[Ranma/Xover][FanFic] Kingdom Come - Part 3

Cynthia Johnston

Jan 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/6/99
And here's part three, my personal diary of that fateful week...

Just be sure that Skuld doesn't find out that I submitted it from
her Banpei 3000 desktop.

Oh, hi. Yeah, he-he, I'm using your computer, sis. What's that?
Usagi's stopping by later.... And she's bringing lunch? That _she_
made.... I'm in biiiiiig trouble..................

Centauress Productions

Presents:

KINGDOM COME

Part 3:
The diary of a goddess,
where we see that being
a deity is the least of
her troubles......

DEC 2, 99: This has been a hectic week. Little did I know that
Kami-sama wanted me to go to school with Ranma and Akane, until he
called me on my personal phone to tell me I was registered at Furnican
High, in the same classes as those two.

That will wake you up in the morning. If _your_ dad was the high
god of all, you do what he says. Urd-neechan doesn't always, and
he gets a little ticked off. The last time she did it, his lightning
bolt caused her to wear a afro for about six hours. So I got up, and
went to the bathroom; not a safe place to be in this house, unless
you are a powerful deity or good martial artist. My being neither
means that I have to be REALLY careful. I entered, and was about to
shut the inner door when Akane walked in. She looked at me and gave
me a big grin.

"So," she asks, "you're awake now? This house has been up for
a while."

I answer her that Dad gave me a wake-up call, and told me I was
to attend classes with them. She stopped momentarily in her disrobing
to glance at me. I continued to tell her that going to High School,
again, is going to be really boring.

"Again?" she inquired quizzically.

I remind her that even though I look seventeen, I have lived
almost thirty years. I still have to smile at her shocked expression
when she heard that.

Still, think about this: She trusts me implicitly to undress
in front of me, even though I was once a man. The feeling that gives
me, having her treat me as another girl, is almost describable. And
being a goddess, that is pretty high praise.

About thirty minutes later, I experienced my first Japanese
breakfast of my life. All I can say is Kasumi is one great cook. I'm
sure that she could easily be world class. Akane, however, needs
work. LOTS of work. She tried to make scrambled eggs and ham, and
it took my debugging mallet to stop it from attacking. AND I now need
a new mallet. Mine broke when I nailed it.

Yeah, I know. I really have any room to talk. My cooking isn't
Kasumi's quality; but the stuff Akane makes... I'm still shivering.
Ranma escaped today, but _how_ can he eat that stuff?

So we finished our meal, and the others went to finish preparing
for school. I entered the kitchen, and took the bento - Japanese
lunchbox - that Kasumi made for school. She asked if I was changing
clothing, so I did - goddess style. I poured a cup of coffee, closed
my eyes and concentrated. Instant Furnican boy's uniform, (easier to
wear, because of Ranma's wish,) and done in seconds.

"So courteous!" she assures me. "No dirty clothes from that!"

I rolled my eyes, and drained my mug. Kasumi is sweet, and as
sharp as a razor; it's just that her act is so ingrained that she
just cant help coming across as vacant-minded.

Other than Ranma getting splashed on the way to school, the
chaos didn't start until we reached the gates. Said chaos taking the
form of one Tatawakki Kuno. He saw me and spouted off some nonsense
about 'the beauteous goddess with blonde hair in the rough, manly
garb' that he was going to free from the 'demonic clutches of that
fiend, Saotome.' Sheesh. So Ranma placed herself in front of me to
intercept him, but when I touched her arm, she glanced back and gave
me my chance.

I stepped forward and drew a globe of cold water from the air -
easier than hot, I find - and announce that I am a lesbian. He rants
about 'twisting minds,' so I flip the water-ball at him. As he does
the change, her black hair turns rainbow-colored. She's standing
there in shock, so I ask her for a date.

The coward fainted, much to the amazement of the school. Score
one for the new girl. Ranma, Akane and Nabiki couldn't stop laughing
until we reached the classroom.

Lunch was crazy. Everyone went to the auditorium, because I had
to tell them the particulars of the wish. As I explained how it
happened, they went crazy. But then, I demonstrated, and there was
total silence. A lone voice cried out,

"So why are you floating in mid-air?"

*Sigh* So I told them the truth, that I was a goddess. They
started laughing. So much for that one.

So I called Dad, and asked if I could take the afternoon off.
He agreed that SOMETIMES goddesses needed a break, and told me to
enjoy myself.

I went to the train station, and picked a destination at random.
My choice was Juuban. A lovely little city, and close enough that I
could visit again tomorrow. I think I will.

DEC 3 99: =:{ I met a girl today after class that spooked me
out royally. Not so much her attitude, or her looks; but her friends.

Oh, yeah; I also found out about something else.

Well, first, the girl. Her name is Usagi Tsukino. Describing
her is easy; she looks just like me, except she has blue eyes and
her hair is put in odango - ponytails with big bulbs of hair at the
top. As I walked into a little ice cream parlor, she was sitting
there, inhaling a box of donuts. She saw me and started choking.

Well, I jumped over and gave her the Heimlich, and her friend,
Rae Hino, just gapes. Actually, I can kinda sympathize with her
now; but at the time, she blurted out,

"Oh, geeze. ANOTHER meatball head!"

By the way - Goddesses + bad attitude = Forcebolt.

Rae got upset, I got upset, I fired forcebolt, she pulls out
a pen. Minako, Ami and Makoto followed her lead. Usagi, who I still
had an arm around, starts crying. Soun-crying. MEGA Soun-crying.
I make out, "Heeeelllllppppp! This Cardian has meeeeeeeeee!"

Weeellllllllll, I jump back, letting go of Usagi; did me little
good. The other four raised up those pens and yelled out some weird
stuff. Next thing I know, I'm facing the Inner Senshi! Usagi grabs
a locket from somewhere, and in my haste, I reach out to it.

Just as I touch it, she's finishing off yelling, "Moon Cosmic
Makeup!" YOWZA! I'm suddenly lifted into the air, and spinning
like a main dish on a lazy susan. I'm juiced up, like I've just
ate the sun itself, and I get a wardrobe change.

Whoa, the fuku is alright, but it does seem like the skirt is
a tad short. The others - they told me later to refer to them in
their Sailor identity when they power up - just started gaping. Mars
throws a ofuda at me, and I catch it. I ask her what this is, when
it suddenly starts glowing. She falls over, shocked.

Mercury stands there, and looks at me through her visor, saying
"it's her," silently, over and over. Jupiter and Venus are stunned.

Eternal Moon is gaping. Which is okay, but then her CAT starts
speaking. Luna, the cat, said,

"Welcome, Princess Tranquility. _This_ is your twin sister,
Serenity."

Well, as she says this, I remember all of the things that
happened 1500 years ago, from when I was six, to the eve of _our_
eighteenth birthday. The day that was burned into my memory forever.

The day my fellow Senshi _died._ Waterworks time. As I kneel
there, Luna waltzes up and nudges me. I look down, and see a gold
pendant there, with a golden - yes, GOLDEN - opal in the middle. As
I touch it, I have an unbearable urge; I find myself shouting,
'SUN Cosmic Makeup!'

WHOO0-EEE! If Sis only knew! The Sun powerup is about ten times
more intense than Moon's, and twice as flashy. Seeing as we were
close enough together, as I transformed, a burst of energy came
from each of the others. The next thing I know, the bursts synergise
inside me. For a comparison - I spit out the sun, then swallowed a
supernova! My fuku became red and blue with gold metal bows, and
golden trim. The Sun Opal centered itself in the bow, and I caught
a weird scepter. It was a starburst, with ten crystal on the tips
of each leg of the burst. In the center was a crescent shaped cutout.
The last two legs seemed to be the scepter's handles.

Enter a real cardian. Ugly as sin, and infinitely worse. But
here's the fun part. I, as Sun, act as an amplifier for the other
senshi.

See, the scepter has two handles for a reason. I grab one, one
of the others grabs the other one, and we concentrate. The result
is an 'Hyperpower' attack. Mercury was the first - kinda
appropriate, as she represents the first planet - to think of duoing,
and she grabbed the handle.

MERCURY HYPERPOWER! ZERO-K! --- The cardian was suddenly frozen
(dropped to 0 deg. Kelvin - ZERO-K'ed) and then shattered from the
stress of the quick freeze. Quick, easy, and painless to us.

But we still had a little problem. The Outer Scouts arrived,
and then the REAL fun began.

Powerup, Pluto said, is when the grouping of Senshi reaches a
critical power level. Apparently, with my addition, we hit a _MAJOR_
threshold. TuxedoKamen bounded up, and everything fell into place.

1) The henshin devices appeared in midair. They all collapsed
into jewels. The _exact_ jewels as I dreamed of two days ago. As I
watch, they begin their dance...

2) I find myself in my goddess uniform. This is weird, as Moon
is in her princess dress, as Serenity. I'm curious, until a crystal
appears in my hands. It's the amethyst starburst. Without thinking,
I start to speak. Here's what I said:

I am Tranquility, Princess of the Silver Millennium.
As such, we near our final objective. As we are all
warriors, so must I join the fight. I accept this.

I am also Cynthia, Goddess of Moments. I find that
these two destinies are _not_ exclusive. So with
this gem, I add the power of the Everlasting Kingdom
of Faith to the Silver Millennium Kingdom. So as it
is said, so let it be.

I then threw -yeah, that's right; threw- the starburst into
the air.

3) The Opal, which was stationary above me, absorbs the purple
jewel. As it does, the other jewels develop the planetary sigil,
which glow in gold, in the center. Then the henshin reform, and
the design is rather interesting.

Mercury through Pluto each have a small silver sculpture, that
looks like a Christian angel holding the sigil-gem. TuxedoKamen is
holding a platinum sculpture of a celtic cross -a cross in a circle-
with the onyx at it's heart. Serenity has a heart locket in silver
with the cross shape as an indentation, and a socket at the top. The
Imperium crystal peeks through the spaces in the cross.

Then MY henshin forms. The starburst appears again, but this
time it's like a single handled baton. the jewel is caged in a golden
flame shape, and the design looks reminiscent of a scepter. On its'
handle is an inscription in a language I _can't_ read.

4) The -+=NEW=+- uniform appears. Notice the stress I place on
>>*-+=N*E*W=+-*<< here? That's because this uniform is _way_ more
flashy. Serenity, Endymion (Yaay! He made it as well!) and I
end up garbed in these outfits that look like layers of metal-cloth
in our metals. Then a breastplate forms out of white cloth, and
wraps around each of us. The others gape as another skirt forms over
the top of the previous ones, this one in cloth-of-gold. The other
skirts turn cloth-of-silver and cloth-of-platinum, and the bottom-
most one becomes totally the same color as their gem, including
the sparkle.

We're all stunned here, but then comes the wings. Big, white
feathery things on The big three, Translucent jewel-colors on the
others. They work, too. BOY, do they work. I found myself wrapping
up in them, when the energy poured into my body.

Remember the nova from before? That would be a matchstick to
what passed through me in those moments. I literally lit up, then
emitted the energy to Moon and Earth. (See, Endymion lost the tux
transform, but his symbol is for Earth, soooo...) We formed a
triangle of energy, which then shot out to the others. We looked
like a Christmas tree, and shed a _lot_ more light than one.

Then it stopped. Thank Father for small favors. We stood there
for about a minute, then I fainted from the release of all that
energy. I wake up about an hour later, in the Hikawa Shrine. Rae is
looking at me like I'm a dragon, she's so afraid. It took me almost
an entire hour to calm her down. She's quite spiritual, and I _am_
a goddess; so she'd quite naturally be kinda spooked at something
like this. I then called the Dojo, and told them I was staying
at a friend's house for the night. Kasumi asked where, so I told
her in Juuban, but not the exact area. So I bedded down with Rae.

4 DEC 99: Oops. Early this morning, we fought a Demon. Yup,
_Demon_. When Mercury scanned it, the thing was EMITTING negative
energy. But, after a tough battle, we beat it.

Why the oops? Well, in the course of beating the snot out of
it, we _accidentally_ levelled Juuban High. Cinders and ashes. The
Demon launched something called Banefire- Gotta check with Bell-
neechan about that- and I ended up deflecting it; right into the
base of the school building. One WHOOSH, and the whole thing's
toasted.

So the girls are transferring to Furnican High. Somehow I'm not
to thrilled with the idea. Go figure.

5 DEC 99: Day one for the Juuban Crew, and it was a riot.

Rae decided to see what Furnican was like, and snuck in with
the rest of them. Rae met Hinkao-sensei, or at least her 5-yen coin.
She was out till lunch.

Everyone was shocked during first hour, when I started speaking
Old Norse. So sue me; I heard a couple of the transfer students
gossiping in it, and told them to stop interrupting. So what if I
added that I'd get Thor to zap them if they didn't? And _how_ did
the teacher know Old Norse?

Lunch was entertaining. This girl jumps over the wall, carrying
her umbrella and starts attacking Ranma with it. Akane tells me that
this girl is named Ryoga Hibiki. Then ol' 'cute-fangs' nicks me with
a bandanna-shuriken. Forcebolt time. She ended up impacted into a
wall, lightly toasted.

After school, we stopped by a little place called U-chan's.
Yeah, it's owned by Ukyou Kunoji, another of Ranma's Fiancees. Good
food though.

6 DEC 99: Big dinner date. All the 'fighting' crew are going to
this Chinese resturant, Nekohanten. Sounds good...

Scene of Cindy, Ranma-chan and Usagi playing poker with Urd and
Mara.

URD: The bet's to you, Cindy.

CINDY:(Glaring at the cards) 5.

USAGI: Fold. So what's up next, Sis?

CINDY: Well, people are interested in the dinner, so...

RANMA: Raise it 15.

MARA:(Throwing down the hand) Fold! So why the demon attacks?

CINDY:(With a cat's grin) Wouldn't you like to know?

URD: Yeah. (Looks at her hand. Blanches.) FOLD!

CINDY: Okay then Ranma, just you and me. See the 15, and
raise you what's written on this paper. (Throws a
note on the pot.)

RANMA: Match that with a counter: you lose, you eat Akane's
cooking for a week.

CINDY: Done. (Throws down hand.) Four Aces, king rider.

RANMA: Oh, no....

CINDY: Trust me Ranma, this'll be easy for you...(Grins at
the camera.) Would _I_ lie to you?
(FADEOUT)

Hee hee hee.... This is rapidly getting better and better.

Everyone - okay, one person- asked me why I joked about Ryoga.
I know it's an old joke, but think about it. An AMEX-spoof, using
Bell and the Lost One. Proof that if _he_ guides you, you can still
get the local currency.

This is rolling along quite well, so I'll stick with it, and
keep the keys tapping... Just tell me something: is it a bit much?

If so, Write cli...@whitehouse.gov

Everyone else,

Ja NE!

Centauress