A question of BLIND FAITH in Disney and P. Mononoke

ryb

Nov 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/6/97

To all the yeah sayers of Disney as being the greatest in the
world,well I can understand Americans for peddling their cultural crap
to the world(Disney,Mac Donald,Wall Mart,K-marts,etc..)as it means BIG
$$$ for them...

I will even go further-a computer animated cartoon like REBOOT or
even Donkey Kong cannot be produced or conceived by
Americans..(considering that the Canadian culture is but an appendage
to the American one..)

Which means, who's minding the store while Disney is so-called
translating P.Mononoke ?

Who is putting into English the dialogues from the Japanese version
? Maybe the good ole boys from DiC that did a hatchet job on Sailor
Moon are being recycled by Disney(as experts in the matter(shudder))?

As Americans tend to trivialize everything and make simple things
simpler and more utilitarian than need to be...As Japanese is a
complex language I am sure we will have in the English version,what ?

Also Disney will show advance previews of P. Mononoke to test
audiences and tend to choose the more innocent version,a sort of a
joke a minute,add needless confrontation to the dialogues,etc..that is
called creative differences..

Disney will put in the most insipid dialogues,even if it does not
make sense,also put in asinine songs with empty lyrics...even might
redo the music,songs to dedramatize the context of the film..they
could change the background colors to make it less "dark" but they
might not be allowe dto do this...

Disney can make from that film a totally different one just by
rewriting the dialogues..as the Japanese see the YENS($$$) flash
before their eyes they will not mind..

Finally,if Disney is so keen on animes ,were are they showing them
on their Disney channel and on their family(ABC) channel ?

Yours,ryb...

P.S. Cultural imperialism exist and the Americans are the lords and
masters in this;they want to totally control the planet,so to impose
their American/Disney values..They are already doing it with their
fast food outlets,American junk/crap stores,consumerism
habits,imposing their food values,their ideas of medecine,their ways
of implementing technology..thus last rampart is the cultural
barrier...And that too is fading away as U.S English is the
international language of the NET and of the world.Also in next to all
countries ENGLISH is being imposed as the 2nd language..in Europe,in
Quebec(yes,even here-from grade one onwards and if you do nto know it
you do NOT graduate),in Japan,China,etc...in short making the American
mentality the way of the Earth...

This simply means that Disney and their cohorts will raid all major
Japanese anime studios and bring them back to US to produce Disney
crap or adult crap or teen crap and the essence of the Japanese
spirit of animes will be loss ...(or hopelessly polluted by the
Americans)..

N.B. Too anti-American? No,just a realist..see how they treat their
own cultural minorities like in Puerto Rico,colonies in
Guam,natives,etc...Chicanos in Southern U.S.And tha tis discounting
their racial minorities(like in the ABC infamous Cinderella-the
prince,of course was not white/white,of course...)

Arnold Kim

Nov 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/6/97

ryb wrote:

This looks like fun.

> To all the yeah sayers of Disney as being the greatest in the
> world,well I can understand Americans for peddling their cultural crap
> to the world(Disney,Mac Donald,Wall Mart,K-marts,etc..)as it means BIG
> $$$ for them...

Yes, we think Disney is the greatest in the world, yadda yadda....Now what does
American culture being spread have to do with the international release of a _japanese_
film?

> I will even go further-a computer animated cartoon like REBOOT or
> even Donkey Kong cannot be produced or conceived by
> Americans..(considering that the Canadian culture is but an appendage
> to the American one..)

OH MY GOD! Is this another unsupported belief by ryb? NO WAY!

> Which means, who's minding the store while Disney is so-called
> translating P.Mononoke ?
>
> Who is putting into English the dialogues from the Japanese version
> ? Maybe the good ole boys from DiC that did a hatchet job on Sailor
> Moon are being recycled by Disney(as experts in the matter(shudder))?

Or, maybe it's someone else.

Listen. DISNEY WANTS GOOD DUBS. BAD DUBS DON'T MAKE MONEY.

> As Americans tend to trivialize everything and make simple things
> simpler and more utilitarian than need to be...As Japanese is a
> complex language I am sure we will have in the English version,what ?

And how will translation be any different that other anime titles?

> Also Disney will show advance previews of P. Mononoke to test
> audiences and tend to choose the more innocent version,a sort of a
> joke a minute,add needless confrontation to the dialogues,etc..that is
> called creative differences..

It's called a mistranslation. And even if they wrer contractually able to, there's still the
violence which can't be edited out. Therefore, sillier dialog won't have any bearing on the
rating. And also, Innocent dialog wouldn't make sense with all the violence around it.
Even Disney would realize this is stupid.

> Disney will put in the most insipid dialogues,even if it does not
> make sense,also put in asinine songs with empty lyrics...even might
> redo the music,songs to dedramatize the context of the film..they
> could change the background colors to make it less "dark" but they
> might not be allowe dto do this...

Apparently, you:
1) are a psychic and know Disney's every move, since you fail to back up on your
assertions, and
2) have some ultra-sper-secret access to the _real_ contract, and was able to spot a little bit
of fine print that Disney added that evidently evaded the Ghibli people.

THEY CANNOT CHANGE THE MUSIC. THEY CAN'T ADD SONGS. THEY
CAN'T CHANGE THE BACKGROUND COLORS. THEY CAN'T CHANGE THE
MOVIE!!!

> Disney can make from that film a totally different one just by
> rewriting the dialogues..as the Japanese see the YENS($$$) flash
> before their eyes they will not mind..

What does "translation" mean to you? Apparently, you seem to think all it means is when
any statement in one language is changed into a statement in another language. They are
supposed to TRANSLATE Mononoke Hime.

> Finally,if Disney is so keen on animes ,were are they showing them
> on their Disney channel and on their family(ABC) channel ?

Maybe because anime isn't yet a big enough ratings draw?

> P.S. Cultural imperialism exist and the Americans are the lords and
> masters in this;they want to totally control the planet,so to impose

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!!

RUN! AMERICANS ARE TAKING OVER THE PLANET! AAAAHH!!

Get a GRIP!

> their American/Disney values..They are already doing it with their
> fast food outlets,American junk/crap stores,consumerism
> habits,imposing their food values,their ideas of medecine,their ways
> of implementing technology..

NO ryb, You're not PARANOID now, are you?

thus last rampart is the cultural
> barrier...And that too is fading away as U.S English is the
> international language of the NET and of the world.

Because America is a large world power? Far from wanting to "take over the world".

> This simply means that Disney and their cohorts will raid all major
> Japanese anime studios and bring them back to US to produce Disney
> crap or adult crap or teen crap and the essence of the Japanese
> spirit of animes will be loss ...(or hopelessly polluted by the
> Americans)..

Do you have ANY proof of this???

> N.B. Too anti-American? No,just a realist..see how they treat their

A REALIST???

> own cultural minorities like in Puerto Rico,colonies in
> Guam,natives,etc...Chicanos in Southern U.S.And tha tis discounting
> their racial minorities(like in the ABC infamous Cinderella-the
> prince,of course was not white/white,of course...)

And what's wrong with that?

Geez, ryb. You've gone from "Disney will fuck up Mononoke Hime" to "America will
take over the earth"...

Please continue to be as rediculous as you are, because you are so much fun to read...

Arnold Kim
literally burst out laughing reading this one...

AnitaBath

Nov 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/6/97

ryb wrote:

> To all the yeah sayers of Disney as being the greatest in the
> world,well I can understand Americans for peddling their cultural crap
> to the world(Disney,Mac Donald,Wall Mart,K-marts,etc..)as it means BIG
> $$$ for them...
> I will even go further-a computer animated cartoon like REBOOT or
> even Donkey Kong cannot be produced or conceived by Americans..

**Much was snipped to spare your sanity.**

> Yours,ryb...

> P.S. Cultural imperialism exist and the Americans are the lords and
> masters in this;they want to totally control the planet,so to impose

> their American/Disney values..They are already doing it with their
> fast food outlets,American junk/crap stores,consumerism
> habits,imposing their food values,their ideas of medecine,their ways
> of implementing technology..

Bwahahaha..ha.ha..That's right! Eat our burgers, drink our sodas, and
buy our "Thigh-masters" because we Americans are the lords of this
world! We won't rest until every human on the planet uses the "Clapper"
to turn off his lights! Bwaahaahaa...

>thus last rampart is the cultural
> barrier...And that too is fading away as U.S English is the

> international language of the NET and of the world.Also in next to all
> countries ENGLISH is being imposed as the 2nd language..in Europe,in
> Quebec(yes,even here-from grade one onwards and if you do nto know it
> you do NOT graduate)

Oh? Then you must not have graduated because we'll need some subtitles
to make some sense of your ramblings.

> This simply means that Disney and their cohorts will raid all major
> Japanese anime studios and bring them back to US to produce Disney
> crap or adult crap or teen crap and the essence of the Japanese
> spirit of animes will be loss ...(or hopelessly polluted by the
> Americans)..
>

> N.B. Too anti-American? No,just a realist..

More like real-ass. What the hell has this guy been smoking?

xzm./,cmxz./,cmxz./,cm.zx,/cm/zx.,cmzx/.,cmz.x/cm,.zx/cmzx/.c,mxz/.,cmzx./,cmxz,./cmzx./,cmzx./,cmxz./,cmzx./cmxz./,cmxz/.cmzx/.,cmxz./cmxz/c,XZ?CM<.xzczCMC./Cmxz/.cmxz/.cmxz./mc/zx.,mc/xzm.cZ?XCM,zx/mc,xzcm/,.xzmc,

Mike Powers

Nov 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/6/97

On Thu, 06 Nov 1997 00:13:13 -0500, Arnold Kim <ki...@erols.com> wrote:

>NO ryb, You're not PARANOID now, are you?

Naw, he's just from Quebec. Dream Pod Nine's from there, but that's
about the only good thing.

Mike Powers

Joe Gerber

Nov 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/6/97

It was with a bemused expression on my face that on Thu, 06 Nov 1997
00:13:13 -0500, I read Arnold Kim <ki...@erols.com> write:

<note quote changed to '=', because I wanted to keep as much as ryb's
masterpiece intact as possible>
=ryb wrote:
=
=This looks like fun.

Personally, I never read ryb's actual posts--I leave it to other
people to try and figure out what in the hell he said.
=
=> To all the yeah sayers of Disney as being the greatest in the
=> world,well I can understand Americans for peddling their cultural
crap
=> to the world(Disney,Mac Donald,Wall Mart,K-marts,etc..)as it means
BIG
=> $$$ for them...
=
=Yes, we think Disney is the greatest in the world, yadda yadda....Now
what does
=American culture being spread have to do with the international
release of a _japanese_
=film?

And I didn't know that WalMart or K-Mart existed in Japan.
=
=> I will even go further-a computer animated cartoon like REBOOT or
=> even Donkey Kong cannot be produced or conceived by
=> Americans..(considering that the Canadian culture is but an
appendage
=> to the American one..)
=
=OH MY GOD! Is this another unsupported belief by ryb? NO WAY!

What--you didn't know that Québec was a fully independent country,
unlike the rest of Canada, which is in league with the evil Anglos
(Americans)? And I have *no* idea what he was trying to say--if
"Canadian culture is but an appendage to the American one", and "a
computer animated cartoon like REBOOT...cannot be produced...by
Americans"; then where does "REBOOT" come from, Antartica?

=> As Americans tend to trivialize everything and make simple things
=> simpler and more utilitarian than need to be...As Japanese is a
=> complex language I am sure we will have in the English version,what
?
=
=And how will translation be any different that other anime titles?

Don't you know that other anime titles are, in fact, translated by
trained hamsters working in Taiwanese sweat shops, and not by people
in the US like Neil S. Nadelman? (That's a joke, Neil. Although it
wouldn't surprise me too damn much if ryb believes it.)
=
=> Also Disney will show advance previews of P. Mononoke to test
=> audiences and tend to choose the more innocent version,a sort of a
=> joke a minute,add needless confrontation to the dialogues,etc..that
is
=> called creative differences..
=
=It's called a mistranslation. And even if they wrer contractually

able to, there's still the

=>violence which can't be edited out. Therefore, sillier dialog won't

have any bearing on the

=rating. And also, Innocent dialog wouldn't make sense with all the
violence around it.
=Even Disney would realize this is stupid.

You know, I'm of the opinion that ryb fully realizes this, but is
hoping that Disney will hack it just simply to see them crushed in
court.
=
=> Disney will put in the most insipid dialogues,even if it does not
=> make sense,also put in asinine songs with empty lyrics...even might
=> redo the music,songs to dedramatize the context of the film..they
=> could change the background colors to make it less "dark" but they
=> might not be allowe dto do this...
=
=Apparently, you:
=1) are a psychic and know Disney's every move, since you fail to back
up on your
=assertions, and
=2) have some ultra-sper-secret access to the _real_ contract, and was

able to spot a little bit

=of fine print that Disney added that evidently evaded the Ghibli
people.

3) have access to the Cancer Man, John Kennedy, and Elvis.

=> P.S. Cultural imperialism exist and the Americans are the lords and
=> masters in this;they want to totally control the planet,so to
impose
=
=HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!!
=
=RUN! AMERICANS ARE TAKING OVER THE PLANET! AAAAHH!!
=
=Get a GRIP!

See also my Cancer Man et al comment above.
=
=> their American/Disney values..They are already doing it with their
=> fast food outlets,American junk/crap stores,consumerism
=> habits,imposing their food values,their ideas of medecine,their
ways
=> of implementing technology..
=
=NO ryb, You're not PARANOID now, are you?

See also my Cancer Man et al comment above. ^_^
=
=thus last rampart is the cultural
=> barrier...And that too is fading away as U.S English is the
=> international language of the NET and of the world.
=
=Because America is a large world power? Far from wanting to "take
over the world".

I know--lets put him in a closed room with right-wing
survivialist-extremists! That's about the intelligence level of his
post(s).

=Geez, ryb. You've gone from "Disney will fuck up Mononoke Hime" to
"America will
=take over the earth"...
=
=Please continue to be as rediculous as you are, because you are so
much fun to read...

Hey, he hasn't even started on the need for a "24 hour all anime/manga
channel", or how we (as an Internet community) need to change our web
sites to reflect this philosophy!

Joe

Peter Yao

Nov 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/6/97

In article <34611843...@news.total.net>, r...@colba.net (ryb) wrote:

<snip>

That's it guys. The gig is up. ryb has figured out our American CAPITALIST
plans for WORLD DOMINATION. It's true, ryb- we all love Disney, we're all
racist, we're all out to rule the world. We want to spread the Disney
DISEASE to all nations, because we were all born EVIL. And guess who's next
on our list for assimilation? YOU. ::chants "It's a small world"::

--
The wise make proverbs and fools repeat them.
-- Isaac D'Israeli

Ru Igarashi

Nov 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/6/97

ryb (r...@colba.net) wrote:
> To all the yeah sayers of Disney as being the greatest in the
>world,well I can understand Americans for peddling their cultural crap
>to the world(Disney,Mac Donald,Wall Mart,K-marts,etc..)as it means BIG
>$$$ for them...

You know, the irony behind this is that I think half of those he
thinks are Disney supporters actually don't like the direction,
writing, and/or characterizations of Disney features. For example,
he probably thinks I'm a Disney supporter for telling him that
he better wait until we get some hard information and that Disney
is contractually obligated to not mess with Ghibli features, yet
I don't watch Disney features or most American cartoons even (not
even the Simpsons), I don't like the song-and-dance, I don't like
the cutifications, I don't like the happifications, etc.

> I will even go further-a computer animated cartoon like REBOOT or

>even Donkey Kong cannot be produced or conceived by

>Americans..(considering that the Canadian culture is but an appendage

>to the American one..)

Donkey Kong, I haven't seen. Reboot is nothing to celebrate over,
and the CG Transformers is worse. I consider these to be no better
than what you consider to be inferior American animations.

> Which means, who's minding the store while Disney is so-called
>translating P.Mononoke ?

I'd like Disney to be more forthright, too...BUT YOU ARE GOING ABOUT
IT IN TOTALLY THE WRONG WAY, RYB.

> As Americans tend to trivialize everything and make simple things

>simpler and more utilitarian than need to be...As Japanese is a

>complex language I am sure we will have in the English version,what ?

Gee, does that mean that AnimEigo trivialized and simplified its
anime releases. No. Does that mean Disney will. No. Does that
mean Disney won't. No. Do we really have any information? No.

[baseless statements about Disney definitely hacking Ghibli stuff deleted]

[rant about imperialim deleted]
That last rant sounded like total paranoid lunacy. Ok, now I'm
starting to believe he's trolling.

ru

Arnold Kim

Nov 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/6/97

DamienRoc wrote:

> > To all the yeah sayers of Disney as being the greatest in the
> >world,well I can understand Americans for peddling their cultural crap
> >to the world(Disney,Mac Donald,Wall Mart,K-marts,etc..)as it means BIG
> >$$$ for them...
>
> That's it. I'll hop on over to Namibia, pick out the latest Disney video at the
> local Wall Mart, walk into a McDonalds, and eat my lunch.
> Sure...

Oh, but don't you know? ryb knows everything. I mean, if he doesn't support any of
what he says with fact, so his statements themselves must be fact!!^_^

> > I will even go further-a computer animated cartoon like REBOOT or
> >even Donkey Kong cannot be produced or conceived by
> >Americans..(considering that the Canadian culture is but an appendage
> >to the American one..)
>

> And this connects to your first comment... how? (Also, since both those shows
> were produced in the US, IIRC, what are you talking about.)

Wow, ryb sounds incoherent? Really?

> > Which means, who's minding the store while Disney is so-called
> >translating P.Mononoke ?
>

> Well, first of all, how does this connect to your first comment... or your
> second? Also, how big is Disney? (Evidently large enough to control the world,
> but not large enough to walk and chew bubble gum at the same time.)

He must think that Eisner is the richest batard in the world, or sometuhing...

> > Who is putting into English the dialogues from the Japanese version
> >? Maybe the good ole boys from DiC that did a hatchet job on Sailor
> >Moon are being recycled by Disney(as experts in the matter(shudder))?
>

> That's it, put out the producers for Sailor Moon by the road side. And Disney
> will pick em up, work with em, and out they come, just like new.
> Or maybe Disney is hiring people who can do the job so they won't get sued.
> Maybe Disney is going to think about "Hmm, this has a totally different target
> audience than SM, and we'll get sued if we hack a second off of it, so we
> should probably handle it differently."
> No, that's just too hard to believe.

But don't you know? Disney is incompetent! Conniving enough to make millions of
bucks profit and create a master plan to take over the world, yet too stupid to do good
business and seriously crap on the product they release.

> > As Americans tend to trivialize everything and make simple things
> >simpler and more utilitarian than need to be...As Japanese is a
> >complex language I am sure we will have in the English version,what ?
>

> Wow, last time I checked, English was the more complex language. And, last time
> I checked, making things simpler is usually a good thing. Efficiency, you
> know, it tends to be good.

Actually, I think ryb himself should easily know how complex english can be...^_^

> > Also Disney will show advance previews of P. Mononoke to test

> >audiences and tend to choose the more innocent version,a sort of a

> >joke a minute,add needless confrontation to the dialogues,etc..that is

> >called creative differences..
>
> They WILL? It IS??? Wow, ryb, where'd you get your crystal ball? Wall Mart?
> K-Mart? I wanna get one!

Apparently at one of those K-marts/Wal marts that have contaminated the rest of the
planet with American culture...

> ryb = realist
>
> BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
>
> I haven't laughed this hard since the A/V wars.

I think I laughed even harder this time...

No comedy is funnier than a thread with ryb in it. Maybe he should tag his posts
[HUMOR] from now on...^_^

Arnold Kim
tired from laughing...

DamienRoc

Nov 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/7/97

>That's it guys. The gig is up. ryb has figured out our American CAPITALIST
>plans for WORLD DOMINATION. It's true, ryb- we all love Disney, we're all
>racist, we're all out to rule the world. We want to spread the Disney
>DISEASE to all nations, because we were all born EVIL. And guess who's next
>on our list for assimilation? YOU. ::chants "It's a small world"::

Resistance is futile.

Damien Roc
Umi's Champion
Nuriko's Honor Guard
Damien R...@aol.com
The Umi carries
It's beauty and grace with the
Girl who bears its name
(by Tsurugi ^_^)

DamienRoc

Nov 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/7/97

>[rant about imperialim deleted]
>That last rant sounded like total paranoid lunacy. Ok, now I'm
>starting to believe he's trolling.

Oh, but it's such fun trolling. Where else could we learn this stuff?
Supermarket tabloids only come one once a week. ryb posts almost every day!

DamienRoc

Nov 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/7/97

> To all the yeah sayers of Disney as being the greatest in the
>world,well I can understand Americans for peddling their cultural crap
>to the world(Disney,Mac Donald,Wall Mart,K-marts,etc..)as it means BIG
>$$$ for them...

That's it. I'll hop on over to Namibia, pick out the latest Disney video at the
local Wall Mart, walk into a McDonalds, and eat my lunch.
Sure...

> I will even go further-a computer animated cartoon like REBOOT or

>even Donkey Kong cannot be produced or conceived by
>Americans..(considering that the Canadian culture is but an appendage
>to the American one..)

And this connects to your first comment... how? (Also, since both those shows
were produced in the US, IIRC, what are you talking about.)

> Which means, who's minding the store while Disney is so-called
>translating P.Mononoke ?

Well, first of all, how does this connect to your first comment... or your
second? Also, how big is Disney? (Evidently large enough to control the world,
but not large enough to walk and chew bubble gum at the same time.)

> Who is putting into English the dialogues from the Japanese version

>? Maybe the good ole boys from DiC that did a hatchet job on Sailor
>Moon are being recycled by Disney(as experts in the matter(shudder))?

That's it, put out the producers for Sailor Moon by the road side. And Disney
will pick em up, work with em, and out they come, just like new.
Or maybe Disney is hiring people who can do the job so they won't get sued.
Maybe Disney is going to think about "Hmm, this has a totally different target
audience than SM, and we'll get sued if we hack a second off of it, so we
should probably handle it differently."
No, that's just too hard to believe.

> As Americans tend to trivialize everything and make simple things

>simpler and more utilitarian than need to be...As Japanese is a
>complex language I am sure we will have in the English version,what ?

Wow, last time I checked, English was the more complex language. And, last time
I checked, making things simpler is usually a good thing. Efficiency, you
know, it tends to be good.

> Also Disney will show advance previews of P. Mononoke to test

>audiences and tend to choose the more innocent version,a sort of a
>joke a minute,add needless confrontation to the dialogues,etc..that is
>called creative differences..

They WILL? It IS??? Wow, ryb, where'd you get your crystal ball? Wall Mart?
K-Mart? I wanna get one!

> Disney will put in the most insipid dialogues,even if it does not

>make sense,also put in asinine songs with empty lyrics...even might

>redo the music,songs to dedramatize the context of the film..they

>could change the background colors to make it less "dark" but they

>might not be allowe dto do this...

And this would be a good idea... why?

> Disney can make from that film a totally different one just by
>rewriting the dialogues..as the Japanese see the YENS($$$) flash
>before their eyes they will not mind..

What's a "YENS($$$)"?
And where in the contract does it explicitly allow Disney to "rewrite the
dialogue"? Nowhere, IIRC.

> Finally,if Disney is so keen on animes ,were are they showing them
>on their Disney channel and on their family(ABC) channel ?

Possibly because they don't have anything to show yet?

> Yours,ryb...

>P.S. Cultural imperialism exist and the Americans are the lords and

>masters in this;they want to totally control the planet,so to impose

>their American/Disney values..They are already doing it with their

>fast food outlets,American junk/crap stores,consumerism

>habits,imposing their food values,their ideas of medecine,their ways

>of implementing technology..thus last rampart is the cultural

>barrier...And that too is fading away as U.S English is the

>international language of the NET and of the world.Also in next to all
>countries ENGLISH is being imposed as the 2nd language..in Europe,in
>Quebec(yes,even here-from grade one onwards and if you do nto know it

>you do NOT graduate),in Japan,China,etc...in short making the American
>mentality the way of the Earth...

So capitalism DOES work! What a concept.

> This simply means that Disney and their cohorts will raid all major
>Japanese anime studios and bring them back to US to produce Disney
>crap or adult crap or teen crap and the essence of the Japanese
>spirit of animes will be loss ...(or hopelessly polluted by the
>Americans)..

"I told you to get in there and BURN those cels, soldier! Do you want Uncle
Walt on your ass???"
"Uh, no sir. Not at all sir. It's just, I thought that, after the last war,
Japan was our ally."
"Their animation is CRAP, you hear me? CRAP! It is our God-given duty to
obliterate it!"
"That's very puritan of you, sir."
"Thank you, soldier."

>N.B. Too anti-American? No,just a realist..see how they treat their

>own cultural minorities like in Puerto Rico,colonies in
>Guam,natives,etc...Chicanos in Southern U.S.And tha tis discounting
>their racial minorities(like in the ABC infamous Cinderella-the
>prince,of course was not white/white,of course...)

ryb = realist

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I haven't laughed this hard since the A/V wars.

Damien Roc

Farix

Nov 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/7/97

DamienRoc <dami...@aol.com> wrote in article
<19971107224...@ladder01.news.aol.com>...

> >> That's it. I'll hop on over to Namibia, pick out the latest Disney
video at
> the
> >> local Wall Mart, walk into a McDonalds, and eat my lunch.
> >> Sure...
>
> >Oh, but don't you know? ryb knows everything. I mean, if he doesn't
support
> any >of
> >what he says with fact, so his statements themselves must be fact!!^_^
>
> Hmm...
> ryb on one side...
> Dylan Alexander on the other...
> Dylan appears on the ng, loses one of his online accounts, and disappears
after
> a brief return...
> ryb shows up a couple of months later...
>
> This CAN'T be a coincidence.

Well, here are a few things I know about him from his earlier post to
alt.fan.sailor-moon

"ryb" is an acronym.
claims no to be heterosexual.
anti-heterosexual
anti-male
anti-American
anti-white (specifically Anglo-Saxons [English Heritage])
racist against other groups (especially blacks)
lives in or near Winnipeg, Canada
real ISP is TotalNet Inc. (total.net)
French-Canadian

Farix
--
Farix's Den -- http://www.citynet.net/personal/farix/
Writer's Guide to OW!R -- http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Flats/6571/

Continuity has many identical brothers. -- Sprite 07/01/1997

Chris Schack

Nov 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/8/97

In article <19971107005...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,
dami...@aol.com (DamienRoc) wrote:
>>=> To all the yeah sayers of Disney as being the greatest in the
>>=> world,well I can understand Americans for peddling their cultural
>>crap
>>=> to the world(Disney,Mac Donald,Wall Mart,K-marts,etc..)as it means
>>BIG

>>=> $$$ for them...
>=
>>=Yes, we think Disney is the greatest in the world, yadda yadda....Now
>>what does
>>=American culture being spread have to do with the international
>>release of a _japanese_
>>=film?
>
>>And I didn't know that WalMart or K-Mart existed in Japan.
>
>Or any other country outside the US, FTM.

K-Mart has been in Canada for quite a while, and Wal-Mart arrived
a couple of years back.

BTW, I saw a helpful post from ryb in AFSM just a while ago.
Scary thought, isn't it?

Chris Schack

Zoe Tsukino

Nov 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/9/97

Chris Schack wrote:

> BTW, I saw a helpful post from ryb in AFSM just a while ago.
> Scary thought, isn't it?

I think his latest post saying we should moderate afs-m and should also
discuss other anime in there negates the one you're talking about.

--
Zoe Tsukino (remove the stars before e-mailing)

http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Towers/4940/
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/9471/

"I'm not crazy, only my other seven personalities are!"