[Tenchi Muyo] Who sings Tsuki no Tragedy?

Zathras

Oct 14, 2008, 11:46:39 PM10/14/08
This has bugged me to a small extent for a while now, but in listening
to my collection again recently, it really struck me. Tsuki no Tragedy
(the ending theme for the second Tenchi Muyo OVA series) is listed, in
the liner notes for the US release of the Tenchi Muyo OVA Best 2 CD, as
being sung by Chisa Yokoyama (aka the voice of Sasami). (This is, of
course, the original Japanese version I'm talking about.)

Now, I'm no expert, but I am somewhat of a Chisa fan, and the more I
listen to that track, the more I am convinced that it's not Chisa
singing it. In fact, it doesn't really sound like Chisa at all. The
voice is somewhat low-pitched and mature, and Chisa has a rather
high-pitched and childlike singing voice. It actually sounds more like
Ai Orikasa (voice of Ryoko). But in comparing it to another track that
is sung by Ai, I don't think it's her, either. Ai's voice has an edge to
it that this track doesn't have.

So my question is, does anybody know who actually sings this song? Now
that I've started to really think about it, it's driving me nuts. Any
help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Z.

--
Get really stoned...drink wet concrete.

Cassandra J. Nichols

Jan 19, 2009, 1:25:03 PM1/19/09
Zathras wrote:

Some web sites listing the Tsuki no Tragedy single say it is indeed Ai
Orikasa. Perhaps her singing and speaking voices are that different.

--
- Cassandra J. Nichols