New anime fanfiction archive looking for moderators

Staren

Jul 24, 2003, 12:32:30 PM7/24/03
Hello everyone. I am the webmaster of anime-fiction.net. With the overload
occurring at FF.net, I thought it was time for a new archive, though this
one is anime only. The core of the site is ready, however I could use a few
more people to help in getting categories, and character lists set-up. The
URL is http://www.anime-fiction.net/index.php Feel free to look around and
offer any comments or offers to help at webm...@anime-fiction.net

Glendon

MegaZone

Jul 24, 2003, 4:45:22 PM7/24/03
"Staren" <terristhu...@prodigy.net> shaped the electrons to say:

>Hello everyone. I am the webmaster of anime-fiction.net. With the overload
>occurring at FF.net, I thought it was time for a new archive, though this
>one is anime only. The core of the site is ready, however I could use a few

How is this that different from http://www.fanfic.net/ - which mirrors
the RAAC archives? The RAAC archives have been around since 1990 -
originally as FTP (and still available via FTP), and now with the HTTP
front-end as well.

And is rec.arts.anime.stories *still* lingering around out there? We
killed that group YEARS ago - it was renamed to
rec.arts.anime.creative.

I was kind of involved in that - being the archive founder and the
original moderator of RAAS/RAAC.

-MZ, CISSP #3762, RHCE #806199299900541
--
<URL:mailto:mega...@megazone.org> Gweep, Discordian, Author, Engineer, me..
<URL:http://www.megazone.org/> <URL:http://www.eyrie-productions.com/> Eris

Staren

Jul 24, 2003, 9:48:28 PM7/24/03
Well the main difference is that it is completely searchable. Not simply by
summery and series, but also by character. It will also be fully set-up to
categorize crossovers properly and effectively. Anime-fiction.net is Mary
Sue friendly to those that enjoy writing those types of stories, though they
will be flagged with a special warning so that they can be filtered out for
those that do not favor those types of stories. You soon will also be able
to find a plagiarizers blacklist as the site. Those that have had their
story stolen or archived without permission will be able to submit a report
that will be investigated by anime-fiction.nets moderators and if the report
is valid the violators screenname / website / e-mail address will be added
to a running list that can be accessed by anyone. RoundRobins and neveending
stories are the only types that are fully banned. I am not saying that there
are not other developed groups out there, I'm just offering something new.

Glendon
"MegaZone" <use...@megazone.org> wrote in message

Psaiyan Prince Vegeta

Jul 24, 2003, 10:04:25 PM7/24/03

Is 'adult' fanfiction allowed, for example this:

http://www.mediaminer.org/fanfic/view_st.php?id=32149

or something more extreme, such as this:

http://www.mediaminer.org/fanfic/view_st.php?id=39519

???
--
Reverend David "PPV" Hawthorne -
ICQ: 260681668

I wish that I could turn back time,
'cos now the guilt is all mine.
Can't live without
the trust from those you love.
I know we can't forget the past
you can't forget love & pride,
because of that, it's killing me inside.

'\
_\______
/ HENTAI \========@
____|__________\_____
/ ___________________ \
\/ _===============_ \/
"-===============-"

Staren

Jul 24, 2003, 10:50:22 PM7/24/03
'Lime' fics will be permitted. They can not be pure hentai or all about
sexual scenes. Full Limon paragraphs can be submitted, but they must be part
of a larger story. It can not be completely about sex.

"Psaiyan Prince Vegeta" <ppve...@hotmail.communism> wrote in message

O-chan

Jul 27, 2003, 3:31:55 PM7/27/03
use...@megazone.org (MegaZone) wrote in message news:<megazone....@sidehack.sat.gweep.net>...

> "Staren" <terristhu...@prodigy.net> shaped the electrons to say:
> >Hello everyone. I am the webmaster of anime-fiction.net. With the overload
> >occurring at FF.net, I thought it was time for a new archive, though this
> >one is anime only. The core of the site is ready, however I could use a few
>
> How is this that different from http://www.fanfic.net/ - which mirrors
> the RAAC archives? The RAAC archives have been around since 1990 -
> originally as FTP (and still available via FTP), and now with the HTTP
> front-end as well.

I can't comment on the difference between this and the archive for
raac, but I will say that I am test driving the site now and one
very nice thing for authors is that you can edit (copy/paste/insert
some tags) onscreen -- which is a very big help for last minute
editing. THere is nothing more frustrating than having to upload
files over and over again just to fix a typo.

oh yeah, and the site managers are very prompt and accessible. It's
almost impossible to get any response out of ff.net (and
understandably so), so I'm not motivated to report all the bugs I
noted on ff.net since some previous crashes with the search functions.
[ I noted that if I searched by character that choosing something
like a/B vs. B/A, I received different results.]

Anyways.. back to the murky depths of the internet.

Chika

Jul 27, 2003, 4:29:11 PM7/27/03
In article <bae9e1bd.03072...@posting.google.com>,

O-chan <onigi...@mindspring.com> wrote:
> I can't comment on the difference between this and the archive for
> raac, but I will say that I am test driving the site now and one
> very nice thing for authors is that you can edit (copy/paste/insert
> some tags) onscreen -- which is a very big help for last minute
> editing. THere is nothing more frustrating than having to upload
> files over and over again just to fix a typo.

That sounds rather dodgy. What are you using to protect against malicious
editing?

--
//\ // Chika <miyuki at crashnet.org.uk>
// \// MMW Crashnet <crashnet.org.uk>

... If I save time, when do I get it back ?

Staren

Jul 29, 2003, 6:33:53 PM7/29/03
about the limit. And in the next month that will be replaced with UBB code.
It will use the same formatting codes that you use in the major message
boards if you didn't know what that is. You don't have to worry. An entire
code wouldn't work.

"Chika" <miy...@spam.no.way> wrote in message