Man marries a videogame

dump...@hotmail.com

Nov 25, 2009, 1:13:21 AM11/25/09
"In another sign that the world is about to collapse, multiple blogs
are
reporting that a fan of the Nintendo DS dating sim Love Plus (you
know, the
really creepy one) liked his virtual lady so much that he decided to
marry
her. For real."

See:

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plugged-in/man-marries-a-videogame/1376577

Warewolf

Nov 25, 2009, 1:24:57 PM11/25/09
dump...@hotmail.com wrote in

> "In another sign that the world is about to collapse, multiple blogs
> are reporting that a fan of the Nintendo DS dating sim Love Plus (you
> know, the really creepy one) liked his virtual lady so much that he
> decided to marry her. For real."

I could have a field day with this but I won't. ^_^!

I'll just wish the couple well in their 'endeavors'. \^o^/

(And wonder why this isn't a storyline for a series/OAV) ~_^

Signed,
Warewolf
who can remember having his share of 'cartoon crushes' as well.

Starcade

Nov 25, 2009, 2:49:52 PM11/25/09
> http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plugged-in/man-marries-a-videogame...

This has been proposed for quite some time over in Japan! I seem to
recall that there was a push to actually allow otaku to marry an anime/
manga character in a similar manner a few months ago.

The problem I see with it is who gets to be the "one" otaku who gets
to marry any given character?

Mike

Relic

Nov 25, 2009, 9:37:24 PM11/25/09

"Well, why don't you MARRY a videogame, Henry?"

"Hmmmm..." ^_^

Inu-Yasha

Nov 25, 2009, 11:22:49 PM11/25/09

Without going into any or all the obvious things which one could say
about this, the concept of marrying a character in a video game is just
essentially Stupid with a capital S!!

Inu-Yasha
Feh!! ^_^

Can we say 'Honeymoon challenged?'

B Sellers

Nov 25, 2009, 11:58:35 PM11/25/09

No you said it. Better he should marry a video game character
than involve a real live person in his fantasies.

later
bliss

Relic

Nov 25, 2009, 11:59:39 PM11/25/09

Either that or he's gotta have a helluva imagination ^_^.

Captain Nerd

Nov 26, 2009, 12:08:39 AM11/26/09
In article <4b0e029a$0$5121$9a6e...@unlimited.newshosting.com>,
Inu-Yasha <tjar...@cfl.rr.com> wrote:

I don't know, he could single-handedly change gaming forever...

Cap.

--
Since 1989, recycling old jokes, cliches, and bad puns, one Usenet
post at a time!

dbbrandell

Nov 26, 2009, 3:16:47 AM11/26/09
Starcade wrote:
> On Nov 24, 10:13 pm, dumpst...@hotmail.com wrote:
>> "In another sign that the world is about to collapse, multiple blogs
>> are
>> reporting that a fan of the Nintendo DS dating sim Love Plus (you
>> know, the
>> really creepy one) liked his virtual lady so much that he decided to
>> marry
>> her. For real."

Wonder how they do the blood tests. :)

>> See:
>>
>> http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plugged-in/man-marries-a-videogame...
>
> This has been proposed for quite some time over in Japan! I seem to
> recall that there was a push to actually allow otaku to marry an anime/
> manga character in a similar manner a few months ago.
>
> The problem I see with it is who gets to be the "one" otaku who gets
> to marry any given character?
>
> Mike

In the best romantic tradition, they'd use duels.

Course, they'd want to have video game duels. :) Darn.

I'd better quit before I start giving people over there ideas.

DBB

Inu-Yasha

Nov 26, 2009, 8:19:14 AM11/26/09

Good point, the man (and I'm betting these dinks are all men), would
make poor husband/father material. Of course the father part we don't
need to worry about do we, or can he make game children too?

Inu-Yasha
Feh!!^_^

Inu-Yasha

Nov 26, 2009, 8:21:37 AM11/26/09

Thanks Captain Nerd, only you could take a SERIOUS subject like this and
and make a belly shaking joke about it. Good one. ^__^

Inu-Yasha
Fesh!! ^_^

Dave Watson

Nov 26, 2009, 8:21:39 AM11/26/09

Dibs on Misa from Doukyuusei. Given how old the game/anime is now, she'd
be closer to my age now than all the current favourites. dB)

Watson
Trying to figure out how to kit out an LD cover with a bridal veil and a
Fleshlight (and snickering at the sheer absurdity).

Inu-Yasha

Nov 26, 2009, 8:23:45 AM11/26/09

And the wedding vows, is it death do us part or pull the plug/remove the
batteries?? *__-;

Inu-Yasha
Feh!! ^_^

Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)

Nov 26, 2009, 8:51:52 AM11/26/09

Silly people, that's the new Wii (wee?) controller attachment. The
wedding night will be very interactive!

--
Sea Wasp
/^\

Rob Kelk

Nov 26, 2009, 5:22:47 PM11/26/09
On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 08:19:14 -0500, Inu-Yasha <tjar...@cfl.rr.com>
wrote:

That depends on how good his coding skills are... or whether this is a
hack/(whatever) game.

--
Rob Kelk <http://robkelk.ottawa-anime.org/> e-mail: s/deadspam/gmail/
"I'm *not* a kid! Nyyyeaaah!" - Skuld (in "Oh My Goddess!" OAV #3)

Starcade

Nov 26, 2009, 10:21:30 PM11/26/09
On Nov 25, 8:58 pm, B Sellers <bl...@sfo.com> wrote:

>         No you said it.  Better he should marry a video game character
> than involve a real live person in his fantasies.

I think there are many otaku over there for whom involving a real
female in that might be dangerous to the female.

Mike

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Nov 27, 2009, 2:04:04 AM11/27/09

SNL already went there!:

<http://www.hulu.com/watch/57938/saturday-night-live-wii-guys>

--

- ReFlex76

Alerhys

Nov 27, 2009, 2:13:59 PM11/27/09
In article <Xns9CCE69F5A4EBB...@69.16.185.250>, Warewolf
says...

>(And wonder why this isn't a storyline for a series/OAV) ~_^

So, an update on "Video Girl Ai", then?

--
________
-----\ ^__^

sanjian

Nov 27, 2009, 3:06:34 PM11/27/09
dump...@hotmail.com wrote:
> "In another sign that the world is about to collapse, multiple blogs
> are
> reporting that a fan of the Nintendo DS dating sim Love Plus (you
> know, the
> really creepy one) liked his virtual lady so much that he decided to
> marry
> her. For real."

Not a bad idea. Much less headache.

Warewolf

Nov 27, 2009, 4:21:52 PM11/27/09
Alerhys <hybrid...@gmail.com> wrote in news:20091127-191359.622.0
@Alerhys.news.charter.net:

> In article <Xns9CCE69F5A4EBB...@69.16.185.250>, Warewolf
> says...
>
>>(And wonder why this isn't a storyline for a series/OAV) ~_^
>
> So, an update on "Video Girl Ai", then?

That's one of the possibilities (that I wasn't going to post)... ^_^!

Then again, would DS(i), DX or EX be more appropriate?

Signed,
Warewolf
who can only imagine the lines the title character would spout...

'Wow, you were right. Smashing buildings *is* fun.'

'Oh hey, Liz.'
----
'Hey, I can wear shorts and a light-blue shirt too.'
----
*she sees a sexy girl through the console's camera*

'What does she have that I don't?'

Boy: No volume control.
----
'Touching isn't *always* good, you know!!'
----
[The top screen shows a certain blue pixie]
[trying to get a piece of scotch tape off of her mouth]

'Where do they hire these people?'
----

(It's official. I have hit a new low)

Rob Kelk

Nov 27, 2009, 9:27:15 PM11/27/09
On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 21:21:52 GMT, Warewolf <warewol...@shaw.ca>
wrote:

>Alerhys <hybrid...@gmail.com> wrote in news:20091127-191359.622.0
>@Alerhys.news.charter.net:
>
>> In article <Xns9CCE69F5A4EBB...@69.16.185.250>, Warewolf
>> says...
>>
>>>(And wonder why this isn't a storyline for a series/OAV) ~_^
>>
>> So, an update on "Video Girl Ai", then?
>
>That's one of the possibilities (that I wasn't going to post)... ^_^!
>
>Then again, would DS(i), DX or EX be more appropriate?

Well, I know I keep thinking "DS" stands for "Dark Schneider", so that
one's sort-of got an anime reference already...

Galen

Nov 29, 2009, 3:01:21 PM11/29/09

Story

In the 21st century, noted scientist and computer engineer Doc
Yoshiyama had succeeded in creating the world's most advanced
Artificial Intelligence. He called his creation "C-Life" and managed
to make her aware, thinking, and feeling. However, he soon found
himself in love with this C-Life girl and wanted to be closer to her,
so he digitized and uploaded himself into his computer core, where the
two "made love" by combining his DNA and her program core. The end
result of their love was the birth of a half-human, half C-Life boy
named "Pulseman". Pulseman was unique in that he didn't need to remain
inside a computer to survive, and had the power to channel electricity
through his body, using it both as a weapon and as a means of quick
transport through the power of "Voltteccer".

Unfortunately, living in the computer world for so long twisted Doc
Yoshiyama's mind, corrupting his brainwaves and his body. Doc
Yoshiyama emerged back into the human world, but twisted and changed
into the evil Doc Waruyama. Now, Doc Waruyama establishes the Galaxy
Gang, spreading a new wave of cyber-terrorism across the world, and
Pulseman must fight his own father and put an end to his gang for the
sake of the free world.

Alerhys

Nov 27, 2009, 2:06:19 PM11/27/09
In article <Xns9CCE69F5A4EBB...@69.16.185.250>, Warewolf
says...

>(And wonder why this isn't a storyline for a series/OAV) ~_^

So, an update on "Video Girl Ai", then?

Alerhys

Nov 27, 2009, 2:00:46 PM11/27/09