[DBZ] Dragonball Z -- Los Angeles Time Slot

Wuken

Sep 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/11/96

I find it rather odd that no one has announced the time slot for Dragonball Z
in Los Angeles yet. Am I the only person here who is keeping an eye on
this and is excited on seeing the debut? Hmmm... anyhow, without further
ado...

The newest issue of TV Guide, which covers the week of September 14-20,
1996, recently printed the time slot for Dragonball Z here in Los Angeles.
Here's what the magazine had to say:

Dragon Ball Z (syndicated, debuted September 7)
"A roly-poly boy is mankind's last, best hope against
aliens bent on conquering Earth. The mystical adventure
series is adapted from a phenomenally successful Japanese
cartoon."

"An animated series about an intrepid team battling an evil
force sent to Earth to find seven magical spheres, which
together grant the owner one wish."

A "roly-poly" boy? Sheesh, they make it sound like Son Gokuh is a member
of the Big Bad Beetle Borgs or part of the Dragon Flyz cartoon. And as
you can see, it is INDEED syndicated, contrary to what you might have
heard earlier. The time slot for Los Angeles is the following:

KCAL-TV, Channel 9
Saturdays at 6:30 a.m.

The first episode debuts on September 14th. The above remark from TV Guide
about it debuting on September 7th is a misprint. When it does premiere, I
will write up a review and critique of the first episode for those of you
that might miss it. Here's hoping it isn't as awful as what my friends who
have seen the promotional videos have said...

+==========================+========================================+
| Wuken | "Ore wa omae no kyodai da!!" |
| mailto:sabe...@ucla.edu | -- Cell, Dragonball Z anime |
+==========================+========+===============================+
| http://www.dragonfire.net/~Wuken/ | Dragonball Z Liberation Front |
| Dragonball Z Images | Honorary Pilaf Lackey |
| Dragonball [Z][GT] Music Clips | Victim of #db sadomasochists |
+===================================+===============================+

Jinzo17

Sep 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/14/96

In article
<sabesami-110...@msa-4328-mac-10.oac-commons.ucla.edu>,
sabe...@ucla.edu (Wuken) writes:

>The above remark from TV Guide
>about it debuting on September 7th is a misprint.

Actually, it did premier on the 7th in some areas. I don't know why the
discrepancies, but someone in the DBFC already said that a friend saw the
NA versions premier last weekend.

The reviewer indicated it wasn't bad.

Android 17

{Distributer of SM fandub for NE USA. For info:
http://www.netcom.com/~jetwolf/slrmoon.html}
Vegeta: I'd rather die than fuse with you!
Gokou: Vegeta, you're already dead!