[announce] Ru's 9th Annual Anime Fan Questionnaire

Ru Igarashi

Sep 13, 2007, 1:51:28 AM9/13/07
Announcing:

Ru's 10th Annual Anime Fan Questionnaire
---------------------------------------

http://members.shaw.ca/ru.igarashi/Surveys/fans/

[Note: I'd like to separate Usenet-announced responses from Web-
announced responses, so if you are thinking about announcing the
survey in your favourite web forums, could you do me a favour
and hold off until I give the go ahead sometime after
Wednesday, 27 September?]

Over the few years that I've been a fan, there has been many
an occasion where a question popped up about some aspect of
our interest in anime. At many of those times it would have
been nice if we had numbers to work from. After a while,
one gets really curious about just how many of us do different
things. So since the late summer of 1997 I have been posting a
questionnaire in the rec.arts.anime news group hierarchy, mostly
for the sake of satisfying curiousity, and for some statistics
we can throw around in some of our discussions. Later, some
anime news websites and forums helped out with the web version.
The statistics have indeed proven to be useful on occasion.

For more information about the survey, take a look at:

http://members.shaw.ca/ru.igarashi/Surveys/fans/

This questionnaire was originally concerned with fans who used
Usenet news groups, as a lot of input over the years came from
using newsgroups. So, lacking sufficient anime web forum experience,
it is a fair bit short on the web perspective, and certainly needs
work to get more web-centric questions. Feel free to send me
suggestions.

Notes on filling out the questionnaire
--------------------------------------

If you still prefer the text-only form, or have no choice, I'll
be posting the text-only version right after this announcement
in rec.arts.anime.misc and rec.arts.anime.fandom.

Some of the questions may infringe on what you would consider
personal information. Feel free to leave any unanswered.

Oh ya, this thing is REALLY LONG (over 260 questions, over 2600 lines,
over 80 kbytes for the text-only version, over 200 kbytes for the web
version). Be prepared to spend an hour on it. It's really a list of
questions I wished I had numbers for, and I've had a LONG time to
build it up. I thought I'd just warn you ahead of time.

If you have participated in this survey in past years, by all
means please do so again this time; I'm tracking changes in
results (or lack of changes) from past surveys and it helps to
have returning participants, and also, I keep adding new questions.

If you have any questions about the questionnaire, feel free to
e-mail me or post to rec.arts.anime.misc. Here we go...

http://members.shaw.ca/ru.igarashi/Surveys/fans/questionnaire.html

ru

--
Maintainer of the REC.ARTS.ANIME.MUSIC FAQs
http://members.shaw.ca/ru.igarashi/FAQS/raa_music/