Just what is so special about Rei Ayanami?

Ryan Holmes

Jun 17, 2003, 9:28:04 PM6/17/03
I have seen loads of posts on UMAA recently talking about how sexy and
beautiful Rei Ayanami is. I just don't understand it at all.

Rei is bland, dull and maybe even boring. For most of the show she just
sits/stands there saying and doing nothing. It's like she's just part of the
scenery or something.

She is short, pale, skinny, has mousy features, looks like she never brushes
her hair (which it looks like she cuts herself) and flat-chested. We only
see her wearing that plain turquoise dress, which does nothing to make her
look attractive at all. She makes no attempt to look sexy. I also think that
her eyes look really creepy.

Yet for some reason, some of the people here think that Rei is some sort of
sex fiend, would be absolutely fantastic in bed or would be great at giving
blowjobs. I just don't get it. I don't even think that she would be
interested in sex.

Asuka and Misao, I can imagine as sex objects and maybe even that blonde
nurse (sorry I don't watch enough Evangelion to know her name), but Rei?
There are so many hot women to choose from in this show, so why go for the
dullest chick of the lot?

K. A. Pezzano

Jun 17, 2003, 9:13:43 PM6/17/03
On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 02:28:04 +0100, "Ryan Holmes"
<ry...@holmes367282.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

>Asuka and Misao, I can imagine as sex objects and maybe even that blonde
>nurse (sorry I don't watch enough Evangelion to know her name), but Rei?
>There are so many hot women to choose from in this show, so why go for the
>dullest chick of the lot?

It's the aura of mystery.

--
"Japan: Please reconsider cartoon gun-toting big-eyed
prepubescent blondes as your national heroes."

Shez

Jun 17, 2003, 10:07:00 PM6/17/03
Once upon a time in the faraway land of uk.media.animation.anime, Ryan

Holmes <ry...@holmes367282.fsnet.co.uk> said:
>I have seen loads of posts on UMAA recently talking about how sexy and
>beautiful Rei Ayanami is. I just don't understand it at all.

Well some of those people are fairly notorious by now and would probably
have sex with anything vaguely humanoid that wore a skirt.

>Rei is bland, dull and maybe even boring. For most of the show she just
>sits/stands there saying and doing nothing.

She thinks quite a bit though. Anime has always made good use of
silence, you need to look for meaning in that too. E.g. when you
consider some of the stuff Asuka comes out with when Rei's around,
silence is the perfect response, the ultimate put-down. That's one
reason Asuka hates Rei so much, because simply by saying nothing, Rei
wins nearly every confrontation.

>She is short, pale, skinny, has mousy features, looks like she never brushes
>her hair (which it looks like she cuts herself) and flat-chested.

Flat chested compared to some over-inflated anime girls maybe, but
pretty well proportioned for a real girl. Her hairstyle looks like
something out of Vogue.

>We only
>see her wearing that plain turquoise dress, which does nothing to make her
>look attractive at all.

I suppose you looked really cool in your school uniform then?

> She makes no attempt to look sexy.

Why should she? There's more to life than going out of your way to
attract boys.

>Yet for some reason, some of the people here think that Rei is some sort of
>sex fiend, would be absolutely fantastic in bed or would be great at giving
>blowjobs. I just don't get it.

It's the "some of the people" that you should really be thinking about
in your search for an answer, not Rei.

>There are so many hot women to choose from in this show, so why go for the
>dullest chick of the lot?

Because she's enigmatic, and people love a mystery. You might just as
well ask why many people prefer the Mona Lisa to a Britney Spears
poster.

-Shez.

For every complex problem, there is a solution
that is simple, neat, and wrong. -- H. L. Mencken
Anime at the Last Stop Cafe: http://www.xerez.demon.co.uk/anime/
Use http://www.xerez.demon.co.uk/mailform.html for personal replies

Amani

Jun 17, 2003, 10:24:27 PM6/17/03
"Ryan Holmes" <ry...@holmes367282.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message

> I have seen loads of posts on UMAA recently talking about how sexy and
> beautiful Rei Ayanami is. I just don't understand it at all.

Because the people who are annoying enough to fill JAE with descriptions of
how they'd like to have sex with her are insecure, overcompensating males
who couldn't take a woman with an actual willpower and are, rather,
comforted by a female who would do anything they said without a thought.

--Taryn

Frank White

Jun 17, 2003, 10:58:09 PM6/17/03
In article <kq4+29REl87+Ew$b...@xerez.nospam.co.uk>,
see...@nospam.demon.co.uk.invalid says...

>Once upon a time in the faraway land of uk.media.animation.anime, Ryan
>Holmes <ry...@holmes367282.fsnet.co.uk> said:
>>I have seen loads of posts on UMAA recently talking about how sexy and
>>beautiful Rei Ayanami is. I just don't understand it at all.
>
>Well some of those people are fairly notorious by now and would probably
>have sex with anything vaguely humanoid that wore a skirt.

(Thinks of some of the male demons from OVERFIEND in a skirt,
and what that might lead to in these circumstances.

Gets very queasy.)

>>Rei is bland, dull and maybe even boring. For most of the show she just
>>sits/stands there saying and doing nothing.
>
>She thinks quite a bit though. Anime has always made good use of
>silence, you need to look for meaning in that too. E.g. when you
>consider some of the stuff Asuka comes out with when Rei's around,
>silence is the perfect response, the ultimate put-down. That's one
>reason Asuka hates Rei so much, because simply by saying nothing, Rei
>wins nearly every confrontation.

Which of course explains the elevator slap...

>>She is short, pale, skinny, has mousy features, looks like she never
brushes
>>her hair (which it looks like she cuts herself) and flat-chested.
>
>Flat chested compared to some over-inflated anime girls maybe, but
>pretty well proportioned for a real girl. Her hairstyle looks like
>something out of Vogue.

Physically, there's nothing wrong with Rei.

>>We only
>>see her wearing that plain turquoise dress, which does nothing to make
her
>>look attractive at all.
>
>I suppose you looked really cool in your school uniform then?

Asuka looks good in her's.

Just an observation.

>> She makes no attempt to look sexy.
>
>Why should she? There's more to life than going out of your way to
>attract boys.

Yes, like trying to understand why your soul and body don't
seem to fit together...

>>Yet for some reason, some of the people here think that Rei is some
sort of
>>sex fiend, would be absolutely fantastic in bed or would be great at
giving
>>blowjobs. I just don't get it.
>
>It's the "some of the people" that you should really be thinking about
>in your search for an answer, not Rei.

Or psychiatric examination to determine why this matters to you...

>>There are so many hot women to choose from in this show, so why go for
the
>>dullest chick of the lot?
>
>Because she's enigmatic, and people love a mystery. You might just as
>well ask why many people prefer the Mona Lisa to a Britney Spears
>poster.

Naw. Too easy.

^_^

FW

Ralph Wade Phillips

Jun 17, 2003, 11:03:29 PM6/17/03
Howdy!

"Shez" <see...@nospam.demon.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message

> Once upon a time in the faraway land of uk.media.animation.anime, Ryan
> Holmes <ry...@holmes367282.fsnet.co.uk> said:
> >I have seen loads of posts on UMAA recently talking about how sexy and
> >beautiful Rei Ayanami is. I just don't understand it at all.
>
> Well some of those people are fairly notorious by now and would probably
> have sex with anything vaguely humanoid that wore a skirt.

Heh. I know one guy that would thrill, as he dances around in his
"Sailor Moon" cosplay outfit (and, no, I don't think he has the legs for it
... )

RwP

Fish Eye no Miko

Jun 18, 2003, 1:52:10 AM6/18/03
"Ryan Holmes" <ry...@holmes367282.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message

> She is short, pale, skinny, has mousy features, looks like she never

> brushes her hair (which it looks like she cuts herself) and flat-chested.

She's not flat-chested. At all.

> We only see her wearing that plain turquoise dress, which does nothing
> to make her look attractive at all. She makes no attempt to look sexy.

So? I don't see any law anywhere saying people have to do what. Maybe
she's got more important things on her mind than how people see her? Many
women do, you know.

> I also think that her eyes look really creepy.

Red eyes are a common anime thing.

> Asuka and Misao,

"Misato".

> I can imagine as sex objects and maybe even that blonde
> nurse (sorry I don't watch enough Evangelion to know
> her name),

Ritsuko. And I don't think she's a nurse.

Catherine Johnson.
--
fenm at cox dot net
"Warning: This film depicts bare-footed hobbits in 'natural' settings."

Tiggs Panther

Jun 18, 2003, 3:25:01 AM6/18/03
"Ryan Holmes" <ry...@holmes367282.fsnet.co.uk> was incriminated by
their posting [Wed, 18 Jun 2003 02:28:04 +0100] to
uk.media.animation.anime:

>I have seen loads of posts on UMAA recently talking about how sexy and
>beautiful Rei Ayanami is. I just don't understand it at all.

It's not UMAA. Or not JUST UMAA. Most of us here don't really like
most of the threads (I regularly thread-kill), but there's no real way
to un-cross the posts.

So once again I submit my futile request to please keep the
jailbait/Asuka/Rei questions off of UMAA.

Tiggs
--
Tiggs Panther =^.^=
"I think I might have been normal once."

Tiggs Panther

Jun 18, 2003, 3:27:09 AM6/18/03
"Amani" <am...@charter.net> was incriminated by their posting [Tue, 17
Jun 2003 22:24:27 -0400] to uk.media.animation.anime:

Hmmmmmmmm.

So far I ge the impression that the posts aren't wanted on UMAA or
JAE. I also wouldn't be surprised if they weren't wanted on RAAM
either. So rather than finding a place where their topics are actually
wanted, they're crossposting to three newsgroups that would really
rather they didn't.

Chibi-Light

Jun 18, 2003, 4:45:15 AM6/18/03
On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 08:25:01 +0100, Tiggs Panther <ti...@m-void.co.uk>
wrote:

>"Ryan Holmes" <ry...@holmes367282.fsnet.co.uk> was incriminated by
>their posting [Wed, 18 Jun 2003 02:28:04 +0100] to
>uk.media.animation.anime:
>
>>I have seen loads of posts on UMAA recently talking about how sexy and
>>beautiful Rei Ayanami is. I just don't understand it at all.
>
>It's not UMAA. Or not JUST UMAA. Most of us here don't really like
>most of the threads (I regularly thread-kill), but there's no real way
>to un-cross the posts.
>
>So once again I submit my futile request to please keep the
>jailbait/Asuka/Rei questions off of UMAA.

I don't even know what UMAA is but I'll say the same for RAAM as well.

CL
---
Glenn Beck - Eating popcorn while the world suffers.
www.glennbeck.com

Tiggs Panther

Jun 18, 2003, 5:22:19 AM6/18/03
chibiw...@YUM-SPAM.yahoo.com (Chibi-Light) was incriminated by
their posting [Wed, 18 Jun 2003 08:45:15 GMT] to
uk.media.animation.anime:

>On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 08:25:01 +0100, Tiggs Panther <ti...@m-void.co.uk>
>wrote:

>>So once again I submit my futile request to please keep the

>>jailbait/Asuka/Rei questions off of UMAA.
>
>I don't even know what UMAA is but I'll say the same for RAAM as well.

uk.media.animation.anime

OK. So we have regular threads crossposted to three enwsgorups that
don't seem to want them. Now although the topics are nominally (and
arguably) on-topic, are they irritating enough to report to
ab...@whoeverthehell.foo next time a damned X-post appears?

Robert Sneddon

Jun 18, 2003, 5:48:29 AM6/18/03
In article <kq4+29REl87+Ew$b...@xerez.nospam.co.uk>, Shez <see.sig@nospam.d
emon.co.uk.invalid> writes

>Once upon a time in the faraway land of uk.media.animation.anime, Ryan
>Holmes <ry...@holmes367282.fsnet.co.uk> said:
>>I have seen loads of posts on UMAA recently talking about how sexy and
>>beautiful Rei Ayanami is. I just don't understand it at all.
>
>Well some of those people are fairly notorious by now and would probably
>have sex with anything vaguely humanoid that wore a skirt.

In "Ringworld", one of Larry Niven's most famous books, he came up with
a word, "rishathra" which describes these guys to a tee.

ROT13: "Univat frk bhgfvqr bar'f bja fcrpvrf"

--

Robert Sneddon nojay (at) nojay (dot) fsnet (dot) co (dot) uk

Ethan Hammond

Jun 18, 2003, 6:29:53 AM6/18/03
Nothing, there is only Nuku Nuku the purrfect fushion
of machine, human, and anime. *bows down*

--
All Purpose Cultural Randomness
http://www.angelfire.com/tx/apcr/index.html

Frank White

Jun 18, 2003, 8:56:28 AM6/18/03
In article <BaXHa.11573$3o3.8...@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>,
esha...@worldnet.att.net says...

>Nothing, there is only Nuku Nuku the purrfect fushion
>of machine, human, and anime. *bows down*

Um... Where does the human part come in with
Nuku Nuku? I mean, aside from her appearance.
Machine, yes. CAT, yes. Anime, yes. But I
just don't see any human bits, here...

FW

Blade

Jun 18, 2003, 9:10:13 AM6/18/03
Tiggs Panther <ti...@m-void.co.uk> wrote in

No, since (as you just grudgingly admitted) they are on-topic for RAAM,
and also for the other two as well, I suspect.

Don't get me wrong, I find the constant discussion of intimate details of
porking the Eva girls (or Videl, or #18, or whomever) just as distasteful
as anyone else. But this is a public forum, and as long as the
discussion is on-topic, there is no grounds for reporting it as "abuse"
or even trying to force it off the newsgroup. Free speech does not apply
only to speech you LIKE.

It would be nice, however, if the participants would keep their threads
properly labeled so those uninterested could more easily skip them.
Sometimes they have, but sometimes they haven't. Just a common courtesy
thing.

Blade

Psaiyan Prince Vegeta

Jun 18, 2003, 9:47:38 AM6/18/03
On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 02:28:04 +0100, "Ryan Holmes"
<ry...@holmes367282.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

>I have seen loads of posts on UMAA recently talking about how sexy and
>beautiful Rei Ayanami is. I just don't understand it at all.
>
>Rei is bland, dull and maybe even boring. For most of the show she just
>sits/stands there saying and doing nothing. It's like she's just part of the
>scenery or something.

She sits there and thinks, only speaking when she has something
interesting or insightful to say. Nothing wrong with that at all...

Her voice is so soft and throaty that her every word is a delight to
the ears and is well worth waiting for...

>She is short, pale,

I love her skin. It looks so smooth and flawless (though I'd have to
check her all over to make sure that this was the case...).

>skinny,

Try 'slim'. Slim, but with some nice curves in the right places...

>has mousy features, looks like she never brushes
>her hair (which it looks like she cuts herself)

These slights upon her hair cannot go unpunished. How can you say such
things? Her hair is absolutely gorgeous - it is the thing that most
attracts me to her, physically. It's so thick and luxuriant - it just
invites me to run my fingers through it, rub my face in it or lick it.
^_^

>and flat-chested.

I refer the honourable gentleman to the previous 'does Rei have bigger
breasts than Asuka' thread. She's not stacked, but if Asuka's breasts
have been officially stated as B-cups, then Rei is easily a C.

Just about handfuls with a little left over for comfort...

>We only
>see her wearing that plain turquoise dress, which does nothing to make her
>look attractive at all.

Dude, that's her school uniform. She doesn't choose to wear it. The
only times we see Rei outside of NERV is when she is either at school
or on her way to and from school, hence she is wearing it most of the
time. Touji is the only person rebel enough to wear his regular
clothing in class anyway...

Anyway, I think she looks sexy dressed like that - school uniform
looks really good on her. I love that little red necktie thing she
wears - I would like to see her wearing nothing but that. ^_^

>She makes no attempt to look sexy. I also think that
>her eyes look really creepy.

'Exotic'.

>Yet for some reason, some of the people here think that Rei is some sort of
>sex fiend, would be absolutely fantastic in bed or would be great at giving
>blowjobs. I just don't get it. I don't even think that she would be
>interested in sex.

Just my opinion of course, but I think that Rei would be absolutely
sex mad. She seems to have a thing for older men too, which is a very
good thing in my book...

>Asuka and Misao, I can imagine as sex objects and maybe even that blonde
>nurse (sorry I don't watch enough Evangelion to know her name), but Rei?
>There are so many hot women to choose from in this show, so why go for the
>dullest chick of the lot?

- Misato has way too many issues.
- Asuka annoys me.
- If Ritsuko was my nurse, I would run as fast as my broken,
splintered legs would carry me, even before she got out the
thermometer...
--
Reverend David "PPV" Hawthorne -
ICQ: 260681668

I wish that I could turn back time,
'cos now the guilt is all mine.
Can't live without
the trust from those you love.
I know we can't forget the past
you can't forget love & pride,
because of that, it's killing me inside.

'\
_\______
/ HENTAI \========@
____|__________\_____
/ ___________________ \
\/ _===============_ \/
"-===============-"

Michael Lo

Jun 18, 2003, 10:14:16 AM6/18/03
Tiggs Panther <ti...@m-void.co.uk> wrote in message news:<bnb0fvok9a0btv1f4...@4ax.com>...

Yup they're a big enough irritant especially if you don't have a killfile

Psaiyan Prince Vegeta

Jun 18, 2003, 10:21:20 AM6/18/03
On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 22:24:27 -0400, "Amani" <am...@charter.net> wrote:

>Because the people who are annoying enough to fill JAE with descriptions of
>how they'd like to have sex with her are insecure, overcompensating males
>who couldn't take a woman with an actual willpower and are, rather,
>comforted by a female who would do anything they said without a thought.

It sounds to me as though you have an axe to grind with those women
who choose to opt out of the gender war.

Those you describe as 'women with an actual willpower' are probably
the same women whom I would describe as those trying to make guys feel
guilty for being born male.

There are still plenty of women in the world who like the idea of
being dutiful to the man who looks after them, though I'd imagine that
they are afraid to admit it in case the feminazis accuse them of being
traitors to their gender...

To me, Rei is a safe fantasy - she embodies everything that I find
sexy/feminine in a woman, but taken to the extreme. She makes me want
to give her all my love, take care of her, protect her, spend all my
money on her and make sure that she has nice things - all in return
for her being there for me and keeping me warm at night...

I do not feel guilty for feeling this way, nor will I be made to.

Tiggs Panther

Jun 18, 2003, 11:05:46 AM6/18/03
Blade <kumo...@hotmail.com> was incriminated by their posting [Wed,
18 Jun 2003 13:10:13 GMT] to uk.media.animation.anime:

<re: are they abuse@ reportable...>

>No, since (as you just grudgingly admitted) they are on-topic for RAAM,
>and also for the other two as well, I suspect.

On-topic, yes. But they're releantles cross-posted. Cross-posting is
supposed to only be done when strictly necessary, not when you just
want to get the most coverage for your discussion.

<snip>

>It would be nice, however, if the participants would keep their threads
>properly labeled so those uninterested could more easily skip them.
>Sometimes they have, but sometimes they haven't. Just a common courtesy
>thing.

So, what label or tag should they use? Plus what's to say they'd
bother?

wing

Jun 18, 2003, 11:36:16 AM6/18/03

"Psaiyan Prince Vegeta" <ppve...@hotmail.communism> wrote in message

> On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 22:24:27 -0400, "Amani" <am...@charter.net> wrote:
>
> >Because the people who are annoying enough to fill JAE with descriptions
of
> >how they'd like to have sex with her are insecure, overcompensating males
> >who couldn't take a woman with an actual willpower and are, rather,
> >comforted by a female who would do anything they said without a thought.
>
> It sounds to me as though you have an axe to grind with those women
> who choose to opt out of the gender war.
>
> Those you describe as 'women with an actual willpower' are probably
> the same women whom I would describe as those trying to make guys feel
> guilty for being born male.
>
> There are still plenty of women in the world who like the idea of
> being dutiful to the man who looks after them, though I'd imagine that
> they are afraid to admit it in case the feminazis accuse them of being
> traitors to their gender...
>
> To me, Rei is a safe fantasy - she embodies everything that I find
> sexy/feminine in a woman, but taken to the extreme. She makes me want
> to give her all my love, take care of her, protect her, spend all my
> money on her and make sure that she has nice things - all in return
> for her being there for me and keeping me warm at night...
>
> I do not feel guilty for feeling this way, nor will I be made to.

you pervert...
youre totaly right... -.-
i feel the same way
*snivel*
*droll*
oh my god whats next?
eva hentai? -.-
noooo
help?
^^''

Tolaris

Jun 18, 2003, 1:48:33 PM6/18/03
On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 14:21:20 GMT, Psaiyan Prince Vegeta
wrote..

>To me, Rei is a safe fantasy - she embodies everything that I find
>sexy/feminine in a woman, but taken to the extreme. She makes me want
>to give her all my love, take care of her, protect her, spend all my
>money on her and make sure that she has nice things - all in return
>for her being there for me and keeping me warm at night...

--
If just being around and keeping you warm at night is all
you want, wouldn't you get identical gratification from a

Tolaris
...it seems comparably passionate and thoughtful, too...

Isaac Kuo

Jun 18, 2003, 2:40:38 PM6/18/03
"Ryan Holmes" <ry...@holmes367282.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message news:<bcof7c$d1c$1...@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk>...
> I have seen loads of posts on UMAA recently talking about how sexy and
> beautiful Rei Ayanami is. I just don't understand it at all.

I'm surprised you even need to ask.

Years ago, I remember Rei described as "a plastic blowup doll".
It's a sex toy with which you can do whatever you like and it
will never talk back and it will never resist in the slightest so
you never have to worry about being rejected or denied.

There are a lot of shy and lonely pale friendless virgins who find
this concept rather appealing.

What part of the above wasn't immediately obvious to you?

Isaac Kuo

P.S.: There are also a few bitter perverted non-virgins who
have actually gone through the torture of a relationship with
an actual real life female human and thus have an even
greater appreciation of the above concept.

P.P.S.: Actually, those bitter perverted non-virgins no doubt
outnumber the above pale friendless virgins.

P.P.P.S.: Well, maybe not in Japan. Based on the sheer number
of panty shots in anime, my wife has deduced that only three
Japanese men have actually had sex--and two of them are gay.

Psaiyan Prince Vegeta

Jun 18, 2003, 2:43:51 PM6/18/03
On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 19:48:33 +0200, tol...@my-deja.com (Tolaris)
wrote:

>>To me, Rei is a safe fantasy - she embodies everything that I find
>>sexy/feminine in a woman, but taken to the extreme. She makes me want
>>to give her all my love, take care of her, protect her, spend all my
>>money on her and make sure that she has nice things - all in return
>>for her being there for me and keeping me warm at night...
>--
>If just being around and keeping you warm at night is all
>you want, wouldn't you get identical gratification from a
>simple thermophore?..
>
>Tolaris
>...it seems comparably passionate and thoughtful, too...

But it would be very difficult to seXX0r the thing without causing
blistering...

Amani

Jun 18, 2003, 3:16:43 PM6/18/03
"Psaiyan Prince Vegeta" <ppve...@hotmail.communism> wrote in message
> On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 22:24:27 -0400, "Amani" <am...@charter.net> wrote:
>
> >Because the people who are annoying enough to fill JAE with descriptions
of
> >how they'd like to have sex with her are insecure, overcompensating males
> >who couldn't take a woman with an actual willpower and are, rather,
> >comforted by a female who would do anything they said without a thought.
>
> It sounds to me as though you have an axe to grind with those women
> who choose to opt out of the gender war.
>
> Those you describe as 'women with an actual willpower' are probably
> the same women whom I would describe as those trying to make guys feel
> guilty for being born male.

I talk more of women who are capable of thinking for themselves. Loving
devotion and mindless devotion are two completely different things. The
former is something I wholly embrace and encourage from both partners. The
latter is equal to a nonexistent relationship. I think guys are great
people--I grew up with three older brothers, love hanging out with guys, and
would never attempt to make a guy feel guilty for being born male, or
support anyone else who did.

> There are still plenty of women in the world who like the idea of
> being dutiful to the man who looks after them, though I'd imagine that
> they are afraid to admit it in case the feminazis accuse them of being
> traitors to their gender...

I'm anything but a feminazi, and am a strong opponent of such extremists.
But Rei, for almost the entirety of the series, is a mindless drone. She's
not devoted. She's incapable of being a different way.

--Taryn

Tolaris

Jun 18, 2003, 3:24:09 PM6/18/03
On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 18:43:51 GMT, Psaiyan Prince Vegeta
wrote..

--

I suppose, but sex wasn't listed on the original list of
things you expected from Rei, so...

Tolaris

Blade

Jun 18, 2003, 3:29:55 PM6/18/03

> Blade <kumo...@hotmail.com> was incriminated by their posting
> [Wed, 18 Jun 2003 13:10:13 GMT] to uk.media.animation.anime:
>
> <re: are they abuse@ reportable...>
>>No, since (as you just grudgingly admitted) they are on-topic for
>>RAAM, and also for the other two as well, I suspect.
>
> On-topic, yes. But they're releantles cross-posted. Cross-posting is
> supposed to only be done when strictly necessary, not when you just
> want to get the most coverage for your discussion.

That's not exactly a hard and fast rule, nor something that there is any
sort of provable abuse to when the postings are all on-topic. If they
were posting to 20 different groups or to alt.automobiles, yes. But as
it is, no.

> <snip>
>>It would be nice, however, if the participants would keep their
>>threads properly labeled so those uninterested could more easily
>>skip them. Sometimes they have, but sometimes they haven't. Just a
>>common courtesy thing.
>
> So, what label or tag should they use? Plus what's to say they'd
> bother?

An [H] tag would do nicely. The selfsame poster was asked to and
complied with using it on AFD. Perhaps, if asked, he would have the same
courtesy again. PPV?

Blade

Blade

Jun 18, 2003, 3:51:10 PM6/18/03
mec...@yahoo.com (Isaac Kuo) wrote in

> "Ryan Holmes" <ry...@holmes367282.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
>> I have seen loads of posts on UMAA recently talking about how sexy
>> and beautiful Rei Ayanami is. I just don't understand it at all.
>
> I'm surprised you even need to ask.
>
> Years ago, I remember Rei described as "a plastic blowup doll".
> It's a sex toy with which you can do whatever you like and it
> will never talk back and it will never resist in the slightest so
> you never have to worry about being rejected or denied.
>
> There are a lot of shy and lonely pale friendless virgins who find
> this concept rather appealing.
>
> What part of the above wasn't immediately obvious to you?

What I find really funny is how much antipathy Rei inspires in people who
think themselves "above" fantasizing about her (as if she's any worse or
better than any other animated fictional character, right?). It's almost
DBZish, sometimes.

For starters, let's note that for someone whom you could do anything you
wanted to without being rejected or denied, Rei's awfully uppity, what
with her slapping Shinji, yanking Gendo's glasses from him, telling him
to get off her (but I thought she wouldn't protest!?), and of course
mauling Asuka in several verbal spats (without actually using much
verbiage, granted). Not to mention that whole thing where she decisively
acts whenever necessary, especially when fighting Angels, up to and
including sacrificing her own life.

(And manga Rei is better. But that goes without saying.)

Then of course there's the evocative character design, the mysteriousness
of her origins and true thoughts and feelings on things, the want she
inspires in many people (including Shinji) to try and "bring her out" and
make her enjoy life...all of which, among other aspects, contributes to
her incredibly widespread and long-lasting popularity on both sides of
the Pacific, far and away above an absolute horde of characters who ARE a
lot closer to being blow-up dolls.

But hey, whatever makes you think you're very clever and l33t, right?

Blade
(Has a daughter. Whoops, so much for shy, lonely, friendless virgin. I
am a paleface, though! Not that I'd particularly want to jump Ayanami's
bones even if she were a three-dimensional person that had any to jump,
just sayin'.)

Ethan Hammond

Jun 18, 2003, 8:37:32 PM6/18/03
"Frank White" <fwhite*NOSPAM*@colfax.com> wrote in message

> >Nothing, there is only Nuku Nuku the purrfect fushion
> >of machine, human, and anime. *bows down*
>
> Um... Where does the human part come in with
> Nuku Nuku? I mean, aside from her appearance.
> Machine, yes. CAT, yes. Anime, yes. But I
> just don't see any human bits, here...

She looks human. *nods nods*

Ethan Hammond

Jun 18, 2003, 8:40:21 PM6/18/03
I always though Rei was more unthinking and emotionless.
The only time we get evidence that she does a lot of
thinking is during her soliloquy around episode 14. Which
I only remember the line, "A woman who never bleeds."

Ethan Hammond

Jun 18, 2003, 8:43:25 PM6/18/03
"Psaiyan Prince Vegeta" <ppve...@hotmail.communism> wrote in message

> There are still plenty of women in the world who like the idea of
> being dutiful to the man who looks after them, though I'd imagine that
> they are afraid to admit it in case the feminazis accuse them of being
> traitors to their gender...
>
> To me, Rei is a safe fantasy - she embodies everything that I find
> sexy/feminine in a woman, but taken to the extreme. She makes me want
> to give her all my love, take care of her, protect her, spend all my
> money on her and make sure that she has nice things - all in return
> for her being there for me and keeping me warm at night...
>
> I do not feel guilty for feeling this way, nor will I be made to.

My problem with this is, I don't understand it. Rei is not going
to do anything for you. And unless you just want to sit around
and say nothing, I don't think the relationship would work. I
think after the honeymoon you would get tired of her very
quickly. Relationships are a two way street, there is give
and take, GIVE AND TAKE!!!! *SHAKES FIST*

Ethan Hammond

Jun 18, 2003, 8:44:42 PM6/18/03
So Rei honey, what do you want to do tonight.
20 minutes later.
Hai.
See how much it would suck, SUCK!!!!

Ethan Hammond

Jun 18, 2003, 8:46:56 PM6/18/03
"Amani" <am...@charter.net> wrote in message

> I'm anything but a feminazi, and am a strong opponent of such extremists.
> But Rei, for almost the entirety of the series, is a mindless drone. She's
> not devoted. She's incapable of being a different way.

I am in concurrance. Rei is a tool, nothing more. As a matter of fact I
can't
think of a time when she makes a decision on her own. Now granted
I haven't seen the movie, because I think Eva is overrated.

Ethan Hammond

Jun 18, 2003, 8:49:22 PM6/18/03
"Blade" <kumo...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> (Has a daughter. Whoops, so much for shy, lonely, friendless virgin. I
> am a paleface, though! Not that I'd particularly want to jump Ayanami's
> bones even if she were a three-dimensional person that had any to jump,
> just sayin'.)

Ahhh the spawn of Blade!!!! *RUNS* ^_-

Chibi-Light

Jun 18, 2003, 9:28:34 PM6/18/03
On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 19:29:55 GMT, Blade <kumo...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>An [H] tag would do nicely. The selfsame poster was asked to and
>complied with using it on AFD. Perhaps, if asked, he would have the same
>courtesy again. PPV?

That's actually not a bad idea. If we can have OT and GRIT/P/whatever
that Ranma thing was, H would work be a good addition as well.

Chibi-Light

Jun 18, 2003, 9:32:14 PM6/18/03
On 18 Jun 2003 11:40:38 -0700, mec...@yahoo.com (Isaac Kuo) wrote:

>P.P.P.S.: Well, maybe not in Japan. Based on the sheer number
>of panty shots in anime, my wife has deduced that only three
>Japanese men have actually had sex--and two of them are gay.

I think that's the best quote of the year thus far on RAAM.

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Jun 18, 2003, 10:19:54 PM6/18/03
>From: "Ethan Hammond" esha...@worldnet.att.net
>Date: 6/18/2003 5:44 PM Pacific Standard Time

>So Rei honey, what do you want to do tonight.
>20 minutes later.
>Hai.
>See how much it would suck, SUCK!!!!
>*SHAKES FIST*

Isn't that why you'd want Rei?
(suck, SUCK!!!)

- Vaughner

"That guy exploits his pets more than Bob Guccione!"
- Marge Simpson

Psaiyan Prince Vegeta

Jun 18, 2003, 10:46:12 PM6/18/03
On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 19:29:55 GMT, Blade <kumo...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>An [H] tag would do nicely. The selfsame poster was asked to and
>complied with using it on AFD. Perhaps, if asked, he would have the same
>courtesy again. PPV?

I don't have a problem with using an [H] tag if that is what is asked
of me by the group. Still, it seems a little redundant when these
topics are generally originated from others (our old friend
go...@goat.goat especially) whom I doubt will be interested in
following any such decorum...

tito

Jun 19, 2003, 12:42:53 AM6/19/03
On 18 Jun 2003 11:40:38 -0700, mec...@yahoo.com (Isaac Kuo) wrote:

>"Ryan Holmes" <ry...@holmes367282.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message news:<bcof7c$d1c$1...@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk>...
>> I have seen loads of posts on UMAA recently talking about how sexy and
>> beautiful Rei Ayanami is. I just don't understand it at all.
>
>I'm surprised you even need to ask.
>
>Years ago, I remember Rei described as "a plastic blowup doll".
>It's a sex toy with which you can do whatever you like and it
>will never talk back and it will never resist in the slightest so
>you never have to worry about being rejected or denied.
>
>There are a lot of shy and lonely pale friendless virgins who find
>this concept rather appealing.

I don't think this describes Rei; I think it describes what some
people may find appealing in how she's depicted in some 'fan
fetishizations' though.

Much in the same way some fans don't care anything about an android's
personality, inasmuch as they can fetishize it as being a personal
servant whether or not that's accurate to a character.

Fish Eye no Miko

Jun 19, 2003, 12:50:01 AM6/19/03
"tito" <o...@flockofbloops.com> wrote in message

> Much in the same way some fans don't care anything about
> an android's personality,

Which android? Some of them have more personality than some of the human
characters in the same shows <coughDatacough>.

> inasmuch as they can fetishize it as being a personal
> servant whether or not that's accurate to a character.

People do this with flesh and blood characters, too.

Catherine Johnson.
--
fenm at cox dot net
"My whole life's been built on lies. I just... I guess I thought this one

Blade

Jun 19, 2003, 2:55:22 AM6/19/03
"Ethan Hammond" <esha...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in

> "Amani" <am...@charter.net> wrote in message
>>
>> I'm anything but a feminazi, and am a strong opponent of such
>> extremists. But Rei, for almost the entirety of the series, is a
>> mindless drone. She's not devoted. She's incapable of being a
>> different way.
>
> I am in concurrance. Rei is a tool, nothing more. As a matter of
> fact I can't
> think of a time when she makes a decision on her own. Now granted
> I haven't seen the movie, because I think Eva is overrated.

Slaps Shinji. Sure, there's more, but that pretty much defeats both of
your assertions right there, no?

Blade

Ethan Hammond

Jun 19, 2003, 2:59:54 AM6/19/03
"Antonio E. Gonzalez" <ante...@aol.complex> wrote in message

> >So Rei honey, what do you want to do tonight.
> >20 minutes later.
> >Hai.
> >See how much it would suck, SUCK!!!!
> >*SHAKES FIST*
> >

> Isn't that why you'd want Rei?
> (suck, SUCK!!!)

I doubt Rei would do oral and you certainly won't be able to get
a reaction out of her when you are on top. Sorry fanboys!!!!

Ethan Hammond

Jun 19, 2003, 3:47:42 AM6/19/03
"Blade" <kumo...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > I am in concurrance. Rei is a tool, nothing more. As a matter of
> > fact I can't
> > think of a time when she makes a decision on her own. Now granted
> > I haven't seen the movie, because I think Eva is overrated.
>
> Slaps Shinji. Sure, there's more, but that pretty much defeats both of
> your assertions right there, no?

Oh come on, who dosen't slap Shinji. Damn annoying little punk.

Tiggs Panther

Jun 19, 2003, 4:33:37 AM6/19/03
Psaiyan Prince Vegeta <ppve...@hotmail.communism> was incriminated by
their posting [Thu, 19 Jun 2003 02:46:12 GMT] to
uk.media.animation.anime:

>On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 19:29:55 GMT, Blade <kumo...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>An [H] tag would do nicely. The selfsame poster was asked to and
>>complied with using it on AFD. Perhaps, if asked, he would have the same
>>courtesy again. PPV?
>
>I don't have a problem with using an [H] tag if that is what is asked
>of me by the group. Still, it seems a little redundant when these
>topics are generally originated from others (our old friend
>go...@goat.goat especially) whom I doubt will be interested in
>following any such decorum...

It's thread-drift that's the problem. I regularly mark such threads as
kill/ignore, and then the next time someone changes the topic it comes
back with a vengeance.

At least tagging H-threads as [H] will mean that anyone with killfiles
can at least be sure that great deal of these can be auto-killed.
After all, if someone follows-up adding an [H] tag, it's almost
certian that any replies to that particular post will still carry it.

Similarly, I guess, it's a useful tag to add if you want to add an
H-slant to an existing thread. At least there'll be some kind of
warning that things have taken a slight... turn.

wing

Jun 19, 2003, 5:01:22 AM6/19/03

"Ethan Hammond" <esha...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

but...but...
i would teach her ^^'''
i mean she wouldn't be like that
..probably ^^''''

wing

Jun 19, 2003, 5:04:10 AM6/19/03

"Ethan Hammond" <esha...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

why do you shake youre fist all the time lol ^^''
sorry but to me it is totaly ridiculus rotfl ^^''
my apologies
i didn't mean nothing wrong
please continue ^-^

Ethan Hammond

Jun 19, 2003, 5:20:03 AM6/19/03
"wing" <wing...@hi.hinet.hr> wrote in message

> why do you shake youre fist all the time lol ^^''
> sorry but to me it is totaly ridiculus rotfl ^^''
> my apologies
> i didn't mean nothing wrong
> please continue ^-^

Its my gimmick, MY GIMMICK!!!!
*SHAKES FIST*

wing

Jun 19, 2003, 5:40:26 AM6/19/03

> "wing" <wing...@hi.hinet.hr> wrote in message
> >
> > why do you shake youre fist all the time lol ^^''
> > sorry but to me it is totaly ridiculus rotfl ^^''
> > my apologies
> > i didn't mean nothing wrong
> > please continue ^-^
>
> Its my gimmick, MY GIMMICK!!!!
> *SHAKES FIST*

nice nice ^-^
:)=
cool gimmick
:)

Blade

Jun 19, 2003, 5:49:02 AM6/19/03
"Ethan Hammond" <esha...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in

Lots of people. And she still made the decision on her own, no?

Blade

Ethan Hammond

Jun 19, 2003, 6:21:51 AM6/19/03

> >> Slaps Shinji. Sure, there's more, but that pretty much defeats
> >> both of your assertions right there, no?
> >
> > Oh come on, who dosen't slap Shinji. Damn annoying little punk.
>
> Lots of people. And she still made the decision on her own, no?

Maybe she though it was the thing to do since everyone treated Shinji
like crap.

tito

Jun 19, 2003, 7:10:06 AM6/19/03
On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 21:50:01 -0700, "Fish Eye no Miko"
<fis...@deadmoon.circus> wrote:

>"tito" <o...@flockofbloops.com> wrote in message
>
>> Much in the same way some fans don't care anything about
>> an android's personality,
>
>Which android? Some of them have more personality than some of the human
>characters in the same shows <coughDatacough>.

Heh. Was just speaking in a general sense, although I guess what I
mean applies to your standard Cute Girl Android archetype. I do think
in a general sense characters who are nonthreatening, either thru
niceness or shyness, are easier to be around.

Frankly, given Rei's sometimes cold behavior and sterotypical 'Creepy
Girl' label some people give her I don't see how she's very
nonthreatening actually IMHO.

>> inasmuch as they can fetishize it as being a personal
>> servant whether or not that's accurate to a character.
>
>People do this with flesh and blood characters, too.

Right. And to a degree this isn't a writers particular 'fault' a
character gets fetishized, although certainly writers must be AWARE of
the potential (Ruri Hoshino's draw to fanboys was pretty obviously
teased by her creators, for example. And while Chii from Chobits is a
cute/sexy charcter, her near constant protrayl as a lolicon is
inaccurate given the manga/show's context.)

>Catherine Johnson.

Psaiyan Prince Vegeta

Jun 19, 2003, 7:24:40 AM6/19/03
On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 06:59:54 GMT, "Ethan Hammond"
<esha...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>"Antonio E. Gonzalez" <ante...@aol.complex> wrote in message
>>
>> >So Rei honey, what do you want to do tonight.
>> >20 minutes later.
>> >Hai.
>> >See how much it would suck, SUCK!!!!
>> >*SHAKES FIST*
>> >

>> Isn't that why you'd want Rei?
>> (suck, SUCK!!!)
>
>I doubt Rei would do oral and you certainly won't be able to get
>a reaction out of her when you are on top. Sorry fanboys!!!!

You have Rei completely wrong. She is quiet, calm and thoughtful - not
catatonic. She does respond to external stimuli. Never in the series
does she behave in the doll-like manner attributed to her by some of
the posters in this thread.

She would probably be very quiet during sex, perhaps making a few
small appreciative murmurs and moans when you were doing something
right, but her body would definitely react to my touch, though she
*would* more-than-likely be the passive one, lying back and allowing
me to play with her. The idea of this turns me on beyond belief.

Psaiyan Prince Vegeta

Jun 19, 2003, 7:45:49 AM6/19/03
On 19 Jun 2003 02:19:54 GMT, ante...@aol.complex (Antonio E.
Gonzalez) wrote:

>>From: "Ethan Hammond" esha...@worldnet.att.net
>>Date: 6/18/2003 5:44 PM Pacific Standard Time
>>
>>So Rei honey, what do you want to do tonight.
>>20 minutes later.
>>Hai.
>>See how much it would suck, SUCK!!!!
>>*SHAKES FIST*
>>

> Isn't that why you'd want Rei?
> (suck, SUCK!!!)

Blowjobs always help, but never hinder a relationship... ^_^

Being woken up every morning by the feeling of Rei's warm, soft and
very sloppy mouth and tongue wrapped around my dick and the feeling of
gentle suction as you open your eyes and see her tousled azure locks
bobbing up and down over my crotch is my idea of heaven... ;)

Also, I'd love to see those big crimson eyes staring up at me whilst
she is on her knees sucking me off whilst I am gently coaxing her to
take me deeper into her mouth and playing with her hair...

Rei would swallow. She would swallow without even having to think
about it. At all.

Psaiyan Prince Vegeta

Jun 19, 2003, 7:51:12 AM6/19/03
On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 00:43:25 GMT, "Ethan Hammond"
<esha...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>My problem with this is, I don't understand it. Rei is not going
>to do anything for you. And unless you just want to sit around
>and say nothing, I don't think the relationship would work. I
>think after the honeymoon you would get tired of her very
>quickly. Relationships are a two way street, there is give
>and take, GIVE AND TAKE!!!! *SHAKES FIST*

Still, a blowjob every morning and evening when I got home from work,
'making fuck' twice a night and as much groping kissing, licking,
biting and cuddling as I could handle would go a long way to make up
for these other shortfalls in the relationship...

Psaiyan Prince Vegeta

Jun 19, 2003, 7:53:54 AM6/19/03
On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 04:42:53 GMT, tito <o...@flockofbloops.com> wrote:

>I don't think this describes Rei; I think it describes what some
>people may find appealing in how she's depicted in some 'fan
>fetishizations' though.

Yup. They're pretty much rape, rape and more rape as far as Rei is
concerned. I have only ever seen *one* Rei/Gendo doujin that features
consensual sex...

>Much in the same way some fans don't care anything about an android's
>personality, inasmuch as they can fetishize it as being a personal
>servant whether or not that's accurate to a character.

ref. goat's opinions of Juuhachigou from DBZ?

Chika

Jun 19, 2003, 9:17:22 AM6/19/03
In article <bg82fvofokgsmfmn7...@4ax.com>, Psaiyan Prince

Vegeta <ppve...@hotmail.communism> wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 19:29:55 GMT, Blade <kumo...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> >An [H] tag would do nicely. The selfsame poster was asked to and
> >complied with using it on AFD. Perhaps, if asked, he would have the
> >same courtesy again. PPV?

> I don't have a problem with using an [H] tag if that is what is asked of
> me by the group. Still, it seems a little redundant when these topics
> are generally originated from others (our old friend go...@goat.goat
> especially) whom I doubt will be interested in following any such
> decorum...

Is that the guy who was agonising about his sex life on umaa a while back?
Wondering if it was healthy to sexually fantacise about anime charas? The
guy ISTR I told to go out and experience a bit of life? Could it be that
this is the real reason why there seems to be so many fave Eva heroine
crossposts over the last few months?

Nah.. can't be! :ÅŸ

--
//\ // Chika <miyuki at crashnet.org.uk>
// \// MMW Crashnet <crashnet.org.uk>

... Oh no not again. That Holodeck is always breaking down. - Picard.

Chika

Jun 19, 2003, 9:19:02 AM6/19/03
In article <KbdIa.12776$3o3.9...@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>,

Ethan Hammond <esha...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> "Antonio E. Gonzalez" <ante...@aol.complex> wrote in message
> >
> > >So Rei honey, what do you want to do tonight.
> > >20 minutes later.
> > >Hai.
> > >See how much it would suck, SUCK!!!!
> > >*SHAKES FIST*
> > >
> > Isn't that why you'd want Rei?
> > (suck, SUCK!!!)

> I doubt Rei would do oral and you certainly won't be able to get
> a reaction out of her when you are on top. Sorry fanboys!!!!

She would if she was ordered to...

--
//\ // Chika <miyuki at crashnet.org.uk>
// \// MMW Crashnet <crashnet.org.uk>

... Tagline Lotto: 께께께께께<- Scratch here for prize.

Ethan Hammond

Jun 19, 2003, 9:54:04 AM6/19/03
"Psaiyan Prince Vegeta" <ppve...@hotmail.communism> wrote in message

> She would probably be very quiet during sex, perhaps making a few
> small appreciative murmurs and moans when you were doing something
> right, but her body would definitely react to my touch, though she
> *would* more-than-likely be the passive one, lying back and allowing
> me to play with her. The idea of this turns me on beyond belief.

Which is disturbing and lame, so it is twofold, TWOFOLD!!!!

Ethan Hammond

Jun 19, 2003, 9:55:14 AM6/19/03
"Psaiyan Prince Vegeta" <ppve...@hotmail.communism> wrote in message

> > Isn't that why you'd want Rei?
> > (suck, SUCK!!!)
>
> Blowjobs always help, but never hinder a relationship... ^_^
>
> Being woken up every morning by the feeling of Rei's warm, soft and
> very sloppy mouth and tongue wrapped around my dick and the feeling of
> gentle suction as you open your eyes and see her tousled azure locks
> bobbing up and down over my crotch is my idea of heaven... ;)
>
> Also, I'd love to see those big crimson eyes staring up at me whilst
> she is on her knees sucking me off whilst I am gently coaxing her to
> take me deeper into her mouth and playing with her hair...
>
> Rei would swallow. She would swallow without even having to think
> about it. At all.

What are you? Trying to one up goat?

Psaiyan Prince Vegeta

Jun 19, 2003, 10:28:27 AM6/19/03

You speak of Moi in the same breath as *goat*?

Can a man not speak in public of his desire for a stunningly beautiful
woman without being compared with that little spod?

goat gives all Ayanami fanboys a bad name...

Tolaris

Jun 19, 2003, 10:54:39 AM6/19/03
On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 06:55:22 GMT, Blade wrote..

>Slaps Shinji. Sure, there's more, but that pretty much defeats both of
>your assertions right there, no?

--
Shinji has the "just slap me" vibe around him that's loud
like a six-gear vibrator. Thus she didn't do anything 'on

Although to be fair, i think you'd make better point just
reminding how she can act like a normal human being around
the certain person.

Tolaris
--
just before he died, he said:
DM:"You hear a click."
PC:"I freeze!"
[while standing on a pit]

Blade

Jun 19, 2003, 11:22:02 AM6/19/03
tol...@my-deja.com (Tolaris) wrote in

> On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 06:55:22 GMT, Blade wrote..
>
>>Slaps Shinji. Sure, there's more, but that pretty much defeats both
>>of your assertions right there, no?
> --
> Shinji has the "just slap me" vibe around him that's loud
> like a six-gear vibrator. Thus she didn't do anything 'on
> her own', but simply followed the unspoken command... :s

I doubt it, since he doesn't actually get slapped that often.

> Although to be fair, i think you'd make better point just
> reminding how she can act like a normal human being around
> the certain person.

I'd rather not, since the reasons for and ramifications of that are
disturbing and unwholesome.

Blade

John C. Watson

Jun 19, 2003, 12:20:31 PM6/19/03
On 06/18/2003 20:46, in article
4K7Ia.10886$0v4.9...@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net, "Ethan Hammond"
<esha...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> "Amani" <am...@charter.net> wrote in message
>
>> I'm anything but a feminazi, and am a strong opponent of such extremists. But
>> Rei, for almost the entirety of the series, is a mindless drone. She's not
>> devoted. She's incapable of being a different way.
>>

> I am in concurrance. Rei is a tool, nothing more. As a matter of fact I
> can't think of a time when she makes a decision on her own. Now granted I
> haven't seen the movie, because I think Eva is overrated.

The episode where she sacrifices herself to save Shinji would be one
instance of autonomous action.

Ciao,
John

--
John C. Watson
World Otakunization Project, Amherst Division

"Shuraku-tai--hasshin!"

Isaac Kuo

Jun 19, 2003, 12:59:13 PM6/19/03
Blade <kumo...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<Xns939EA14FE6...@66.185.95.104>...
> mec...@yahoo.com (Isaac Kuo) wrote in

> > I'm surprised you even need to ask.

> > Years ago, I remember Rei described as "a plastic blowup doll".
> > It's a sex toy with which you can do whatever you like and it
> > will never talk back and it will never resist in the slightest so
> > you never have to worry about being rejected or denied.

> > There are a lot of shy and lonely pale friendless virgins who find
> > this concept rather appealing.

> What I find really funny is how much antipathy Rei inspires in people who
> think themselves "above" fantasizing about her (as if she's any worse or
> better than any other animated fictional character, right?).

What I find really sad is when someone can't tell the difference
between antipathy and a sense of humor.

[much irrelevant ranting snipped]
> (Has a daughter. Whoops, so much for shy, lonely, friendless virgin. I
> am a paleface, though! Not that I'd particularly want to jump Ayanami's
> bones even if she were a three-dimensional person that had any to jump,
> just sayin'.)

And...so? Seeing as you're not one of the loser fanboys lusting
after Ayanami Rei upon which I was making a humorous observation...
...so what?

Isaac Kuo

Isaac Kuo

Jun 19, 2003, 1:15:02 PM6/19/03
chibiw...@YUM-SPAM.yahoo.com (Chibi-Light) wrote in message news:<3ef1129...@news-server.houston.rr.com>...
> On 18 Jun 2003 11:40:38 -0700, mec...@yahoo.com (Isaac Kuo) wrote:

> >P.P.P.S.: Well, maybe not in Japan. Based on the sheer number
> >of panty shots in anime, my wife has deduced that only three
> >Japanese men have actually had sex--and two of them are gay.

> I think that's the best quote of the year thus far on RAAM.

To be honest, I came up with that joke. My wife's assessment was
actually that NONE of "my kind" ever had sex (this was while
watching Stratos 4*). I "corrected" her with the above joke,
which she appreciated. That still didn't stop her from giving
me a look and/or bopping me with a pillow with each gratuitous
panty shot.

She blames me for all perverted anime fetishes even though I only
suffer from a large fraction of them to any great degree.

Isaac Kuo

* Stratos 4: a particularly bland series with virtually
nonexistent appeal outside of its copious light fan service
to certain fanboy fetishes.

Isaac Kuo

Jun 19, 2003, 1:39:34 PM6/19/03
tito <o...@flockofbloops.com> wrote in message news:<cd3e0ba02018cbff...@free.teranews.com>...

> On 18 Jun 2003 11:40:38 -0700, mec...@yahoo.com (Isaac Kuo) wrote:

> >Years ago, I remember Rei described as "a plastic blowup doll".
> >It's a sex toy with which you can do whatever you like and it
> >will never talk back and it will never resist in the slightest so
> >you never have to worry about being rejected or denied.

> >There are a lot of shy and lonely pale friendless virgins who find
> >this concept rather appealing.

> I don't think this describes Rei; I think it describes what some

> people may find appealing in how she's depicted in some 'fan
> fetishizations' though.

Just "some"? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume
you're too wholesome to have come across much Eva porn...

Isaac Kuo

Fake Name

Jun 19, 2003, 4:56:33 PM6/19/03
wing wrote:

> why do you shake youre fist all the time lol ^^''
> sorry but to me it is totaly ridiculus rotfl ^^''
> my apologies
> i didn't mean nothing wrong
> please continue ^-^

Just be glad he is not trying to shake your fist.

Fake Name

Jun 19, 2003, 5:15:49 PM6/19/03
Tolaris wrote:

> Shinji has the "just slap me" vibe around him that's loud
> like a six-gear vibrator. Thus she didn't do anything 'on
> her own', but simply followed the unspoken command... :s

So it was Gendo who told Rei to slap Shinji. That Gendo sure is a bastard
and a half.

Psaiyan Prince Vegeta

Jun 19, 2003, 5:41:18 PM6/19/03

I've have come across much Eva porn during my travels. Would you like
some?

Psaiyan Prince Vegeta

Jun 19, 2003, 5:57:01 PM6/19/03
On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 14:17:22 +0100, Chika <miy...@spam.no.way> wrote:

>Is that the guy who was agonising about his sex life on umaa a while back?
>Wondering if it was healthy to sexually fantacise about anime charas? The
>guy ISTR I told to go out and experience a bit of life? Could it be that
>this is the real reason why there seems to be so many fave Eva heroine
>crossposts over the last few months?
>
>Nah.. can't be! :ÅŸ

Don't worry about it - he was doing this on alt.fan.dragonball long
before he came here. Do a bit of Googling if you like - some of his
stuff is hilariously stupid. He likes chicks in Nazi uniforms too...

I have never been able to decide if he is a troll, a little boy doing
a bit of growing up in public, or just someone with more problems than
I have.

For the record, in most cases, given the choice, I find anime women to
be more attractive than real women. I'd say it was about a 75-25%
split in favour of the 2D beauties, with Rei Ayanami being my number
#1 girl...

Jule

Jun 19, 2003, 6:02:59 PM6/19/03
Psaiyan Prince Vegeta <ppve...@hotmail.communism> wrote in message news:<jnr0fv4qhc5oten06...@4ax.com>...
> On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 22:24:27 -0400, "Amani" <am...@charter.net> wrote:
>
> >Because the people who are annoying enough to fill JAE with descriptions of
> >how they'd like to have sex with her are insecure, overcompensating males
> >who couldn't take a woman with an actual willpower and are, rather,
> >comforted by a female who would do anything they said without a thought.
>
> It sounds to me as though you have an axe to grind with those women
> who choose to opt out of the gender war.
>
> Those you describe as 'women with an actual willpower' are probably
> the same women whom I would describe as those trying to make guys feel
> guilty for being born male.

> There are still plenty of women in the world who like the idea of
> being dutiful to the man who looks after them, though I'd imagine that
> they are afraid to admit it in case the feminazis accuse them of being
> traitors to their gender...
>
> To me, Rei is a safe fantasy - she embodies everything that I find
> sexy/feminine in a woman, but taken to the extreme. She makes me want
> to give her all my love, take care of her, protect her, spend all my
> money on her and make sure that she has nice things - all in return
> for her being there for me and keeping me warm at night...
>
> I do not feel guilty for feeling this way, nor will I be made to.

Man, what you don't know about women is a lot. Women are people. You
come from a place of assuming that they are inferior. Women with this
"willpower" you assume to be ballbusters, because they have the nerve
to not put up with assholes like you.

Like another poster said, there's more to life, yo. Life is better if
you treat people--women and men--the way you yourself would like to be
treated. POsting this crap only proves how little you think of
yourself, so much that you have to dump on an entire gender. Hire a
therapist and deal with your issues. Leave women the hell alone.

tito

Jun 19, 2003, 6:17:47 PM6/19/03
On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 21:41:18 GMT, Psaiyan Prince Vegeta
<ppve...@hotmail.communism> wrote:

>On 19 Jun 2003 10:39:34 -0700, mec...@yahoo.com (Isaac Kuo) wrote:
>
>>tito <o...@flockofbloops.com> wrote in message news:<cd3e0ba02018cbff...@free.teranews.com>...

>>> I don't think this describes Rei; I think it describes what some
>>> people may find appealing in how she's depicted in some 'fan
>>> fetishizations' though.
>>
>>Just "some"? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume
>>you're too wholesome to have come across much Eva porn...

Well, I mean its a specific reason aside from the general 'she's a
cute looking anime girl'...

Psaiyan Prince Vegeta

Jun 19, 2003, 7:00:05 PM6/19/03

I didn't write that.

Matthew W. Miller

Jun 19, 2003, 7:04:23 PM6/19/03
On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 08:25:01 +0100, Tiggs Panther <ti...@m-void.co.uk> wrote:
> It's not UMAA. Or not JUST UMAA. Most of us here don't really like
> most of the threads (I regularly thread-kill), but there's no real way
> to un-cross the posts.

What, doesn't Forte Agent allow use of a 'Followup-To:' header?
--
Matthew W. Miller <mwmi...@columbus.rr.com> Who needs multiline .sigs?

Psaiyan Prince Vegeta

Jun 19, 2003, 7:35:18 PM6/19/03
On 19 Jun 2003 15:02:59 -0700, carme...@yahoo.com (Jule) wrote:

>Man, what you don't know about women is a lot. Women are people. You
>come from a place of assuming that they are inferior.

No, I come from a place of assuming that men are *not* inferior -
contrary to what feminists and the damn liberal media (at least in the
UK) seems to enjoy ramming down our throats on a regular basis these
days, judging by the number of TV shows and adverts poking fun at
'useless' men and male sexuality...

> Women with this
>"willpower" you assume to be ballbusters, because they have the nerve
>to not put up with assholes like you.

I am not an asshole. I simply know what I like and find attractive in
a woman. A bad attitude and a political agenda is not one of those
things - thus I am not drawn to those women who display these
attributes. I do not attempt to change, control or opress anybody. I
just find it disgusting that women who happen to be perfectly happy
with the way they have chosen to live their lives are accused of being
'doormats' by those who seem to think that equality = superiority.

>Like another poster said, there's more to life, yo. Life is better if
>you treat people--women and men--the way you yourself would like to be
>treated. POsting this crap only proves how little you think of
>yourself, so much that you have to dump on an entire gender. Hire a
>therapist and deal with your issues. Leave women the hell alone.

I am not downing an entire gender - only the stupid and intolerant
people within it.

Ralph Wade Phillips

Jun 19, 2003, 8:19:40 PM6/19/03
Howdy!

> why do you shake youre fist all the time lol ^^''

Because of what he has in it.

> sorry but to me it is totaly ridiculus rotfl ^^''
> my apologies
> i didn't mean nothing wrong
> please continue ^-^

Heh. It's just Ethan. What with his robot catgirl, he has actually
very little human contact ...

Just kidding, Ethan. Why, we all know that your "shaking your fist"
isn't why you're going blind.

RwP

Danger X

Jun 19, 2003, 9:19:15 PM6/19/03

"Ethan Hammond" <esha...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

> "wing" <wing...@hi.hinet.hr> wrote in message
> >
> > why do you shake youre fist all the time lol ^^''
> > sorry but to me it is totaly ridiculus rotfl ^^''
> > my apologies
> > i didn't mean nothing wrong
> > please continue ^-^
>
> Its my gimmick, MY GIMMICK!!!!
> *SHAKES FIST*

Heh... I was in traffic earlier today and saw a woman shaking her fist at
her passenger. It looked quite comical, and so I thought, "relative of
Ethan's perhaps?"

It's a small world...

More or less,
Kyle

Chibi-Light

Jun 19, 2003, 10:17:47 PM6/19/03
On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 13:54:04 GMT, "Ethan Hammond"
<esha...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>"Psaiyan Prince Vegeta" <ppve...@hotmail.communism> wrote in message
>>
>> She would probably be very quiet during sex, perhaps making a few
>> small appreciative murmurs and moans when you were doing something
>> right, but her body would definitely react to my touch, though she
>> *would* more-than-likely be the passive one, lying back and allowing
>> me to play with her. The idea of this turns me on beyond belief.
>
>Which is disturbing and lame, so it is twofold, TWOFOLD!!!!

I hate to agree with Ethan, but... I agree with Ethan.

It's pretty disturbing and definetly reflects poorly on your
character.

CL
---
Glenn Beck - Eating popcorn while the world suffers.
www.glennbeck.com

Chibi-Light

Jun 19, 2003, 10:18:41 PM6/19/03
On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 14:28:27 GMT, Psaiyan Prince Vegeta
<ppve...@hotmail.communism> wrote:

>Can a man not speak in public of his desire for a stunningly beautiful
>woman without being compared with that little spod?

She's not a woman. She's a bunch of lines and some cel paint.

Psaiyan Prince Vegeta

Jun 19, 2003, 10:31:13 PM6/19/03
On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 02:18:41 GMT, chibiw...@YUM-SPAM.yahoo.com
(Chibi-Light) wrote:

>On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 14:28:27 GMT, Psaiyan Prince Vegeta
><ppve...@hotmail.communism> wrote:
>

>>Can a man not speak in public of his desire for a stunningly beautiful
>>woman without being compared with that little spod?
>
>She's not a woman. She's a bunch of lines and some cel paint.

A woman need not exist in a physical sense in order to be considered
beautiful.

Chibi-Light

Jun 20, 2003, 1:43:38 AM6/20/03
On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 02:31:13 GMT, Psaiyan Prince Vegeta
<ppve...@hotmail.communism> wrote:

>On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 02:18:41 GMT, chibiw...@YUM-SPAM.yahoo.com
>(Chibi-Light) wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 14:28:27 GMT, Psaiyan Prince Vegeta
>><ppve...@hotmail.communism> wrote:
>>

>>>Can a man not speak in public of his desire for a stunningly beautiful
>>>woman without being compared with that little spod?
>>
>>She's not a woman. She's a bunch of lines and some cel paint.
>
>A woman need not exist in a physical sense in order to be considered
>beautiful.

Right....

And I guess neither does your sex life.

Tiggs Panther

Jun 20, 2003, 2:49:25 AM6/20/03
"Matthew W. Miller" <mwmi...@columbus.rr.com> was incriminated by
their posting [Thu, 19 Jun 2003 23:04:23 GMT] to
uk.media.animation.anime:

>On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 08:25:01 +0100, Tiggs Panther <ti...@m-void.co.uk> wrote:
>> It's not UMAA. Or not JUST UMAA. Most of us here don't really like
>> most of the threads (I regularly thread-kill), but there's no real way
>> to un-cross the posts.
>
>What, doesn't Forte Agent allow use of a 'Followup-To:' header?

Yeah. But that's only useful if every subsequent followup replies to
that particular post.

Tiggs
--
Tiggs Panther =^.^=
"I think I might have been normal once."

Itm0001

Jun 20, 2003, 4:21:02 AM6/20/03
>> Once upon a time in the faraway land of uk.media.animation.anime, Ryan
>> Holmes <ry...@holmes367282.fsnet.co.uk> said:
>> >I have seen loads of posts on UMAA recently talking about how sexy and
>> >beautiful Rei Ayanami is. I just don't understand it at all.
>>
>> Well some of those people are fairly notorious by now and would probably
>> have sex with anything vaguely humanoid that wore a skirt.
>
> Heh. I know one guy that would thrill, as he dances around in his
>"Sailor Moon" cosplay outfit (and, no, I don't think he has the legs for it
>... )
>
> RwP

Eww-eww-heww <shudders in disgust>

Ivan

tito

Jun 20, 2003, 4:38:27 AM6/20/03
On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 23:00:05 GMT, Psaiyan Prince Vegeta
<ppve...@hotmail.communism> wrote:

>On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 22:17:47 GMT, tito <o...@flockofbloops.com> wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 21:41:18 GMT, Psaiyan Prince Vegeta
>><ppve...@hotmail.communism> wrote:

>>Well, I mean its a specific reason aside from the general 'she's a
>>cute looking anime girl'...
>
>I didn't write that.

Ack, sorry about that. Been trying out Forte Agent for the first time
& still trying to get the hang of it. (Man isn't there a version with
a pretty easy-to-read toolbar yet?)

Returning to topic, I think another reason people reflexively snark on
Rei is she's such a famous character. For example, if someone
mentioned they're 'ideal woman' was a person like Mahoro Andou, they
might not get the acid response than if they said Belldandy, despite
the two being somewhat similar to each other.

Chibi-Light

Jun 20, 2003, 4:55:01 AM6/20/03
On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 08:38:27 GMT, tito <o...@flockofbloops.com> wrote:

>Ack, sorry about that. Been trying out Forte Agent for the first time
>& still trying to get the hang of it. (Man isn't there a version with
>a pretty easy-to-read toolbar yet?)

I'm still using my ancient version 1.21/32 of Free Agent from way back
when in 99.

>Returning to topic, I think another reason people reflexively snark on
>Rei is she's such a famous character. For example, if someone
>mentioned they're 'ideal woman' was a person like Mahoro Andou, they
>might not get the acid response than if they said Belldandy, despite
>the two being somewhat similar to each other.

Yes, I think we would stare blankly at you.

Ethan Hammond

Jun 20, 2003, 4:54:49 AM6/20/03
"Ralph Wade Phillips" <ral...@techie.com> wrote in message

> > why do you shake youre fist all the time lol ^^''
>
> Because of what he has in it.
>
> > sorry but to me it is totaly ridiculus rotfl ^^''
> > my apologies
> > i didn't mean nothing wrong
> > please continue ^-^
>
> Heh. It's just Ethan. What with his robot catgirl, he has
actually
> very little human contact ...

> Just kidding, Ethan. Why, we all know that your "shaking your
fist"
> isn't why you're going blind.

Its true.

--
All Purpose Cultural Randomness
http://www.angelfire.com/tx/apcr/index.html

Ethan Hammond

Jun 20, 2003, 4:55:22 AM6/20/03
"Danger X" <gal...@NOSPAMsympatico.ca> wrote in message

> > Its my gimmick, MY GIMMICK!!!!
> > *SHAKES FIST*
>
> Heh... I was in traffic earlier today and saw a woman shaking her fist at
> her passenger. It looked quite comical, and so I thought, "relative of
> Ethan's perhaps?"
>
> It's a small world...

Excellent, soon you will all be infected with the shaking.
BWAH HA HA HA!!!!

Ethan Hammond

Jun 20, 2003, 4:55:58 AM6/20/03
"Chibi-Light" <chibiw...@YUM-SPAM.yahoo.com> wrote in message

> >> She would probably be very quiet during sex, perhaps making a few
> >> small appreciative murmurs and moans when you were doing something
> >> right, but her body would definitely react to my touch, though she
> >> *would* more-than-likely be the passive one, lying back and allowing
> >> me to play with her. The idea of this turns me on beyond belief.
> >
> >Which is disturbing and lame, so it is twofold, TWOFOLD!!!!
>
> I hate to agree with Ethan, but... I agree with Ethan.
>
> It's pretty disturbing and definetly reflects poorly on your
> character.

Yes he could at least have a healthy fantasy like Nuku Nuku or
Lime.

*nods nods*

Daniel Rudy

Jun 20, 2003, 5:11:48 AM6/20/03
Somewhere around the time of 06/17/2003 20:03, the world stopped and
listened as Ralph Wade Phillips spoke these words of wisdom...:

> Howdy!
>
> "Shez" <see...@nospam.demon.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message

Thanks a lot...I didn't need that image. <cringe>

--
Daniel Rudy

Remove nospam, invalid, and 0123456789 to reply.

Daniel Rudy

Jun 20, 2003, 5:26:13 AM6/20/03
Somewhere around the time of 06/19/2003 17:19, the world stopped and

listened as Ralph Wade Phillips spoke these words of wisdom...:

> Howdy!

> "wing" <wing...@hi.hinet.hr> wrote in message
>>

>> why do you shake youre fist all the time lol ^^''
>
> Because of what he has in it.
>
>> sorry but to me it is totaly ridiculus rotfl ^^''
>> my apologies
>> i didn't mean nothing wrong
>> please continue ^-^
>
> Heh. It's just Ethan. What with his robot catgirl, he has actually
> very little human contact ...

You mean the one that I built for him? Hmm... I wonder how that thing
is holding up under the stress. It does have a titanium skeleton, but I
was more wondering about the servos. Has any blown up yet? I used
super heavy duty ones with metal gears.

> Just kidding, Ethan. Why, we all know that your "shaking your fist"
> isn't why you're going blind.
>
> RwP

I'm not going to touch this.

Daniel Rudy

Jun 20, 2003, 5:31:59 AM6/20/03
Somewhere around the time of 06/18/2003 02:22, the world stopped and
listened as Tiggs Panther spoke these words of wisdom...:

> chibiw...@YUM-SPAM.yahoo.com (Chibi-Light) was incriminated by
> their posting [Wed, 18 Jun 2003 08:45:15 GMT] to

> uk.media.animation.anime:
>
>>On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 08:25:01 +0100, Tiggs Panther <ti...@m-void.co.uk>
>>wrote:
>

>>>So once again I submit my futile request to please keep the
>>>jailbait/Asuka/Rei questions off of UMAA.
>>
>>I don't even know what UMAA is but I'll say the same for RAAM as well.
>
> uk.media.animation.anime
>
> OK. So we have regular threads crossposted to three enwsgorups that
> don't seem to want them. Now although the topics are nominally (and
> arguably) on-topic, are they irritating enough to report to
> ab...@whoeverthehell.foo next time a damned X-post appears?
>
> Tiggs

Probablly not, but I do enjoy the occasional
conversation/discussion/spar with our friends across the pond though.

Ethan Hammond

Jun 20, 2003, 5:38:45 AM6/20/03
"Daniel Rudy" <dcr...@invalid.pacbell.nospam.net.0123456789> wrote in
message

> You mean the one that I built for him? Hmm... I wonder how that thing
> is holding up under the stress. It does have a titanium skeleton, but I
> was more wondering about the servos. Has any blown up yet? I used
> super heavy duty ones with metal gears.

Mmmm titanium.

> > Just kidding, Ethan. Why, we all know that your "shaking your
fist"
> > isn't why you're going blind.
> >
> > RwP
>
> I'm not going to touch this.

Good man. You will make a fine General in the Imperial army.

Joe User

Jun 20, 2003, 6:42:56 AM6/20/03
Ryan Holmes wrote:
> I have seen loads of posts on UMAA recently talking about how sexy and
> beautiful Rei Ayanami is. I just don't understand it at all.
>
> Rei is bland, dull and maybe even boring. For most of the show she just
> sits/stands there saying and doing nothing. It's like she's just part of the
> scenery or something.
>
> She is short, pale, skinny, has mousy features, looks like she never brushes
> her hair (which it looks like she cuts herself) and flat-chested. We only
> see her wearing that plain turquoise dress, which does nothing to make her
> look attractive at all. She makes no attempt to look sexy. I also think that
> her eyes look really creepy.
>
> Yet for some reason, some of the people here think that Rei is some sort of
> sex fiend, would be absolutely fantastic in bed or would be great at giving
> blowjobs. I just don't get it. I don't even think that she would be
> interested in sex.
>
> Asuka and Misao, I can imagine as sex objects and maybe even that blonde
> nurse (sorry I don't watch enough Evangelion to know her name), but Rei?
> There are so many hot women to choose from in this show, so why go for the
> dullest chick of the lot?

You obviously haven't seen all of the adult resin statues made of her.

-joe

Daniel Rudy

Jun 20, 2003, 5:17:25 AM6/20/03
Somewhere around the time of 06/19/2003 06:55, the world stopped and
listened as Ethan Hammond spoke these words of wisdom...:

> "Psaiyan Prince Vegeta" <ppve...@hotmail.communism> wrote in message
>>
>> > Isn't that why you'd want Rei?
>> > (suck, SUCK!!!)
>>
>> Blowjobs always help, but never hinder a relationship... ^_^
>>
>> Being woken up every morning by the feeling of Rei's warm, soft and
>> very sloppy mouth and tongue wrapped around my dick and the feeling of
>> gentle suction as you open your eyes and see her tousled azure locks
>> bobbing up and down over my crotch is my idea of heaven... ;)
>>
>> Also, I'd love to see those big crimson eyes staring up at me whilst
>> she is on her knees sucking me off whilst I am gently coaxing her to
>> take me deeper into her mouth and playing with her hair...
>>
>> Rei would swallow. She would swallow without even having to think
>> about it. At all.
>
> What are you? Trying to one up goat?

> --
> All Purpose Cultural Randomness
> http://www.angelfire.com/tx/apcr/index.html

That, my friend, would be *quite* an acomplishment...

Daniel Rudy

Jun 20, 2003, 6:08:49 AM6/20/03
Somewhere around the time of 06/20/2003 02:38, the world stopped and
listened as Ethan Hammond spoke these words of wisdom...:

Gee Ethan, I was hoping for more of a rise out of you. Oh well, I guess
you take what you can get. :)

Ralph Wade Phillips

Jun 20, 2003, 8:10:00 AM6/20/03
Howdy!

"Itm0001" <itm...@aol.com> wrote in message

Basically my response as well.

For some strange reason, an "adult" mail cosplaying as Sailor Scout?
Just ... does not seem right.

(Of course, a LOT of cosplayers don't have the appropriate body for
the parts they want to cosplay. Cue the rather large, overweight man that
did Belldandy one time. His nickname now is "Giant Bell Dandy" and his
picture is forbidden on a chat hub I frequent, due to how horrible it looks
... )

RwP

Ralph Wade Phillips

Jun 20, 2003, 8:13:19 AM6/20/03
Howdy!

"Daniel Rudy" <dcr...@invalid.pacbell.nospam.net.0123456789> wrote in

message news:VqAIa.561$a83.92...@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com...

> Somewhere around the time of 06/19/2003 17:19, the world stopped and
> listened as Ralph Wade Phillips spoke these words of wisdom...:

> > Just kidding, Ethan. Why, we all know that your "shaking your

fist"
> > isn't why you're going blind.
> >
> > RwP
>
> I'm not going to touch this.

Heh. Back in an earlier conversation about "Yuri of the Hair" from
Inu Yasha (episodes 3 and 4), and about Toy's drawing of her (just about the
ONLY person who would have made Yuri's skirt shorter), Ethan came up with
"Isn't he one of the bad guys?"

Now, after looking at Toy's picture, to think Yuri was a GUY ...
He'd have to be blind. So I rib him about it every so often ...

RwP

Daniel Rudy

Jun 20, 2003, 9:16:17 AM6/20/03
Somewhere around the time of 06/20/2003 05:13, the world stopped and

listened as Ralph Wade Phillips spoke these words of wisdom...:
> Howdy!
>
> "Daniel Rudy" <dcr...@invalid.pacbell.nospam.net.0123456789> wrote in
> message news:VqAIa.561$a83.92...@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com...
>> Somewhere around the time of 06/19/2003 17:19, the world stopped and
>> listened as Ralph Wade Phillips spoke these words of wisdom...:
>
>> > Just kidding, Ethan. Why, we all know that your "shaking your
> fist"
>> > isn't why you're going blind.
>> >
>> > RwP
>>
>> I'm not going to touch this.
>
> Heh. Back in an earlier conversation about "Yuri of the Hair" from
> Inu Yasha (episodes 3 and 4), and about Toy's drawing of her (just about the
> ONLY person who would have made Yuri's skirt shorter), Ethan came up with
> "Isn't he one of the bad guys?"
>
> Now, after looking at Toy's picture, to think Yuri was a GUY ...
> He'd have to be blind. So I rib him about it every so often ...
>
> RwP

Ah, now it makes sense. Either he's blind or he hasn't watched Inuyasha...

Rob Kelk

Jun 20, 2003, 9:20:12 AM6/20/03
On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 08:55:01 GMT, chibiw...@YUM-SPAM.yahoo.com
(Chibi-Light) wrote:

>On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 08:38:27 GMT, tito <o...@flockofbloops.com> wrote:
>

>>Ack, sorry about that. Been trying out Forte Agent for the first time
>>& still trying to get the hang of it. (Man isn't there a version with
>>a pretty easy-to-read toolbar yet?)
>
>I'm still using my ancient version 1.21/32 of Free Agent from way back
>when in 99.

And it does the job wonderfully, doesn't it? (I use 1.21/16, myself -
all those 32-bit viruses can't possibly infect it.)

>>Returning to topic, I think another reason people reflexively snark on
>>Rei is she's such a famous character. For example, if someone
>>mentioned they're 'ideal woman' was a person like Mahoro Andou, they
>>might not get the acid response than if they said Belldandy, despite
>>the two being somewhat similar to each other.
>
>Yes, I think we would stare blankly at you.

"Mahoro who?" ^_^

--
Rob Kelk <http://robkelk.ottawa-anime.org/> robkelk -at- jksrv -dot- com
"I'm *not* a kid! Nyyyeaaah!" - Skuld (in "Oh My Goddess!" OAV #3)

Frank White

Jun 20, 2003, 10:41:29 AM6/20/03
In article <FCAIa.14351$3o3.1...@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>,
esha...@worldnet.att.net says...

>"Daniel Rudy" <dcr...@invalid.pacbell.nospam.net.0123456789> wrote in
>message
>>
>> You mean the one that I built for him? Hmm... I wonder how that thing
>> is holding up under the stress. It does have a titanium skeleton, but I
>> was more wondering about the servos. Has any blown up yet? I used
>> super heavy duty ones with metal gears.
>
>Mmmm titanium.
>
>> > Just kidding, Ethan. Why, we all know that your "shaking your
>fist"
>> > isn't why you're going blind.
>> >
>> > RwP
>>
>> I'm not going to touch this.
>
>Good man. You will make a fine General in the Imperial army.

At least until Vader kills him.

I swear, the guy did in more high ranking Imperial troops
than the rebels!

FW

Isaac Kuo

Jun 20, 2003, 1:12:51 PM6/20/03
tito <o...@flockofbloops.com> wrote in message news:<8faa2c1663fc7946...@free.teranews.com>...

> Returning to topic, I think another reason people reflexively snark on
> Rei is she's such a famous character. For example, if someone
> mentioned they're 'ideal woman' was a person like Mahoro Andou, they
> might not get the acid response than if they said Belldandy, despite
> the two being somewhat similar to each other.

Drooling fanboys obsessing over ANY anime character are worthy of
humorous jabs. Naturally, some fanboys moreso than others.

For example, fanboy drooling over Belldandy is not so bad.
Belldandy may be a vacuous charicaturized Japanese pipe dream
ideal, but she's a vacuous charicaturized Japanese pipe dream
ideal without an obvious "pervert" angle. The only "perv"
angle is the mild and largely acceptable Japanese fascination
with blond blue-eyed caucasians (this still exists to some
extent although nowhere near the level of a few decades ago).
Of course, this mild "perv" angle doesn't even apply to
non-Japanese drooling fanboys.

In contrast, fanboy drooling over Pretty Sami is an open admission
of outright perversion. There's just no getting around it.

Fanboy drooling over a character like Ayanami Rei or Nuku Nuku
is not as extreme as Pretty Sami or Dejiko. In such cases,
the behavior of the drooling fanboys themselves determines how
perverted/humorous/pitiable/sad it is. That said...have you
been reading the same usenet newsgroups I've been reading?

There are many possible reactions to perverted drooling
fanboys. My tendency is humor. After all, I'm one of them. :P

Isaac Kuo

It is loading more messages.