[CONS] Proposal for a Toronto anime convention!

Donald Simmons

Aug 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/4/96

ONTARIO ANIME FANS - LET'S HAVE A CONVENTION!

Anime conventions are popping up all over the US and it's about
time we had one here! Members of UTARPA (The University of Toronto Anime
and Role-Playing Association) are proposing to begin the organization
of the first anime con in Ontario, to be held next year. We are looking
at a one-day con consisting of panels, video rooms, a dealer's room, and
whatever else we can handle, with the intention of expanding it in the
future.

Right now, we need a few good fans. If you're interested in helping
out in the organization and running of the con, or just in attending,
please contact:

Donald Simmons
579 Shaw St.
Toronto, Ont
M6G 3L5

Phone: (416) 539-8322
E-Mail: d...@interlog.com

The first organizational meeting is scheduled for Sunday, August 25
at 1:00 PM at the above address. Please contact me if you are interested
in attending.

Finally, a few words about myself. I'm the current president of
UTARPA, and for the past two years have been involved in the
organization of Ad Astra, the annual SF con in Toronto. I've got several
friends who are old hands at putting cons together, and they've been a
lot of help.

The fan base in Toronto is more than big enough now to support a
con, and we are serious about doing this. Details will be posted as they
become available.

Donald Simmons d...@interlog.com

Enrique Conty

Aug 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/5/96

In article <4u3kg7$n...@gold.interlog.com> d...@interlog.com (Donald Simmons) writes:

> Anime conventions are popping up all over the US and it's about
>time we had one here! Members of UTARPA (The University of Toronto Anime
>and Role-Playing Association) are proposing to begin the organization
>of the first anime con in Ontario, to be held next year. We are looking
>at a one-day con consisting of panels, video rooms, a dealer's room, and
>whatever else we can handle, with the intention of expanding it in the
>future.

Good luck!

--
Enrique Conty | co...@cig.mot.com | http://www.mcs.net/~conty
Come to Anime Central, the Midwest's First Anime Convention!