Ever hear of Yu-Gi-Oh? So has FUNimation!

LoganColt

Nov 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/30/99
It's a fact. FUNimation has obtained the following domain names.

yu-gi-oh.net and yugioh.net

Sounds like someone is looking to distribute the latest Japanese craze.
Since it's another kiddie show like Pokemon and Digimon, we might have
another anime bonanza on our hands.

lugnut

Dec 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/1/99
On Tue, 30 Nov 1999 18:58:02 -0500, LoganColt <Loga...@aol.com>
wrote:

At least when Funimation fucks this one up, it won't be as bad since,
as you say, it's already a "kiddie show."

-lugnut

BMR RuL

The dumber people think you are, the more surprised they'll be when you kill them.

Okii manko o futatsu kudasai!

Atama karappo no hou ga yume tsume komeru

Never judge a man till you've walked a mile in his shoes, because by then, you're a mile away, you've got his shoes, and you can say whatever the hell you want.

LoganColt

Dec 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/2/99
Cool man! I saw some anime news pages on the web that took notice of my
research! Thanks guys. I feel kinda special :)

John B

Dec 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/2/99
On Thu, 02 Dec 1999 00:22:24 -0500, LoganColt <Loga...@aol.com>
wrote:

>Cool man! I saw some anime news pages on the web that took notice of my
>research! Thanks guys. I feel kinda special :)

The manga is popular in Shonen Jump, it's kind of like Pokemon but
much more "brainy", much of the deal is explaining how the strategy of
the card game is working and it can be a bit tedious to read but I've
never seen the anime so that might be more interesting.

Personally I like Hikaru no Go a lot more, it's like Yu-Gi-Oh minus
the monsters plus a lot of plot and character development.

-John

edmund yee

Dec 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/3/99
On Thu, 02 Dec 1999 20:27:44 GMT, bab...@removethispart.azstarnet.com
(John B) wrote:

>On Thu, 02 Dec 1999 00:22:24 -0500, LoganColt <Loga...@aol.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Cool man! I saw some anime news pages on the web that took notice of my
>>research! Thanks guys. I feel kinda special :)
>>
>The manga is popular in Shonen Jump, it's kind of like Pokemon but
>much more "brainy", much of the deal is explaining how the strategy of
>the card game is working and it can be a bit tedious to read but I've
>never seen the anime so that might be more interesting.

Personally, I wasn't too impressed with the show. Nice OP/ED though.
BTW I thought the original Japanese Pokemon show before it got big was
more interesting but didn't think it would be really popular. Shows
you what I know <g>

Ed

John B

Dec 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/5/99
On Sat, 04 Dec 1999 02:26:48 -0500, LoganColt <Loga...@aol.com>
wrote:

>No monsters? Plot development? Doesn't sound like Hollywood material
>to me. Maybe that's why FUNimation is taking interest in Yu-Gi-Oh.

There are monsters, well it's hard to explain but imagine a tv show
based aroundn the Pokemon CARD game, no real pokemon involved :P

-John