"The boy and the heron"

Spiros Bousbouras

Jan 18, 2024, 9:53:19 AMJan 18
I thought it was ok. The story was a bit incoherent or meandering ,
somewhat like watching a dream rather than just a fairy tale. For this
reason it would be hard and probably pointless to give a plot summary ,
best to go at it fresh. Various strands come together at the end but not
enough to justify everything which has happened earlier. Still , I found
the ending satisfying. Perhaps there are various kinds of symbolism
behind the happenings (and the images and the creatures) but I don't
have any specific interpretation in mind. The visuals are nice but I
didn't see anything which made me go "wow". There isn't a lot of
dialogue so , even if you have to read subtitles , you will still have
plenty of time to pay attention to the images. The music I found
indifferent for the most part with a few parts that I liked.

--
vlaho.ninja/menu

septemberEnds0

Feb 18, 2024, 5:16:41 AMFeb 18
Would you still recommend it overall? If so, was there any particular
element or scene that really 'made' it for you?

I have yet to watch this one, but have been wanting to just because
Ghibli movies are my childhood

Spiros Bousbouras

Feb 18, 2024, 11:06:53 AMFeb 18
Without knowing something about someone's tastes or schedule , I can't
recommend or not recommend anything. Some scenes look nicer than others
but beyond that no.

> I have yet to watch this one, but have been wanting to just because
> Ghibli movies are my childhood

That seems to me a good reason to watch it. Don't get your expectations up ,
keep in mind the issues I mention in my opening post and you won't be
disappointed. I can't imagine anyone hating it.