[GRIT] The Last Day ~ The Dawn of Atlantis

9 views
Skip to first unread message

Kuno Christoffel

unread,
Oct 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/24/00
to
[30,000 Years Ago...]

(A great island nation rests in the middle of the ocean, beautiful white
castles and shrines rising up from it's surface. However, the sea is
now darkened and swirls around it ominously, as do the storm clouds
overhead. The Earth howls as a ill wind blows across the land, and
lighting stabs down into it.)

(Two heavy marble doors swing open, revealing a pretty Atlantean man
with long, wet blond hair plastered to his face and dark skin. His
eyes bulge and his fingers claw the air in a standard fashion as he
screams his warning to those inside.)

Apollo (?): Stop her! Stop the Empress! She's insane!

(Outside, buildings begin to shatter, the debris rising upwards
into the calm center of the storm overhead. On a precipice of
the palace overlooking the rest of the small continent, a strange
light is shining up into the sky. Apollo and several dozen winged
soldiers make their way through the panicked crowds flooding the
city streets, while, from a nearby building, a pretty young girl
with short, messy hair watches in apprehension.)

Ann (?): Hurry... the fate of the world is at stake...

(As they approach the imperial palace, the wind begins to rage against
their advance. The soldiers lose their footing and unfurl unready
wings, trying in vain to escape as they are sucked screaming into
the void above. The ground opens underneath and Apollo takes wing,
as a large section of the city is swallowed by the earth. He soars
up to the castle roof, where a woman with long brown hair is holding
a glowing sword aloft.)

Apollo: Sister, I won't let you continue with this mad scheme! Don't
you realize the consequences for the Earth?

Shiro (?): No! The Evil of the World must be punished!

(She spins her sword in the air, then swings at Apollo, who falls from
the air as though stricken. The Atlantean greatly resembling Ann flies
in and catches him; as she hovers in the air, he dies in her arms,
without a single wound. Tears begin to fall onto his lifeless face.)

Ann: Oh, my love...

(Atop the palace spire, Shiro's hair breaks free from the ponytail
holding it and streams backwards behind her head. She releases the
sword, which hangs in the air before her, and holds her arms out. Her
hair turns a brilliant blue, and three pairs of wings unfold from her
back, wrapping around her like a cocoon. As they part, she reaches out
and takes the sword hilt in her hands again.)

Shiro: Hear me, Orihalcon blade! It is time for this era of existence to
come to an end!

(Raising the sword into the air one final time, she drives it down into
the castle rock below her. Glowing fissures run down through the
palace, then across the entire island. From above, Atlantis begins to
shine brilliantly, then disappears in a blinding flash. The sea,
calmed again, rushes in to fill the empty hole. The only debris that
remains is a shining blue sword, which bobs in the water, then sinks
beneath the waves.)

[On that day,]
[the continent of Atlantis vanished forever from the face of the Earth.]

--

<Jo's eyes flutter open to the shade of a beautiful cherry tree. As she
sits up and looks around, she finds herself in a grove of such. The
spring sun shines down one the falling cherry blossoms, and she colours
slightly as she realizes that she's still wearing the panties and lace
camisole combo from the previous night. A sense of loneliness pervades
her mind for a moment, until around the first of the cherry trees
comes Amy, wearing similar clothing to what she herself is wearing,
blushing nervously as she adjusts her glasses.

Amy: Do you love me?

Jo: <blink> Why would you ask that? Of course I do. You know that.

<Jo's eyes widen as Ukkyo walks around the other side of the same tree.
Her garment is less lascivious, a t-shirt with a high neckline, and a
pair of conservatively cut undergarments.

Ukkyo: Do you love me?

Jo: <looks down> Yes, I do. I always will.

Amy: Why can't you choose?

Jo: I -have- chosen!

Ukkyo: But you still want to reach out to me.

Jo: I can't just stop loving someone...It's not possible for me.

Amy: Am I not enough?

Jo: That's not it! I just...don't let go of things. I can't. <there is
a flapping of wings, and another figure lands behind Jo, embracing her
warmly from behind>

Scott: Do you love me? <Scott is dressed less then conservatively.
We'll leave it at that.>

Jo: <BLUSH> Of C-course not! I was under some kind of effect...It's
gone now.

Ukkyo: <annoyed> But you still want to be near him.

Jo: As a friend! I want to be his friend.

Scott: You're only fooling yourself, Jo.

Jo: <BLUSHDEEPER> I am not! I don't love Scott! I don't!

Scott: <releases her and steps back. Jo chews her lip in disappointment
for a moment, then catches herself and tries to look relieved.>

Jo: <practically passing for a tomato by now> Well...Not much, anyway.

Amy: Then decide. We're getting impatient.

Scott: You have to choose someone, Jo.

Ukkyo: Unless you just want to keep being a jerk and leading us -all- on.

Jo: I...I choose...

--

Jo: <half asleep> ...you!

<Jo's arms reach out in her sleep and finding an arm, they pull it
towards her. A body falls on top of Jo's as the two people's lips
crush together in a kiss. Jo's hands drift over her surprised
companion, and quickly find a rather impressive set of breasts at the
front. Jo frowns as she comes face to face with Shiro.

Shiro: <eyetwitch> You know, as attractive as Akane is, this is not
exactly what I had in mind when I came to wake you up.

<Jo's eyes fly open, and she finds herself laying on the floor of the
training room, surrounded by cots and mattresses. Above her is Shiro,
their bodies connected by Jo's arms.>

Jo: GAAAAH! SHIRO!

<She leaps up several feet in the air, yelling in surprise, only to be
grabbed from behind by Shiro. She holds her hand over Jo's mouth to
stifle the noise, then lets go when Jo is suitably calmed.>

Shiro: Ssssssh. People are sleeping.

Jo: With good cause. What are you doing here in the middle of the night?
-_-;;;

Shiro: <holds up her wristwatch in Jo's face> It's six AM.

Jo: Yeah, but... last night was kind of a wild night... ^^;;; <ahem>
Alright, what's up?

Shiro: It's about what we talked about last night...

--

<In the abandoned kitchen below, Shiro and Jo are sitting at the counter.
Two cups of coffee sit cold in front of them, as they converse.>

Jo: So you know about Atlantis better than anyone, and then...

Shiro: I could come up with a rescue plan, yes. Tactically speaking,
things have worked out better than I could have thought, really.

Jo: Oh, yes, everything's coming up roses. -_-

Shiro: <ahem> I've talked to everyone who was present at the kidnapping,
and...

> Apollo: <smirk> It is I. I am the one who can destroy worlds.
>
> Tarou: <crouching on the ground, helpless> Don't be annoying.
>
> Apollo: The only other one who it could have been is long dead.

Shiro: My brother... no, all of Atlantis, believes me to be dead. And
there is our great advantage. Because they will not... they CANNOT
be expecting you to sneak in behind their backs. Even if you could,
they would never think you could hide among their own population.
But I can do all of that, and more.

Jo: <nod> It's a commando raid.

Shiro: Yes. <brandishes her watch again> It is now six-thirty. I
will depart for a secret dimensional rift, and infiltrate Atlantis.
You go in as you normally would to exchange the keys for Amy, but
stall until noon, Tokyo Standard Time. If you do *not* hear from
me, the plan has worked, and you must retreat as swiftly as possible.

Jo: Wah? What if we *do* hear from you?

Shiro: The only way that will happen is if my brother parades my
crucified corpse onto the battlefield. You might deduce that the
plan would then have failed.

Jo: <shivers> R-right. Then you can take Ann, for her teleportation,
Vince, for his mindlink, uh... Tsu, for...

Shiro: <sweatdrop> N... NO! No... no. This has to be a one-man
operation. Anyone else would not only be in grave danger, but put
*me* in danger, as well.

Jo: <sigh> Shiro, I'm not going to let you go in alone, okay? 9_9

Shiro: This is my plan, and I insist we do it my way. Jo, I need you to
promise me something.

Jo: Whaaaaaaaaat? >_|

Shiro: <clasps her hands on Jo's shoulders> Tell Ann to trust me.

Jo: What? Haven't you told Ann about this?

Shiro: <shake head> No. I want to leave before anyone can find me.
Now... goodbye, and good luck.

<With that, she turns and heads for the front door, and into history...>

--

Kuno Christoffel
de...@wizard.net
www.wizard.net/~deva

Kodi

unread,
Oct 25, 2000, 12:04:07 AM10/25/00
to

Location: Zuni's

Participants: Lots of people!!

Timeline: Now I guess.

Chochi: What a lazy job with the beginning stuff! I'm disappointed in
you!

RL-Kodi: Hey, I'm not lazy, I'm just a convieniance enthusiast ^_^

***

A crater in the floor where a sleeping bag and a small pillow have
appeared mysteriously over night shifts restlessly.

Chochi: To get up or not to get up...*giggles* I don wanna wake up
early if I'monna be bored...but I can't go back to sleep...

Jo: GAAAAH! SHIRO!

Chochi: Ah, that decides it.

Chochi tosses off her sleeping bag, stands up, stretches, and wanders
around trying to find a shower. Once she does so and finishes cleaning
up, she changes into her normal clothes and walks outside, taking a
deep breath of the fresh grey morning air.

Chochi: Hmmmm...I wonder how many people don't take notice of fine
mornings...*hops on the roof* and the sunrise...it happens every day
for all *thinks a moment* twenty five thousand, five hundred and fifty
days of our average life span...*giggles* and yet every day is more
beautiful then the last....

Chochi bounces down being philosophical and wanders through zuni's,
scratching her chin and mumbling.

Chochi: Look towards the lily's...for in them...for in
theemm....lies...

Chochi notices a hole in one of the walls and sees a figure staring at
her on guard, thinking that she was trying to sneak up on him, and
meets his eyes.

Chochi: A gorgeous hunk of man!

Stark: erk!

Chochi: *glomps* Oh Sweetie!! May the heavens ring for this day that I
have met you! *nuzzles and remains permanantly attached to some
appendage regardless of all attemps to shake her off*

Stark: What the heck do you think your doing??

Chochi: What, you don't like me??? *tears well up in eyes* Say it
isn't so...I have found the love of my life and he is not
interested...oh cruel unrequitance...

Stark: No don't cry, *looks around for a crowbar or failing that a
bull dozer* but just get...off...my arm...

Chochi: I cannot, its the power of love! *giggles* Your name, I must
know!

Stark: ....Stark..*concentrates*

Chochi isn't actually able to hold tight to the stronger Stark, but
she is like a piece of tape that sticks to the fingers, or this case
arms, that try to remove it. It is an almost never ending battle...

Chochi: *suddenly lets go, knocking stark off balance who falls
backwards into the room* Oh, love, you must be so tired! Worry not
dear, you go back to bed and I'll cook the most magnificent feast for
you and your friends when you awaken *giggles happily and skips down
to the kitchen where Jo is sitting in reflective thought*

Chochi: Good morning friend of Stark!

Chochin proceeds to blur about the room and the spacy, sleepy Jo,
preparing everything with perfect grace and speed, her knives whizzing
through the air, flames roaring and pots and pans rearranging
themselves almost randomly as a fantastic breakfast slowly,dish by
dish, begins to emerge from the chaos, each more beautiful and mouth
watering then the last, prepared with art and practicality, from
eastern and westurn cultures.

Kodi
"I have the opposite attitude from machines to people.
When people work, they get things bought for them.
When people don't work, they end up broken."

Steven Scougall

unread,
Oct 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/25/00
to
In article <39f5f2b5...@news.earthlink.net>,
gir...@earthlink.net (Kodi) wrote:

Location: Zuni's

Participants: Lots of people!!

Timeline: Now I guess.

> Chochi: What a lazy job with the beginning stuff! I'm disappointed in
> you!
>
> RL-Kodi: Hey, I'm not lazy, I'm just a convieniance enthusiast ^_^
>
> ***
>
> A crater in the floor where a sleeping bag and a small pillow have
> appeared mysteriously over night shifts restlessly.
>
> Chochi: To get up or not to get up...*giggles* I don wanna wake up
> early if I'monna be bored...but I can't go back to sleep...

And then, from the dojo, there comes a loud shout:

> Jo: GAAAAH! SHIRO!
>
> Chochi: Ah, that decides it.
>
> Chochi tosses off her sleeping bag, stands up, stretches, and wanders
> around trying to find a shower. Once she does so and finishes cleaning
> up, she changes into her normal clothes and walks outside, taking a
> deep breath of the fresh grey morning air.
>
> Chochi: Hmmmm...I wonder how many people don't take notice of fine
> mornings...*hops on the roof* and the sunrise...it happens every day
> for all *thinks a moment* twenty five thousand, five hundred and fifty
> days of our average life span...*giggles* and yet every day is more
> beautiful then the last....

Voice: Quite a lot of people.

Chochi: ??? (Turns and sees Steve, stretching and yawning. As he's
just woken up, his hair is still not in its usual ponytail)

Steve: Morning... Chochitsumi-san, wasn't it? Anyway, answering your
question, not many people take notice of the sunrise.

A huge snore comes from Wing, still sleeping in the rooftop tent.

Chochi: *giggle* A shame.

She quickly leaves.

Steve: Strange girl. Now... Jo's shout probably woke a fair few
people, so coffee will be in order...

> Chochi bounces down being philosophical and wanders through zuni's,
> scratching her chin and mumbling.
>
> Chochi: Look towards the lily's...for in them...for in
> theemm....lies...
>
> Chochi notices a hole in one of the walls and sees a figure staring at
> her on guard, thinking that she was trying to sneak up on him, and
> meets his eyes.
>
> Chochi: A gorgeous hunk of man!

Stark: Erk?

> Chochi: *glomps* Oh Sweetie!! May the heavens ring for this day that I
> have met you! *nuzzles and remains permanantly attached to some
> appendage regardless of all attemps to shake her off*
>
> Stark: What the heck do you think your doing??
>
> Chochi: What, you don't like me??? *tears well up in eyes* Say it
> isn't so...I have found the love of my life and he is not
> interested...oh cruel unrequitance...
>
> Stark: No don't cry, *looks around for a crowbar or failing that a
> bull dozer* but just get...off...my arm...
>
> Chochi: I cannot, its the power of love! *giggles* Your name, I must
> know!

Stark: ...Jared Stark..*concentrates*

> Chochi isn't actually able to hold tight to the stronger Stark, but
> she is like a piece of tape that sticks to the fingers, or this case
> arms, that try to remove it. It is an almost never ending battle...

Kat: Jared, who is this girl?

Stark: Some crazy girl from last night's craziness.

Chochi: And you are?

Kat: (Glaring at Chochi) Kathryn.

Chochi: (Suddenly lets go, knocking Stark off balance who falls
backwards into the room, and studiously ignores Kat) Oh, love, you must


be so tired! Worry not dear, you go back to bed and I'll cook the most

magnificent feast for you and your friends when you awaken.

She giggles happily and skips down to the kitchen where Jo is sitting
in reflective thought. Ten seconds later, Steve enters, now dressed as
usual.

Chochi: Good morning friends of Stark!

> Chochin proceeds to blur about the room and the spacy, sleepy Jo,
> preparing everything with perfect grace and speed, her knives whizzing
> through the air, flames roaring and pots and pans rearranging
> themselves almost randomly as a fantastic breakfast slowly,dish by
> dish, begins to emerge from the chaos, each more beautiful and mouth
> watering then the last, prepared with art and practicality, from
> eastern and westurn cultures.

Steve: (Mutters) Enthusiastic girl.

Jo: Steve... who *is* that girl?

Steve: I think her name's Chochitsumi. She showed up sometime last
night and was fighting Shampoo and Link and Vince in Vince's room.

Chochi: Coming through!

Steve and Jo instinctively duck as a knife, followed by cereal,
seaweed, and some eggs, and a few more knives fly over their heads, and
then lift their heads and continue talking as if nothing had just
happened.

Jo: What are you doing up so early? (Sniffs) *And* you haven't had a
shower, and your hair's messier than usual.

Steve: ^_- If you were more of a morning person you'd know I'm up at
this time almost everyday. After all, somebody has to get the coffee
ready for the Heavensruns. ...hang on a sec, why aren't you the usual
sleep-deprived zombie?

Jo: I've got a lot of stuff to think about.

Steve: Yeah, anyway, I'll get all the morning caffeine sorted out, put
out the "Closed all day" sign, and then take care of cleaning up. How
many people are here, do you think?

Jo: Too many.

Steve: O-kay. Sounds like it's time for a generic "Huge Spread".
never put a Huge Spread of caffeinated beverages out before...

--
Steven Scougall s_sco...@mailandnews.com
Go beyond forever at http://w3.to/beyond_forever


Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

PsychoKick

unread,
Oct 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/25/00
to

Jay: (walking in from the street, still a bit tired) Mmmpprgh... not
late am I? Izzit time fer us to go kill the bad guy yet...? (sees the
glomping) Oh, I guess not.

>Chochi: (Suddenly lets go, knocking Stark off balance who falls
>backwards into the room, and studiously ignores Kat) Oh, love, you must
>be so tired! Worry not dear, you go back to bed and I'll cook the most
>magnificent feast for you and your friends when you awaken.
>
>She giggles happily and skips down to the kitchen where Jo is sitting
>in reflective thought. Ten seconds later, Steve enters, now dressed as
>usual.
>
>Chochi: Good morning friends of Stark!
>
>> Chochin proceeds to blur about the room and the spacy, sleepy Jo,
>> preparing everything with perfect grace and speed, her knives whizzing
>> through the air, flames roaring and pots and pans rearranging
>> themselves almost randomly as a fantastic breakfast slowly,dish by
>> dish, begins to emerge from the chaos, each more beautiful and mouth
>> watering then the last, prepared with art and practicality, from
>> eastern and westurn cultures.

Jay: (professional interest) Hey, useful trick there.

>Steve: (Mutters) Enthusiastic girl.
>
>Jo: Steve... who *is* that girl?
>
>Steve: I think her name's Chochitsumi. She showed up sometime last
>night and was fighting Shampoo and Link and Vince in Vince's room.
>
>Chochi: Coming through!
>
>Steve and Jo instinctively duck as a knife, followed by cereal,
>seaweed, and some eggs, and a few more knives fly over their heads, and
>then lift their heads and continue talking as if nothing had just
>happened.

Jay: (thoughtfully eyeing the barrage and flexing his hands) Hrm...

[Jay catches a knife, slices a flying hard-boiled egg neatly in eight,
then sends the knife flying along its original trajectory with the
others.]

Stark: Thought you couldn't use blades?

Jay: I've been training, but I've only gotten it to work for food so
far... -_-;;

[back to Jo & Steve]

>Jo: What are you doing up so early? (Sniffs) *And* you haven't had a
>shower, and your hair's messier than usual.
>
>Steve: ^_- If you were more of a morning person you'd know I'm up at
>this time almost everyday. After all, somebody has to get the coffee
>ready for the Heavensruns. ...hang on a sec, why aren't you the usual
>sleep-deprived zombie?
>
>Jo: I've got a lot of stuff to think about.
>
>Steve: Yeah, anyway, I'll get all the morning caffeine sorted out, put
>out the "Closed all day" sign, and then take care of cleaning up. How
>many people are here, do you think?
>
>Jo: Too many.
>
>Steve: O-kay. Sounds like it's time for a generic "Huge Spread".
>never put a Huge Spread of caffeinated beverages out before...

Jay: Nasty java for nasty fighters.

**kung fool**code freak**mad animator**
*-------------PsychoKick--------------*
*professional slacker*arrogant b@stard*

Time Lady

unread,
Oct 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/25/00
to
In article <nb4dvsokuaviqu6pj...@4ax.com>, PsychoKick says...
>--- Inside the TARDIS ---

Voice: Why do you resist?

Corina: <her eyes focus on the gray hahired figure before her> Why must I
accept?

Voice:: It is your fate to serve.

Corrina: <eyes narrowing> _WHY_ must it be _my_ fate?

Voice: -_-; I was told you would be obsinate.

Corrina: <levelly> You still haven't answered my question Merlin.

Merlin: <sigh> First of all, you have experience...

Corrina: <arms crossed over her chest> That was a lifetime ago.

Merlin: <ignoring the interruption> Second, you will be able to withstand the
forces needed to interact with the void.

Corrina: o_O Excuse me?

Merlin: You are a Time Lord. An alien to this world. You have the knowledge
to accept what most cannot. Your body can withstand forces that most humans can
not.

Corrina: >_< Oh, bloody wonderful. Another chance to shorten my life by a
thousand years. I'm sure Death will love that.

Merlin: You will come to accept in time.

Corrina: So what am I supposed to do in the meanwhile? Last time you dumped
the visor on me, then disappeared. I've seen some of the other priestesses in
action. I've researched the subject. References to Priestess of the Void are
rather scarce.

Merlin: Use the visor. You will understand.

Corrina: What the bloody hell is that supposed to mean?

<Suddenly, she sits up in bed, wide awake. Her bed is strewn with books and
scrolls. The visor is in her hand.>

Corrina: <rubbing her eyes> What the.... <she stares at the visor a moment> I
must have fallen asleep analyzing this thing.... damn dream.... <glancing at a
row of clocks on her end table, she locates the one set to Nerima time.>
Hmmm.... I wonder if anyone is up.


>[back to Jo & Steve]
>
>>Jo: What are you doing up so early? (Sniffs) *And* you haven't had a
>>shower, and your hair's messier than usual.
>>
>>Steve: ^_- If you were more of a morning person you'd know I'm up at
>>this time almost everyday. After all, somebody has to get the coffee
>>ready for the Heavensruns. ...hang on a sec, why aren't you the usual
>>sleep-deprived zombie?
>>
>>Jo: I've got a lot of stuff to think about.
>>
>>Steve: Yeah, anyway, I'll get all the morning caffeine sorted out, put
>>out the "Closed all day" sign, and then take care of cleaning up. How
>>many people are here, do you think?
>>
>>Jo: Too many.
>>
>>Steve: O-kay. Sounds like it's time for a generic "Huge Spread".
>>never put a Huge Spread of caffeinated beverages out before...
>
>Jay: Nasty java for nasty fighters.
>

<Corrina emerges from her TARDIS and glances around>

Corrina: Bloody wonderful...

- Time Lady


liger...@my-deja.com

unread,
Oct 26, 2000, 12:14:07 PM10/26/00
to
In article <8t6uh...@drn.newsguy.com>,

Meanwhile, somewhere UNDEr Nerima, the wheels of government and justice
turn as the NDF (Nerima Defense Frce) rejoices...

Pace: NDF Headquarters, somewhere UNDER Nerima

[Enter Dr. Atomu, longtime head of R&D for the NDF, brilliant scientist
and all around egomaniac]

Dr. Atomu: [jumping up and down happily with piece of paper in hand]
YES!! I DID IT!! I DID IT!! [runs and slams the big red "EMERGECY ALERT"
button]


[All the members of the draqstically understafed NDF look up in shock]

NDF Trooper#1: What is that noise?

NDF Trooper#2: Huh?

NDF Trooper#1: [louder] I said "What is that Noise"?

NDF Trooper#2: HUH?

NDF Trooper#1: [screaming] I SAID WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

NDF Trooper#2: I CAN'T HEAR YOU, THE EMERGANCY ALARM IS TOO LOUD [walks
over to a kill switch on the wall] *CLICK* [alarm dies] Now what were
you saying?

NDF Trooper#1: *sigh* nevermind... wait a minute we have an emergency
alarm?

NDF Trooper#2: Yeahm it hasn't been used in ages. Last major problem we
were called in on was the Alien Invasion Game Show case.

NDF Trooper#1: The What?

NDF Trooper#2: Don't ask, it caused major headaches with everyone...
Hell that was the last time Depression Ranger was actually useful.

NDF Trooper#1: Depression Ranger?

NDF Trooper #2: Yeah, y'know that kid we send out for Pizza?

NDF Trooper#1: That kid?

NDF Trooper#2: Yeah, he's Atomu's manic depressive kid. Gloomy but
cool. He's been really bummed because his dad made hoim watch "Grave of
The Fireflies" last week.

[cut... several minutes later the entire NDF is assembled in a VERY
small room]

NGDF YTrooper# 1: JEEZ Hiro, get your elbow out of my gut will ya?

NDF Trooper#3: I would but Subaru has got his knee in my eye...

NDF Trooper#4: Taka, you're peanut butter is in my chocolate!!

NDF Trooper#5: No Kaz, you're chocolate is in my peanut butter...

Dr. Atomu: [trying to wedge his way to the front] AHEM!!

[The troops stand at attention]

Dr. Atomu: Men, after years of being strapped for cash the Diet finally
heeded my request to up our budget. [holds piece of paper in the air] It
seems they have finally realized my genius and have allotted us several
billion yen!!

NDF Trooper#1: Does this mean we'll finally get toilet paper in the
bathroom?

NDF Trooper#2: Do we finally get real uniforms? These "SPEED: FAREWELL
TOUR" shirts are emasculating. My son won't even talk to me in public!!

NDF Trooper#3: And what about our 2 years of back pay?

Dr. Atomu: Fear not... we will return to our place of glory... we will
be at the forefront of cutting defense force technology... We relaunch
project Emotion Ranger on this day...

NDF Troopers(All): WHERE'S THE MONEY?

Dr. Atomu: [meekly] I spent it...

NDF Trooper#2: Y'know my mom wanted me to be a cook. Figurted i coul
take on Kaga and those Iron Chefs of his... but noooo I had to join the
defense force....

Dr. Atomu: But I spent it on something wonderful!! Something that will
inspire the people of Japan... something the Prime Minister himsel has
approved for the budget... something that will Make Super Sentai
Psycho Emotion Ranger unbeatable!! BEHOLD!!

[Atomu pulls a cord behind him and a curtain can be heard dropping
outside of the office]

NDF Trooper#4: Umm... Boss, we're kind of cramped in here... can we go
outside and look at this thing?

[Outside the office... everyone sees the magnificent GIANT ROBOT Atomu
has unveiled]


Dr. Atomu: BEHOLD!! Fushigi Robo... DANGUN!!

Ndf Trooper#3: He has got ot be kidding right?

NDF Trooper#2: Sadly no... he is very serious...

NDF Trooper#1: Hey Hakase, what does this thing do?

Dr. Atomu: [nervously] uummm... We haven't figured that out yet. this
is just the shell.

NDF Trooper#4: The sheel? Do you mean there's nothing inside of it?

dr. Atomu: Well you see it's like this.. we got the proposal for the
robot written up didn't have a design so we hired some guys who were
background painters on Zeta Gundam to design a robot for us.
Unfortunately the outside design was submitted to the Diet before we
could actually workj on the mechanical specs...

NDF Trooper#3: So what should happen if say.. .some alien race or mad
scientist decides to take over the world? Unleash Useless Robo here and
hope that he's awed by the sight of him?

(whew... somehow i'll get Jiro back in this... feel free to pick it up
from here GRITTERS)

Talen

unread,
Oct 26, 2000, 7:17:41 PM10/26/00
to
Location: Zuni's

Participants: Lots of folks, but here and now, Corrina, Jo, Steve,
Shiro, Stark, Kate, Leah, Kon Tatsu, Chochitsumitsumitsumitsu- you
know who I mean, the psycho nutbag with the knives, Jay, and one very
small elephant that got separated from the others but should be
alright, thank you.

Timeline: Morning immediately after Segue To A Close.

-- Elsewhere

(Kate finds herself standing in the middle of a featureless gray
plain, with a paler gray sky overhead. She looks around in
confusion.)

Kate: This is...

(On the horizon, she spots a figure, and begins to run toward it. The
figure seems to see her approaching, and suddenly opens a pair of dark
wings.)

Kate: Wait! Please, wait! I need to talk to you!

(The figure takes to the air. A few seconds later, Kate propels
herself into the air as well with her powers.)

Kate: Hold up, will you? I can't fly as fast as you can!

(The figure, in reply, increases its speed.)

Kate: Please don't run away from me anymore!

(She continues to soar after the rapidly disappearing figure, until
finally it is almost out of sight. She feels herself tiring and knows
that she doesn't have the strength to keep herself in the air much
longer.)

Kate: Please...

(The figure slips out of sight just as Kate finds herself unable to
continue. She begins to fall towards the ground, which suddenly seems
much closer than it should be.)

Kate: No... I'm not letting it end this way... I refuse to!

(Suddenly she blinks and realizes that she's not falling. Rather,
she's sitting straight up on her borrowed mattress in Steve and Wing's
room.)

Kate (whispering): A dream?

(She looks around to make sure she hasn't disturbed anyone, noting
that Ann and Hitomi are both still asleep, but Shiro's bed in empty.)

Kate (murmuring): Yes, a dream. It must have been. It's not the
first time I've dreamed of falling. But... who was I chasing?

(She looks over at Shiro's bed again.)

Kate (murmuring): Wings... She couldn't be the one I was dreaming of,
could she? Then again, all that crazy stuff I saw last night... yeah,
that's it. It all got mixed up in my head somehow.

(She yawns and glances at her watch.)

Kate (quietly): Erk. Time to get up already?

(She stands up, stretches, and rubs her eyes, careful not to disturb
Ann and Hitomi.)

Kate: Guess I'll go take a bath.

(Still yawning, she slips out the door, pads down the hallway, and
heads for the baths.)

Kate: Let's see... that one has the sign on the door, so I want this
one.

(She pushes open the door to the women's bath. In her only partially
awake state, she neglects to notice two things: the pile of Kon
Tatsu's clothing in the corner which is half-hidden by the door, and
the fact that the tub is full of water.)

Kate: Okay... towels there, soap there... yep, all set. *yawn*

(She begins to get undressed, humming softly to herself. Meanwhile,
the water in the bathtub ripples and stirs a bit, though she still
doesn't notice.)

Kate: *yawn*

(She finishes getting undressed and steps over to the tub.)

Kate: That's odd... someone left some water in here? Oh, well.
(reaches for the plug)

(Before she can put two and two together, Kon Tatsu reforms himself.
Suddenly she's staring up at him. Neither of them is wearing a
thing.)

Kate: *blink*

Kon Tatsu: *blinkblink*

Kate: *blinkblinkblink*

Kon Tatsu: Oh, *shit.*

Kate: GYAAAAAAA-

Kon Tatsu swiftly gathers his senses and is halfway towards becoming
eyeless water once again, when Kate _also_ comes to her senses. The
problem is, Kon has an entire body to coordinate while in the presence
of a naked older woman while naked himself, while Kate simply has a
rather indignant mind to get into gear. As such, Kate wins despite the
lad's headstart.

Outside, Leah is quietly walking towards the bath, quietly observing
around her and glancing from point to point, as though nervously
expecting something to leap out at her.

Which it then does.

Voice: -YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-

Half of Kon Tatsu comes hurling through a door (the upper half, for
what it's worth) and a significant portion of water, his clothes,
several bottles of shampoos and conditioners, two cakes of soap, and a
toilet seat. Landing face first into the opposing door, his face
smashed into the sign that _WOULD_ have saved his ass, but didn't, in
a moment of _beautiful_ irony that none of _YOU_ would have noticed if
I didn't point it out, would you, would you, no, didn't think so, and
slides down to hit the ground on his chin. His body unconsciously
forms around him. Still naked.

Leah takes a brief instant to boggle in utter surprise at the sudden
presence of a nude boy and then has to shift gears to boggle in utter
surprise at a towel-clad and peeped-upon telekinetic.

Kate: -AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG-

Kon manages to haul himself to his feet as Kate's next small psionic
wave fails to punch him through a wall, instead battering him with
more toiletries. As he pulled himself to his feet, his hands somehow
managed to grip his clothes, his pants in one hand, his shirt and
jacket in the other. As he stands up and turns to run like all hell -

Kate: -AAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-

And straight into Leah, who looks up at him in indignant rage.

Kon Tatsu: Oh, _shit_.

<POW>

Kon Tatsu goes flying backwards to the nearest wall, just as Kate
misses him one more time. Impacting heavily, he looks up and sees two
very annoyed females, one in an advanced state of undress and the
other just annoyed, advancing towards him, auras glowing. In the
dictionary of anime, this is tantamount to pumping the cartridge on a
pump-action shotgun.

Kon did the one and only thing that came to mind.

He ran like all hell.

<FWHOOSH>

Kon darted between the two, fluking past a blow from both, and Kon's
longer legs swiftly outdistanced the two girls as he managed to find a
safe enough place to hide.

That is...

><Corrina emerges from her TARDIS and glances around>
>
>Corrina: Bloody wonderful...

Kon has wonderfully managed to situate himself behind the Tardis,
successfully avoiding anyone noticing him, or his state of undress.
Just as he gets his pants on, HOWEVER!!!

Steve: <peering around side of TARDIS> Morning, Kon.

... what, you were expecting _ANOTHER_ female to try kick his ass?
Have some sense of moderation!

Kon Tatsu: Morning. Hope you'll excuse me, I have to put a fair bit of
distance between myself and here.

Jo: <leaning around side of TARDIS, trying to find who Steve is
talking to> <warily>... and why is that?

<CRASH><THUD><BOOM>

Kon Tatsu: Okaythatdoesittata! <SPLOOSH>

And he's OFF! and racing. Kon Tatsu manages to turn into a spear of
water heading roofwards and ricochet off three separate points in the
room before shooting out a doorframe, hitting a few more before
getting to a window, and hitting the pavement running.

Steve: <pause> You think he'll be alright?

Jo: <shrug> Coffee now. Welfare of almost total strangers later.
<starts twitching>

Steve: <quirks eyebrow> You okay, Jo?

Jo: Rough night. --;

-- Back behind Kon --

Kate: -AAAAAGHH-

Leah: Um... are you alright?

Kate: -HHHHHHHH-

RL-Talen: Impressive lungs she's got there...

RL-Notes: Mucho kudos to Kate for actually doing the first half of
this and making the entire issue of writing someone else's character
naked altogether easier. Any comments to this from Jason or TL will
probably wind up in me embarassing myself horribly, so I'll just
pretend they never happened.

--

Talen

http://www.crosswinds.net/~talenkun/

"Vending machines, Rob, vending machines. Shoot, sometimes they'll
even take those lousy Canadian quarters, and those ain't worth
sh*t!"
"Now, Jeffrey, I'll have you know that in some places in Alberta a
quarter can buy an ENTIRE HANDFUL of shit. More, if you're not
picky about the quality."
- Jeffrey Johnson and flaming cat, rec.arts.tv.mst3k.misc

Kodi

unread,
Oct 29, 2000, 12:51:11 AM10/29/00
to
On Thu, 26 Oct 2000 23:17:41 GMT, tal...@optusnet.com.au (Talen)
wrote:

>Location: Zuni's
>
>Participants: Lots of folks, but here and now, Corrina, Jo, Steve,
>Shiro, Stark, Kate, Leah, Kon Tatsu, Chochitsumitsumitsumitsu- you
>know who I mean, the psycho nutbag with the knives, Jay, and one very
>small elephant that got separated from the others but should be
>alright, thank you.

Chochi: *THWAP* 1 tsumi, I'm not that much of a criminal.


>
>Timeline: Morning immediately after Segue To A Close.
>
>

Meanwhile, Chochi finishes the last of the breakfast, the last bowl
spinning gently on the table as she looks out at the feast for an
army, both knives in her hands poised gracefully in the air.

Chochi: .....That was -sooo- boring. What ever possessed me to start
trying to cook again??? Arrgghh, I thought I never would. Thats it,
I'll never touch another cooking utensil again...unless I do. There,
now that thats out of the way....

Chochi waits till the background screaming stops, and once she's sure
that its woken up everyone in the house she takes a deep breath and
shouts,

Chochi: Breakfast is served!!!

While Jo sips her coffee slowly, not taking notice of the giant panda
already at the table helping himself.

Steve: *bringing his hand behind his head* Aheh.

Meanwhile, in a shadow, outside, a small figure peers through the
window.

Figure: It is true then! I must report to the master.

And with that the figure blurrs off.

Steven Scougall

unread,
Oct 29, 2000, 11:05:19 PM10/29/00
to
In article <39fb4d0e....@news.earthlink.net>,

gir...@earthlink.net (Kodi) wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Oct 2000 23:17:41 GMT, tal...@optusnet.com.au (Talen)
> wrote:

Location: Zuni's

Participants: Lots of folks, but here and now, Corrina, Jo, Steve,

Shiro, Stark, Kate, Leah, Kon Tatsu, Chochitsumi, Jay, and one very


small elephant that got separated from the others but should be
alright, thank you.

Timeline: Morning immediately after Segue To A Close. And right now,
it's early. As in, 6:30-in-the-morning early.

Just a couple of points:
- If that's supposed to be Genma, he shouldn't be at Zuni's. He
should be over at the Saotome household.
- With everything he/she's seen, Jo wouldn't think that a giant panda
at the table is all that weird anyway.

> Steve: *bringing his hand behind his head* Aheh.
>
> Meanwhile, in a shadow, outside, a small figure peers through the
> window.
>
> Figure: It is true then! I must report to the master.
>
> And with that the figure blurrs off.

Steve: Did you sense that?

Jo: Notice what?

Steve: The guy outside that just ran off.

Jo: Yeah. Didn't think it was worth it to bother him, though.

Corrina: That's not a very responsible attitude. He could be up to
anything. Letting him get away is a bad idea.

Steve: The thing is, he had a low-powered air of "hired goon" to him,
and he probably dashed off to report to someone. That someone will
probably know more than he does.

Corrina: -_- Wouldn't it better to capture the goon and find things
out from him?

Jo: Then the guy's master gets all suspicious when the goon is late.
Anyway, it doesn't matter. We aren't going to be here for very long
this morning, so they'll find Zuni's empty.

Steve: Right. (Finishes setting out the Huge Caffeine spread and eats
the last of his toast) Okay, I'm off to put out the "Closed for the
day" sign, wash up, and then find Kon. I had an idea about the Fire
and the Waters while I was sleeping last night.

Jo: Kon?

Steve: The almost total stranger from before. ;p

Corrina: Who was hiding behind my TARDIS.

Steve: Yeah, him.

Jo: That might not be a good idea.

Steve: No?

Jo: Steve, Shiro just left to go somewhere. Without telling Ann. It
might be a good idea for you to stay here and tell Ann when she wakes
up. And besides, getting in the way of two angry women chasing a guy
is never a good idea.

Steve: I... see. (Looks thoughtful)

Jo: Shiro said to trust her...

Steve: Which I will. She may be a little distant and imperious at
times, but she's still a good person. And Ann trusts her implicitly.
(Drums his fingers on the edge of the table) But still... it feels
like things are really heating up, as if things are about to end, and
for Shiro to suddenly disappear *now*... it's odd. I'd better go talk
to Ann.

He gets up to leave and...

...this will be continued in a later post, so nyah. ;p

Chris Ling

unread,
Oct 30, 2000, 6:04:32 AM10/30/00
to

"Steven Scougall" <s_sco...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:8tis1s$lpj$1...@nnrp1.deja.com...

> In article <39fb4d0e....@news.earthlink.net>,
> gir...@earthlink.net (Kodi) wrote:
> > On Thu, 26 Oct 2000 23:17:41 GMT, tal...@optusnet.com.au (Talen)
> > wrote:
>
> Location: Zuni's
>
> Participants: Lots of folks, but here and now, Corrina, Jo, Steve,
> Shiro, Stark, Kate, Leah, Kon Tatsu, Chochitsumi, Jay, Mariko, Seikan,
Hailung, Emi and one very

> small elephant that got separated from the others but should be
> alright, thank you.
>
> Timeline: Morning immediately after Segue To A Close. And right now,
> it's early. As in, 6:30-in-the-morning early.
>
>
> > >><Corrina emerges from her TARDIS and glances around>
> > >>
> > >>Corrina: Bloody wonderful...
> > >
> > >Kon has wonderfully managed to situate himself behind the Tardis,
> > >successfully avoiding anyone noticing him, or his state of undress.
> > >Just as he gets his pants on, HOWEVER!!!
> > >
> > >Steve: <peering around side of TARDIS> Morning, Kon.
> > >
> > >... what, you were expecting _ANOTHER_ female to try kick his ass?
> > >Have some sense of moderation!

But this is the world of GRIT! Moderation has no place here at all!

Moderation: (high British accent) I beg to differ...

RL-Seii: (promptly booting Moderation into a far-flung dimension...into the
stratosphere) I don't think so pal! ;p

> > >Kon Tatsu: Morning. Hope you'll excuse me, I have to put a fair bit
> of
> > >distance between myself and here.
> > >
> > >Jo: <leaning around side of TARDIS, trying to find who Steve is
> > >talking to> <warily>... and why is that?
> > >
> > ><CRASH><THUD><BOOM>
> > >
> > >Kon Tatsu: Okaythatdoesittata! <SPLOOSH>
> > >
> > >And he's OFF! and racing. Kon Tatsu manages to turn into a spear of
> > >water heading roofwards and ricochet off three separate points in the
> > >room before shooting out a doorframe, hitting a few more before
> > >getting to a window, and hitting the pavement running.
> > >
> > >Steve: <pause> You think he'll be alright?
> > >
> > >Jo: <shrug> Coffee now. Welfare of almost total strangers later.
> > ><starts twitching>
> > >
> > >Steve: <quirks eyebrow> You okay, Jo?
> > >
> > >Jo: Rough night. --;
> > >
> > >-- Back behind Kon --
> > >
> > >Kate: -AAAAAGHH-
> > >
> > >Leah: Um... are you alright?
> > >
> > >Kate: -HHHHHHHH-
> > >
> > >RL-Talen: Impressive lungs she's got there...

Emi: (walking out from her room, yawning) What was all that noise about?

Kate: (pauses for breath) That...that...PERVERT! >_<+

Emi: (massive sweatdrop, already assuming what had happened) I knew Kon-san
should have put up a sign on the bathroom door... ^^;;;;

(Though still asleep, one can almost make out the sound of Mariko laughing
evilly in her sleep.)

Mariko: Zzz...(insert evil laugh)...zzz...

promptly stops as he can sense, or more likely hear the sounds of battle on
the main roof of Zuni's.

Steve: (long pause) WHO else could possibly be up at this hour and
sparring? -_-;

-On the rooftop-

Hailung: (dodging a kick) Is there any reason why we came back here to do
our sparring? I find this to be a waste of time.

Seikan: (continuing a barrage of kicks) There is a reason for
everything...as for you, you will find that out very soon.

-Back downstairs-

Jo: (sees Emi) Up early aren't we?

Emi: (yawns again) Its hard to get sleep with all the noise around here...

Jo: Well, blame it on Yon Zatsu who...

---

Kon: (still running) (mad twitching) ..... >_<++++

---

Jo: ...created all the commotion. (pause) Strange, it feels like someone is
staring ice daggers at me...

Stark: How did you come to THAT conclusion? ;p

-Back upstairs-

Hailung: (strikes hard with his katana) Tell me, Seikan, what do you think I
have to accomplish by helping them?

Seikan: (parries) Consider it as a form of community service for violating
laws, or rather...in less conventional terms... (thrusts forward) your path
from destruction to possible redemption...its all in prophecy.

(Seikan dashes forward and strikes down on Hailung. Hailung deftly dodges
away and tries to sweep kick Seikan who just flips away.)

Hailung: What mean you by that?

Seikan: The pieces are falling into place. The time will come when you will
understand, but until then you must continue with your mission. The time
will come...when the white dragon and black dragon are joined again in
alliance.

Hailung: The dragons? Wait...you mean that...

(Catching Hailung off guard, Seikan proceeds to roundhouse Hailung in the
chest and slam him to the ground...the through the still yet to be
fully-patched hole in the ground till...)

Seikan: ...in due time.

-Back in the dining area-

Chochi: (to Emi) Hello! I don't think we've met before! ^_^

Emi: Hanakaze Emi. Yoroshi-

(Before she even says the last letter, Hailung plows through the ceiling and
hits the ground, rolling to a stop at the table.)

Chochi: Good morning Mr. Mystery-looking person!

Hailung: (in an uncharacteriscally un-serious manner) ...ouch. +_+

Emi: (sipping a cup of tea) Ohayo, onii-san. ^^;

> ...this will be continued in a later post, so nyah. ;p

Yeah...what he said. Gotta study for midterms, no time for something big to
write. Eh heh. ^^;

> --
> Steven Scougall s_sco...@mailandnews.com
> Go beyond forever at http://w3.to/beyond_forever

-Chris Ling- One very tired person..."WHERE'S MY COFFEE?!!"


Steven Scougall

unread,
Oct 31, 2000, 8:09:35 AM10/31/00
to
In article <8tjkpc$dem$1...@news1.ucsd.edu>,

Location: Zuni's

Steve: Ah. It looked a bit more interesting than just bad from the bit
I saw. ;p

Jo: Don't talk about it.

> > > >-- Back behind Kon --
> > > >
> > > >Kate: -AAAAAGHH-
> > > >
> > > >Leah: Um... are you alright?
> > > >
> > > >Kate: -HHHHHHHH-
> > > >
> > > >RL-Talen: Impressive lungs she's got there...

> Emi: (walking out from her room, yawning) What was all that noise
> about?
>
> Kate: (pauses for breath) That...that...PERVERT! >_<+
>
> Emi: (massive sweatdrop, already assuming what had happened) I knew
> Kon-san should have put up a sign on the bathroom door... ^^;;;;

Steve: 'specially after I had it special-made for him and everything.

> (Though still asleep, one can almost make out the sound of Mariko
> laughing evilly in her sleep.)
>
> Mariko: Zzz...(insert evil laugh)...zzz...

Jei: Zzzsoundszevil... *snore* Machanzzz...


> > > Meanwhile, Chochi finishes the last of the breakfast, the last
> > > bowl spinning gently on the table as she looks out at the feast
for an
> > > army, both knives in her hands poised gracefully in the air.
> > >
> > > Chochi: .....That was -sooo- boring. What ever possessed me to
start
> > > trying to cook again???

Steve: Didn't you want to cook for your 'Stark-sama'?

Chochi: That's right, I did! (giggle) But it was still so dull.
I'll.. have to find *other* things to do for him. (giggles again,
sounding dangerous)

Stark: *Don't* you start, Steve. >_<

Steve: (Quirks eyebrow) Shouldn't Kat be down here and whapping you
for flirting with other women?

Stark: >_< She's a vampire, right? Meaning she can't go around in
daylight.

Steve: Oh. Oops. (Hand behind head and fiddles with top of ponytail)
Eheh.

Stark: (Grumpily) In any case, thanks for making breakfast.

Chochi: Arrgghh, I thought I never would do that again. Thats it, I'll


never touch another cooking utensil again...unless I do. There, now that
thats out of the way....

> > > Chochi waits till the background screaming stops, and once she's
> > > sure that its woken up everyone in the house she takes a deep
> > > breath and shouts,
> > >
> > > Chochi: Breakfast is served!!!

Corrina: >_<+ Yes, I think everyone in the restaurant is awake now.

Corrina: After her shout (points at Chochi) I'd say everyone.

Chochi: I certainly hope so. (giggles) After all the time I wasted on
making this huge breakfast, I'd certainly want everyone to actually have
some. (giggles again, goodnaturedly this time)


> -On the rooftop-
>
> Hailung: (dodging a kick) Is there any reason why we came back here to
> do our sparring? I find this to be a waste of time.
>
> Seikan: (continuing a barrage of kicks) There is a reason for
> everything...as for you, you will find that out very soon.
>
> -Back downstairs-
>
> Jo: (sees Emi) Up early aren't we?
>
> Emi: (yawns again) Its hard to get sleep with all the noise around
> here...
>
> Jo: Well, blame it on Yon Zatsu who...
>
> ---
>
> Kon: (still running) (mad twitching) ..... >_<++++
>
> ---
>
> Jo: ...created all the commotion. (pause) Strange, it feels like
> someone is staring ice daggers at me...
>
> Stark: How did you come to THAT conclusion? ;p

Steve: And anyway, Jo, you only get his name wrong when he can hear
you. ;p

Emi: You're all stupid.

> -Back upstairs-
>
> Hailung: (strikes hard with his katana) Tell me, Seikan, what do you
> think I have to accomplish by helping them?
>
> Seikan: (parries) Consider it as a form of community service for
> violating laws, or rather...in less conventional terms... (thrusts
> forward) your path from destruction to possible redemption...its all
> in prophecy.
>
> (Seikan dashes forward and strikes down on Hailung. Hailung deftly
> dodges away and tries to sweep kick Seikan who just flips away.)
>
> Hailung: What mean you by that?
>
> Seikan: The pieces are falling into place. The time will come when you
> will understand, but until then you must continue with your mission.
> The time will come...when the white dragon and black dragon are joined
> again in alliance.
>
> Hailung: The dragons? Wait...you mean that...
>
> (Catching Hailung off guard, Seikan proceeds to roundhouse Hailung in
> the chest and slam him to the ground...the through the still yet to be
> fully-patched hole in the ground till...)

...and through the floor below *that*...

> Seikan: ...in due time.
>
> -Back in the dining area-
>
> Chochi: (to Emi) Hello! I don't think we've met before! ^_^
>
> Emi: Hanakaze Emi. Yoroshi-
>
> (Before she even says the last letter, Hailung plows through the
> ceiling and hits the ground, rolling to a stop at the table.)
>
> Chochi: Good morning Mr. Mystery-looking person!

Steve: You almost got the name right. This is Mr. Mystery Person.

> Hailung: (in an uncharacteriscally un-serious manner) ...ouch. +_+
>
> Emi: (sipping a cup of tea) Ohayo, onii-san. ^^;

Steve: Strange, I thought he'd react differently.

Hailung: I'll kick your ass later when I'm feeling better.

Steve: Sure thing. Are there any more interruptions? No? Right. I'm
off to do things.

And he does.

It takes about ten seconds to put out the "Closed For The Day" sign. It
takes a few minutes to shower and get properly dressed, the details of
which we'll skip over. It takes about twenty seconds to pass a
Fire-charged hand through his hair, so that instead of being very wet,
it's merely damp.

Wing: (Coming into the bathroom) Morning, Steve. It's an early day
today, isn't it?

Steve: Yep.

Wing: And it's great to be up and to see the morning sun. ^_^ It's so
energetic.

Steve: (Grins) Yeah.

Wing: You look preoccupied. Is something up?

Steve: I have to see Ann. Things are afoot. Shiro left early today,
and didn't tell Ann she was going. It's all very weird.

Wing: That is strange...

Steve: I'll talk to you later okay?

He heads over to his room, which Ann and Hitomi are still staying in,
and knocks.

Steve: Ann? Hitomi-san? Are you decent?

--- Inside the room ---

Sitting up in bed, Hitomi hears his voice, and her hands clench, almost
shredding the bedding, then rational thought cuts in and she relaxes. A
bit.

Ann: Are you oay, Hitomi-san?

Hitomi: No... but... he's not *him*. Hearing the voice and seeing the
face, though... it's still...

Ann: I can tell him to come back later when you're not here.

Hitomi: No... I have to get used to this...

Ann: (Nods) Very well then.

Steve's voice: (Fro other side of door) I can come back later if you
want.

Ann: It's okay, nii-san, come in.

Steve enters, looking concernedly at Hitomi, who's visibly tense.

Steve: Are you sure this is okay, Hitomi-san?

Hitomi: It's fine... I still see him... Shi... every time I look at
you.

Steve: Not hard, he *was* my clone. ^_^ (Ann gives him a light bonk
on the head) Ow.

Ann: Stop being silly nii-san, this is very serious. She *loved* Shi
and then he ruined her life.

Steve: (Rubbing his head) Alright, I'll be sensible. I had to talk to
you about something sensible and serious anyway, so it's good practice.

Ann: What about?

Steve: You probably already noticed that Shiro isn't here.

Ann: She probably just woke up already and is having breakfast.

Steve: Ah... no. She's not here at Zuni's at all.

Ann: (Concentrates, trying to find Shiro's signature in the building,
and fails) She's... not? (Relaxes) But she's probably just gone back
to the apartment. I'll teleport over and-

Steve: Um, no, she's not there either. Sis, this is going to be hard
news, but she's not here at all, and nobody knows where she went. She
talked to Jo just before she left, and she asked for you to trust her.

(Pause)

Hitomi: (Mutters) If it's not one thing, it's another...

Ann: I trust her. She and I have been through so much... and Apollo is
her own brother and she probably knows him best... no doubt there's
something going on, and there's a good reason...

Hitomi: Excuse me?

Steve: What's up, Hitomi-san?

Hitomi: Your... your lover just left to do something you have no idea
about and you're not worried?

Ann: I'm worried, yes, but I also trust her. As I said, she and I have
been through a lot. She died once, and another time I was selfish and
left *her*... and we still ended up together. (Smiles) I... I trust...
(voice quivers) ...her...

Steve: (Sits down next to her and puts his arm around her shoulders)
(Quietly) Let it out, Ann-chan.

Ann turns and bawls into his shoulder, and Steve holds her tight.

Ann: WHY? I trust her, I have and do and always will but it still
feels so... sudden, too soon, and so much is happening and just by
herself she can't take on Apollo and I'm so scared that something's
going to go horribly wrong... again... what if she dies again?

Hitomi: I... I'll just leave and... yeah. (Quickly gets her clothes
together and rushes off to the bathrooms)

Steve: Sis... Ann, she knows what she's getting into. Whatever it is,
she probably had to do it alone, or she didn't want to put you in
danger...

Ann: I know, I know! But... why? Why couldn't she just *tell me*
instead of telling Jo to tell me?

Steve: Probably because if she did, she'd never be able to do it.

Ann: You really think so?

Steve: I'm sure. (Thinking) (I hope like hell I'm right.)

Ann: (sniffling) Nii-san... I know you're just guessing. But thank
you.

Steve: Sure thing, after all, how couldn't I? ^_^

Ann: (Mock serious) I thought I told you be sensible. (Weakly smiles)

Steve: Hey, you know me. ^_-


--
Steven Scougall s_sco...@mailandnews.com
Go beyond forever at http://w3.to/beyond_forever

me

unread,
Oct 31, 2000, 11:30:40 AM10/31/00
to

Steven Scougall wrote:

a post with Hitomi! Yay! Go Steve! Go Steve! It's your birthday! Erm, no
more sugar this early...

---in the bathroom---

Hitomi looks at her reflection in the mirror, contemplating.

Hitomi: Why? I've been to Hell and back, twice, I've defeated incredible
odds and demons, yet I can't face -him-. <she runs water over her face> What
is wrong with me?

She begins to shower.

---
pdm
finally posting
please, walk in on her. This should be...violent.

Time Lady

unread,
Oct 31, 2000, 11:35:33 AM10/31/00
to
In article <8tmgab$jie$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, Steven says...
>
>In article &lt;8tjkpc$dem$1...@news1.ucsd.edu>,
> "Chris Ling" &lt;cjl...@ucsd.edu> wrote:
>>
>> "Steven Scougall" &lt;s_sco...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:8tis1s$lpj$1...@nnrp1.deja.com...
>> > In article &lt;39fb4d0e....@news.earthlink.net>,

>> > gir...@earthlink.net (Kodi) wrote:
>> > > On Thu, 26 Oct 2000 23:17:41 GMT, tal...@optusnet.com.au
(Talen)
>> > > wrote:
>
Location: Zuni's

Participants: Lots of folks, but here and now, Corrina, Jo, Steve,
Shiro, Stark, Kate, Leah, Kon Tatsu, Chochitsumi, Jay, Mariko,
Seikan, Hailung, Emi and one very small elephant that got separated from
the others but should be alright, thank you.

Timeline: Morning immediately after Segue To A Close. And right
now, it's early. As in, 6:30-in-the-morning early.
>
>
>

<snippage>

>> > > Meanwhile, Chochi finishes the last of the breakfast, the last
>> > > bowl spinning gently on the table as she looks out at the feast
>for an
>> > > army, both knives in her hands poised gracefully in the air.
>> > >
>> > > Chochi: .....That was -sooo- boring. What ever possessed me to
>start
>> > > trying to cook again???
>
>Steve: Didn't you want to cook for your 'Stark-sama'?
>
>Chochi: That's right, I did! (giggle) But it was still so dull.
>I'll.. have to find *other* things to do for him. (giggles again,
>sounding dangerous)
>

>Stark: *Don't* you start, Steve. >_&lt;


>
>Steve: (Quirks eyebrow) Shouldn't Kat be down here and whapping you
>for flirting with other women?
>

>Stark: >_&lt; She's a vampire, right? Meaning she can't go around in


>daylight.
>
>Steve: Oh. Oops. (Hand behind head and fiddles with top of ponytail)
> Eheh.
>
>Stark: (Grumpily) In any case, thanks for making breakfast.
>
>Chochi: Arrgghh, I thought I never would do that again. Thats it, I'll
>never touch another cooking utensil again...unless I do. There, now that
>thats out of the way....
>
>> > > Chochi waits till the background screaming stops, and once she's
>> > > sure that its woken up everyone in the house she takes a deep
>> > > breath and shouts,
>> > >
>> > > Chochi: Breakfast is served!!!
>

>Corrina: >_<; Yes, I think everyone in the restaurant is awake now.

Corrina: -_- ;;;;

>
>> -On the rooftop-
>>
>> Hailung: (dodging a kick) Is there any reason why we came back here
to
>> do our sparring? I find this to be a waste of time.
>>
>> Seikan: (continuing a barrage of kicks) There is a reason for
>> everything...as for you, you will find that out very soon.
>>
>> -Back downstairs-
>>
>> Jo: (sees Emi) Up early aren't we?

Corrina: That woman's shouting could wake the dead. I'm surprised
Stark's friend wasn't woken up by it.

>> Emi: (yawns again) Its hard to get sleep with all the noise around
>> here...
>>
>> Jo: Well, blame it on Yon Zatsu who...
>>
>> ---
>>

>> Kon: (still running) (mad twitching) ..... >_&lt;++++


>>
>> ---
>>
>> Jo: ...created all the commotion. (pause) Strange, it feels like
>> someone is staring ice daggers at me...
>>
>> Stark: How did you come to THAT conclusion? ;p
>
>Steve: And anyway, Jo, you only get his name wrong when he can hear
>you. ;p
>
>Emi: You're all stupid.
>

Corrina: <flat look> Hardly.

Corrina: You're choice. You try to be mysterious around here, and they'll
never let you hear the end of it.

-- Downstairs--

Corrina: So what's next?

Jo: What do you mean?

Corrina: Well, Shiro is off for now. Do we continue on, or do we go after
Shiro? Or is there something else that I haven't been informed of?

<TBC>

- Time Lady, who's being bored to death at another wonderful teacher
training session >_<

pdm

unread,
Nov 2, 2000, 10:08:25 AM11/2/00
to

- - - Inside the bathroom - - -

Hitomi stares at herself in the mirror, contemplating.

Hitomi: You've defeated unnumerable demons, you've beaten things that
few others could, you've stood up to Dad and won. Why is this so hard?
Looking at him, and seeing -him-. <sigh>

Hitomi strips and gets into the shower.


- - - -

WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO! I finally know where Hitomi is!! Thanks, Steve!

pdm
Hitomi's been making appearences in the Buffyverse...


pdm

unread,
Nov 2, 2000, 10:10:08 AM11/2/00
to
Sorry for the double post. I didn't think it went through on the
school's computers. Why? Becase it -said- so.

pdm
new title: stressmaster general -or- uberproducer
university of michigan-dearborn's players club

Ojin

unread,
Nov 3, 2000, 8:19:40 AM11/3/00
to

--- Meanwhile, elsewhere

Futile stands alone in a vast, twisted cityscape. Above her loom
gigantic black towers, tall enough to blot out what little light shines
from the clouda above. She hears a voice behind her and begins to run,
assailed as she does so by dark figures, all so powerfull that she is
nothing to them but a minor distraction.

Terrified now, she leaves the city proper and heads to an island,
seeking help from the giant figure that resides there... but as she
reaches it, it merely turns away.

Suddenly pain shoots throughout her body, as though her skin itself
were on fire. She slumps forward and her heart sinks as she sees who it
was that did this to her... the only person that she thought she could
ever trust. Weeping, she curls herself into a ball, hoping that
everything will just let her be, but she is disturbed by another voice -
one that reassures her. Half opening her eyes she sees a figure
reaching gently down towards her...

Voice: Futile? Futile?

--

Yohann leans over Futile, shaking her gently.

Yohann: Futile? Wake up kiddo...

Futile: Huh? Oh... I was dreaming.

Yohann: C'mon, it's time to get up. People need that couch, y'know. <he
smiles>

Futile: <pikupikus> <yawns> What time is it?

Yohann: Getting on for seven. Rough night?

Futile: Uh... not really. I just wanted to stay up and make sure Kiwi
was okay, but I fell asleep before you even got back...

Yohann: Well, you'll still be a little jetlagged from the trip here.
That's okay.

Futile: <Nods, but then looks down at the floor> I don't think that
Kiwi likes me much...

Yohann: Huh? What makes you say that?

Futile: <looking up at Yohann, a slightly disbelieving expression on
her face> She... got mad when I kissed you yesterday.

Yohann: <blushes deeply> Well... ah... <cough>

He begins to stammer, saved only by the sudden arrival of Puce-Chan.

Puce-Chan: Awww. Don't worry about Kiwi, hon. Things'll work out just
fine.

Yohann: <Nod's frantically, still blushing> Actually, I think I'll go
check that she's still okay.

He glides away into the next room, leaving Puce-Chan and Futile sat
together on the couch. Puce-Chan smiles, turning to the other girl.

Puce-Chan: I meant what I said. Things will be... fine. <she pauses,
then smiles brightly> Say - is Yohann still working on all those
gadgets of his?

Futile smiles a little too, but only faintly.

Futile: Yeah. He's really good...

Puce-Chan: <nods, then looks over towards the bedroom door> I wonder
how he's doing with Kiwi...

Inside Kiwi's room, Yohann slowly pulls up alongside her bed. Yuri is
sitting on the opposite side, and looks up slowly as he enters.

Yuri: ... you.

Yohann: Me. How is Kiwi?

Yuri: She's still sleeping. <she looks away again, staring into the
middle distance>

Yohann shifts alkwardly in his chair, then locks eyes with the girl.

Yohann: What was happening last night anyway? Why were you breaking up
Zuni's?

Yuri: Why do you care? Nobody really does.

Yohann: I might. Try me.

Yuri just glares at him balefully. Whatever she might have said,
however, is interupted by a high pitched yell from outside.

Voice: Yuri! Hey, Yuuuurrrrriiiiiii!

Yuri: ... not her.

Voice: Yuriiiiiii! Get out here!

Yuri goes to the window and looks out onto the street below, bristling
as she confirms what she feared. Ryouko stands with bubbly energy
almost bursting from every pore. Beside her stands a man in tweeds and
a long grey overcoat, looking at her in confusion.

Ryouko: C'mon Yuri! I can see you there! Get down here!

Yuri: what does she want?

Yohann: Who is it?

Yuri: Ryouko again.

Yuri heads for the door while Yohann peers down from the window. He
gasps suddenly at what he sees and before Yuri can leave the
appartment, draws up alongside her.

Yuri: What?

Puce-Chan: What is it?

Yohann: It's him! My father! He's outside the building -right now-!

Puce-Chan: <leaping up> What?

She grabs her Laser from a side table as Futile gets up to join the
others.

Futile: Should I wake the other girls?

Yuri: <shakes head> Let them sleep.

Yohann: Come on... I want to stop him while I have a chance.

Heading out at speed, the group face off against the Stahlfaust duo,
early morning light casting long shadows on the almost empty street.

Yohann: <growling> Hello, Father.

Gerhardt: Yohann! It's true - you really are here! I've come to take
you back, son.

Yohann: I know. And I won't go.

Gerhardt: You... won't? What did they -do- to you?

Yohann: It's not what these people did - It's what -you- did to me!

Gerhardt: Yohann...

He pauses, feeling something jabbing into his back. Turning, he see's a
small pink ball of fluff, holding a long spear.

Rou: Pokey Pokey Pokey! Pokey... Pokey... Po... key...

Gerhardt: What are you doing?

Rou: Um... <attempts to hide the stick behind his back, where it sticks
a good three feet above his head> Sidle... sidle... sidle... scarper!
<runs off>

Gerhardt: 0_o;

Ryouko: Um... hello? I thought we were here for something else?

Gerhardt: But...

Ryouko: Oh, come on! Yuri, it's time for -you- to come back!

Yuri: .. right.

She draws her sword and swings it a little, casually pointing toward
Ryouko. Ryouko in turn hefts her battleaxe and lunges at Yuri, battling
hard, but seeming more intent on tying Yuri down to one point than on
doing any damage.

Futile turns to face Yohann's father, and is about to loose off an ark
bolt when he hurls a flat, gleaming disk, about a third of the diameter
of a CD, at her. It sticks to her forehead, lines of electricity
flowing from it. Similar lines begin to ark around her whole body as
she looses control of her powers. In a near blinding flash of light she
is tossed backwards, the flash causing the electronics in Yohann's
chair and Puce-chan's gun to spark and die.

Puce-Chan: My weapons don't work!

Yohann: <yelling over the noise> It's an EMP! He's using Futile as a
weapon! I can't even move my chair!

Ryouko: This time you're coming with me, Yuri!

Gerhardt: Ha!

He takes a box out from inside his coat, then hurls it toward where
Yuri and Ryouko fight. Taking a remote control from his pocket, he
points it at the two.

Gerhardt: Ryouko! Get out of the way!

As he yells Ryouko leaps backwards, just as he hits a button on the
remote. Beams of light emerge from the box and coil around Yuri,
trapping her within them.

Yuri: .. can't move!

Ryouko: Wai! We got you, we got you. <beeedah>

Yuri: .. I'm in hell.

Ryouko grabs onto her 'friend' and heads of into the distance, with
Gerhardt following behind her. As he leaves, he turns to look at his
son.

Gerhardt: I'll be back for you son, don't worry about that. This can't
last forever...

With that, he continues off after the girls, leaving Yohann trembling
in fury.

Futile: <holding her head> What happened?

Yohann: He got away. Again.

Puce-Chan: <taking Yohann out of his chair> Come on. Lets get you back
inside.

--TBC

Ojin------------------
The GRIT anime project
http://surf.to/ojin
----------------------

PowerOfQi

unread,
Nov 4, 2000, 9:08:26 PM11/4/00
to
Location: Zuni's

Participants: Lots of folks, but here and now, Corrina, Jo, Steve,
Shiro, Stark, Kate, Leah, Kon Tatsu, Chochitsumi, Jay, Mariko,
Seikan, Hailung, Emi and one very small elephant that got separated from
the others but should be alright, thank you.

Timeline: Morning immediately after Segue To A Close. And right
now, it's early. As in, 6:30-in-the-morning early.

<SNIP de gozaru!>

>>> > > Chochi: .....That was -sooo- boring. What ever possessed me to
>>start
>>> > > trying to cook again???
>>
>>Steve: Didn't you want to cook for your 'Stark-sama'?
>>
>>Chochi: That's right, I did! (giggle) But it was still so dull.
>>I'll.. have to find *other* things to do for him. (giggles again,
>>sounding dangerous)
>>
>>Stark: *Don't* you start, Steve. >_<

Kat: [nuzzling Stark's shoulders] You shouldn't encourage her if you're Jared's
friend. Especially while I'm right here.

Kat is here. She had a line earlier, remember? ^_^;;

>>Steve: Oh. Oops. (Hand behind head and fiddles with top of ponytail)
>> Eheh.

Stark: I suppose it'd be rude to not thank you for breakfast, though. Even if
you are some kind of psycho stalker.

>>Chochi: Arrgghh, I thought I never would do that again. Thats it, I'll
>>never touch another cooking utensil again...unless I do. There, now that
>>thats out of the way....

Kat: Jared, honey, this girl is rather odd...

Stark: Yeah, though I'm not sure that "odd" alone covers it.

>>> > > Chochi waits till the background screaming stops, and once she's
>>> > > sure that its woken up everyone in the house she takes a deep
>>> > > breath and shouts,
>>> > >
>>> > > Chochi: Breakfast is served!!!
>>
>>Corrina: >_<; Yes, I think everyone in the restaurant is awake now.

<SNIP de yansu!>

That's pretty much it from me right now.

Dan Mastriani
Super Chikyujin L3

"It's like a woman who's taken off her clothes!" Leiji Matsumoto's Siegfried

My home page! http://members.aol.com/gaijind/ Home of the GRIT chat room!
Updated 2/11/99! You demanded the best, and now you got this!

Kate Malloy

unread,
Nov 8, 2000, 11:04:04 PM11/8/00
to

Location: Zuni's

Participants: Lots of folks, but here and now, Corrina, Jo, Steve,
Shiro, Stark, Kate, Leah, Kon Tatsu, Chochitsumi, Jay, Mariko,
Seikan, Hailung, Emi, Kat, and one very small elephant that got

separated from the others but should be alright, thank you.

Timeline: Morning immediately after Segue To A Close. And right
now, it's early. As in, 6:30-in-the-morning early. Although by now,
it's probably progressed to at least 7:00 or so. ^_^

(Kate has, since the Kon Tatsu incident, managed to clean up most of the
mess with Leah's help. And, for the sake of the story and her sanity,
let's assume that when Steve walked by, she'd managed to get redressed
by then. ^_^)

Kate: Phew. That's that. Although (looks forlornly at the broken door)
what are we supposed to do now?

Leah (timidly): I believe that there are some showers downstairs.

(Kate looks at the tub, then at the sign on the other door, then back at
the tub, and finally groans.)

Kate: Why don't people *tell* me these things?

(She grabs towels, shampoo, etc. and stalks off downstairs. Leah simply
stares after her.)

(A bit later, Kate has taken a shower - with no further mishaps. She
passes Hitomi on her way out.)

Kate: Morning, Hitomi.

Hitomi (distractedly): Good morning...

Kate: Hmm... she seemed upset about something. Ah, well. Nothing I can
do, I suppose. I only just met her last night.

(She walks back up to Steve's room, and notes that the door is closed.
She can faintly hear Steve and Ann's voices coming from inside.)

Kate: They probably don't want to be disturbed. What to do now, what to
do... Normally I'd go for a morning skate or something, but most of my
stuff's still at home, since I'm still not quite sure if I'm going to be
staying... I have to talk to him. Soon. This morning, maybe. If I can
just get him to listen to me... he'll see. He'll remember. For now...
(She suddenly notices the scent of coffee.) Breakfast.

(That having been said, she heads down to the restaurant.)

Kate: Morning, all. (She glances around the room, looking for one
person in pariticular, then sighs in disappointmement - or relief - or
maybe both - when she doesn't spot him.)

Jo (groggily): G'morning...

(A brief round of introductions is performed...)

(RL-Kate: Since I'm too lazy to look up who she's already met besides Jo
and Corrina, we'll just assume she gets to hear everyone else's name
now.)

(She gets some tea and a few pastries, and sits down to munch,
constantly glancing towards the door to the bedrooms.)

Corrina (dryly): Looking for someone?

Kate (startled): No! I'm not thinking about him at all! (She blushes
slightly.)

(Across the table, Jo starts and blushes as well.)

Corrina: Of course. (snorts softly)

(In the meantime, Chochi's gotten bored and has decided to juggle a few
knives, all the while giggling madly; Kat is giving Stark some rather
suspicious looks; and Hailung is just sitting there glowering while Emi
watches in concern.)

*****

RL-Kate: Wai, filler post. ;p Hopefully I have the timing of events
down properly. I just wanted to get Kate moving again, and maybe some
of you all as well. ^_^

--
"The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four
Americans are suffering from some form of mental illness.
Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you."
-- Rita Mae Brown

Kate Malloy: kama...@home.com
http://www.gl.umbc.edu/~kmallo1/index.html

Jason Heavensrun

unread,
Nov 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/10/00
to
Location: Zuni's

Participants: Lots of folks, but here and now, Corrina, Jo, Steve,
Shiro, Stark, Kate, Leah, Kon Tatsu, Chochitsumi, Jay, Mariko,
Seikan, Hailung, Emi, Kat, and one very small elephant that got
separated from the others but should be alright, thank you.

Timeline: Morning immediately after Segue To A Close. And right
now, it's early. As in, 6:30-in-the-morning early. Although by now,
it's probably progressed to at least 7:00 or so. ^_^

>Kate: They probably don't want to be disturbed. What to do now, what to


>do... Normally I'd go for a morning skate or something, but most of my
>stuff's still at home, since I'm still not quite sure if I'm going to be
>staying... I have to talk to him. Soon. This morning, maybe. If I can
>just get him to listen to me... he'll see. He'll remember. For now...
>(She suddenly notices the scent of coffee.) Breakfast.

<Nearby, Leah sits at the top of the third floor staircase, .looking down at
the second floor, contemplating her options.>

>(That having been said, she heads down to the restaurant.)

Leah: She's going to kill me if I go down and confess...But If I don't, she
might think there's something wrong with her...But if I do, she might throw me
out...;_; But if I don't, and she -does- figure it out, she might try to kill
me anyway...;_;

---Downstairs...

>Kate: Morning, all. (She glances around the room, looking for one
>person in pariticular, then sighs in disappointmement - or relief - or
>maybe both - when she doesn't spot him.)
>
>Jo (groggily): G'morning...
>
>(A brief round of introductions is performed...)
>
>(RL-Kate: Since I'm too lazy to look up who she's already met besides Jo
>and Corrina, we'll just assume she gets to hear everyone else's name
>now.)
>
>(She gets some tea and a few pastries, and sits down to munch,
>constantly glancing towards the door to the bedrooms.)
>
>Corrina (dryly): Looking for someone?
>
>Kate (startled): No! I'm not thinking about him at all! (She blushes
>slightly.)

(Across the table, Jo starts and blushes as well, then catches herself and
grumbles in an annoyed fashion.)

>Corrina: Of course. (snorts softly)
>
>(In the meantime, Chochi's gotten bored and has decided to juggle a few
>knives, all the while giggling madly; Kat is giving Stark some rather
>suspicious looks; and Hailung is just sitting there glowering while Emi
>watches in concern.)

<WHUMPWHUMPWHUMPWHUMPWHUMPWHUMP>

Jo: 'Morning, Jei.

Jei: <lying on his face at the foot of the stairs> <grumble> Coffee. <Jei
fumbles to his feet as those who -don't- live in Zunis as a matter of course
boggle at the uncoordinated stupor with which the normally super-agile Jei
heavensrun carries himself.>

Chochitsumi: <giggle> So where's this big fight we're going to later? ^_^

Jo: -_-; First off, it is -not- a "big fight". They're holding my girlfriend
prisoner, and are probably willing to kill her, so I'd appreciate it if
everybody'd be a little less cavalier about the whole thing.

Scott: Morning everyone.

Jo: <standing next to him,> Good morning!

Kate: <standing on the other side of him, glaring at Jo> What happened to
"less cavalier"?

Jo: <edging away uncomfortably> Er...Sorry...I guess whatever hit me last
night is still having residual effects.

Scott: ^^;

Ukkyo: Sounded awfully sincere to me. -_-

Jo: <grumble> Sorry.

Ukkyo: 9_9 Let's just eat, alright?

<WHUMPWHUMPWHUMPWHUMPWHUMPWHUMP>

Most everybody: "Good Morning, Jacen."

Jacen: Coffeee... <shambles to his feet...>

Chochitsumi: <giggle> That was kindof fun! ^_^^_^^_^

<and breakfast begins as various others filter down from upstairs and a couple
from the rooms in the basement. The last to arrive, however, is J2, who crawls
up the stairs from the basement, a glazed expression on his face, and stumbles
over to the coffee pot to find it empty, whereupon he promptly breaks into
tears...>

---Some time later, Jo peds her way upstairs, but is interrupted as a hand
lands itself on her shoulder. Jo turns around, and comes face to face with an
exact replica of herself. It takes a moment of surrealism before the dog-tags
around the other akane lookalike's neck clue her in.

Jo: What's with the cursed form?

J2-Akane: Er...It's...classified. Requesting a transfer, general.

Jo: <sweatdrop> Transfer? ^^;

J2-A: <blushes and stares at her feet> Er...No time for a full debriefing...I
was FUBARed against the BRA before, and have been used for friendly fire more
then one time. And I failed to protect anyone in the last op, sarge.

Jo: Hey, that wasn't your fault. <puts her hands on J2's shoulders> Listen,
you may not have been studying martial arts like all of the rest of us HR's,
but your skills are in different areas. Who else among us could snipe a cherry
off of it's stem at three football fields with no scope? You may not be as
strong in straight combat, but you have skills and abilties we don't, and trust
me, you're every bit as useful as anyone else that's going.

J2: Nonetheless, I'm requesting a transfer.

Jo: <shake head> J2, if this is just about your self esteem, I want you to
know that I -want- you with us. You can be helpful.

J2: It's personal, Jo. please.

Jo: <blinkblink> J-Jo? No sarge, no general?

J2: I need to find something out...and I don't know how much time I have to do
it...whether I can be useful or not, I'm not -needed-. I might be needed
somewhere else...

Jo: <still stunned> J...2...? 0_o

J2: I understand if you want me to come along, but please, I have to find
out...

Jo: 0_o;;;

J2: ...general.

Jo: <shakes her head, Er...Well, I guess you have to do what you have to do.
I never intended to force anyone to risk their lives or happiness for me...

J2: ... <closes her eyes and wraps her arms around Jo, hugging her tightly,
and then steps back> Thanks...Jo.

Jo: You're welcome...private. ^_~ Just take care of yourself, okay?

J2: <going back into default military mode> You too, sir. Score in some
kills for me.

Jo: Ten four, bro.

J2: Best of luck.

Jo: You too. <J2 smiles, and then jogs downstairs, with a spring in his/her
step that you just don't see very often from her. Jo rubs her eyes groggily,
and starts towards the bathroom for a quick shower, and as she rounds the
corner, she bumps suddenly into a very suprised Leah, who falls over
backwards.> Gaaah...Sorry, sorry...<pause> Hey, where'd you come from?

Leah: <cowers> Please don't be mad...

Jo: <sweatdrop> Wha...

(to be continued...soon. Very soon. Tomorrow soon. But for now I need
sleep.)


Remove the "missary" from "commisary" to e-mail
http://www.wizard.net/~deva/check/
Jason Heavensrun
AKA the Intermittent Admin...
Founder and current Nantan of the Global Ranma Insanity Thread...
"Verfluchen Sie jene schlechten Kraken..."

Pucechan

unread,
Nov 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/12/00
to
In article <8tue18$6lo$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,
Ojin <ojin_...@my-deja.com> wrote:

<snip>

-- Back in the apartment --

Yohann is sat on the couch, thinking deeply about something. Futile is
pacing behind him.

Futile : I'm sorry Yohann, I couldn't do anything.

Pucechan wanders in with some refreshments.

Puce-chan : It's not your fault hon, you couldn't do anything about it.

Yohann : That's right but it was the best chance I've had at getting my
father.

As he said this Puce-chan pulls out the tracker from her pocket. The
display completely blank.

Puce-chan : Everything is shot.. even my tracker. Yohann is there
anything you can do with it ?

Yohann takes it from the newcomer, pulls the back off and looks.

Yohann : Yeah, most of the components will still be fine, it just needs
a bit of tinkering... intriguing design though, familiar somehow.

Futile : What are you gonna do about your chair ?

Yohann : Oh that thing. I was thinking about building myself a new one
anyway.. looks like I'll be building it a bit sooner.

Puce-chan : Why don't you just repair the old one ?

Yohann : Well, I could but with the amount of changes I'd have to make
I may as well start from scratch.

Puce-chan : Well, if we repair the tracker we could start looking for
Gerhardt.

Yohann : Yeah, <pauses a second> why are you looking for him anyway ?

Puce-chan : Ummm well, it's kinda a long story.. It's a bit tricky to
explain but don't worry I'm on your side.

Futile : Why can't you tell us ?

Puce-chan : I'm sorry, I just can't <starts to sob>

Pucechan runs out of the apartment, turns and looks at Yohann and leaves

Futile : She seems upset.

Yohann turns to Futile stares at her a while and hangs his head.

Futile : What ?

------

Somewhere close by the apartment

Puce-chan wanders the streets, the whole world on her shoulders.

Puce-chan <thinking> : Why has everything suddenly become so
difficult ? My mission was simple, but now the goals don't seem so
clear.

Puce-chan sits on the nearest steps she comes to and stares down at the
ground. She starts to cry.

Puce-chan <thinking> : I'm so so sorry Yohann, I'm so sorry. I have to
do what I came here to do. I have to get back.

With that her tears splash onto the ground, within them all she can see
is Yohann.

TBC

--
Pucechan a.k.a. Simon Brown
puce...@btinternet.com

Bubbles : You can't hurt me with the things that you do.
Bubbles : I'll pick up dandelions and I'll give them to you.

Vince Tagle

unread,
Nov 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/13/00
to
In article <20001110050803...@ng-md1.aol.com>,
jeis...@aol.commissary (Jason Heavensrun) wrote:

Location: Zuni's

Participants: Lots of folks, but here and now, Corrina, Jo, Steve,
Shiro, Stark, Kate, Leah, Kon Tatsu, Chochitsumi, Jay, Mariko, Seikan,

Hailung, Emi, Kat, one very small elephant that got separated from the
others but should be alright, thank you, and Vince.


Timeline: Morning immediately after Segue To A Close. And right now,
it's early. As in, 6:30-in-the-morning early. Although by now, it's
probably progressed to at least 7:00 or so. ^_^

<snip the breakfast scene and the Kodak moment between J2 and Jo>


> Jo: You too. <J2 smiles, and then jogs downstairs, with a spring in
> his/her step that you just don't see very often from her. Jo rubs
> her eyes groggily, and starts towards the bathroom for a quick
> shower, and as she rounds the corner, she bumps suddenly into a very
> suprised Leah, who falls over backwards.> Gaaah...Sorry,
> sorry...<pause> Hey, where'd you come from?
>
> Leah: <cowers> Please don't be mad...
>
> Jo: <sweatdrop> Wha...

Leah: Well, it's just that... um, that is...

Jo: (looking very concerend at Leah) What? What?

The petite teenage-looking girl stared into the other girl's eyes, who
looked on expectantly as Leah opened her mouth again...

Leah: I'mreallysorrysodon'tbemadokaybye! <whoosh!>

Jo: <blinkblink> It's much to early for this.

Elsewhere, Vince shambles out of Amy's room, having had to spend the
night there since his own room now has a nice view of the floor below
and the street outside thanks to the efforts of a crazy Chinese Amazon
and an ex-girlfriend.

Vince: <grumble> Mmm... shower first... then breakfast... then get
someone to fix room... yeah... plan, sounds like...

<WHAM!>

Leah: (picking herself off the floor) Ohmigod, I'm so sorry.

Vince: (coming up from the floor as well) S'oka- Hey now, wait a minute
here. (grabs Leah as she starts to run off again) No running in the
halls.

Leah: But she's going to kill me!

Vince: (suddenly concerned and armed) Who? Purple-hair with a bad
Japanese accent? (Leah shakes her head) Black hair with a streak of
white coming down the center? (Leah shakes her head again) Mm... someone
else must've snuck into the building then. (assumes a rather disturbing
Kuno-esque pose) Don't worry then, fair maiden, I'll protect you. Now,
where's this evil villian that I can vanquish for you? ^_^

Leah: Jo is down the hall. That way. ^^;;;

Vince: <blink> What does Jo have to do with this?

Leah: She's the one that's going to kill me!

Vince: Why would Jo want to kill you?

Leah: Aheh... because of last night...

Vince: (looking very, very concerned) And just what -did- you and Jo do
last night? o_O???

Leah: No! It's not like that at all! I just... <mumblemumble>

Vince: o_O

Leah: (in a small voice) I put a spell on her.

Vince: What kind of spell...?

Leah: A lust spell... To help her out with Ukkyo...

Vince: Oh, well that's no problem then. I'm sure once you explain to Jo
why he suddenly has these new feelings for Ukkyo, all will be forgiven.
^_^ <pregnant pause> It's more complicated than that, isn't it?

Leah: <nodnod>

Vince: How much more complica- <pause> <blinkblink> <flashes back to
last night>

~~~ begin swanky flashback sfx ~~~

> Vince: Yo! Jo! You up here? (spies Jo and starts... complaining) Oh,
> good. My room just got trashed by one of the Shampoos and some girl,
> not to mention Pink and Link, so now I have this big hole in my floor
> and my wall not to mention all the debris lying around that used to
> be my things. <pauses thoughtfully> We really got to do something
> about security around here. Well, anyway, I'll be sleeping in Amy's
> room tonight since... my... room... <blinkblink> That's not something
> you normally wear to bed.
>
> Jo: ^^;; I can explain... I think...
>
> Vince: And wasn't Scott wearing that shirt ear- (finally sees Scott,
> shivering slightly in the cold) Ah. Okay... I'm apparently inter-
> (then he sees everyone else standing there looking at him) o_O;;;
> Okay, do I even -want- to know what's going on up here?
>
> Steve: Well, Jo tried to seduce Scott, Scott refused, then Ueki and
> Ukkyo hit him really hard. So we think either Jo's fallen in love
> with Scott or we have a really powerful magician running around. Or
> both.
>
> Vince: o_O;;;;; (starts rubbing his temples) Next time, tell me
> whether or not I want to know first...

~~~ end swanky flashback sfx ~~~

Vince: Oh. Oh... Oh, that's bad. So... Jo and Scott... (Leah nods) And
Jo doesn't know (Leah nods again) Ooo... You have to tell Jo.

Leah: But she's going to kill me when I tell her what I did!

Vince: True, but if she finds out on her own, she's going to kill you.
At least if you tell her, I can protect you.

Leah looks up at Vince with a flat expression.

Vince: Just because I didn't go on this world-hopping jaunt of her's
where they met you doesn't mean I can't fight. ;p Now c'mon, let's go
find Jo.
--
Vince Tagle <amy...@heartlessbastards.com>
aka Amy Malarkey of the Malarkey clan
If you have it, send any replies and e-mails to my *primary* e-mail address.
E-mail the above address if you know you should have it and don't.

Jason Heavensrun

unread,
Nov 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/15/00
to
Location: Zuni's

Participants: Lots of folks, but here and now, Corrina, Jo, Steve,
Shiro, Stark, Kate, Leah, Kon Tatsu, Chochitsumi, Jay, Mariko, Seikan,
Hailung, Emi, Kat, one very small elephant that got separated from the
others but should be alright, thank you, and Vince.

Timeline: Morning immediately after Segue To A Close. And right now,
it's early. As in, 6:30-in-the-morning early. Although by now, it's
probably progressed to at least 7:00 or so. ^_^

<snip>

>Leah: She's the one that's going to kill me!


>
>Vince: Why would Jo want to kill you?
>
>Leah: Aheh... because of last night...
>
>Vince: (looking very, very concerned) And just what -did- you and Jo do
>last night? o_O???
>
>Leah: No! It's not like that at all! I just... <mumblemumble>
>
>Vince: o_O
>
>Leah: (in a small voice) I put a spell on her.
>
>Vince: What kind of spell...?

Leah: A lust spell... To help her out with Ukkyo...I didn't mean anything bad!
I found out she loved Ukkyo but couldn't act on it for some reason, and I
thought maybe if I used one little spell then it'd get rid of whatever
inhibitions were in the way and they could be together like lovers -should-...I
was just trying to make things better for Jo because she's been so nice to me,
and everybody's just been so fair and I just feel horrible for this, really...

Leah: It's not my fault! ;_;

>Vince: Oh. Oh... Oh, that's bad. So... Jo and Scott... (Leah nods) And
>Jo doesn't know (Leah nods again) Ooo... You have to tell Jo.
>
>Leah: But she's going to kill me when I tell her what I did!
>
>Vince: True, but if she finds out on her own, she's going to kill you.
>At least if you tell her, I can protect you.
>
>Leah looks up at Vince with a flat expression.
>
>Vince: Just because I didn't go on this world-hopping jaunt of her's
>where they met you doesn't mean I can't fight. ;p Now c'mon, let's go
>find Jo.

Leah: Are you sure?

Vince: Yep. You said she was down this way?

Leah: Hai. third door down the hall on the left.

Vince: Ah. <nod> <walks down the hallway to the third door, and starts to
reach for it. Waitaminuite. This is the showers.

Leah: That's where her energy is coming from. ^^;

Vince: ^^;;; Riiiight.

<suddenly the door opens, and a very damp Jo steps out into the hallway, with a
towel wrapped around her chest>

Jo: Stupidmumblegrumble...<notices Vince and Leah> Oh, -great-. Not only do
I -still- have to wash with cold water, and not only do I forget to get a
change of clothing, but of -course- the hallway can't be deserted. -_- I feel
like killing somebody.

Vince: ^^; Go to it, Leah.

Leah: Eep. ^^;;;;;

Jo: <groggily looks over at Leah, then Vince, then Leah again> What's going
on? Fatigue is setting in, and I haven't had enough coffee to deal with the
day to come yet. -_-

Leah: Er...Well...

Jo: C'mon, spit it out.

Leah: ...Er, well...You...Schimmel-san...

Jo: <blushes -deeply-, and her right hand begins to twitch involuntarily.>
<defensively> What about us?

Leah: Er...<small voice> it's kindof my fault.

---

Every now and then, in Nerima, a sound or voice is heard, and it carries such
-tremendous- weight and menace that it makes even veterans of the area cringe
with nervousness and fright.

---downstairs...

Jo's voice: WHAT????

Steve: <shudder> That was scary. 0_o

Wing: <shivering violently> Make it go away...0_0

---

Vince: Now, now, Jo, calm down. ^^; It was an accident, after all...She was
just trying to help...

Jo: <eye twitching randomly> Oh, I see. Well, that's okay then. After all,
she was just trying to help, so it's no big deal if I ended up with my hand
wrapped around Scott's little friend, now is it? >_<;;;;;

Leah: <hiding behind Vince> W-Well, it's your fault!

Jo: >_<

Leah: It -is-! You told me you were a man!

Jo: <twitch> What does -that- have to do anything?

Leah: The spell makes you desire the next member of the opposite sex! If
you didn't think of yourself as female, it would've kicked in when you saw
Ukkyo, and you two would be happy and you wouldn't hate me. ;_;

Jo: <twitchtwitch> <makes a number of quivering, stunted hand gestures,
obviously trying to supress a fundamental, overwhelming rage.> O-kay...I
just...want to make it clear, that while i'm very UPSET...<forces herself to
calm down> I -don't- hate- you. I'm just angry.

Leah: <starts to move from behind Vince> R-really?

Jo: Yes, really. But if you move from behind Vince before I've calmed down a
bit more, I'm still going to cut your head off.

Leah: Eep! <hides again>

Jo: <doing breathing exercises> Okay. Let me get something straight.

Vince: I have a question.

Jo: -_-;

Vince: Didn't she just say that you think of yourself as female?

Jo: ،_،

Vince: -_-; Is there something I should tell my sister when we rescue her?

Jo: It's not -my- fault!. -You- try pumping estrogen through -your- veins for
over a year. Tell me how long -your- manhood stands up. Snowball? Meet hell.
-_-

Vince: ^^; Okay, okay.

Jo: Now can someone -please- explain what's going on?

Leah: Well...

---

Jo: <sitting on the floor> So that's it. <sigh> Well, I'm upset, of course,
but...You were just trying to help...It's no big deal.

Leah: R-really? <steps out from behind Vince>

Jo: Yes, really.

Leah: Wai! <GLOMPs Jo> Thank you, Jo! Thank you so much!

Jo: ^^; Hey, it's not a big deal, you can let go.

Leah: <blushes and steps back, bowing> I'm sorry...I was just so afraid of
being alone again...

Jo: It's alright...9_9 So when will this wear off?

Leah: Pardon? ^^;

Jo: The spell? With Scott? How long does it last?

Leah: ^^;

Jo: Don't tell me it's permanent...^^;

Leah: No...It lasts about three hours, I think.

Jo: Ah, good. That shouldn't be too-...Waitaminuite. It's already -been-
three hours.

Leah: Yes...you're not under the influence anymore. ^^;

Jo: But Scott still sends a flutter through my stomache and a tingle in my
spine. ^^;

Leah: Do you want to sleep with him? ^^;

Jo: Not particularly. ^^;

Leah: Then my spell's gone. Whatever you're feeling now is all from you. ^^;

Jo: <sweatdrop> But that's impossible. I can't be in love with another
-guy-. I -am- one.

Vince: Apparently not, by your own admission.

Jo: But...but...I'm a lesbian, then. I don't find Scott the least bit
attractive! I think he's physically repulsive! Well, okay, that's going
overboard, but still! I mean...How is this possible?

Leah: I don't really know...9_9 I'm sorry I'm so much trouble...

Jo: I mean, I -touched- him...No, I didn't just touch. I grabbed. I even
-stroked- a few times...<buries her face in her hands, then acks and pulls her
right hand away from her face, holding it at distance as she runs back into the
bathroom, proceeding to scrub it vigorously with as much soap as she can
find...

Vince: Well, hey, it could be worse...

Jo: <scrubbing her hand with increasing ferocity.> Your sister's fiancee is
in love with a -man-, and in fact, tried to stroke said man off last night.
How could things possibly be worse??

Vince: You could be brushing your teeth right now.

<there is a momentary pause. Then Jo's face turns bright red, then faces to a
sickly green, then shifts to purple with rage.>

<a moment later, Vince sprints through the restraunt, cackling megalomanaically
as Jo bolts after him, still garbed in little more then the aforementioned
towel.>

The sounds of chaos and volence resound through Zunis as breakfast winds on...

(to be continued)

Scott Schimmel

unread,
Nov 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/15/00
to
jeis...@aol.commissary (Jason Heavensrun) wrote:
Location: Zuni's

Participants: Lots of folks, but here and now, Corrina, Jo, Steve,
Shiro, Stark, Kate, Scott, Leah, Kon Tatsu, Chochitsumi, Jay, Mariko,
Seikan, Hailung, Emi, Kat, and Vince.

Timeline: Morning immediately after Segue To A Close. It's a little
after 7 AM.

<megasnip>

><a moment later, Vince sprints through the restraunt, cackling megalomanaically
>as Jo bolts after him, still garbed in little more then the aforementioned
>towel.>
>
>The sounds of chaos and volence resound through Zunis as breakfast winds on...

Around the table... well, a surprising number of people are more or
less ignoring Jo and Vince after a quick glance to determine that,
yes, they are not imagining things.

And then, there's a few who aren't.

Kate: O_O That's--

Scott: Don't ask.

Kate: But--

Scott: I mean it.

Kate: Isn't--

Scott: You probably don't -really- want to know.

Kate: (shakes her head) Weird.

Scott: (cheerfully) Nah, there are no aliens, small furry animals,
ancient artifacts, or gigantic computerized table-tennis sets involved
yet, so it hasn't passed the local weirdness threshold. (returns to
drinking tea)

Kate: ... @_@;

Steve: Besides, Jo'll calm down before it's time to leave.

Wing: (nods) Probably.

Steve: Quite.

Kate: ^_^;;;

Scott Schimmel * Ex ignorantia ad sapientium;
http://schimmel.sandwich.net * Ex luce ad tenebras.
"You really aren't normal, are you?" - Miki Koishikawa


Ojin

unread,
Nov 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/15/00
to
<cyber snip Nerima 808>

> Puce-chan : Ummm well, it's kinda a long story.. It's a bit tricky to
> explain but don't worry I'm on your side.
>
> Futile : Why can't you tell us ?
>
> Puce-chan : I'm sorry, I just can't <starts to sob>
>
> Pucechan runs out of the apartment, turns and looks at Yohann and
leaves
>
> Futile : She seems upset.
>
> Yohann turns to Futile stares at her a while and hangs his head.
>
> Futile : What ?
>
> ------
>
> Somewhere close by the apartment
>
> Puce-chan wanders the streets, the whole world on her shoulders.
>
> Puce-chan <thinking> : Why has everything suddenly become so
> difficult ? My mission was simple, but now the goals don't seem so
> clear.
>
> Puce-chan sits on the nearest steps she comes to and stares down at
the
> ground. She starts to cry.
>
> Puce-chan <thinking> : I'm so so sorry Yohann, I'm so sorry. I have to
> do what I came here to do. I have to get back.
>
> With that her tears splash onto the ground, within them all she can
see
> is Yohann.

She sits and stares at the rain-soaked ground, her tears melding into
invisibility in the puddles that lie there. Another tear falls into the
pool, disrupting the image of Yohann that she sees there. As the puddle
grows still again, another face takes shape... her own, reflected back
at her. She sighs and closes her eyes, and when she opens them a third
figure has appeared... Futile, stood looking down at her with a look of
concern on her face.

Futile: Puce-Chan? Are you okay?

Puce: Yeah... I guess...

Futile: Don't run off like that... you scared us. The last two people
that did it came back unconcious...

Puce: Don't worry about me.

Futile: Are you kidding? It's a dangerous city out there, and you don't
even have your weapons or anything! Come on back inside and we'll
actually make a -plan-, okay?

Puce: ... okay.

-- Inside the manor

Yohann half sits, half slumps on the floor in Kiwi's apartment, the
door open as he watches for Futile's return. Through the open portal he
sees Penny, walking slowly past with a grin on her face and her eyes
half shut as though in a daze.

Yohann: Hey!

Penny: ...?

Yohann: Hey! Er... Penny?

Penny: Huh? Oh... um, hello... ^^;

Yohann: You're the girl with the spaceship aren't you?

Penny: ... I've been called worse, yes. Why do you ask?

Yohann: <embarassed> Well, we've had a little trouble with an EMP, and
I was wondering... have you any spare parts?

Futile and Puce-Chan anter the room a short while later to find Yohann
and Penny sat in a small pile of parts. Penny has an increasingly
dumbfounded expression as she watches Yohann's hands dart in and out of
the pile seeingly at random, dragging objects into what looks like a
slimmed down version of his chair.

Penny: I don't believe it... this is insane!

Yohann: Huh? What do you mean?

Penny: That! Look! That circuitboard isn't even connected!

She reaches out and plucks said object from the chairs bodywork.
Suddenly a hum, which was alost imperceptable before, stops.

Penny: What happened?

Yohann: Um... it needs that to work.

Penny: 0_o;

Puce: I'm back...

Yohann: Puce-Chan! Why did you run off like that?

Puce: I'm sorry... I just...

Yohann: <pauses for a moment> ... That's okay. I fixed your equipment
by the way.

Puce: Great! Then we can start tracking down Gerhardt...

Yohann: I'm not sure... I want to see how Kiwi is first...

Penny: ... Kiwi! I'd almost forgotten to check back on her... How -is-
she doing?

Futile: She was asleep when I left. Maybe...

As she speaks the door to Futiles room opens and Megumi, looking a
little tired still, enters.

Megumi: Kiwi just woke up. She says she wants to see Yuri.

Yohann: <snapping the cover to his chair's electrics shut> Damn.
Someone help get me into this chair, could you?

He is lifetd into his chair by Futile, then pilots himself through to
Kiwi's room once again. Entering, he sees Nezumi looking down at her
with worry.

Yohann: Kiwi? Are you okay?

Kiwi: Sleepy. Where's Yuri?

Yohann: I'm sorry. My father got her... he kidnapped her.

Kiwi: No...! Got to.. get her...

Nezumi: No! You're still too weak... you need to rest.

Kiwi doesn't answer, instead slowly swinging herself out of bed. She
lowers her feet to the floor and tries to stand, but slumps forward
instead, grabbing Yohann's chair for support.

Yohann: Kiwi... I think that she's right. You need more rest.

Kiwi: No. Need to get... to ground...

She pulls herself further forward, edging her way through the room.
Yohann moves to stop her, then thinks better of it. He moves through
the apartment behind her, shaking his head as Futile stands up to stop
her moving. Kiwi continues slowly, very slowly along the coridoor and
down the stairs. She crosses the reception, Feathers getting up to
follow her as she does so. She is about to speak out when Kiwi reaches
the door, pushes it open with what is left of her strangth, and
collapses on the street.

Yohann: Kiwi!

He speeds his chair forward, pulling alongside her with a look of
terror on his face.

Yohann: Kiwi, are you okay?

Kiwi seems to draw in on herself for a moment, then crawls to her
knees, gasping a little fro breath.

Kiwi: I'll be okay... just give... me a minute. I'm starting to feel
better allready.

In the skies above the sun continues to climb higher, drying the rain-
swept streets of Nerima. Kiwi grimaces as she moves to stand.

Kiwi: We're going to get Yuri back...

--

Time Lady

unread,
Nov 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/15/00
to
In article <3a12f3d1...@netnews.voicenet.com>, schi...@voicenet.com
says...

>
>jeis...@aol.commissary (Jason Heavensrun) wrote:
Location: Zuni's

Participants: Lots of folks, but here and now, Corrina, Jo, Steve,
Shiro, Stark, Kate, Scott, Leah, Kon Tatsu, Chochitsumi, Jay, Mariko,
Seikan, Hailung, Emi, Kat, and Vince.

Timeline: Morning immediately after Segue To A Close. It's a little
after 7 AM.

<megasnip>
>


>><a moment later, Vince sprints through the restraunt, cackling megalomanaically
>>as Jo bolts after him, still garbed in little more then the aforementioned
>>towel.>
>>
>>The sounds of chaos and volence resound through Zunis as breakfast winds on...
>

>Around the table... well, a surprising number of people are more or
>less ignoring Jo and Vince after a quick glance to determine that,
>yes, they are not imagining things.
>
>And then, there's a few who aren't.
>

Corrina: Oh lovely...

>Kate: O_O That's--
>
>Scott: Don't ask.
>
>Kate: But--
>
>Scott: I mean it.
>
>Kate: Isn't--
>
>Scott: You probably don't -really- want to know.
>
>Kate: (shakes her head) Weird.
>
>Scott: (cheerfully) Nah, there are no aliens, small furry animals,
>ancient artifacts, or gigantic computerized table-tennis sets involved
>yet, so it hasn't passed the local weirdness threshold. (returns to
>drinking tea)
>

Corrina: NO ALIENS? WHAT DO YOU MEAN NO ALIENS? <MEGAGLARE>

Scott: ^^;; Well, present company excepted, of course....

>Kate: ... @_@;

Corrina: Hmph.

Scott: At least there are no ravening, non-human appearing aliens.


>
>Steve: Besides, Jo'll calm down before it's time to leave.
>
>Wing: (nods) Probably.
>
>Steve: Quite.
>
>Kate: ^_^;;;
>

Corrina: Let's bloody well get on with things. The sooner I find that blasted
anomoly, the sooner I can go back to Gallifrey and get my TARDIS repaired.

- Time Lady


Kate Christoffel

unread,
Nov 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/18/00
to
Location: Zuni's

Participants: Lots of folks, but here and now, Corrina, Jo, Steve,

Stark, Kate, Scott, Leah, Kon Tatsu, Chochitsumi, Jay, Mariko,
Seikan, Hailung, Emi, Kat, and Vince.

Timeline: Morning immediately after Segue To A Close. It's a little
after 7 AM.

Time Lady (sail...@swbell.net) wrote:

> schi...@voicenet.com says...
> >
> >jeis...@aol.commissary (Jason Heavensrun) wrote:
>

> <megasnip>


> >
> >><a moment later, Vince sprints through the restraunt, cackling megalomanaically
> >>as Jo bolts after him, still garbed in little more then the aforementioned
> >>towel.>
> >>
> >>The sounds of chaos and volence resound through Zunis as breakfast winds on...
> >

-- Training Room

<SLAM>
<SLAM>
<THUD>

<Jo unleashes a series of rapid kicks and punches on a large pole, their
speed belying the force with which each connects. Sweat streams down
her half-naked body, and she pauses. First Jo twitches her left wrist,
then her right, each time sending a sparkling shower of sweat flying
off her skin, then she stands motionless, save for the rising and
falling of her chest. She then begins to repeat her assault, as
several people gather to watch.>

Chochi: What she doing?

Steve: She's priming her body into a state of total martial awareness.

Chochi: Why's that?

Steve: To take her mind off of any distractions.

Chochi: Why's that?

Steve: Because she doesn't want to be distracted.

Chochi: Why's that?

Steve: Because she's going into a big battle.

Chochi: <giggle> Why that?

<As Steve continues to explain, a chill works it's way up Jo's spine.
Unnoticed by the others, she shivers, as first the colour drains from
the world around her, followed by form. She finds herself standing in
a field of grey mist, a figure approaching in shadows.>

Jo: Wh-who's there?

<She tries to assume a battle stance, but her body refuses to obey.
As she stands helplessly, a monochromatic woman in a kimono appears,
floating before her. Her mouth is covered by a folding fan, and cannot
be seen moving as she speaks.>

Geisha: You Will Leave.

Jo: Yes... it's time to leave.

Geisha: You Will Know Your Destination.

Jo: Yes... I know where to go.

<Everyone gathers around Jo, poking and prodding her in confusion, as
she stares into thin air and talks to nobody. With a loud, yet
inaudible snap, her eyes come back into focus, and she yelps at the
curious violations of her body.>

Jo: Steven... you can stop pinching my thigh. -_-;;;

Steve: A-heh... <hand behind head> Just trying to wake you up... ^_^;;;

Jo: <shakes her head> It doesn't matter... it's time to leave. Get
everyone together, while I set up the flight plan.

<She turns to leave, pauses at the door, and shudders, before walking
on with a resolute look on her face.>

--

Kate Christoffel
de...@wizard.net
www.wizard.net/~deva

Time Lady

unread,
Nov 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/22/00
to
Steven Scougall wrote:

> In article <MPG.1480df807...@news.newsguy.com>,
> Kate Christoffel <de...@wizard.net> wrote:
>

Location: Zuni's

Participants: Lots of folks, but here and now, Corrina, Jo, Steve, Stark,
Kate, Scott, Leah, Kon Tatsu, Chochitsumi, Jay, Mariko, Seikan, Hailung,
Emi, Kat, Vince, Zoe, and Michael.

>

Timeline: Morning immediately after Segue To A Close. It's a little after
7 AM.

>

<huge snip>

>
>
> --- Outside dojo ---
>
> Lots of people are milling around and getting ready to go, creating the
> kind of pressing crowd that seems almost impossible to get through.
> But somehow, Jo is moving through it.
>
> And then Zoe pushes through it, her sorta-adopted-little-brother
> Michael trailing along behind her.
>
> Jo: Morning, Zoe. Are you coming?
>
> Zoe: Hai, Jo-san! But there's a problem. I'm not sure Michael should
> be coming but I don't know anybody here who can take care of him while
> he's gone and I really want to come but can't until I've worked out
> something for Michael.
>
> Michael: Don't wanna stay behind! I wanna come too!
>
> Zoe: Mikey, I'm sorry, but you can't. It's too dangerous.
>
> Michael: (Wailing) Wanna come wanna come wanna come! Don't leave me
> alone Zoe-neechan!
>
> Jo: (Rubbing temples) Rrgh.
>
> Zoe: Hai... young kids are sometimes difficult like this...
>
> Jo: (Thinking) Ann's coming with us, and Ranma and Akane are already
> busy with their kids. Nodoka would be good, but she has that psycho
> Ryuu Kumon staying at her place and anyway, Genma might sell the kid to
> someone for food or something. Ukyou's busy running a restaurant.
> (Out loud) Rrgh... Zoe, I'm not sure either. Maybe you could just
> bring him along. In fact, with all of us going along, it's probably
> safer that way.
>
> Zoe: (Doubtful) I'm not sure... I'll think about it, but it still
> seems too dangerous...
>

Corrina: <leaning casually against a wall> Well, for what it's worth, if
you don't want to drag him into battle, I'm sure we could find somewhere
inside the TARDIS to keep him occupied. Otherwise, I would suggest leaving
him at Mystic Manor.

Steve: And the difference between that place and your TARDIS would be...?

Corrina: Supervision. There's a woman there.... Feathers Schwartz, the
office manager.... who I'm sure will take care of him. She's notorious for
"adopting" anyone who seems in need of a mother. I play bridge with her and
Death on occasion....

Zoe: o_O

Corrina: Anyhow, she's been taking care of a young boy just a little older
than Michael. I'm sure she wouldn't mind watching him while we're taking
care of business. But the decision is yours.

>
> (To be continued)
>

Hmmm.... Michael and Ryuji together.... now that would be a scary thought...


--
It's not PMS. I'm always bitchy.
When it _is_ PMS, watch out. --Time Lady

190/172/169/115
original /current/current goal/overall goal

-"Some people have an inner child, some people hear an inner voice. Some
people have inner calm, (good for them) but me I got no choice. Some people
have an inner cop, some people hear an inner clown, but I've got me an inner
bitch and it's hard to keep that inner bitch down..."
--"Getting In Touch With My Inner Bitch" by Christine Lavin.

-"Save your sons, shield your daughters.... there's Viagra in the
water...."
--"Viagra In the Water" by Camille West

Time Lady - sail...@swbell.net, sail...@hotmail.com, sail...@my-deja.com
-Visit the Mystic Manor Homepage http://members.tripod.com/~MysticManor

Steven Scougall

unread,
Nov 22, 2000, 10:27:53 PM11/22/00
to
In article <MPG.1480df807...@news.newsguy.com>,
Kate Christoffel <de...@wizard.net> wrote:
> Location: Zuni's

Participants: Lots of folks, but here and now, Corrina, Jo, Steve,

Stark, Kate, Scott, Leah, Kon Tatsu, Chochitsumi, Jay, Mariko,
Seikan, Hailung, Emi, Kat, Vince, Zoe, and Michael.

Timeline: Morning immediately after Segue To A Close. It's a little
after 7 AM.

Time Lady (sail...@swbell.net) wrote:

> > schi...@voicenet.com says...
> > >
> > >jeis...@aol.commissary (Jason Heavensrun) wrote:
> >
> > <megasnip>
> > >

> > >><a moment later, Vince sprints through the restraunt, cackling
> > >>megalomanaically
> > >>as Jo bolts after him, still garbed in little more then the
aforementioned
> > >>towel.>
> > >>
> > >>The sounds of chaos and volence resound through Zunis as
breakfast winds on...
> > >

Steve: Hrm. I thought we'd be standing around for another half hour
at least before someone said "let's go." But nevermind.

Chochi: Why's that?

Steve: Because we're finally heading off again. Because we're finally
going to get around to rescuing Amy and Chyron-san.

Chochi: Who're they?

Steve: Amy is Jo's... er... y'know, and Chyron is a... she's a friend.

Ann: Just a friend?

Steve: (Hand behind head) Aheh. You know me.

--- Outside dojo ---

Jo: (Rubbing temples) Rrgh.

(To be continued)

--
Steven Scougall s_sco...@mailandnews.com
Go beyond forever at http://w3.to/beyond_forever

sanjian

unread,
Nov 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/25/00
to
"Time Lady" <sail...@swbell.net> wrote in message
news:3A1CA4D2...@swbell.net...
> Steven Scougall wrote:

> Steve: And the difference between that place and your TARDIS would be...?
>
> Corrina: Supervision. There's a woman there.... Feathers Schwartz, the
> office manager.... who I'm sure will take care of him. She's notorious
for
> "adopting" anyone who seems in need of a mother. I play bridge with her
and
> Death on occasion....
>
> Zoe: o_O
>
> Corrina: Anyhow, she's been taking care of a young boy just a little
older
> than Michael. I'm sure she wouldn't mind watching him while we're taking
> care of business. But the decision is yours.

Arashi: I could watch him. Until my rehab is complete, I'm pretty much out
of the action.

Terra: Since she's got Sue to help her, it shouldn't be too hard.

Jo: Then he won't be coming with us?

Terra: Not this time. He says he was in the way last time, and he doesn't
want to hold you back. I don't know why you have a grudge against the kid.

Jo: <shrugs>

Arashi: Anyways, I'm not exactly here to chat. Jacen won't be able to go
with you.

Jo: Hmm, I noticed he was missing... Any particular reason?

Arashi: It's Kasumi. She's been kidnapped by a demon, called himself
"P-word". Tough S.O.B., too.

Mina: Various shocked reactions, shown on a split screen, with a new panel
being formed for each person.

Jo: Plunger... Damn, I had a feeling he'd show up... (closes eyes, as if
trying to sort things out) I can't. As much as I want to, I have to do
this.

Arashi: (waving hand) No no no no, I didn't come here to try to pull you
in, I know you've got alot going on right now. I just came as a favor to
Jacen, since he's keeping Nabiki from going off the deep end right now.

Jo: Ok, thanks for the info.

Arashi: No problem. Anyways, I gotta head back to the manor. (takes
Michael's hand) I'll take him back.

Michael: But I don't want to leave. I don't want to go with o-basan!

Arashi: [eyetwitch] (mumble) call me that again, and it's not going to be
fun, shorty...

The two head down the street, towards the Mystic Manor, passing Iago, who is
approaching the party.

Iago: So, I guess this is where we begin.

--
_____________________
sanji...@widowMUNGmaker.com
P.A.C. Order of the Mallet
GRIT Historian
Broken Angel: http://www.widomaker.com/~sanjian/

"I'm a man... but I can change... If I have to... I guess."
-- Red Green

Memories are the refuge of those
who's pasts are brighter then their futures.
They reflect on times
When our hopes outweighed our regrets.


sanjian

unread,
Nov 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/25/00
to
"Ojin" <ojin_...@my-deja.com> wrote in message
news:8uv61e$2q7$1...@nnrp1.deja.com...
> <cyber snip Nerima 808>

> He speeds his chair forward, pulling alongside her with a look of
> terror on his face.
>
> Yohann: Kiwi, are you okay?
>
> Kiwi seems to draw in on herself for a moment, then crawls to her
> knees, gasping a little fro breath.
>
> Kiwi: I'll be okay... just give... me a minute. I'm starting to feel
> better allready.
>
> In the skies above the sun continues to climb higher, drying the rain-
> swept streets of Nerima. Kiwi grimaces as she moves to stand.
>
> Kiwi: We're going to get Yuri back...

Shelley: Sorry, but not yet, Kiwi-san.

Kiwi turns to protest, but slumps onto his right arm instead, his left hand
having found a pressure point. Shelley picks up the unconscious girl, and
carries her back up to her room, and places her in her bed.

Futile: She's worried about Yuri, you know.

Shelley: She can worry all she wants. Until she gets better, she's only
going to make things worse. Anyways, we're spread too thin. We've got to
take these problems one at a time.

PowerOfQi

unread,
Nov 25, 2000, 10:22:29 PM11/25/00
to
Location: Zuni's

Participants: Lots of folks, but here and now, Corrina, Jo, Steve, Stark, Kate,
Scott, Leah, Kon Tatsu, Chochitsumi, Jay, Mariko, Seikan, Hailung, Emi, Kat,
Vince, Zoe, and Michael.

Timeline: Morning immediately after Segue To A Close. It's a little after 7
AM.

I've ressurected the header, though I have a feeling something's a bit off.
Might be my imagination.

<SNIP>

Back at the shuttle.

Jo: Plunger. Damn, what timing.

Stark: Don't worry, Jo. If he's still around when we get back, we'll kick his
ass next. Anyway, Jacen'll be here, and I doubt Ranma'd let some loser demon
get away. I know I hate to miss a change to pound any denizen of Hell, but we
both trust your brother, right?

Jo: Of course, though I'd still help if I wasn't doing this.

Stark: If it helps, I believe this quest is important, too. I'm still behind
you, like I promissed I'd be. The lot of us are. Don't think you're dragging us
along on any personal jihad or anything.

Jo: So, what are you doing with Kat?

Stark: She's coming along. We may be going somewhere dangerous, but I can't let
her out of my sight. Not ever again. I suppose you'll be doing the same thing
with Amy, when we rescue her. And don't you dare say: "if we rescue her,"
because it's damn sure "when".

Jo: So, are you just trying to cheer me up?

Stark: I got your back, is all. I'm just reminding you, in case you need
reminding. Everybody who's behind you is behind you 'cause we believe in you,
so you'd better not give up, ever. Maybe you can't do it alone, but you ain't,
so don't worry about that. And I for one would take a shot for you even if you
yell at me not to, so don't think about that, either. Just think of a suitable
way to stomp Apollo. Don't want him getting less than he deserves, just because
you had to come up with a punishment last minute.

Ugh. Don't think I'm writing this well. I think I'd better leave the response
for Jason before I give him something stupid to fix.

Kate Malloy

unread,
Nov 27, 2000, 10:21:54 PM11/27/00
to

Participants: Lots of folks, but here and now, Corrina, Jo, Steve,
Stark, Kate, Scott, Leah, Kon Tatsu, Chochitsumi, Jay, Mariko, Seikan,
Hailung, Emi, Kat, Vince, Zoe, and Michael.

Timeline: Morning immediately after Segue To A Close. It's a little
after 7 AM.
>
> I've ressurected the header, though I have a feeling something's a bit off.
> Might be my imagination.

We *may* be missing a person or two. Not entirely sure.

> Back at the shuttle.
>
> Jo: Plunger. Damn, what timing.
>
> Stark: Don't worry, Jo. If he's still around when we get back, we'll kick his
> ass next. Anyway, Jacen'll be here, and I doubt Ranma'd let some loser demon
> get away. I know I hate to miss a change to pound any denizen of Hell, but we
> both trust your brother, right?
>
> Jo: Of course, though I'd still help if I wasn't doing this.
>
> Stark: If it helps, I believe this quest is important, too. I'm still behind
> you, like I promissed I'd be. The lot of us are. Don't think you're dragging us
> along on any personal jihad or anything.
>
> Jo: So, what are you doing with Kat?
>
> Stark: She's coming along. We may be going somewhere dangerous, but I can't let
> her out of my sight. Not ever again. I suppose you'll be doing the same thing
> with Amy, when we rescue her. And don't you dare say: "if we rescue her,"
> because it's damn sure "when".
>
> Jo: So, are you just trying to cheer me up?
>
> Stark: I got your back, is all. I'm just reminding you, in case you need
> reminding. Everybody who's behind you is behind you 'cause we believe in you,
> so you'd better not give up, ever. Maybe you can't do it alone, but you ain't,
> so don't worry about that. And I for one would take a shot for you even if you
> yell at me not to, so don't think about that, either. Just think of a suitable
> way to stomp Apollo. Don't want him getting less than he deserves, just because
> you had to come up with a punishment last minute.

(And more-or-less concurrent with the above conversation and those that
preceded it...)

(A rather distracted Kate wanders the halls of Zuni's, having lost track
of Scott amidst the hectic preparations for departure.)

Kate: Damn. Missed my chance again. *Now* where did he go? I have to
find him before they all leave on whatever quest they're supposedly
going on. I *can't* screw up this time.

(And because she's busy talking to herself, she doesn't notice the
figure up the hall from her, glaring in anger and dismay at the broken
door to the baths.)

Ukkyo: Glad I took a shower last night... but this is *ridiculous!*
Who's responsible for this?

(Kate looks up at the angry young woman and looks embarrassed for one
second before deciding to blame the whole thing on Kon Tatsu if anyone -
especially Ukkyo - asks. Then she decides that perhaps a distraction is
in order, since Ukkyo does look quite upset.)

Kate: Umm... hi! Ukkyo, right?

Ukkyo: Yes. Who're you?

Kate: I'm Kate. I saw you last night, outside.

Ukkyo: Oh, yeah, you were with Steve and Ann. Is there something you
want?

Kate: No, no... just thought I'd introduce myself. ^_^;

Ukkyo: All right. (sighs) Look, I'm not trying to be rude or
anything. I'm just not in the best of moods right now.

Kate: (thinking) She was talking to Scott last night... she's not
interested in him *too*, is she? (out loud) It's okay. I didn't mean
to intrude.

Ukkyo: Nah, you didn't. It's just... well, things have gotten
complicated around here.

Kate: *Tell* me about it. Is it always like this?

Ukkyo: More or less.

Kate (for probably the twentieth time since arriving in Nerima ^_~): Ye
gods, what *have* I gotten myself into? ^^;

Ukkyo: So why are you here?

Kate (blushing): Um... it's not really important right now.

Ukkyo (shrugging): Whatever. (starts to walk off)

Kate: (thinking) Oh! Kon's letter! I should probably warn Ukkyo about
that pervert! (to Ukkyo) Did you get the letter?

Ukkyo: *What* let... oh. (stops short) How did *you* know about that?

Kate: I saw him write it. He saw you looking down and wanted to make
you feel better.

Ukkyo (grumbling): Crazy telepath.

(Kate blinks in surprise.)

Kate: He's a telepath? I didn't know that. Wait... is he here now?

(Ukkyo points down the hallway.)

Ukkyo: Second door on your left. Knock before entering.

Kate: Thanks! I really need to talk to him about something. (She races
off down the hall.)

Ukkyo: Stange girl...

(Meanwhile, Kate knocks upon said door.)

Kate (thinking): Okay, Kon Tatsu. You're about to get what you deserve.

Voice: Enter.

(Kate opens the door to find someone who is definitely *not* Kon Tatsu
sitting in the middle of the floor in a meditative position.)

Kate: Oh, I'm so sorry! I thought you were someone else.

Rarion: 'Tis no bother. Is there any way that I canst assist thee?

Kate: Yes, I... (takes a step forward and blinks rapidly several times)
Oh, my... wow.

Rarion (puzzled): Dost thou have a problem?

Kate: You... you're a telekinetic, aren't you? And a really strong one,
too. Stronger than anyone I've ever met and... oh, dear. Please, sir,
forgive my rudeness. (bows her head)

Rarion: How dist thou know of my powers?

Kate (looks up): Um... I'm a telekinetic too. Though I'm nowhere near
as powerful as you, sir.

Rarion: 'Tis true; thy powers do pale in comparison to mine.

(Kate frowns ever so slightly.)

Kate: And I can sense other psychics. Kinda. The more powerful they
are, the easier it is for me to do it. I'm surprised I didn't notice
you before. Sir.

Rarion: Thou mayest call me Rarion, if thou desirest.

Kate: And I'm Kate. Anyhow, I'm sorry for interrupting you, Sir
Rarion. I was looking for someone else, but you're obviously not him.
I'll just go now. (starts to back away, then bites her lip) Ahhh...

Rarion: Yes?

Kate: Forgive me my boldness, but... would you consider taking me on as
a student? Please?

Rarion: A student? Perhaps... but thou art poorly trained at best. My
teachings may be far beyond what you are even capable of.

Kate: I *know* I haven't had the best background - my family could only
do so much for me - but I'd really like to at least try! Please, Sir
Rarion! I'll give it my all. If it turns out that I can't do it, fine,
but I'll have attempted it!

Rarion: Thine emotional state is fraught with turmoil. Thou art
distracted by a young man. Such distractions only weaken the mind.

(Rarion thinks of Ukkyo and blushes just a little bit, unconsciously
projecting a thought that only someone who's sensitive to those things
might be able to pick up.)

(Kate blinks, for a second seeing an image of Ukkyo. She begins to put
two and two together...)

Kate: Hmmm... and you've never been distracted yourself?

Rarion (a bit quickly): Very well. I shall consider accepting thee as
my student. But be warned. If at any time, thou art proven incapable
of doing the tasks I give thee... I shan't instruct thee any further.

Kate: I promise I'll do my best! Thank you so much... (smiles)
Rarion-sensei.

Rarion: I shalt find thee when I deem the proper time. Fare thee well.
(returns to meditating)

(Kate leaves and quietly shuts the door behind her.)

Kate: This is wonderful! I've found someone who can help me learn to
use my powers! Just like I promised Mother...

(She glances out a nearby window and notices Scott, alone, walking
towards the shuttle.)

Kate: Oh, there he is! *Now* maybe I can talk to him before he leaves.
*Without* any interruptions.

(And a few moments later, Kate sneaks aboard the shuttle herself.)

(To be continued... honest! ^_^)

*****

RL-Note: Thanks go to Talen for the help with Rarion. ^_^

Steven Scougall

unread,
Nov 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/28/00
to
In article <t1vv02c...@corp.supernews.com>,

"sanjian" <san...@widomaker.com> wrote:
> "Time Lady" <sail...@swbell.net> wrote in message
> news:3A1CA4D2...@swbell.net...
> > Steven Scougall wrote:
>
> > Steve: And the difference between that place and your TARDIS would
be...?
> >
> > Corrina: Supervision. There's a woman there.... Feathers
Schwartz, the
> > office manager.... who I'm sure will take care of him. She's
notorious
> for
> > "adopting" anyone who seems in need of a mother. I play bridge
with her
> and
> > Death on occasion....

Zoe: o_O Death?

Corrina: (Shortly) Yes. Anyhow, she's been taking care of a young


boy just a little older than Michael. I'm sure she wouldn't mind
watching him while we're taking care of business. But the decision is
yours.

Zoe: That sounds fine, I guess. I'd like to see him off and talk to
Feathers, though...

Jo: No time, we have to be *going*.

Zoe: *sigh*

> Arashi: I could watch him. Until my rehab is complete, I'm pretty
> much out of the action.

Zoe: But-

Ann: I can help you get over there and back in no time at all.

Zoe: Let me guess. Teleportation?

Ann: (Smiling) Yes.

Jo: Thanks Ann.

Zoe: (To Arashi, dubiously) Is it really alright?

Michael's hand) Come on, Michael-chan.

Michael: But I don't want to leave. I want to stay with neechan!

Zoe: It's okay, Michael, I'll be back soon.

Michael: Wanna go with you! I don't want to go with o-basan!

Arashi: [eyetwitch] (mumble) call me that again, and it's not going
to be fun, shorty...

Ann: Let me. (Extends her hands and the other take them; a second
later all four have disappeared)

--- Mystic Manor lobby ---

The four reappear, Ann letting their hands go.

Feathers: (Looking up) O_O

Ann: Sorry to intrude, Mrs. Schwartz.

Feathers: It's... Ann Scougall, isn't it? I've heard about you. Why
are you here?

Ann: (Encouragingly) Go on, Zoe, Arashi.

Zoe: Um... Mrs. Schwartz? I'm going with everybody else on this trip
of theirs, but I can't take Michael here along (indicates Michael,
who's hiding behind her leg) because it'd be too dangerous, and Arashi-
san has already said she'd help in looking after him, and I heard that
you were already looking after another young boy and would you mind
helping look after Michael while we're away?

Feathers: Breathe, girl.

Zoe: Ye- yeah... (Gives Michael an encouraging pat on the shoulder)
Go on, Mikey, go see the nice lady.

Michael warily steps out from behind Zoe.

Feathers: Is he your brother? And how old is he?

Micahel: Zoe's my big sis!

Zoe: ...not really. We found him abandoned in Mexico and I've been
looking after him ever since, and I'm not really sure how old he is.
Four or so.

Feathers: (Picks Michael up and gives him an affectionate hug. He
squrims for a few moments, then relaxes a bit) Aw, you poor thing.

Zoe: Be nice for Mrs. Schwartz, okay?

Michael: ^_^ OK, Zoe-neechan!

A minute later Ann and Zoe arrive back at Zuni's. In the middle
distance is Iago, who is approaching the party.

> Iago: So, I guess this is where we begin.

Steven Scougall

unread,
Nov 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/28/00
to
In article <20001125222229...@ng-ch1.aol.com>,

powe...@aol.com (PowerOfQi) wrote:
> Location: Zuni's

Participants: Lots of folks, but here and now, Corrina, Jo, Steve,
Stark, Kate, Scott, Leah, Kon Tatsu, Chochitsumi, Jay, Mariko, Seikan,

Hailung, Emi, Kat, Vince, Zoe, Iago. Michael and Arashi have moved off
to Mystic Manor. I think. There might be some missing.

Timeline: Morning immediately after Segue To A Close. It's a little
after 7 AM.

>

Steve: So where *are* we going, anyway?

Jo: I really wish we had a Keys radar, so we could tell where they are
now.

Mist: I may be able to be of some assistance in that regard.

RL-Note: I seem to remember that Mist could pick out the rough
direction of the keys, and I'm pretty sure he's with the current
group. If this is wrong then feel free to ignore this post.

Ann: Wouldn't the site of the ruined Atlantean temple be a good place
to start looking? I could perhaps lead you back there.

Mist: (Eyes flash and turn a faint shade of red for annoyance)
Hardly, girl. The place is probably completely underwater by now, and
Apollo and his goons would be long gone.

Ann: But... maybe there'd be a clue...

Mist: (Grumbles) You Scougalls may be decent fighters but are hardly
good thinkers. Let me and Heavensrun handle this, 'Miss' Scougall.

Ann: (Mouth opens in surprise) But -

Steve: (Placing a hand on her shoulder) Leave it, Ann. I annoyed him
when we in China, and I seem to remember that you annoyed him back
when... er... Shiro was dead...

Ann: (Eyes downcast) Hai... I remember... Least it wasn't
permanent...

Steve: Come on, don't be so down.

--- Discussion with Mist and Jo ---

Mist: The fact is, neither Apollo nor Caine nor us has all the Keys.
To get any use, they'll have to come to us, or go after each other
first. If we present ourselves and the Keys as bait, then we could
lure them into a trap.

Jo: So you can't detect where they are.

Mist: (Clearly uncomfortable) I appear to be temporarily
disadvantaged in that regard, yes. Only the ones we hold are clear to
my senses.

(To be continued?)

Ojin

unread,
Nov 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/28/00
to
In article <t1vvg8m...@corp.supernews.com>,

"sanjian" <san...@widomaker.com> wrote:
> "Ojin" <ojin_...@my-deja.com> wrote in message
> news:8uv61e$2q7$1...@nnrp1.deja.com...
> > <cyber snip Nerima 808>
>
> > He speeds his chair forward, pulling alongside her with a look of
> > terror on his face.
> >
> > Yohann: Kiwi, are you okay?
> >
> > Kiwi seems to draw in on herself for a moment, then crawls to her
> > knees, gasping a little fro breath.
> >
> > Kiwi: I'll be okay... just give... me a minute. I'm starting to feel
> > better allready.
> >
> > In the skies above the sun continues to climb higher, drying the
rain-
> > swept streets of Nerima. Kiwi grimaces as she moves to stand.
> >
> > Kiwi: We're going to get Yuri back...
>
> Shelley: Sorry, but not yet, Kiwi-san.
>
> Kiwi turns to protest, but slumps onto his right arm instead, his
left hand
> having found a pressure point. Shelley picks up the unconscious
girl, and
> carries her back up to her room, and places her in her bed.
>
> Futile: She's worried about Yuri, you know.
>
> Shelley: She can worry all she wants. Until she gets better, she's
only
> going to make things worse. Anyways, we're spread too thin. We've
got to
> take these problems one at a time.

Shelley leaves the room, to see Yohann hovering in the coridoor
outside. The younger technologists face is furious as he swings the
chair around to face Shelley.

Yohann: What the -hell- was all that about? Why did you -do- that?

Shelley: She was causing a distraction. We need to go and stop Incense
first.

Yohann: What? Are you crazy? I've not even been here long and even -
I've- heard enough to know that that's suicide!

Shelley: People are trapped in there! We have to get them out!

Yohann: Like Ro did? Don't be an idiot Shelley! There aren't enough
people to even make a dint in that places defenses, from what I've
heard. We need all the help we can get, not someone knocking people out!

Shelley: She was too weak, still. She'd have been a risk.

Yohann: -No-. I trust her, and if she says that she's well enough to
fight, then I -trust- her.

Shelley: No offence Yohann, but I don't think that you can see past
your own opinions.

Yohann is about to respond when Puce-Chan emerges, looking concerned.

Puce-Chan: Um, Yohann... when you fixed this, did you do anything to it?

Yohann: Huh? <he turns to face her> I... don't think so. I just put it
together to do what I thought it did before.

Puce-Chan: Oh. Then it must still be broken.

Yohann: Huh? Why?

Puce-Chan: I tried to scan for Gerhardt, but I keep getting all these
other blips on the scanner.

Yohann takes the scanner from her and peers at it, then looks back at
the girls face.

Yohann: It didn't do this before?

Puce-Chan: No... it's a DNA scanner. What's it picking up?

Yohann: Energy, from the look of it, as well as DNA patterns. This dot
here is my father... this one is... me?

Puce-Chan: It was encoded with your DNA as well... I had to find you,
and that was the quickest way. But what are the other dots?

Yohann pauses, then shakes his head.

Yohann: Energy sources. All the major ones in the area.

Puce-Chan points to a huge blur on the scanner.

Puce-Chan: What's that?

Shelley: <looking over her shoulder> That's the Ken-Ni-Kaze. Incense.

Puce-Chan: And that?

She point to another blur, of smaller, but equally bright, proportions,
inside of which is the dot portraying Gerhardt's DNA pattern.

Shelley: It's... GNIT? That can't be right...

Puce-Chan: Hmmm?

Shelley: Even with the tutors and the students as well as Yuri and the
others... there shouldn't be that much energy there. Unless...

Yohann: Hmm?

Shelley shales his head and hands the device back to Puce-Chan. He
heads down and into the lobby, past where Trina and several others are
sat talking intently. Yohann, not troubled by even walking on stairs,
follows quickly after him.

Yohann: What? What would that energy mean?

Shelley: ...

Yohann slows down and turns away again, but Christine stands to block
Shelley's progress.

Christine: Shelley-san! What is he talking about?

Shelley: <pauses> There's... a lot of energy at the university.

Christine: Energy?

Trina: How do you mean?

Yohann draws alongside her and hands her the scanner. She frowns a
little at it, then hands it to her 'sister'.

Christine: Is that... normal?

Trina: Not at all.

Christine: Maybe there's someone there who could help us?

Trina: Optimistic, but... it could at least be something to hinder
Incense. And I have a feeling...

Christine: Hmmmm?

Trina: I guess we should get everyone together... let them know about
this.

Christine: <nods> Right.

---

A while later, most of those who had been gathered... and a few
others... are again assembled in the yard of the Manor, having had the
situation explained.

Shelley: I still don't know... The Ken Ni Kaze is still a threat...

Christine: I know... but this could help.

Futile: Besides... Yuri is stuck there with whatever the force is... if
it's a threat, she could be in real trouble.

Yohann: -More- than the hostages at the KNK. I don't think my Father
even knows the danger he's put her in...

Christine: Everyone who wants to help, this is it.

Yohann: I... don't know. I might not be much use, and <he shoots a
glare at Shelley> Kiwi is still asleep...

Penny: Kiwi will be okay... Feathers and the others are here, and her
room is safe. And we need all the help we can get.

Yohann: <pauses, then nods> You're right.

Trina: Well, I guess this is it... lets go.

The group heads for the gate of the Manor and leaves, a massed
procession heading towards the GNIT. After they leave, the street is
deserted for a while, then another shadow falls across it. Slowly, the
upright figure of J2 proceeds towards the manor, and eneters, heading
inside. He goes to the reception and leans forward, still as tense as
ever.

J2: Is there a... Yuri resident in the building, madam?

Feathers: Yuri? I'm afraid not. There was a fight, and she got taken. I
think that her friend Kiwi is still in her apartment, though, if she
could help...

--
A little while later, inside Kiwi's room, the door slowly opens. J2
slowly walks across the room and peers down at the sleeping girl,
reaching out to touch her shoulder.

J2: Hello again, Kiwi...

---
TBC
---

----
RL Note:

Yes, I know that the particpants is vague... deliberatly so. This is
it, folks, large plot chunks coming up, and I don't know -every- chara
that's getting involved. Gomen Ne! All those who want in now is a good
time to start...

--
Ojin----------------------------------------------------------------
"What's the betting that when Lenin said 'Workers of the world unite,
you have nothing to loose but your chains!', someone in the croud
said 'He wants to take our chains away...'"
-- The League Against Tedium

Talen

unread,
Nov 28, 2000, 8:22:04 PM11/28/00
to
<snip>

Re: Mist. Mist isn't around, he's "doing stuff", at last check, and
according to plans Blade and I had, he can't turn up until the HHQ
crew _leave_.

He also happens to have Lo Shin, Kei, and I _think_ someone else, but
I'm not sure, with him. So...
--

Talen

http://www.crosswinds.net/~talenkun/

"Don't abuse yourself. That's my job."
- Jason Heavensrun

Steven Scougall

unread,
Nov 28, 2000, 9:44:46 PM11/28/00
to
In article <3a245a0f...@news.optusnet.com.au>,

tal...@optusnet.com.au (Talen) wrote:
> <snip>
>
> Re: Mist. Mist isn't around, he's "doing stuff", at last check, and
> according to plans Blade and I had, he can't turn up until the HHQ
> crew _leave_.
>
> He also happens to have Lo Shin, Kei, and I _think_ someone else, but
> I'm not sure, with him. So...

(Memory fires)

Ah, right.

As I said, feel free to ignore that post. ^_^

Jason Heavensrun

unread,
Nov 29, 2000, 2:42:24 AM11/29/00
to
Okay people, be warned, this is a monster post. ;p

I put a lot of miscellaneous character interaction and development in here, and
if anybody else wants to add/modify something, feel more then free. Last
chance for character development before the megabrawl approaches. ;p

Participants: Corrina, Jo, Ann, Steve, Terra, Stark, Kate, Scott, Leah,
Kaishi, Mian, Kon Tatsu, Chochitsumi, Jay, Jei, Mariko, Seikan, Hailung, Emi,
Kat, Vince, Tsurugi, Rarion, Ukkyo, Zoe, and Michael.

Timeline: Morning immediately after Segue To A Close. It's a little
after 7 AM.

<snip>

not sure either. It'd be a bad idea to bring him along, though.

Zoe: (Nods) Hai, That's true, but...

(and from TL's post...)

>Corrina: <leaning casually against a wall> Well, for what it's worth, if
>you don't want to drag him into battle, I'm sure we could find somewhere
>inside the TARDIS to keep him occupied. Otherwise, I would suggest leaving
>him at Mystic Manor.
>

>Steve: And the difference between that place and your TARDIS would be...?
>
>Corrina: Supervision. There's a woman there.... Feathers Schwartz, the
>office manager.... who I'm sure will take care of him. She's notorious for
>"adopting" anyone who seems in need of a mother. I play bridge with her and
>Death on occasion....
>
>Zoe: o_O
>

>Corrina: Anyhow, she's been taking care of a young boy just a little older
>than Michael. I'm sure she wouldn't mind watching him while we're taking
>care of business. But the decision is yours.

Jo: That seems like the best option right now, unless someone else has a
better suggestion.

<Cue Sanjian's last post...>

>Arashi: I could watch him. Until my rehab is complete, I'm pretty much out
>of the action.
>
>Terra: Since she's got Sue to help her, it shouldn't be too hard.

Jo: So we're leaving the tagalong behind?

Terra: Yes, this time. He says he was in the way last time, and he doesn't


want to hold you back. I don't know why you have a grudge against the kid.

Jo: <shrugs> I don't have a grudge, but where we're going is no place for
children and fanboys. Hell, I'm tempted to tell -Zoe- to stay behind...

Zoe: But-

Jo: But she's proven that she can take care of herself when she needs to. But
even so, I want you to be as careful as possible, and don't start any fights
you can't win. I can't teach -anything- to a corpse.

Zoe: Ahaheheh...^^;;;;

>Arashi: Anyways, I'm not exactly here to chat. Jacen won't be able to go
>with you.

Jo: <blinkblink> Hey, he's not here, is he?... Any particular reason?

Arashi: It's Kasumi. She's been kidnapped by a demon, called himself

"P-word". Tough S.O.B., too. <Jo bristles with ill-concealed rage at the
mention of the demon's name>

>Mina: Various shocked reactions, shown on a split screen, with a new panel
>being formed for each person.

Jo: That obnoxious, Dim-witted, overmuscled son of a -bitch-! Who does he
think he is? >_< <draws her soulsword from nowhere,causing a few people to
draw back suddenly.>

>Arashi: (waving hand) No no no no, I didn't come here to try to pull you
>in, I know you've got alot going on right now. I just came as a favor to
>Jacen, since he's keeping Nabiki from going off the deep end right now.

Jo: <grits her teeth>...Hai. I can't get involved right now anyway...Thank
you for letting us know...

>Arashi: No problem. Anyways, I gotta head back to the manor. (takes


>Michael's hand) I'll take him back.
>
>Michael: But I don't want to leave. I don't want to go with o-basan!
>
>Arashi: [eyetwitch] (mumble) call me that again, and it's not going to be
>fun, shorty...
>
>The two head down the street, towards the Mystic Manor, passing Iago, who is
>approaching the party.
>
>Iago: So, I guess this is where we begin.

<And on to Dan's post...>

>Back at the shuttle.

Jo: <grinding her teeth and quivering slightly as she punches coordinates into
the computer> Plunger. What -typically- -annoying- timing.

Shuttle: Mommy, that hurts...;_;

Jo: <restrains herself slightly and begins tapping numbers more carefully>
I'm sorry, Shuttle.

>Stark: Don't worry, Jo. If he's still around when we get back, we'll kick his
>ass next. Anyway, Jacen'll be here, and I doubt Ranma'd let some loser demon
>get away. I know I hate to miss a change to pound any denizen of Hell, but we
>both trust your brother, right?

Jo: I trust him, but this is personal. <points at her hair> THIS is all -his-
fault. I'd still help if I wasn't doing this.

>Stark: If it helps, I believe this quest is important, too. I'm still behind
>you, like I promissed I'd be. The lot of us are. Don't think you're dragging
>us
>along on any personal jihad or anything.

Jo: So, what's Kat doing?

>Stark: She's coming along. We may be going somewhere dangerous, but I can't
>let
>her out of my sight. Not ever again. I suppose you'll be doing the same thing
>with Amy, when we rescue her. And don't you dare say: "if we rescue her,"
>because it's damn sure "when".
>
>Jo: So, are you just trying to cheer me up?
>
>Stark: I got your back, is all. I'm just reminding you, in case you need
>reminding. Everybody who's behind you is behind you 'cause we believe in you,
>so you'd better not give up, ever. Maybe you can't do it alone, but you
>ain't,
>so don't worry about that. And I for one would take a shot for you even if
>you
>yell at me not to, so don't think about that, either. Just think of a
>suitable
>way to stomp Apollo. Don't want him getting less than he deserves, just
>because
>you had to come up with a punishment last minute.

Jo: <sighs, some of the tension easing out of her form as she leans back>
Thanks, Jared. I think I needed that.

Stark: <shrug> You seemed like you might. Anyway, I know P-word's gotta get
your goat by showing up just now, but You'll get another shot at him. You've
only got one chance to save Amy.

Jo: <nods> I know...<closes her eyes a moment and then stands up, turning
towards the back of the shuttle at the growing mass of people as the music
builds to an inspirational crecendo> And it's not going to be wasted. Okay,
people, this is it. Sort out who's going and who's not, quick, because This
shuttle's taking off in ten minuites regardless of who's on it. I need to know
who's going and who's not!

---Upstairs...

Mariko: But Jei-sama-

Jei: No! And that's the last time I'll tell you. You're not going.

Mariko: But I'm -not- helpless! I can fight better then at least some of the
people Jo's
dragging along. >_<

Jei: That's their problem, not mine.

Mariko: You're taking -her-. >_<

Jei: Su Yee is going along because I don't have a -choice- on that. With you,
I get to make a decision, and the decision is no. <frowns> Listen,
Ma-chan...It's not that I don't want you by my side...<puts his hands on her
shoulders> But this is too dangerous...I don't want to...I -can't- risk your
life on this.

Mariko: <hugs Jei tightly, tears welling in her eyes> I don't want you to go
without me...

Jei: <kisses the top of her head, and hugs her tightly> I don't want to go
without you, either...But if something were to happen to you there...I couldn't
live with myself...At least this way I know you're somewhere else, safe and
sound.

Mariko: <shivers and grips Jei more tightly> But you'll be in danger and I
can't help...

Jei: <smiles down at her and lifts up her chin> I'll be okay. Don't worry
about me. You know me better then to think I'll let a little thing like
insurmountable odds phase me.

Mariko: <chokes off a spurt of tearful laughter, then jumps up into his arms,
pressing her lips against his in a passionate kiss. They hold the pose for
what seems like an eternity, then as their lips part, Mariko speaks, barely a
whisper.> You'd better -promise- me you'll come back, Or so help me, I'll run
off with the next cute guy I meet.

Jei: <grins, and kisses Mariko again, warmly and lovingly, before lowering her
to the floor> I think you already know my answer to that.

Mariko: <smiles as Jei backs out of their room, then her expression fades to
worry and fear as soon as the door closes behind him. She slumps down on the
edge of the bed, moping, then closes her eyes and stands up. Blushing
slightly, she yanks the sheets off the bed and balls them up along with some
discarded items of clothing strewn about the room, then carries them all down
to the laundry room.>

---

<Kaishi stands atop the roof, looking down at the crowd gathering around the
shuttle>

Mian: Yoh says you want to go along with them.

Kaishi: I gave my word to Jo. I will assist her however she may need me.
<holds his Quan Dow pointed down at the shuttle.> Her life will be in peril.
Her friends lives will be in peril. I have to go.

Mian: Chou says you're a sentimental fool. Yoh and Chou say Mian should stay
here.

Kaishi: Perhaps. I never suggested you should come along, Mian.

Mian: Why do you care so much to go, Kaishi?

Kaishi: Because...I have a feeling about these people. Something I haven't
known since I was very little.

Mian: Mian is listening.

Kaishi: <turns his considerably large torso to face her, and bows his long
neck, looking down at her with a sincere expression on his face> Family.

Mian: ...

Kaishi: I'm going. <shifts to full-jaguar form, his Quan-dow vanishing to
"somewhere" as he leaps off the roof, landing on the roof of the shuttle with a
feather-light impact, still managing to startle several of the less experienced
nerimans in the crowd outside the shuttle>

Mian: Yes, Chou, Kaishi is a fool. <looks down at him and the group gathered
around the shuttle> Maybe Mian is too...

---

Ukkyo: <kneels in front of her bed, wearing her usual outfit, unwrapped at the
front exposing the blue leotard she wears under her outer tunic. She spends
several minuites lining the inside of her costume with throwing spatulae and
pouches Of indeterminate contents, then pulls her tunic shut and puts her belt
on, holding her equipment securely against her body, prompting one to wonder
for a moment just how she managed to get all that on under her tunic without
showing even the slightest unusual bump in the contour of her outfit.>

Vince: <leaning against the door frame, giving a flat look> You're coming
along, huh?

Ukkyo: Don't have a lot of choice. Much as I'd like to, I can't just let your
stupid tomboy sister get killed...

Vince: Gee, thanks. -_-

Ukkyo: <frowns and runs a finger along the delicate chain that hangs loosely
around her neck, and glances back at Vince> You...Can't hear each other right
now, can you?

Vince: <fidgets nervously and looks away, folding his arms over his chest.>
No...<sigh> Not at all.

Ukkyo: But she's okay?

Vince: Far as I know. It's not like anything -happened to her...She's just
not -there-. She's blocked off. Jo thinks she's in another dimension or
something.

Ukkyo: I guess...It must be pretty quiet, then, considering you're used to
hearing her whining thoughts all the time.

Vince: In a manner of speaking, yes. -_-;

Ukkyo: I guess...You probably both feel pretty lonely right now.

Vince: <wince>

Ukkyo: <looks down sadly> Nobody deserves to feel that way. It's horrible,
being alone...I can't think of anything that feels worse...

Vince: <eyes narrow> Ukkyo...

Ukkyo: <Turns to Vince> Feh. Don't think I'm getting soft on your bitchy
little sister because of this.. I'm still not forgiving her for stealing Jo
away from me.

Vince: <blinks, then smiles vaguely> And you're still going to steal him back,
right?

Ukkyo: 9_9 Hai. That's the plan.

Vince: If Amy were here, I think her exact words would be "You're welcome to
try, Spatula bitch.". ;p

Ukkyo: Somehow it's just not the same when -you- say it. ^^;

---

And then a big clip from Steve's most recent post which needs some MAJOR
modifications...^^;;;

> Steve: So where *are* we going, anyway?

(Pretty much everything after this has to go, because first off, Jo knows where
to go, and secondly, Mist isn't in Nerima yet. ^^; No offense, Steve. No
suprise you got confused...Nobody's talked about Mist in awhile and there's so
much going on...)

Jo: Atlantis.

Steve: Ah. <nod> I see. Good, good. Er...How?

Jo: Through the gateway.

Steve: <hopeful> Shiro told you where it is?

Jo: No.

Steve: Ah. So, we're going to wander around searching for it?

Jo: No. I know where it is.

Steve: ^^;;;;;

Jo: ^^;;; I can't really explain. I just know where we have to go.

Steve: Ah. ^^;

Jo: Almost through putting in the last details on the flight
plan...Shuttle-chan, you ready?

Shuttle: Hai, mommy! I'll fly -real- fast for you! ^_^ <starts to leave the
ground>

Jo: WOAH, WOAH, NOT YET! <looks back as a few GRITters fall off the back
boarding platform from the sudden movement> SET DOWN, NOW!

Shuttle: But I just wanted to help...;_;

Jo: <through clenched teeth> I realize that, Shuttle-chan, but you have to
stay grounded until everybody's on board and ready to go, otherwise Mommy might
be forced to make you go to sleep mode without recharging your power cells
tonight... -_-

Shuttle: <sniff> I'll be good...

Steve: Er, well, so where is everybody else? Where's Tsu? Did anybody tell
him about Incense?

Jo: Er...

---

Tsu: <tied up in a closet> MMMPH!

---

Jo: Well, let me put it this way, Steve. If Tsu goes back to the KnK, and
meets Incense, she'll blow him away.

Steve: But he'll heal. ^^;

Jo: Right, so she'll hit him -harder-.

Steve: And he'll just heal again. He can't die. ^^;

Jo: Yes, but the rest of Nerima -can-. Now what happens if Tsu keeps getting
up from Incense's blasts?

Steve: <pauses a moment to think, and pictures and SD incense royally pissed
off, glaring at tsu, then a panoramic view of a somehow SD-looking Tokyo being
vaporized by a large mushroom cloud> Ah. I see. So shouldn't somebody go get
him out of the closet if he's going to come with us?

Jo: <nod> Vince is supposed to grab him on the way out.

Jei: <walking on board the shuttle> We're just about ready to go, Bro.
<looks around> Er, has anybody seen Su?

Su Yee: <phasing through the wall behind him, hugging his neck warmly>
<Sighhhh> #^_^#

Jei: <stiffens> <not like that, you hentai!> Er, what's with the sigh?

Su Yee: Oh, nothing. I just had a -very- nice dream last night. ^_^

Jei: Great. Go sit over there, now. If Mariko spots you like that, she'll
kill us both> -_-

Su Yee: Hai...<sits down next to Jei>

Jei: <sigh>

Su Yee: <snuggles his arm> <-siiiiighhhhhh-> #^_^#

Jei: -_-;

Jo: Okay, that's it. The preparations are done, the course is locked in. I
hope nobody needs to go to the bathroom, because we...<punches in a few key
strokes> ...are...<taps in a few more> -outta- here! <-finishes punching in
the commands with a flourish as the engines hum up and she leans back in her
seat. The door seals at the back as the last of the occupants have boarded,
and the shuttle lifts off slowly before bolting off into the skyline.>

Scott: All due respect to Dennis Miller? ;p

Jo: ^^; Hai. I should've known -you'd- spot it. ^^;

Scott: ^^;

U-chan: <grips her shovel a little more tightly>

Ukkyo: Could you have said that with a little less adoration, Jo? -_-;

Jo: I can't help it...;_; (the camera viewpoint pans over to Steve and Wing,
who are sitting a bit behind and to the left of Jo.)

Steve: Well, so much for dramatic departures. :p

Wing: I think he did a fine job. ^_^ I felt inspired!

Steve: ^^;

Jo: Great. -_-;

(and the shuttle zips off towards the sunrise)

Vince Tagle

unread,
Nov 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/30/00
to
Participants: Corrina, Jo, Ann, Steve, Terra, Stark, Kate, Scott, Leah,
Kaishi, Mian, Kon Tatsu, Chochitsumi, Jay, Jei, Mariko, Seikan, Hailung,
Emi,
Kat, Vince, Tsurugi, Rarion, Ukkyo, Zoe, and Michael.

Timeline: Morning immediately after Segue To A Close. It's a little
after 7 AM.

In article <20001129024224...@ng-cs1.aol.com>,
jeis...@aol.commissary (Jason Heavensrun) wrote:

<ULTRASUPPASNNIIPPP!!!>

> Jo: Well, let me put it this way, Steve. If Tsu goes back to the
> KnK, and meets Incense, she'll blow him away.
>
> Steve: But he'll heal. ^^;
>
> Jo: Right, so she'll hit him -harder-.
>
> Steve: And he'll just heal again. He can't die. ^^;
>
> Jo: Yes, but the rest of Nerima -can-. Now what happens if Tsu
> keeps getting up from Incense's blasts?
>
> Steve: <pauses a moment to think, and pictures and SD incense
> royally pissed off, glaring at tsu, then a panoramic view of a
> somehow SD-looking Tokyo being vaporized by a large mushroom cloud>
> Ah. I see. So shouldn't somebody go get him out of the closet if
> he's going to come with us?
>
> Jo: <nod> Vince is supposed to grab him on the way out.

<whump!>

Vince: <claaping his hands clean> I got him, boss.

Tsu: MMMPPPHHH! MMMNNNMMMPHHHHHH!!! >_<

Steve: ^^;;; Shouldn't you at least untie him first?

Vince: <shrug> He'll live.

Jo: We'll let him go once we're safely in the air.

Tsu: ;_;

Vince: <pantomines brushing his teeth> ^_^

Jo: -_-;;;; Remember that you're not connected to Amy right now, Vince.

> Ukkyo: Could you have said that with a little less adoration, Jo?
> -_-;
>
> Jo: I can't help it...;_; (the camera viewpoint pans over to Steve
> and Wing, who are sitting a bit behind and to the left of Jo.)
>
> Steve: Well, so much for dramatic departures. :p
>
> Wing: I think he did a fine job. ^_^ I felt inspired!
>
> Steve: ^^;
>
> Jo: Great. -_-;
>
> (and the shuttle zips off towards the sunrise)

--

Scott Schimmel

unread,
Dec 1, 2000, 12:50:23 AM12/1/00
to
Kate Malloy <kama...@home.com> wrote:
Participants: Here, just Kate, Scott, Jo, Jei, Steve, and Wing.

Timeline: Morning immediately after Segue To A Close. Immediately
before the shuttle launch. The opening part of this scene is sort of
retconned into Jason's earlier post.

Kate co-wrote this post.



>Kate: This is wonderful! I've found someone who can help me learn to
>use my powers! Just like I promised Mother...
>
>(She glances out a nearby window and notices Scott, alone, walking
>towards the shuttle.)
>
>Kate: Oh, there he is! *Now* maybe I can talk to him before he leaves.
>*Without* any interruptions.
>
>(And a few moments later, Kate sneaks aboard the shuttle herself.)

*****

(On the shuttle, Scott is standing near the cockpit. Kate peeks in
the entrance and immediately spots her quarry.)

Kate: *There* you are!

(Scott turns around, surprised.)

Scott: Kate? What are you doing here?

Kate: (walking towards him) Can we talk? Please? I'll try not to
take too long, and then... I'll get out of your way.

Scott: (shrugs) Sure.

(Kate looks around the cockpit at Jei and Jo, and frowns.)

Kate: Is there somewhere more private that we can go?

Scott: This is about as private as we can get here. Don't worry.
(indicates the Heavensruns) They're busy enough getting all the
preparations done.

Kate: (doubtfully) All right, if you say so...

Scott: What did you want to talk about?

Kate: Have you *really* forgotten all about me? I mean, everything?

Scott: Just about. I remember that we knew each other when we were
younger, and a couple of other things that've come back to me, but...

Kate: (sadly) Nothing more than that?

Scott: No. Look, I'm not trying to be cruel here, but I just don't
understand where you're coming from. I haven't seen you in years, and
you suddenly show up and claim that we're engaged.

Kate: But you *promised.* You did!

Scott: Because I said something to the extent of "Sure, if you want,
I'll marry you when we grow up?" I wouldn't exactly consider that a
promise.

Kate: But it's really important!

Scott: Well, I could tell that from your reaction. ^_^; I don't see
why, though. I mean, you were, what, four? I'd think, in all that
time since, your perspective might've changed a -little- bit, you
know?

Kate: (insistent) Do you remember the very last thing that I said to
you? Right before I left?

(In the meantime, Jei and Jo are ready to take off. Jo shoots a
questioning glance at Scott, who shrugs. Jo shakes her head in
annoyance, and gets ready for takeoff.)

Scott: Um... Kate?

(She doesn't seem to hear him at all. In the meantime, the shuttle
has lifted off. And no, she doesn't seem to notice that, either.)

Kate: I asked you to promise that you'd never forget me! And I
promised that I'd come back and find you someday! And you don't even
remember *that?*

(Scott decides to resign himself to the fact that she's coming along,
whether she likes it or not.)

Scott: I'm pretty sure I never made that promise, either. Even back
then, I would've known I couldn't keep it.

Kate: Yes you did! You... well, you sort of nodded. But that's the
same thing, right?

Scott: Or just got depressed and bowed my head... well, never mind.
Honestly? I never expected to see you again.

Kate: I did.

Scott: Well, you were always the optimist...

Kate: See? I knew you remembered! ^_^

Scott: ^_^; But a lot has changed since then. Did you honestly
expect that I wouldn't change at all?

Kate: Yeah, you couldn't punch people through walls when I last saw
you. (smiles slightly) Then again, I've changed a bit myself.

Scott: (shakes his head) Believe me, you don't know the half of it.
(glances around) I'll show you later. There's no room here.

Kate: (slightly puzzled, but ignoring it) But it's okay! I don't
mind at all!

Scott: Kate... you *knew* me a long time ago. You don't know me now.
For that matter, I don't know you now.

Kate: But we can get to know each other! It's not like we have to get
married right away or anything! I can wait!

Scott: (sighing) I don't think you're getting the point, Kate... For
all intents and purposes, you're a stranger to me now. And believe
me, I've gotten stranger to you than you'd ever imagine.

(Kate blinks.)

Kate: You... you don't even like me anymore?

Scott: That's not-

Kate: (interrupting) You don't care at all about me! You've
forgotten about me, and you don't care! You hate me, is that it?

Scott: I don't hate you. I'm sure you're a perfectly nice person. I
just don't -know- you.

Kate: But you forgot me.

Scott: I've forgotten about a lot of people. Haven't you?

Kate: Yes, but... not you. You were my best friend.

Scott: (blinks) What? No, I wasn't...

Kate: You were! And I... I... (sighs) I'm an idiot, aren't I?

Scott: What?

Kate: That must be it. I've made a complete fool out of myself. No
wonder you don't like me.

Scott: (blinks again) -What?- Where did -that- come from?

Kate: Then you do like me after all!

Scott: (rubs his temples) I sense a certain lack of progress, here.

(The shuttle shakes a bit.)

Kate: What was that lurch?

Steve: We just landed.

Kate: Oh, okay... LANDED?! We took off?! When did that happen?

Scott: Around the third time you asked if I'd really forgotten you.

Kate: But this wasn't supposed to happen! I'm not supposed to be
here! I could get *killed* out there!

Wing: I'm sure you won't. ^_^ Think of it this way. If you survive,
you'll have a very interesting story to tell all your friends. ^_^

Kate: "If?" That's ever so comforting...

Jei: There's always an "if".

Scott: Especially with this crowd. You do realize that the people in
this shuttle could probably level a continent if they wanted to,
right?

(Kate turns to face Jo.)

Kate: I'm sorry. I didn't mean to tag along.

Jo: This is a very important mission. We're going to need everyone
we have. I can't spare anyone to babysit you.

Kate: (bristling) Hey, I can take care of myself! I...

(She looks at Jo, then at Scott, then at the others, before taking a
deep breath and continuing.)

Kate: I'm a telekinetic. I'm not nearly on Sir Rarion's level, but I
know a few things. I'm not completely helpless. But... you're the
leader here. If you think I'll only get in the way, just say the word
and I'll stay behind. However, if you believe that I could help you
out, then I'm more than willing to. It's your decision, and I'll
stand by it.

Jo: We don't have time to debate this. If you want to come, fine;
you know the risks. If you don't, just stay here. You'll be safe on
the shuttle, unless something goes horribly wrong.

Kate: And if something does?

Jei: Then you won't be safe on the continent.

Steve: Or possibly the planet. These keys are quite the artifacts.

Kate: O_o; (glances at Scott)

Scott: What? I could say something reassuring here, but it wouldn't
be true. The demons came pretty close to killing us a few times, and
Caine's bunch and the Reactor groupies are both tougher than them.

Kate: Why...?

Scott: (shrugs) Can't let Jo and Steve have all the fun, can I?
Where would they be without me? ^_-

Steve: I can think of places Jo would rather be -with- you. ^_-

Kate: <blinkblink>

Jo: ...Shut up, Steve. >_<;

Scott: I'd have to agree. @_@;

Jo: Anyway, it's time to get moving. Decide what you want to do.

Kate: I... (quickly glances around, from one face to the next, and
nods firmly) I'll come.

(continued in "[GRIT] The Last Day ~ High Noon")

Talen

unread,
Dec 2, 2000, 11:17:30 PM12/2/00
to
On Thu, 30 Nov 2000 21:19:28 -0800, Vince Tagle
<amy...@heartlessbastards.com> wrote:

>Participants: Corrina, Jo, Ann, Steve, Terra, Stark, Kate, Scott, Leah,
>Kaishi, Mian, Kon Tatsu, Chochitsumi, Jay, Jei, Mariko, Seikan, Hailung,
>Emi,
>Kat, Vince, Tsurugi, Rarion, Ukkyo, Zoe, and Michael.
>
>Timeline: Morning immediately after Segue To A Close. It's a little
>after 7 AM.
>

>In article <20001129024224...@ng-cs1.aol.com>,
>jeis...@aol.commissary (Jason Heavensrun) wrote:
>
><ULTRASUPPASNNIIPPP!!!>

-- Out at large in Nerima --
Kon Tatsu decides to slow down and stop running like hell itself is
behind him. For a start, a bit of his brain entitled 'rational
thought' has made its presence known, and the fact that he outstrips
Kate at speed has sunk in.

Kon stops running down the sidewalk and somewhat sourly hops from
groundlevel to an awning, to the roof of a nearby building, swinging
his legs over the side to have half-decent think.

Kon Tatsu: Hm. =.= I didn't need this. <scratches ear> Now, the
question at hand is what the fracking hell Malloy was doing in the
men's baths, or what I was doing in the women's... <he pauses and
thinks over what happened> <there is the audible noise of the penny
dropping> <there is another pause, a slightly more annoyed one>. Pft.
'Mariko'. Hrmp. The _least_ he could have done is to have fracking
well TOLD me, the bastard. <scratches ear> Hm. What to do. I _suppose_
I should give him the benifit of the doubt... Pft. <stretches his neck
as though doing flexing exercises> Screw that. Oh, well, maybe. I
suppose... <pause>

Kon looks behind him with the lazy air one can have when ones senses
outstrip people thousands of times stronger than you.

Kon Tatsu: Knew you were there, BJ.

Behind Kon stands a tall, willowy, young woman... no. A young man. An
_incredibly_ effeminate young man wearing a heavy trenchcoat. His
long, soft, reddish-brown hair falls down around his face and eyes,
concealing his eyes.

'BJ': Hello, Kon.

Kon Tatsu: <turning back to look at the sunrise> Now, let me guess why
you're around here. Kail told you to come? <pauses> Naw, wait, you
wouldn't do what Kail told you if your life depended on it. Nothing in
it for you. <snorts> Why, oh, why, did he pick _you_...

'BJ': Perhaps... perhaps it is because our disparate nature.

Kon Tatsu: Disparate nature is one thing. The fact is, we all hate one
another's guts.

'BJ': Yeah... but I don't go about putting holes in your heart.

Kon Tatsu: <lock up> <pause> <TURN> WHAT?

'BJ': You could have at least given him a decent _burial_, Kon. If
nothing else, he _is_ your brother.

Kon Tatsu: <pause> Was. And he didn't deserve one.

'BJ': ...

Kon Tatsu: Yeah, I admit it. I killed him. I murdered him. Snuck up
behind him when he had his shirt off and ripped his heart open. Watch
me give a crap.

'BJ': I didn't expect you to _deny_ it. <sighs>

Kon Tatsu: And you won't do a damn thing about it. <stands up> It's
not in your character, <stares BJ straight in the eyes> It's not in
your nature, you pansy. <shoves BJ out of his way as he stalks away to
the edge of the building, about to leap to the next>

'BJ': Of course, you do know that there _will_ be ramifications.

Kon Tatsu: <turning> Ramifications? Don't make me _LAUGH_. Who would
give a damn about that piece of human waste?

'BJ': -

Kon Tatsu: No, don't tell me. You. That's one person. 9.9 Psht. Yeah,
I give a damn. Who else even knows the guy?

'BJ': Kail, for one.

Kon Tatsu: <pause> ... Kail?

'BJ': He was somewhat... put out... at your killing of Aoryuu, yes.

Kon Tatsu: <weakly> ...Kail?

'BJ': <nods, a tiniest beginning of a smirk playing on his benign
features>

Kon Tatsu: Oh, _SHIT_. <clutches at his head and hunkers down> I'm
dead in ways so bad that they'll need to invent new terms for it.

'BJ': ... well, he _was_.

Kon Tatsu: <looks up> What? he has a job for me? A duty to fulfill?

'BJ': <shakes his head> No... you still have to do your jobs and
errands. That's still the same. <shrugs> Kail just isn't mad at you.
Now. He was for quite a while, though. But you're still alive, so I
guess he wasn't annoyed enough. <shrugs and sighs again> Perhaps, Kon,
though, you will contemplate the other people who you may have
annoyed... <steps off the edge of the building>

Kon Tatsu: <pauses, looking at where BJ vanished> Who even _knew_ him?
<quietly taps his feet on the ground, before hopping off the edge of
the building himself>

-- Elsewhere in Nerima

Kon Tatsu is walking somewhat worriedly down the streets of Nerima.
His feet are taking him away from both Zuni's and his last location,
in an oddly triangular direction.

Kon Tatsu: But... fercrissake, who even KNEW the guy? <scratches the
back of his head> I mean... <sighs> Damnit, damnit, damnit,
sometimes... <clenches his fists> I am calm. I am calm. Damnit, I'm
calm. <scratches the back of his head> <pauses> <looks up to his
right> <steps to his left>

A setsquare buzzes past where his head would have been a few seconds
ago, embedding itself in the wall behind him.

Kon Tatsu: Nice try. That weapon is _incredibly_ predictable.

He is addressing a girl across the road to him. A short, flat-chested
girl, her messy hair disarrayed out behind her and concealing one of
her eyes, her midriff shirt proudly declaring "Got Bish?", and her
face set like stone. Her expression leads one to suspect that _maybe_
she knows Kon. It's a good bet. People usually need to speak to Kon
for a few minutes before they hate his guts.

Girl: Eh, wouldn't have done any good, anyway. You never use your head
anyway.

Kon Tatsu: Oh, what biting repartee. I am astounded. 9.9 Sod off, lad,
I'm not in the mood.

Girl: <striding across the road> Oh? Watch me give a crap.

Kon Tatsu: Har har har. <snorts and looks _down_ at her> What do you
_want_, already?

Girl: Eh. I was gunna let you wait until you got yours properly, but
if I do _that_, there won't be enough _left_ of you to beat up. So...
<cracks her knuckles> if you're through with the trashtalk, I'm going
to beat you like a redheaded stepchild. <raises her hands, which burst
into
crimson flame>

Kon Tatsu: 9.9 Oh, for the love of god, Jesse. You're dealing with the
most powerful Waters user on Earth, here. <points at the flames>
<pauses> <points again>

The flames burn steadily, not consuming her hands, but rather
increasing in crimson tone and intensity.

Jesse: Gee, shucks. Guess you're out of tricks.

Kon Tatsu: What?! That was only _ONE_ tri-UNFPH!

Jesse: <extract fist from face> Are you going to fight, or are you
going to pontificate? Your banter _sucks_.

Kon Tatsu: Oh really? <steps back> I don't suppose you'd care to help
me out here? I'm not that good at - <lunges forward, his fists
becoming super-sharp blades along the way> - cutting remarks.

Jesse: <looking down at her exposed stomach> You're pretty shit at
cutting _people_, too.

Kon Tatsu: Huh? <looks at her completely undamaged stomach as well>
What the hell?!

Jesse: Aoryuu's not the only one who likes improving, dickhead. <kicks
him in the jaw>

Kon goes flying back, into the wall of the building, his back
impacting on it and causing a major dent.

Kon Tatsu: <from dent in wall> ... holy.... holy... holy...

Jesse: <strolling up alongside his form> Well? You going to get back
up?

Kon Tatsu: <rubbing his chin> That doesn't make _sense_... you're just
a goddamn _brawler_, not some sort of super-martial-arts death
machine... <pulls himself out of the wall> How did you...

Jesse: <hands burst into flame again> Guess you'll never know. Now,
about banter... Here, an example... Two, four, six, eight-

Kon Tatsu: Oh, please. <rolls eyes, and looks back down, to see Jesse,
staring straight up at him, fist cocked back>

Jesse: Choke on your own blood.

<CRACK>

Kon Tatsu: <go flying>

Jesse: Hm. <taps her chin> Okay, it needs work. <strolls after Kon>

Kon Tatsu: <lands> Shit... where and how did she get so much... <rubs
his chin> STRONGER? <rubs his eyes> She's strong... but she's not as
strong as... <grits his teeth> But... but I _hate_ that form...
<pauses again> But it's possible she'll kill me. <pauses again>
Hells... <stands
to his feet, somewhat wobbly>

Jesse faces Kon, standing in the middle of the road. The pair stand
and stare at one another; the higher face is angry and uncertain, the
lower, just angry. Around them, the city is quiet; it is not yet early
enough to be considered business hours.

Jesse: <stretching lazily> Geeze. I would have thought you might have
gotten _better_ or something, man.

Kon Tatsu: <snorts> I'm a law unto myself, Jess. Nothing you can do
can stop that. And guess what? There are people here, even stronger
than me!

Jesse: 9.9 Big hairy deal. I've known people can be stronger than you
for ages now.

Kon Tatsu: Har har har. Even stronger than you. Stronger than Kail,
stronger than anyone we know. These people are tough, Jesse. <laughs>
And you're going to find out if you try kill me.

Jesse: Kill you? <shrugs> why would I do that? There's someone else
who wants to do THAT.

Kon Tatsu: ... pardon?

Jesse: Oh, come on. I'm sure you know him. Tall? Refined? BIG FUCKING
SCAR ON HIS CHEST?

Kon Tatsu: ... <pause> Aoryuu? <blinks> That's not _possible_.

Jesse: Tell the corpse when you see him, I guess. <sprints towards
Kon, her hands igniting on the way>

Kon Tatsu: (I didn't want to do this...)... <grits his teeth>

Jesse suddenly stops streaking towards a mildly taller git of an old
rival and starts streaking towards a nine-foot-tall scaled monster of
mass and muscle. She doens't even _blink_.

Kon Tatsu raises his fist, it in its entirety larger than Jesse's
upper body wholesale, and swings it down in a crushing motion to pound
her into the ground, rather than try counter her momentum completely.
His fist shrieks down through the air, his knuckles whitening
(greening?)...

...and stopping.

Jesse stands underneath his massive fist, holding it aloft. Easily.

Jesse: Aw, c'mon, Kon, you can be smarter than that, can't you? I
mean, you can't be all those nifty swords like THAT, can you? <shifts
her grip> Now...

Suddenly, Kon has his entire hand flexed around and pressed
palm-to-palm against Jesse's comparatively tiny hand. For a moment,
disorientation takes over, then the realisation set in.

Kon Tatsu: Mercy? Geeze...

The beast attempts to apply his full (impressive) weight to the task,
slowly eking out his reserves of strength, watching as his physical
position bends over Jesse, further, further, further...

Jesse: Pft. <SNAP>

Suddenly, Jesse shoves back, and Kon feels his entire world of balance
fall out from underneath him, barely maintaining his standing
position, as for a moment, he staggers to find his balance once more.

Jesse clambers up onto his back, gripping his horns in both hands.
With a disgusted grunt, she headbutts the back of his head, prompting
the former boy to woozily lurch. She quietly leans dwon behind his
ear.

Jesse: And guess what? Aoryuu's even _stronger_. G'night.

With that, the small girl suddenly flexes her wrists, her hands
bursting into flames again. But rather than just around her hand, the
flames run around Kon's form as well, outlining his form in a
cripsy-critter style heat sheath.

As Kon lurches to the ground and blacks out from the pain, Jesse
quietly strolls away, whistling the whistle of those who feel right
with the world.

<snip>
--- Shuttle-chan


>> Jo: Well, let me put it this way, Steve. If Tsu goes back to the
>> KnK, and meets Incense, she'll blow him away.
>>
>> Steve: But he'll heal. ^^;
>>
>> Jo: Right, so she'll hit him -harder-.
>>
>> Steve: And he'll just heal again. He can't die. ^^;
>>
>> Jo: Yes, but the rest of Nerima -can-. Now what happens if Tsu
>> keeps getting up from Incense's blasts?
>>
>> Steve: <pauses a moment to think, and pictures and SD incense
>> royally pissed off, glaring at tsu, then a panoramic view of a
>> somehow SD-looking Tokyo being vaporized by a large mushroom cloud>
>> Ah. I see. So shouldn't somebody go get him out of the closet if
>> he's going to come with us?
>>
>> Jo: <nod> Vince is supposed to grab him on the way out.
>

><whump!>
>
>Vince: <claaping his hands clean> I got him, boss.
>
>Tsu: MMMPPPHHH! MMMNNNMMMPHHHHHH!!! >_<
>
>Steve: ^^;;; Shouldn't you at least untie him first?
>
>Vince: <shrug> He'll live.
>
>Jo: We'll let him go once we're safely in the air.
>
>Tsu: ;_;
>

>Vince: <pantomines brushing his teeth> ^_^
>
>Jo: -_-;;;; Remember that you're not connected to Amy right now, Vince.
>

>> Ukkyo: Could you have said that with a little less adoration, Jo?
>> -_-;
>>
>> Jo: I can't help it...;_; (the camera viewpoint pans over to Steve
>> and Wing, who are sitting a bit behind and to the left of Jo.)
>>
>> Steve: Well, so much for dramatic departures. :p
>>
>> Wing: I think he did a fine job. ^_^ I felt inspired!
>>
>> Steve: ^^;
>>
>> Jo: Great. -_-;
>>
>> (and the shuttle zips off towards the sunrise)