What Anime OP/ED is engrishiest ?

daylight

May 16, 2003, 4:06:08 PM5/16/03
I'm not a native English speaker. So I want to know what anime OP/ED
uses the strangest English. please tell me about it, Thanx.

Freezer

May 16, 2003, 5:46:20 PM5/16/03
If I don't reply to this Ken Arromdee post, the terrorists win.

> In article <6b4de9ee.03051...@posting.google.com>,

> daylight <do...@24h.co.jp> wrote:
>>I'm not a native English speaker. So I want to know what anime
>>OP/ED uses the strangest English. please tell me about it, Thanx.
>

> Hellsing is one of the worst. It has an entirely English opening
> that is impossible to understand.

Wolf's Rain is pretty bad as well...

--
(Although the words do make sense in an surreal sort of way...)

My name is:
____ _
/ ___| | | http://www.geocities.com/
| |__ _ __ ___ ___ ____ ___ _ __ | | mysterysciencefreezer
| __|| '__/ _ \/ _ \/_ // _ \| '__|| | (My MSTings)
|_| |_| \___|\___||___|\___||_| (_)(Rasslin' and other subjects)

And my anti-drug is porn.

Senor Hache

May 16, 2003, 6:04:58 PM5/16/03
Geez, daylight, what's your damage?

> I'm not a native English speaker. So I want to know what anime OP/ED
> uses the strangest English. please tell me about it, Thanx.

SCRYED isn't too bad, but I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what
"I believe in drastic my soul" means.

-Matt/Pickle/Jew-Pac

--
"Maybe if I didn't spend so much time hating other people, I might find
the time to like myself."

Alan D. Peters

May 16, 2003, 8:06:10 PM5/16/03
"daylight" <do...@24h.co.jp> wrote in message news:6b4de9ee.03051...@posting.google.com...

> I'm not a native English speaker. So I want to know what anime OP/ED
> uses the strangest English. please tell me about it, Thanx.

My favorite is Berserk, "Tell Me Why". Great song, but what are they saying?
Tokyo Babylon has that strange Beatles-like song "Kiss Kiss".

--
Alan D. Peters
animem...@email.com

Jorge R. Frank

May 16, 2003, 8:16:18 PM5/16/03
Freezer <free...@hotmail.com> wrote in

> If I don't reply to this Ken Arromdee post, the terrorists win.
>
>> In article <6b4de9ee.03051...@posting.google.com>,
>> daylight <do...@24h.co.jp> wrote:
>>>I'm not a native English speaker. So I want to know what anime
>>>OP/ED uses the strangest English. please tell me about it, Thanx.
>>
>> Hellsing is one of the worst. It has an entirely English opening
>> that is impossible to understand.

No kidding! It's almost as bad as "Louie, Louie."

> Wolf's Rain is pretty bad as well...

I believe the singer of the opening song, Steve Conte, is a native English
speaker, so this may just be "normal" garbled rock lyrics. Maaya Sakamoto
sang the closing song. I think she sings beautifully in either language.

--
JRF

think one step ahead of IBM.

Jorge R. Frank

May 16, 2003, 8:21:32 PM5/16/03
do...@24h.co.jp (daylight) wrote in

> I'm not a native English speaker. So I want to know what anime OP/ED
> uses the strangest English. please tell me about it, Thanx.

The high school basketball anime "Dear Boys" has an opening song that goes
something like:

Hey guys
One two three
Sound of bounce your way now

Yo girls
One two three
Sound of bounce your way now

Going back to the classics, Zeta Gundam has this little couplet:

I wanna have a pure time
Everyone's a noble mind

Those were the first to come to mind. I'll think of more later.

David Watson

May 16, 2003, 8:27:26 PM5/16/03
Probably the first two OP songs for Hajime no Ippo. "I want to dive lost
mind"? "Pain trance continue" (which sounds like when I saw Merzbow play
live)?

However, possibly the worst Engrish in Japanese lyrics is the X Japan song
"Standing Sex" (that title alone should be a warning). Don't drink
anything while you're reading this or you'll have to wipe up your keyboard
and monitor: http://www.animelyrics.com/jpop/xjapan/xjssex.htm
--
Dave Watson, Severed Heads Liberation Front (_Stretcher_ CD-R--sevcom.com)
Frezier Balzoff (aka Ottawa), Ontario, Canada Email--shlf [at] ncf [dot] ca

Chris Mattern

May 16, 2003, 10:43:59 PM5/16/03
Senor Hache wrote:
> Geez, daylight, what's your damage?
>

>>I'm not a native English speaker. So I want to know what anime OP/ED
>>uses the strangest English. please tell me about it, Thanx.
>

> SCRYED isn't too bad, but I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what
> "I believe in drastic my soul" means.

Ooh, let's not forget Nadia. "Don't forget to try in mind", huh?

Chris Mattern
"Ai wa jewel yori..."
Mind you, it *was* a nice song...

jet...@getnet.net

May 17, 2003, 12:17:27 AM5/17/03
Alan D. Peters <animem...@email.com> used fists to express:

> "daylight" <do...@24h.co.jp> wrote in message news:6b4de9ee.03051...@posting.google.com...
>> I'm not a native English speaker. So I want to know what anime OP/ED
>> uses the strangest English. please tell me about it, Thanx.

> My favorite is Berserk, "Tell Me Why". Great song, but what are they saying?
> Tokyo Babylon has that strange Beatles-like song "Kiss Kiss".

I'd have to give the nod to Blue Seed's OP, which has the English phrase
"Pick me up foxy night game."

--
David "No Nickname" Crowe jet...@getnet.net

Fight on strong 'till the sun goes down/
Raise your fist and wave it in the air like a flag
-G-Gundam 2nd opening theme "I'll Trust You Forever"

redkanary

May 17, 2003, 2:50:28 AM5/17/03
do...@24h.co.jp (daylight) wrote in message news:<6b4de9ee.03051...@posting.google.com>...

> I'm not a native English speaker. So I want to know what anime OP/ED
> uses the strangest English. please tell me about it, Thanx.

I vote for Blue Seed.

"...pick me up foxy night game!"

-Red

roshnikasumo

May 17, 2003, 3:21:33 AM5/17/03
Hare Nochi Guu has some fairly nonsensical/random english in its songs and
episodes. Although given the series, this could be entirely intentional...

Blade

May 17, 2003, 6:40:12 PM5/17/03

> I'm not a native English speaker. So I want to know what anime OP/ED

> uses the strangest English. please tell me about it, Thanx.

Blue Seed. Without a doubt.

"Pick me up foxy night game!"

Blade

Klyfix

May 18, 2003, 4:58:10 AM5/18/03
In article <ba3ji0$oer$2...@blue.rahul.net>, arro...@violet.rahul.net (Ken
Arromdee) writes:

>Hellsing is one of the worst. It has an entirely English opening that is
>impossible to understand.

>--

Yeah, but it _sounds_ great. :)

V. S. Greene : kly...@aol.com : Boston, near Arkham...
Eckzylon: http://m1.aol.com/klyfix/eckzylon.html
"Death and Poverty love me so much they brought
friends!"-Vash in "Trigun"

Chika

May 18, 2003, 5:18:54 AM5/18/03
> I'm not a native English speaker. So I want to know what anime OP/ED
> uses the strangest English. please tell me about it, Thanx.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned "Fry me to the mun"...

--
//\ // Chika <miyuki at crashnet.org.uk>
// \// MMW Crashnet <crashnet.org.uk>

... LASER : Looking At Source Erases Retina

5parrowhawk

May 18, 2003, 10:01:51 AM5/18/03
Ken Arromdee wrote:
> In article <6b4de9ee.03051...@posting.google.com>,
> daylight <do...@24h.co.jp> wrote:
>
>>I'm not a native English speaker. So I want to know what anime OP/ED
>>uses the strangest English. please tell me about it, Thanx.
>

> Hellsing is one of the worst. It has an entirely English opening that is
> impossible to understand.

Nadesico is a pretty close contender. Er... 'Going your days, grow up'?

- 5parrow

Senor Hache

May 18, 2003, 1:03:47 PM5/18/03
Geez, Chika, what's your damage?

> In article <6b4de9ee.03051...@posting.google.com>,
> daylight <do...@24h.co.jp> wrote:

>> I'm not a native English speaker. So I want to know what anime OP/ED
>> uses the strangest English. please tell me about it, Thanx.
>
> I'm surprised nobody has mentioned "Fry me to the mun"...

It's a _Sinatra_ song. It's actually English, not Engrish.

-Matt/Pickle/Jew-Pac

--
"For someone you love, your feelings for any other people become
insignificant. You can deceive yourself as much as you need."

Wyvern

May 18, 2003, 4:39:20 PM5/18/03

"daylight" <do...@24h.co.jp> wrote in message
> I'm not a native English speaker. So I want to know what anime OP/ED
> uses the strangest English. please tell me about it, Thanx.

How about One Piece? "We are, we are on the cruise! We are! Believe in
Wonderland!"

Yeah.

-Wyvern

Derek Janssen

May 18, 2003, 4:49:16 PM5/18/03
"Jorge R. Frank" wrote:

> The high school basketball anime "Dear Boys" has an opening song that goes
> something like:
>
> Hey guys
> One two three
> Sound of bounce your way now

And I can see I'm going to be the only one on this thread who remembers
the Flash theme to "Cutey Honey", so let's just get it over with... : /

Derek Janssen
dja...@rcn.com

Chibi-Light

May 18, 2003, 10:40:35 PM5/18/03

Don't forget "You get to burning"

CL

Chibi-Light

May 18, 2003, 10:41:16 PM5/18/03
On Sun, 18 May 2003 17:03:47 +0000 (UTC), Senor Hache
<pic...@dramatech.org> wrote:

>Geez, Chika, what's your damage?
>> In article <6b4de9ee.03051...@posting.google.com>,
>> daylight <do...@24h.co.jp> wrote:
>
>>> I'm not a native English speaker. So I want to know what anime OP/ED
>>> uses the strangest English. please tell me about it, Thanx.
>>
>> I'm surprised nobody has mentioned "Fry me to the mun"...
>
>It's a _Sinatra_ song. It's actually English, not Engrish.

*nods* Just when they used it for Eva it became a badly pronounced
Sinatra song. ^_^

Ethan Hammond

May 19, 2003, 12:05:50 AM5/19/03
V V V V V V Victory, Transformers Victory!!!!

Just wild beat communication.

--
All Purpose Cultural Randomness
http://www.angelfire.com/tx/apcr/index.html

Chibi-Light

May 19, 2003, 5:13:36 AM5/19/03
On Mon, 19 May 2003 04:05:50 GMT, "Ethan Hammond"
<esha...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>V V V V V V Victory, Transformers Victory!!!!
>
>Just wild beat communication.

I don't think that counts as Engrish.

Now if Until Strawberry Sherbert were a theme song I'd list that.

daylight

May 19, 2003, 12:13:26 PM5/19/03
Thank you guys. These helped me so much. :)

Andrew Hollingbury

May 20, 2003, 10:24:33 AM5/20/03

"David Watson" <aj...@FreeNet.Carleton.CA> wrote in message

> However, possibly the worst Engrish in Japanese lyrics is the X Japan song
> "Standing Sex" (that title alone should be a warning). Don't drink
> anything while you're reading this or you'll have to wipe up your keyboard
> and monitor: http://www.animelyrics.com/jpop/xjapan/xjssex.htm

So, why DO you have to be ripe? ^_~

Andrew H

Hector Chan

May 20, 2003, 3:03:18 PM5/20/03
do...@24h.co.jp (daylight) wrote in message news:<6b4de9ee.03051...@posting.google.com>...
> I'm not a native English speaker. So I want to know what anime OP/ED
> uses the strangest English. please tell me about it, Thanx.

Here's some:

For "Super Yoyo" (??) (similar to Bakuten Shoot Beyblade, but
featuring a Yoyo tie-in/promotion) (1998)

Someday let's together
I cannot help myself
Someday let's together
Yes to the special place
Someday let's together
Out of mind they said
But I just want to tell you
I don't give a dawn

(yes, they say "Dawn", not "Damn" :P

From "The Humanoid: Love's sad Planet" (1986)

Dance! Dancin' in the Rain!

From Project A-ko III:

Get a Chance (English version, by Caravan with Babe)

Get Leady! (ready) Get Chance Lady!
Jerry dance for me tonight
Your shy heart
Can't get burning night
my Lover
Just like normal dreams
We'll take you sexual action
gonna make a wonderful night
Wonderlady Dancing, Dancing
Your Sweet Voice
cannot show me dreams
my sweetheart
Just like normal dreams
we'll give you midnight present

etc, etc.

Dave Oldridge

May 20, 2003, 5:41:14 PM5/20/03
On 20 May 2003 12:03:18 -0700, mister...@hotmail.com (Hector Chan) wrote:
>do...@24h.co.jp (daylight) wrote in message news:<6b4de9ee.03051...@posting.google.com>...
>> I'm not a native English speaker. So I want to know what anime OP/ED
>> uses the strangest English. please tell me about it, Thanx.

The only one that comes to mind (that I haven't seen posted by anyone
else, unless I missed a post) is the intro to the second season of Hajime no
Ippo.

"I want to dive, lost, mind
I want to dive, lost, mind
I want feeling, I want feeling, Itsumo
I want to dive, lost, mind
I want to dive, lost, mind
Why why why why I want to dive feee-ling, oooo-ver"

TJ Edmister

May 22, 2003, 2:12:44 AM5/22/03
here's another good line

I just keep burning love

from Dancougar I think

(apologies if this turns out to be a multipost, I'm having some PC trouble
at the moment)

Megane

May 23, 2003, 12:32:26 AM5/23/03
do...@24h.co.jp (daylight) wrote:

> I'm not a native English speaker. So I want to know what anime OP/ED
> uses the strangest English. please tell me about it, Thanx.

You will also want to see http://www.engrish.com/ if you haven't already.

SSX

May 23, 2003, 2:37:31 PM5/23/03
On 16 May 2003 13:06:08 -0700, do...@24h.co.jp (daylight) wrote:

>I'm not a native English speaker. So I want to know what anime OP/ED
>uses the strangest English. please tell me about it, Thanx.

I'd have to say that almost any Megumi Hayashibara song with English
lyrics has Engrish, specially Strawberry Sherbet:

Even I can't enjoy your sensous lies
maybe we are playing hide and seek
I love lookin' in your curious eyes
you may be making a tongue-in-cheek
I never can count you out from my life
'cause you are my fatal music

There's also this line from 'It's Destiny':

Hey! Hey! Lay to heart DESTINY!

'Space Lonely Soldier'... (self explanatory title)

Promise you not to lose my heart
Whatever gets on me
(...)
Leave my destination in your hands
'Cause I believe in you
(...)
Don't you never never ever give up
(...)
Feeling your warm heart
Coming back behind the ice-cold mind...

If we go into the Games field, you can find, for example, the opening
of Zone of the Enders 'Kiss Me Sunlights', the title speaks for itself
:P

There's also this line from the op of Rockman X5, 'Monkey', by Moskito
Milk:

Don't make a monkey out of me!

Or Kiss In The Dark by Masami Okui...

Kiss in the dark
never you can't go outside...

But going back into Anime ops and ends, I can name the english version
of 'Type: Wild', one of the endings of Pocket Monsters sung by Rika
Matsumoto. Well, that might not be Engrish but the lyrics are
completely hilarious. Something about wearing these pants everyday...
^^;;

P.S: And, um, hi there. New person. :P

~ssx~ hikari-sama no miko
hikari-labs at tech dot nu
Webmistress of Execute, the ROCKMAN.EXE fanlisting
http://yagami.org/exe
I SUPPORT YUUICHIROU X HARUKA! *hugs plushies*

Hinoken: Yes, mister Wily.
Wily: That's doctor Wily! I didn't go through 6
years of evil medical school to be called
'mister'!
- PlaguedOne