Wanted: Dead Playstation 2 memory cards

Nobody

Mar 4, 2009, 10:48:05 AM3/4/09
Hello all,

I'm looking for non-functional (dead) PS2 memory cards. I have a console
that's been modified with the flip-top door and the matching Swap Magic
discs. Because I have these, I can use the FreeMCBoot system and homebrew
programs from a USB flash pen.

I found a program that I want to test and I need a dead card to do that
test. The softwares author claims that his program can revive dead PS2
memory cards by reformatting them directly through the console. (Rewriting
Sony's propriatary Magic Gate flash-rom format??) This, in theory will bring
dead cards back to life.

I have a good card and the program was able to reformat it. However, I don't
have a dead card to use as a test. Do you have a PS2 memory card that you
know is F.U.B.A.R.? If this program does indeed revive the card, I'll
make sure I mail it back to you at my expense.

Write back to me at billnes at yahoo dot com. Put "[PS2 Memory Card]" at
the start of subject line so I know it's not spam.

Thanks,
Bill N. - Long Island, New York