoga. Who just stood there
watching her. Shampoo slammed into her from behind. She was still female, the
water was cold, it was hard to tell temperature through the pain. Slower than
she could ever remember Ranma tried to block Shampoo's attack as best she could
. Which wasn't very well.
Shampoo hit her with a third flask, this one was hot water. Instantly
Ryoga was pounding on him. Ranma tried to defend himself but his body didn't
seem to be working properly. Everything felt distant, almost as if he was
watching someone else lose a fight. He saw a fist coming straight at him and
then the world went red. Just before everything faded to black.
Ranma slammed across the garden and into the surrounding wall. He slumped
to the ground revealing a sizeable impact crater. Ranma lay very still.
Ryoga approached cautiously fearing a trick. There was no trick, Ranma
was unconscious.
Ryoga smiled, "It's almost over".
Shampoo walked over to join him. Inside his mind a small voice whispered,
"There are laws against killing in cold blood. They call it murder and it
doesn't endear you to people". He ignored it except to note that he now had
another good reason to leave Japan for China.
There was just one thing more to say, "Time to die like a warrior, Ranma!"
He swept his hand back for the killing blow.

End of part 5.