Ryoga : The Shampoo Variation Part 3

mla...@willow.msvu.ca

Apr 14, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/14/95

Ryoga : The Shampoo Variation
A fanfic in 4 (possibly 5) parts
All characters copyright belongs to Rumiko Takahashi

Part 3
Sitting on the Tendo's roof Ryoga put down the tribal law book. There
was no way out unless Shampoo decided not to marry him. She'd be in trouble
then but he'd be off the hook.
Something landed behind him. Ranma
"What do you want?"
"Hey I'm the only one of us who has a right to be here. Unless you want
to be P-chan."
"Don't push me, I'm in a really bad mood."
"OK I'll give you a break this time. No way out huh?"
Ryoga sighed, "Right. This is really lousy. You may not like Akane but I
do. Akane has no idea how I feel about her, but if I tell her then Shampoo
will try to kill her."
"Well I've got the perfect solution."
"Really?"
"Yup, marry Shampoo, then move to China. She'll be out of my hair and no
threat to Akane."
Ryoga glared at Ranma. He should have known better to than ask his
greatest rival. "I barely know her. I admit she's cute but she's also
homicidal. Why don't you marry her."
"Cause she doesn't want me Ryoga, you're her one and only. Besides she'd
kill me first time I got wet. I suggest you don't complain. How many girls
would want to marry a guy with a curse like yours?"
That was the solution. Shampoo didn't know about the curse yet.
"Ranma you're a genius, all I have to do is get hot and cold water and
demonstrate the curse. Somewhere Akane can't see me. It's perfect, what could
go wrong."
A little while later he had a kettle of hot and a bucket of cold water.
He was in a corner out of sight of the main house. All he needed now was
Shampoo. But if he left to look for her how would he find this place again?
Something hit the ground behind him and rushed towards him. He spun round.
"Nihao."
"Shampoo, I was looking for you."
"Ryoga want to marry Shampoo, I so happy."
"Uh yeah. But first you have to know my terrible secret". Better lay
this on thick, "Have you heard about the dreaded cursed springs of Jusenkyo?"
"Yes, Shampoo know many legends of cursed springs."
"Well they aren't just legends, the curse is real. Because of the fool
who knocked me in one of them I bear a terrible curse ..."
"It was an accident you jerk, hey!", Ranma ducked as a bandana sliced
through the space his head had been.
"Get lost, you're ruining the mood!"
Ranma withdrew quickly.
"Now where was I?"
"Ryoga bear terrible curse."
"Right, well because of it I am only half human. You'll find this
shocking, I won't blame you if you want to call off the marriage."
Ryoga splashed himself with the bucket. The change hit and his body
diminished. He looked up at Shampoo and squealed.
She blinked several times, picked up the kettle and poured hot water on
P-chan. Ryoga reverted to human and scrambled into his clothes, trying
unsuccessfully not to blush.
"Curse is easily dealt with yes? Also pig form is cute."
"You ... you aren't repelled?"
"Shampoo can deal with it. Will give up pork products and make rest of
village do same. So husband not accidently consumed."
"Umm, yeah ... well I ... uh", she'd turned on the cute again, "... umm
you're beautiful and ... but ... I ... uhh...". What had he been going to say
Ryoga thought, or tried to think. It was hard to concentrate on anything
besides Shampoo.
Shampoo tossed the bucket away, "We avoid cold water, no problem."
There was a squawk and a wet eavsdropping Ranma looked round the corner.
"Watch where you're throwing things lady!"
Shampoo stared for a moment, then, "FEMALE RANMA, KILL!"
"Oh no, I forgot!", Ranma dashed off followed closely by Shampoo.
Ryoga sat down and tried to think.
"So are you going to marry her? What, who's there? Your common sense,
sorry I haven't been around much, guess I got lost. Why should I marry
Shampoo? Easy, she can deal with our curse, she's beautiful, she wants us; how
are we going to do any better. She's homicidal!, she came to Japan just to
kill Ranma. Oh? So why did you come to town? That's different, it was a
matter of honor. What do you think it is to Shampoo moron? In fact she has a
law requiring this. You didn't, you just wanted revenge. Yeah but ... but I
don't love her, I love Akane. Who has no idea how you feel about her, even if
you tell her how do you think she'll react to finding out the truth about
P-chan? If you'd told her right away maybe it would have worked. But after
all this time sleeping in her bed ... Shut up! I don't have to listen to this.
Yes you do, you're talking to yourself remember. Well it's time to make some
changes. Time to confront Akane. Tell her the truth about me and how I feel."
Ryoga picked up the kettle and headed indoors. Akane met him inside.
"Ryoga I heard Shampoo screaming again."
"Ranma changed so she went hunting him. Or her, whichever."
"That jerk, he should be more careful around cold water."
Ryoga nodded, "Kasumi, Ranma's going to need some hot water. Could you
refill this kettle."
"Of course Ryoga", Kasumi headed for the kitchen.
Ryoga looked around, Nabiki was present but didn't seem to be paying any
attention.
"Akane, about this whole Shampoo thing ..."
"I don't think she'll take no for an answer, what are you going to do? And
do you already have a girlfriend?"
The moment of truth, "Akane ..."
Meanwhile Kasumi had just refilled the kettle when Ranma-chan dived in the
window. Hot water, salvation. She grabbed the kettle, dodging a thrown knife,
and headed out of the kitchen as Shampoo entered.
She didn't hear Kasumi shout, "Ranma wait, that's still cold."
Dashing into the living room Ranma heard Shampoo come through the wall.
She dodged the mace Shampoo swung but lost her grip on the kettle. It flew
across the room and drenched Ryoga. He tried to scream but it came out as a
squeal. There was no chance of explaining this away.
Ranma took advantage of the distraction to duck into the bathroom. A
stroke of luck, the waterheater was on. A quick spray form the shower and
everything was fine.
Until he remembered Ryoga had just changed in front of all three Tendo
sisters. He filled a bucket with hot water and headed back. No telling what
was happening now that Akane knew where P-chan went when he disappeared.

end part 3