And the Adult Swim "fun" continues...

Captain Nerd

Apr 2, 2006, 12:04:15 AM4/2/06

... with fart sounds during Full Metal Alchemist, too.

Oh. The hilarity. Please. Please. I cannot stand it,
it is so funny. My sides are splitting. Ah. Hah. Hah.

Cap.
(... Hah...)

--
Since 1989, recycling old jokes, cliches, and bad puns, one Usenet
post at a time!

robin-of-lox

Apr 2, 2006, 12:17:01 AM4/2/06

Captain Nerd wrote:
> ... with fart sounds during Full Metal Alchemist, too.
>
> Oh. The hilarity. Please. Please. I cannot stand it,
> it is so funny. My sides are splitting. Ah. Hah. Hah.
>
> Cap.
> (... Hah...)

On Dish Network the shows are all jumbled up on the listing. It said
Inuyasha for the hour (the two about the "dried up demons" in Kagome's
world) before Full Metal, but it ran the Chuck Norris Kommando thing,
then GITS (with the loud farts through the whole episode of GITS).

WTF do they think they are doing? This is supposed to be amusing? I
am NOT amused. This is NOT a good night for anime. If they want to
appeal to pre-teen boys with fart noises then they can do it during the
Toonami block, but NOT Adult Swim, grown-ups watch this.

Robin

Captain Nerd

Apr 2, 2006, 12:20:21 AM4/2/06
In article <1143955021.1...@t31g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
"robin-of-lox" <robin....@gmail.com> wrote:

Unfortunately, grownups are not programming it.

Cap.

The Eternal Lost Lurker

Apr 2, 2006, 12:29:13 AM4/2/06

"robin-of-lox" <robin....@gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Dish Network the shows are all jumbled up on the listing. It said
> Inuyasha for the hour (the two about the "dried up demons" in Kagome's
> world) before Full Metal, but it ran the Chuck Norris Kommando thing,
> then GITS (with the loud farts through the whole episode of GITS).

This does not surprise me. The Williams Street gang act like a bunch of
drunken frat boys 99% of the time.

> WTF do they think they are doing? This is supposed to be amusing? I
> am NOT amused.

It's not supposed to amuse YOU. It's supposed to amuse Williams Street.
That's the entire point of an April Fool's practical joke.

That's also why I hate April Fool's with unbridled passion.

> This is NOT a good night for anime. If they want to
> appeal to pre-teen boys with fart noises then they can do it during the
> Toonami block

You mean the one that didn't exist tonight because they were running Laputa?

> but NOT Adult Swim, grown-ups watch this.

Sometimes I wonder... :P

--
"Sex offender? That's ridiculous.
I've never offended sex in my life!"

The Eternal Lost Lurker

Apr 2, 2006, 12:29:14 AM4/2/06

"robin-of-lox" <robin....@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > ... with fart sounds during Full Metal Alchemist, too.

On the other hand...

...perhaps as an apology for the extended juvenile prank, they just ran the
ENTIRE end credits sequence for FMA, uninterrupted by their lame farting
noises.

Message has been deleted

Juan F. Lara

Apr 2, 2006, 12:07:23 AM4/2/06
In article <cptnerd-E870F8...@news.giganews.com>,

Captain Nerd <cpt...@nerdwatch.com> wrote:
> Oh. The hilarity. Please. Please. I cannot stand it,
> it is so funny. My sides are splitting. Ah. Hah. Hah.

Hmm. Today they're supposed to repeat the NGE episode "Don't Be."
Are they going to make Asuka have brain farts as she's mind raped?

- Juan F. Lara

Asuka: Nobody cares about me anymore.....

S.t.A.n.L.e.E

Apr 2, 2006, 12:46:24 AM4/2/06
Sun, 2 Apr 2006 5:07am-0000, Juan F. Lara <lj...@ces.clemson.edu>:

> In article <cptnerd-E870F8...@news.giganews.com>,
> Captain Nerd <cpt...@nerdwatch.com> wrote:
> > Oh. The hilarity. Please. Please. I cannot stand it,
> > it is so funny. My sides are splitting. Ah. Hah. Hah.

I like the parts in FMA when:
(1) Father Cornelio farts just when Rose moves away from him with dread
(2) instead of explaining himself to Rose, Ed just turns around and farts,
making Rose cry. ^_^

> Hmm. Today they're supposed to repeat the NGE episode "Don't Be."
> Are they going to make Asuka have brain farts as she's mind raped?

Probably not; it's over now.
But that would've suited NGE well in many people's eyes: brain fart!

Anyways, this is to be expected.
Remember the mustaches on Witch Hunter Robin?
But don't fret - the reruns always return to normal.
It's just one time of the year when they can really screw around
........ er, with fans' blessing, at least....
I mean, it's not like Terrance and Phillip's Not Without My Anus, right?

Laters. =)

STan
--
_______ ________ _______ ____ ___ ___ ______ ______
| __|__ __| _ | \ | | | | _____| _____|
| ( _| | http://www.uofr.net/~lostrune/
\ ______| _______ ____ ___
/ \ / \ | _ | \ | |
/ \/ \| _ | |\ |
/___/\/\___|__| |__|___| \ ___|

S.t.A.n.L.e.E

Apr 2, 2006, 12:47:36 AM4/2/06
1 Apr 2006 9:17pm-0800, robin-of-lox <robin....@gmail.com>:

If you expected maturity from Williams Street..... April Fools!

S.t.A.n.L.e.E

Apr 2, 2006, 12:52:51 AM4/2/06
Sun, 2 Apr 2006 5:29am-0000, The Eternal Lost Lurker <kuraebakayarou.lurker...:

> "robin-of-lox" <robin....@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > On Dish Network the shows are all jumbled up on the listing. It said
> > Inuyasha for the hour (the two about the "dried up demons" in Kagome's
> > world) before Full Metal, but it ran the Chuck Norris Kommando thing,
> > then GITS (with the loud farts through the whole episode of GITS).
>
> This does not surprise me. The Williams Street gang act like a bunch of
> drunken frat boys 99% of the time.

That's because they are. Really. ^_^

They're not a bunch of suits; many of them just came out of college.
Heck, some didn't even go to college. ^_^

I guess it's both a bane and what made Adult Swim possible.
(Can you imagine: a bunch of suits with Harvard MBAs creating AS....)

> > but NOT Adult Swim, grown-ups watch this.
>
> Sometimes I wonder... :P

Yeah. Actually, AS is big in colleges, ages 18-24. ^_^

The Eternal Lost Lurker

Apr 2, 2006, 1:16:30 AM4/2/06

"Juan F. Lara" <lj...@ces.clemson.edu> wrote in message

> In article <cptnerd-E870F8...@news.giganews.com>,
> Captain Nerd <cpt...@nerdwatch.com> wrote:
> > Oh. The hilarity. Please. Please. I cannot stand it,
> > it is so funny. My sides are splitting. Ah. Hah. Hah.
>
> Hmm. Today they're supposed to repeat the NGE episode "Don't Be."
> Are they going to make Asuka have brain farts as she's mind raped?

Nope, they pre-empted it for Boo Boo Runs Wild. -_-

Relic

Apr 2, 2006, 1:22:08 AM4/2/06
Captain Nerd wrote:
> ... with fart sounds during Full Metal Alchemist, too.
>
> Oh. The hilarity. Please. Please. I cannot stand it,
> it is so funny. My sides are splitting. Ah. Hah. Hah.
>
> Cap.
> (... Hah...)

Eh, I finally got tired of it and switched it off.
Fortunately my BT of Sazae-san got finished and
watched that (ep 1!). MUCH better...

--
New version of an old favorite!
The Briefcase Fulla Rant!

The Eternal Lost Lurker

Apr 2, 2006, 1:38:38 AM4/2/06

And they're not done yet...

Eva and Bebop replaced with Boo Boo Runs Wild and Mr. T. o.o

Juan F. Lara

Apr 2, 2006, 3:17:45 AM4/2/06
In article <2%JXf.51152$2O6....@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com>,

The Eternal Lost Lurker <kuraebakayaro...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>> Hmm. Today they're supposed to repeat the NGE episode "Don't Be."
>> Are they going to make Asuka have brain farts as she's mind raped?
>
>Nope, they pre-empted it for Boo Boo Runs Wild. -_-

Geez, hasn't Asuka suffered enough?

"Nobody cares for me anymore. Not my mother, not my father. I can't be the
second child anymore. And they replaced me with 'Booboo Runs Wild'."

- Juan F. Lara

lautre...@hotmail.com

Apr 2, 2006, 4:06:13 AM4/2/06
I hope they run it next week. I can't watch the Thursday eps, so I rely
on Sundays to watch Eva. I'll be pretty annoyed if they skip it over.
For a bunch of grad school drop-outs the WS staff never really picked
up that the key to great humor is subtlety.
I really think the best way to deal with this kinda thing though is
like dealing with people in real life who pull shit like this. They
want reaction, don't give them anything other than a sense of jaded
boredom.
"Oh, fart jokes. Well it's to be expected. Now, about GiTS tonight, I
had inklings she was blind..." etc etc.
Getting angry just gets them off. Besides, we all knew this was coming,
eh?

S.t.A.n.L.e.E

Apr 2, 2006, 4:12:33 AM4/2/06
Sun, 2 Apr 2006 6:38am-0000, The Eternal Lost Lurker <kuraebakayarou.lurker...:

> And they're not done yet...
>
> Eva and Bebop replaced with Boo Boo Runs Wild and Mr. T. o.o

And we all know nobody can beat Mr. T! ^_^

http://www.mrtvseverything.com/MrTvs.html

Laters. =)

Stan

S.t.A.n.L.e.E

Apr 2, 2006, 4:28:37 AM4/2/06
2 Apr 2006 12:06am-0800, lautre...@hotmail.com <lautre...@hotmail.com>:

> I hope they run it next week. I can't watch the Thursday eps, so I rely
> on Sundays to watch Eva. I'll be pretty annoyed if they skip it over.
> For a bunch of grad school drop-outs the WS staff never really picked
> up that the key to great humor is subtlety.

But if it's subtle, it won't make as much noise.
(Pardon the pun. ^_^ )

Besides, they are pandering to the college crowd,
who are anything but subtle.

But damn! All these farts had already been done in
Not Without My Anus for April Fools!

> Getting angry just gets them off. Besides, we all knew this was coming,
> eh?

Every year.

ender

Apr 2, 2006, 6:02:28 AM4/2/06
On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 06:22:08 GMT, Relic wrote:

> Eh, I finally got tired of it and switched it off.
> Fortunately my BT of Sazae-san got finished and
> watched that (ep 1!). MUCH better...

Only a few thousand more to go, right? :)

--
< ender ><><><><><><><>◊<><><><><><><>◊<><><><><><><>< e at ena dot si >

Because 10 billion years' time is so fragile, so ephemeral... it arouses
such a bittersweet, almost heartbreaking fondness.

James A. Wolf

Apr 2, 2006, 9:42:11 AM4/2/06
"S.t.A.n.L.e.E" <LostRu...@UofR.SlamSpam.net> wrote:

>They're not a bunch of suits; many of them just came out of college.
>Heck, some didn't even go to college. ^_^
>
>I guess it's both a bane and what made Adult Swim possible.
>(Can you imagine: a bunch of suits with Harvard MBAs creating AS....)

Actually, I could. If they read the demographics carefully
enough. Anyhow, the Williams Street persona and an MBA are not
exclusive. Many a Harvard MBA was a drunken frat boy as an undergrad.
If you doubt me, look at the current (albeit presently sober)
inhabitant of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave!
--

<*> James A. Wolf - james...@comcast.net <*>

"The jawbone of an ass is | |They see threats and perils every-
just as dangerous a weapon| | where except where there are, you
today as in Samson's time | | know, threats and perils.
Richard M. Nixon | | James Lileks

The Eternal Lost Lurker

Apr 2, 2006, 10:18:59 AM4/2/06

"S.t.A.n.L.e.E" <LostRu...@UofR.SlamSpam.net> wrote in message

> > Eva and Bebop replaced with Boo Boo Runs Wild and Mr. T. o.o
>
> And we all know nobody can beat Mr. T! ^_^

Mr. T ate my balls. ;_;

Derek Janssen

Apr 2, 2006, 1:19:42 PM4/2/06
lautre...@hotmail.com wrote:

> I really think the best way to deal with this kinda thing though is
> like dealing with people in real life who pull shit like this. They
> want reaction, don't give them anything other than a sense of jaded
> boredom.
> "Oh, fart jokes. Well it's to be expected. Now, about GiTS tonight, I
> had inklings she was blind..." etc etc.
> Getting angry just gets them off. Besides, we all knew this was coming,
> eh?

They want people to write in, of course:

<Williams Street personal-fantasy mode:>
"How dare you people interfere with our beloved GitS!--That's because
I'm a geeky anime fan who goes to every convention in a Totoro suit, who
thinks it's cool when they grunt on DBZ, I worship these shows on an
altar I polish every day instead of going out with icky human girls, and
I was born without a sense of humor!"

Meanwhile back in the real world, my own reaction was:
"They're *still* trying to get an H-B bashing laff out of 'Mr. T.'
jokes?--Guys, it's been five freakin' years since the Boomerang Final
Solution, let it GO!! 'Boo-Boo Runs Wild' is SO pre-DVD! 0_o? "

Derek Janssen (who would've chuckled once or twice at *some* discordant
sound effect, but once you step on the path to the Howard Stern side...)
eja...@comcast.net

Pete Granzeau

Apr 2, 2006, 2:31:19 PM4/2/06
On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 09:42:11 -0400, James A. Wolf
<james...@comcast.net> wrote:

>"S.t.A.n.L.e.E" <LostRu...@UofR.SlamSpam.net> wrote:
>
>>They're not a bunch of suits; many of them just came out of college.
>>Heck, some didn't even go to college. ^_^
>>
>>I guess it's both a bane and what made Adult Swim possible.
>>(Can you imagine: a bunch of suits with Harvard MBAs creating AS....)
>
> Actually, I could. If they read the demographics carefully
>enough. Anyhow, the Williams Street persona and an MBA are not
>exclusive. Many a Harvard MBA was a drunken frat boy as an undergrad.
>If you doubt me, look at the current (albeit presently sober)
>inhabitant of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave!

He was a drunken Yalie, however, wasn't he?

Message has been deleted

ender

Apr 2, 2006, 4:40:04 PM4/2/06
On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 14:37:07 -0400, shawn wrote:

> That was a good episode. It makes me see how the show might have
> managed to survive for over 30 years and 3000 eps. hope someone will
> either fansub or release more eps. I doubt it will ever get a DVD
> release, but fansubbing is a possibility. Although probably not for
> all of the eps since I doubt they can find copies of every episode.

I'd say it's infinitely easier to find all episodes than to find people
willing to work on them all :)

Relic

Apr 2, 2006, 6:46:57 PM4/2/06
ender wrote:
> On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 06:22:08 GMT, Relic wrote:
>
>> Eh, I finally got tired of it and switched it off.
>> Fortunately my BT of Sazae-san got finished and
>> watched that (ep 1!). MUCH better...
>
> Only a few thousand more to go, right? :)

Yeah, look how much time it took to get the first one ^_^!

Relic

Apr 2, 2006, 6:49:44 PM4/2/06
shawn wrote:

> On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 06:22:08 GMT, Relic <reli...@ameritech.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Captain Nerd wrote:
>>> ... with fart sounds during Full Metal Alchemist, too.
>>>
>>> Oh. The hilarity. Please. Please. I cannot stand it,
>>> it is so funny. My sides are splitting. Ah. Hah. Hah.
>>>
>>> Cap.
>>> (... Hah...)
>>>
>> Eh, I finally got tired of it and switched it off.
>> Fortunately my BT of Sazae-san got finished and
>> watched that (ep 1!). MUCH better...
>
> That was a good episode. It makes me see how the show might have
> managed to survive for over 30 years and 3000 eps. hope someone will
> either fansub or release more eps. I doubt it will ever get a DVD
> release, but fansubbing is a possibility. Although probably not for
> all of the eps since I doubt they can find copies of every episode.

Even given it's age, I found it readily accessible. I hope that
more comes out here before I'm old and gray (Looks in the mirror)
...uh, too late ^_O.

James A. Wolf

Apr 2, 2006, 9:23:08 PM4/2/06
Pete Granzeau <pgra...@cox.net> wrote:

He was a drunken Eli, but his MBA was from Harvard.

Ethan Hammond

Apr 3, 2006, 1:41:18 AM4/3/06
"Captain Nerd" <cpt...@nerdwatch.com> wrote in message

> ... with fart sounds during Full Metal Alchemist, too.
>
> Oh. The hilarity. Please. Please. I cannot stand it,
> it is so funny. My sides are splitting. Ah. Hah. Hah.
>
> Cap.
> (... Hah...)

It was more awesomer that time they drew pictures on
Inu Yasha and what not, WHAT NOT!

April Fools byatch!

--
All Purpose Culture Randomness
http://www.angelfire.com/tx/apcr/index.html

Robert Haynie Jr.

Apr 3, 2006, 3:25:41 AM4/3/06

"The Eternal Lost Lurker" <kuraebakayaro...@sbcglobal.net> wrote
in message news:KiJXf.7478$4L1....@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com...
Glad SOMEONE noticed that-- that perhaps, was the REAL April Fools joke.

Mike Swaim

Apr 3, 2006, 9:33:39 AM4/3/06
S.t.A.n.L.e.E wrote:

> Besides, they are pandering to the college crowd,
> who are anything but subtle.

Especially not at 10:00 on a Saturday night.

--
Mike Swaim sw...@hal-pc.org at home | Quote: "Boingie"^4 Y,W & D
MD Anderson Dept. of Biostatistics & Applied Mathematics

S.t.A.n.L.e.E

Apr 3, 2006, 11:56:39 PM4/3/06
3 Apr 2006 1:33pm-0000, Mike Swaim <mps...@mdanderson.org>:

> S.t.A.n.L.e.E wrote:
>
> > Besides, they are pandering to the college crowd,
> > who are anything but subtle.
>
> Especially not at 10:00 on a Saturday night.

AM or PM, it doesn't matter!

That reminds me, we used to have a sign on our dorm bathroom door:
"Co-Ed after 10pm." ^_-;;

Laters. =)

STan

Roger

Apr 4, 2006, 1:32:31 AM4/4/06
On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 05:52:51 GMT, "S.t.A.n.L.e.E"
<LostRu...@UofR.SlamSpam.net> wrote:

>Sun, 2 Apr 2006 5:29am-0000, The Eternal Lost Lurker <kuraebakayarou.lurker...:
>

>> "robin-of-lox" <robin....@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> > On Dish Network the shows are all jumbled up on the listing. It said
>> > Inuyasha for the hour (the two about the "dried up demons" in Kagome's
>> > world) before Full Metal, but it ran the Chuck Norris Kommando thing,
>> > then GITS (with the loud farts through the whole episode of GITS).
>>
>> This does not surprise me. The Williams Street gang act like a bunch of
>> drunken frat boys 99% of the time.
>>

>That's because they are. Really. ^_^
>
>They're not a bunch of suits; many of them just came out of college.
>Heck, some didn't even go to college. ^_^
>
>I guess it's both a bane and what made Adult Swim possible.
>(Can you imagine: a bunch of suits with Harvard MBAs creating AS....)

Actually...yes.

>> > but NOT Adult Swim, grown-ups watch this.
>>
>> Sometimes I wonder... :P
>>

>Yeah. Actually, AS is big in colleges, ages 18-24. ^_^

It's the content, that survives in spite of the AS presentation, not
because of it.

Roger

>Laters. =)
>
> STan
Roger

S.t.A.n.L.e.E

Apr 5, 2006, 11:29:39 PM4/5/06
Tue, 4 Apr 2006 1:32am-0400, Roger <Delete-Invalli...@tm.net>:

> On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 05:52:51 GMT, "S.t.A.n.L.e.E"
> <LostRu...@UofR.SlamSpam.net> wrote:
>
> >Sun, 2 Apr 2006 5:29am-0000, The Eternal Lost Lurker <kuraebakayarou.lurker...:
> >

> >> "robin-of-lox" <robin....@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> This does not surprise me. The Williams Street gang act like a bunch of
> >> drunken frat boys 99% of the time.
> >>

> >That's because they are. Really. ^_^
> >
> >They're not a bunch of suits; many of them just came out of college.
> >Heck, some didn't even go to college. ^_^
> >
> >I guess it's both a bane and what made Adult Swim possible.
> >(Can you imagine: a bunch of suits with Harvard MBAs creating AS....)
>
> Actually...yes.

Then, shouldn't such like it be more prevalent?
We all know the suits rule everything else.

> >> Sometimes I wonder... :P
> >>

> >Yeah. Actually, AS is big in colleges, ages 18-24. ^_^
>
> It's the content, that survives in spite of the AS presentation, not
> because of it.

Content decided by AS though.

Roger

Apr 6, 2006, 3:22:39 AM4/6/06

Just think how good it could be if they had people with savy in there.

The Eternal Lost Lurker

Apr 6, 2006, 5:39:03 AM4/6/06

"Roger" <Delete-Invalli...@tm.net> wrote in message

> >> It's the content, that survives in spite of the AS presentation, not
> >> because of it.
> >
> >Content decided by AS though.
>
> Just think how good it could be if they had people with savy in there.

Last Exile! Mai-HiME! Maybe--*gasp* SUBTITLED anime showings!

And a whole hell of a lot less of crap like Tom Blows and 12oz Mouse.

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Apr 6, 2006, 7:41:21 PM4/6/06

Actually, it would probably suck harder than an industrial strength
Hoover . . .

--
- ReFlex 76

- "Let's beat the terrorists with our most powerful weapon . . . hot
girl-on-girl action!"

- "The difference between young and old is the difference between
looking forward to your next birthday, and dreading it!"

S.t.A.n.L.e.E

Apr 6, 2006, 10:10:21 PM4/6/06
Thu, 6 Apr 2006 4:41pm-0700, Antonio E. Gonzalez <AntE...@aol.com>:

And there's a good chance there's no anime.
No other MBA-dominated channels show much anime
(unless you count 4Kids... but I'm sure you don't really want to).

Ironically, bean-counters are notorious copycats:
if one of 'em hits a jackpot, they all copy it
(notice all the animal-related CGI animated films set this year).
And yet, not one other MBA has copied Adult Swim's model.
That's because they can't - MBAs don't parse it.

And that's Williams Street's paradox:
they can develop the most insipid shows;
yet they're the ones who show anime.

Laters. =)

Stan

James A. Wolf

Apr 7, 2006, 10:24:23 AM4/7/06
"S.t.A.n.L.e.E" <LostRu...@UofR.SlamSpam.net> wrote:

>And there's a good chance there's no anime.
>No other MBA-dominated channels show much anime
>(unless you count 4Kids... but I'm sure you don't really want to).

Though there is a noticable market for anime, especially
through video. That takes an MBA who can see outside his narrow
channels. So maybe your point is valid.

>Ironically, bean-counters are notorious copycats:
>if one of 'em hits a jackpot, they all copy it

As they say, in Hollywood, everyone wants to be first in line
to be second.

>(notice all the animal-related CGI animated films set this year).

Well, also the fact that CGI is cheaper than cel animation.
It requires much fewer man hours and tedious work.

>And yet, not one other MBA has copied Adult Swim's model.
>That's because they can't - MBAs don't parse it.

I think Spike TV has tried on some level (not to mention G4,
but they're not MBA dominated). But yes, they have no anime. They
have no anime today. They've wiggles, and jiggles and fart jokes
and....

>And that's Williams Street's paradox:
>they can develop the most insipid shows;
>yet they're the ones who show anime.

The problem is the guys who now think that AS is cool and
flock to it. It's like MTV back in the 80s. It beame so hip they
eschewed videos and it's now unwatchable.