[Ranma/RK][FanFic] Rurouni Ranma, Part 4-6 (Revised)

Ryoga P Hibiki

Apr 15, 2001, 6:39:04 PM4/15/01
Ruroni Ranma

Part 4

The secret of Jusenkyo.

++++++++++++++++

Ranma hummed to himself cheerfully as he snapped the shirt out with a
quick flick of his wrist releasing a spray of water that seemed to
sparkle in the afternoon sun. He smiled and pinned the garment up with
a clothespin on the long line that ran from the lower portion of the
roof across the yard. Kasumi smiled as she handed him another basket
cheerfully. "Thank you for helping Ranma, I appreciate it."

"It's no problem, I enjoy this kind of thing. It's relaxing," said the
boy cheerfully as he walked over to the other end of the line and
began to hang the contents of the basket. He turned around and smiled
as Akane turned the corner and stopped in her tracks.

"Wh-what are you doing?" screamed the girl.

"Laundry," replied the boy in confusion unsure about the source of her
sudden anger.

"Those are mine you pervert!" screamed the girl as she snatched the
basket of panties from him.

"Oro?" Ranma looked at what was in his hand and blinked. "I didn't
even realize what these were until you said something. If you'd rather
hang them yourself
I'll understand."

"You pervert!" screamed the girl as she dropped the basket and raised
her fist.

"Oh, hello Akane! Ranma offered to help me with the laundry today,
wasn't that nice of him?" said Kasumi cheerfully as she walked between
them ending the stand off instantly.

"Watch yourself," muttered the girl darkly as she turned away.

"What was that about?" wondered Ranma as he grabbed a large sheet from
Kasumi's basket and pinned it up.

Kasumi walked up to him and smiled. "Don't worry about it, she's just
a little sensitive." The girl stopped and looked down slightly.

"Oh, I see," replied the boy as he turned away and continued his work.

+++++++++++++++++

Nabiki Tendo put down a magazine and sighed. She had just read yet
another article about the war in China. The article was by an obvious
feminist who claimed that Battosai was in fact a woman who worked with
the Amazons near the end of the war despite having killed a number of
them in previous battles before the alliance between them and the
Chinese government was formed. There was a little speculation about
it, but it was mostly put off as feminist propaganda instilled to help
their cause.

"Hmm, Ranma said he met Battosai once, maybe I should ask him about
it?" she frowned slightly at the idea and pushed it aside for the time
being. "I bet Kuno would have a heart attack if he found out it was
true." The mere thought of it was enough to send her into a fit of
giggles. The Kendoist would probably deny it though no matter how much
proof she forced down his throat. She tossed the magazine onto her bed
and went off in search of the boy.

+++++++++++++++++++++

Deep in the woods of Southern Japan a figure walked through the woods
scowling to himself. He was dressed in traveling clothes; a white
cotton over shirt hung loosely off his shoulders with a large pack
resting on his back. On his forehead was a blood red bandanna that
held his bangs out of his face. Rain poured around him as he walked
with lightening flashing in the sky above him. Strangely enough an
umbrella sat untouched across the top of his pack. He walked on
purposefully not stopping or slowing his stride despite the weather.
Thunder rumbled above him creating a flash of light that shined off
the umbrella creating a surreal silhouette to anyone that could see
him approaching. In his hand was a wadded up page with a message
written across it in blotted kanji.
He smiled as he looked at it again and once again found purpose to his
wanderings. "So, you've finally returned?" he thought to himself as he
strode onward.

Moments later he found himself on a road once again. A man moved by
struggling with a large cart while holding an umbrella over his head
to defend himself from the rain. He stopped and looked at the figure
fearfully as he approached.

"Please! I don't have any money!" It was an obvious lie judging from
the pouch that rested on his hip.

The figure merely shook his head and smiled at him. "Tell me, where is
Furinkan
High School?" He thrust a map forward in the man's face causing a
relieved look that was followed by confusion.

"Isn't this Tokyo? You're on the wrong island," replied the man.

"I see, sorry to trouble you," the figure walked away calmly leaving
the confused traveler behind. "Ranma, as promised, Ryoga Hibiki will
be your strongest opponent!"

+++++++++++++++

Nabiki found herself walking with Ranma through the streets of Nerima
carrying a single plastic bag of groceries while the boy lugged two
large brown bags filled with food. "Did you want to ask me something?
You've been awfully quiet," said the boy with a small smirk.

Nabiki found she had actually enjoyed the trip with him. The look on
the grocer's face when he saw Ranma's katana had been priceless; the
boy had gotten a good deal on almost all of the produce he had bought
without haggling at all.

She blinked in surprise at his question and sighed. "Is it that
obvious?"

"Well, you don't seem like the type who would volunteer for this sort
of thing," said Ranma cheerfully. "What is it you want to know?"

Nabiki cleared her throat and tried to think of the best way to ask
her question without looking like a fool. "I've read a few things
about the war in China since you came here. A few of them were rumors
that Battosai was a woman, I was kind of wondering if it was true. You
did say you met him once."

Ranma smiled at this and looked away. "Battosai was a man, most of the
time."

She blinked and almost dropped the bag. "What? What's that supposed to
mean?"

"It's nothing," replied the boy as he continued on his way ignoring
her looks of frustration.

A young girl brushed between them with a look of urgency on her face.
She struggled for a moment and almost fell on her face in her rush.
Ranma looked at her and frowned. "Are you all right?"

She snapped her head around and looked at him for a moment. "I'm fine,
excuse me."

Nabiki raised her eyebrow at this exchange and turned away continuing
towards the house. The girl was no better than street trash; she idly
wondered why the boy would bother with her at all?

Ranma stopped the girl by grabbing her arm as she tried to rush away
again. "It looks to me like you're in some sort of trouble."

"I'm fine, leggo," snapped the girl as she pulled at his arm, his grip
was firm though and she did not escape.

"Oh, can I have my wallet back then?"

The child froze and slowly turned towards him with a look of fear on
her face.
Thinking quickly she screamed at the top of her lungs. "Pervert! How
dare you suggest such a thing to an innocent little girl!"

Ranma frowned and glanced behind him. Most of the people had turned
away from him and the child, but a nearby police officer had taken
notice of the situation.

Thinking quickly he pulled a bottle of water from the bag of groceries
and twisted off the cap with his teeth, before pouring its contents
over his head.

The girl had turned away for a moment and was watching the officer
with even more fear; apparently her plan had backfired.

"Uhh," she stammered as she tried to lunge away again. Ranma merely
stood upright with her hand still firmly planted on the girl's
shoulder.

"Is there a problem here?" asked the officer, he had his baton drawn
after he noticed the blade at the strange girl's side.

Ranma smiled at him. "No, well. My little sister here ran away from
home a few days ago after a fight with father, I ran into her just
now."

"I see," said the man as he gave the child a small frown.

"Little girls shouldn't do things like that, the streets are dangerous
you know," said the man as he knelt down and pat the girl on the head.

The child snapped at his hand with her teeth. "Fuck off pig!"

Ranma promptly swatted her in the head in what appeared to be a very
sisterly gesture to the officer, almost motherly in fact. "Watch your
mouth!"

The girl snorted in disgust at this and stuck her tongue out at her.
"You ain't no sister of mine."

Ranma took it in stride though. "As you can see, she is a very poorly
behaved child. I'll make sure father punishes her harshly when we get
home. Thank you."
She waved at the man as he turned away with a scowl on his face
leaving the girl and her weird sister behind.

The little girl blinked at Ranma and gasped. "Hey, weren't you a guy a
minute ago?"

"Maybe," replied the red head as she pulled her along after picking up
her bags and carrying them one armed now.

"Hey! Where are you taking me?" snapped the angry child.

"I told you, I'm taking you home so that you can be properly
punished," replied the girl simply.

"Oh no! Your one of those crazy lesbians aren't you! Please don't
ravage me!" cried the girl with genuine fear.

"Well, at least let me get you cleaned up a bit. A young girl like
yourself shouldn't be wandering the streets like this," said Ranma as
she easily blocked the girl's strikes.

++++++++++++++++

Ranma stopped at a ramen booth and paid for two bowls setting one down
in front of the girl. She was about ten years old with shoulder cut
brown hair and dirty looking clothes. The shop owner had been
reluctant to serve her, but a glance at the weapon at Ranma's side
stopped any protest before they even started.

"So what's your name kid?" asked Ranma coolly as she ate.

The girl looked away considering escape for a moment, but the offer of
food was a little too much for her to resist. "Yuriko," she said
sullenly.

"What's a young girl like you doing out here picking pockets for?"
prodded Ranma while looking mostly uninterested.

"I've got to. I want to be strong, but a girls got to eat ya know,"
replied the child rudely.

"I see," said the red head calmly. "What about your parents?"

"If it's any of your business I ain't got one of those," retorted the
girl angrily.

Ranma blinked at this as a small wistful smile appeared on her face.
"I can understand that."

"Yeah, right," grumbled the girl as she finished up her food. "Well,
see ya."

Ranma grabbed her again and held fast despite the fact the child had
bit her on the hand. The ponytailed martial artist ordered a cup of
hot water just before they left the booth. Once again the girl failed
to escape and protested loudly.

++++++++++++

"Tendo Dojo?" said the girl in confusion as she read the sign in front
of her.

"That's right, you said you wanted to be stronger didn't you?" replied
Ranma as she poured the hot water over her head and walked through the
door.

The girl had become strangely silent at this and simply glared at the
family who stared at her as she was pushed into the home. She looked
up at the boy who was pushing her and screamed right before she passed
out.

"Oro?" said Ranma as she poked at her with her foot lightly. "Out
cold."

"Ranma, who the hell is this?" said Nabiki as she eyed the girl
cautiously.

"Her name is Yuriko, she's a new student," replied the boy with a
smile.

"Is that so?" said Soun as he sipped his tea lazily.

Ranma looked towards Akane and smiled. "I hate to ask this, but could
you get her cleaned up a little? She's a real mess right now."

The girl blinked and stood up taking the child under her arms and
towards the bathroom. She would have protested, but the situation was
just a little too weird for her to argue at the moment.

++++++++++++++++

In the bathroom Yuriko woke up to find someone pulling her hair out as
they scrubbed shampoo roughly into her scalp. "Wah! What are you
doing?"

"Getting you cleaned up, who are you? What are you doing here? How do
you know Ranma?"

"Boy you ask a lot of stuff," replied the girl smugly.

"Well?" said Akane as kindly as she could.

"I ain't gotta tell you nuthin old lady," snapped the girl.

Akane growled for a moment before dumping a bucket of cold water over
her head.

"Hey! That's cold you old hag!"

+++++++++++++++

Ranma looked up for a moment as a small cry of pain emerged from the
bathroom. He set his tea down and noticed Soun was hiding inside his
newspaper ignoring the events around him.

"Since when did you take up picking up street trash?" said Nabiki
coolly.

"I like her, she reminds me of myself at that age," replied the boy
with a shrug. "I think she needs someone."

Nabiki blinked at the girl's comment and sighed. Ranma acting anything
like the child scared her slightly. "So you're really gonna go through
with this then?"

"I don't see why not, I think it would be good for the dojo to have a
student or two. Besides, she and Akane get along so well..."

Various violent sounds emerged from the bathroom followed by screams
of pain from both girls. A moment later Akane emerged with Yuriko in
tow. Both of them looked tired and Yuriko was wet, while Akane just
looked flustered and angry.

She stopped long enough to stare at Ranma distastefully.

"You realize that I hate you."

"Oro?" replied the boy obliviously.

Yuriko merely sat at the table angrily; Ranma smiled as she made no
move to get away despite the fact that no one was watching her.

Nabiki sighed and rested her head in her palm. "Well, at least this
will be interesting."

+++++++++++++++

Ruroni Ranma

Part 6

A busy day...

++++++++++++++

Ranma walked with Yuriko and Akane at his side as he lazily strolled
down the road towards the elementary school. Akane noticed Yuriko
standing particularly close to Ranma imitating his walk almost
exactly. She frowned slightly and stepped up to the girl.

"What are you doing you little weirdo?"

Yuriko looked up at Akane and smiled. "I want to be just like Ranma
when I grow up; she's my hero!"

Ranma looked down at her and blinked. Akane coughed in her hand and
looked at him. "Uh, did you say she?"

"That's right, didn't Ranma tell you she's a girl?" said the child
obliviously.

Ranma had almost froze in place, but managed to regain himself before
Akane turned to look at her angrily. "Ranma, what the hell is she
talking about?"

He scratched the back of his head nervously and laughed. "Umm, well,
you see..."

"Why does she think you're a girl Ranma?" snapped Akane.

"You didn't know? It's obvious, she's always so polite, and she does
all that housework. She must be a girl," reasoned Yuriko.

"That's the reason you think that?" said Akane in shock as she stared
at her new student in disbelief. "Use your eyes fool!"

Ranma was about to turn away when he felt a familiar sensation wash
across his back. Akane and Yuriko just watched with their mouths open
in a collective shock. The now female martial artist slowly turned
around to see a little old lady with a ladle emptying out a bucket of
water.

"See, I told you!" cried Yuriko triumphantly.

"R-Ranma?" stammered Akane.

"So, it seems you've found out my little secret," muttered the red
head as she pushed her bangs out of her face.

Akane froze, "No, you're not Ranma."

The girl narrowed her eyes and smiled, her mannerism had almost
completely changed. "Maybe I am, maybe I'm not. Sufficed to say, this
is one of the many interesting things that happened to me in China. I
am male by the way."

"Yuriko, get behind me!" cried Akane as she pushed the girl back away
from Ranma instinctively.
"What the hell happened? Where's Ranma?"

"I'm still here Akane, I'm still Ranma," said the girl calmly as she
gave them both a cool stare. "Just relax will you? I've got a lot to
explain."

"Why didn't you say anything about this before?" snapped Akane
angrily.

"If I leave at the end of the month, there is no reason to tell you
about this," replied the girl with a shrug.

"What if I ask you to stay?" growled Akane.

"That seems unlikely at this point," replied the girl with a shrug.
"Come on, I want to change back."

++++++++++++++

The group found themselves standing outside a restaurant that Akane
had seen many times on the way to school. The food there was almost
legendary as one of the best shops in Nerima. She smiled at the
waitress as they walked in together, still managing to stay a
comfortable distance away from Ranma. There was something about her
that she didn't like.

A pretty looking girl approached them with a smile on her face. "Hi,
welcome to Kuonji Okonimiyaki... Oh, hi Ranma."

"Morning Ukyo, can I get some hot water?" replied the girl with a
small smile.

"Sure thing sugar, are these friends of yours?" she pointed to the two
girls and smiled at them.
Ranma nodded. "This is my fiancee, and her student."

Akane narrowed her eyes. "Ranma, you know these people?"

She looked back at her and smiled slightly. "Sure I do, I come in here
sometimes, mostly to change before I head home if I need to."

"They seem like they've known you for years Ranma, I thought you only
came to
Nerima last week?" said Akane in disbelief.

"They're friendly people, we spent a while talking the first time I
came in. I had to explain what I needed the water for," replied Ranma
with a shrug.

Ukyo returned with the hot water and sat down at a table watching in
fascination as Ranma used it. "Wow, that's so cool!"

"I'll say," agreed Yuriko.

Akane turned her head away and snorted in disgust. "One more reason to
be rid of him." Whoever that girl was, she made her very
uncomfortable. There was one thing she was sure of, it wasn't Ranma.

"Let's get going," said the boy as he nodded his thanks to Ukyo. The
girl smiled pleasantly in reply and waved at them as they left the
building.

"Ukyo, who was that?" said a large gruff looking man who emerged from
the kitchen.

"Just Ranma again daddy," said the girl.

The man merely snorted in reply. "Well, get started on those tables, I
want to be ready for the rush before you go to school."

The girl stood from her chair and picked up a nearby rag. "Sure
thing." She paused as a dark shadow loomed over her from behind. She
slowly turned around to see a shadowy figure standing in the doorway.
"Tell me, where is Furinkan High School?"

Ukyo blinked as he came into focus. "Uh, about six blocks east of
here."

The boy smiled at this information and tossed his bag on the floor.
"Then I have time to eat before I find it." He sat down at a nearby
table as Ukyo slowly walked up to him. He was dressed in traveling
clothes with a strange white over shirt that had the kanji for evil
printed on its back.

"What can I get for you?" asked Ukyo.

"What have you got that's a lot of food for cheap?" replied the boy
with a shrug.

+++++++++++++++

Ranma walked with Akane as they left the building where Yuriko would
be attending school. They exchanged tired glances between them after
the excessive amount of paperwork that had been filled out. Since
Yuriko did not have any parents they had to fill out triple what her
parents would have had to do. Soun had been named the guardian, Ranma
imagined they would have to take care of that within a few weeks or
so. The fact that the girl was a little less than cooperative didn't
exactly help matters.

Ranma and Akane walked through the gates of Furinkan about fifteen
minutes later. Classes had begun about an hour ago and they made their
way towards the building. A few moments later they found themselves
siting in class. The day went by relatively quickly, at lunch they
found themselves sitting together.

"Ranma, what happened to you today? What was that?" said Akane as she
leaned in towards him.

His face became serious as he looked towards her again. "Before we
joined the war, my father took us to a place called Jusenkyo. The
training ground of cursed springs. I fell into a pool called the
spring of drowned girl."

"So you turn into a girl now?" said Akane cautiously.

"Sure, but I'm still me. I don't think like a girl or anything. It's
still Ranma."

Akane shifted uncomfortably. She was uncertain about that last part.
She said nothing though and turned to find Kuno approaching them
slowly. He neared them and paused long enough to give Akane a bouquet
of flowers. "Akane Tendo, I would date with you."

"How many times do I have to say no?!" screamed the girl angrily as
she shoved the plants back into his face.

"This unnecessary shyness is unbecoming Akane Tendo, I await the day
that you break free of such bonds." He sighed heavily and walked away.

"Honestly," grumbled the girl as she turned back to see Ranma ignoring
them completely. It was as if the two boys didn't even know each other
existed.

++++++++++++++++

A short time later she sat in gym class with her friends surrounding
her. "What are you talking about?"

"You're so lucky Akane, a fiancee like him. I mean look at him, he's
polite, and handsome. The perfect gentleman all the time!" sighed one
of the girls dreamily.

"He's not," grumbled Akane knowing perfectly well that she was right.

"Does he kiss good?" squealed another one of the girls.

"How should I know?" she retorted with a little irritation in her
voice.

"Oh come on Akane, aren't you going to tell us anything at all?" cried
one of the girls.

"No," she snapped.

++++++++++++++++

Ranma sat watching the girls play softball with his class while
waiting for their turn on the gymnastics bar.

"Man she's cute," said Daisuke, the boy who sat next to him with his
friend Hiroshi.

"Isn't she though?" agreed Ranma.

"You lucky dog!" grumbled Hiroshi with more than a hint of jealousy.

"You'd think that wouldn't you?" sighed Ranma.

"So, what's she like? Have you @#%% yet?" said Daisuke as he leaned in
close.

"Well, we aren't married yet, so no," said Ranma with a shrug.

"Liar, you've #@&&&& huh?" pressed Daisuke.

"I'll bet you've even @##$!" screamed Hiroshi as he pulled Ranma into
a headlock.

"Oro?"

++++++++++++++

Akane stared at Ranma with a gaze of almost pure contempt as he
approached her after school. "This is all your fault!"

"Oro?" Ranma stood in confusion as he watched her stomp off towards
the Tendo dojo. "I'll never understand these people."

He turned as someone called his name. His mood brightened slightly
when he discovered it was not another disgruntled male student. "Ukyo?
You go to school here?"

"I'm in your class!" cried the girl in shock.

"Oh, sorry," muttered the boy in embarrassment.

"Don't worry, I'm not offended. I can see you spend most of your time
looking at you fiancee in class." She giggled slightly at his
embarrassed reaction to this.

"I just don't understand people sometimes," he said with a shrug.
"Sometimes she's very nice, other times it seems like she's angry for
no apparent reason."

"Father says that women are strange creatures indeed," said the girl
with a small shrug.

"You'd think I'd know that by now," said Ranma jokingly.

"You'd definitely think you had more experience than anyone else.
Well, I just stopped to say hi Ranma, see you later." She jogged off
towards the Kuonji restaurant.

"She's a good kid," muttered Ranma cheerfully, he didn't seem to
notice one of Nabiki's underlings sneak away behind him.

++++++++++++++++++

"I've found it at last!" cried Ryoga Hibiki as he stood in front of
Furinkan High School. He held his arms up in triumph as the students
made their way out of the building. He grabbed one of them and held
him up by his collar. "Where is Ranma Saotome?"

"Uh, who?" said the eight year old boy in confusion.

"Ranma Saotome, Ranma Saotome! Don't you know him?" cried the man in
frustration. The little boy started to cry. "Stop that! Aren't you a
man?" He lost his grip on the child as a sharp pain hit his shin.

"You leave him alone you bully!" cried Yuriko angrily as she kicked
him again.

"Ow! Stop that you little punk!" cried the lost boy angrily.

"Take this!" cried Yuriko as she kicked him again. "With a jacket like
that you must be in a gang!" Her fist punched towards his crotch and
he blocked the strike casually.

"Hey watch it kid!" he snorted as he grabbed her shirt and held her in
the air.

"Jerk! Pervert!" she screamed.

"Hey! What's going on here?" cried a woman in her late twenties as she
approached the situation. "You put her down this instant!"

Ryoga complied and turned to face the angry teacher. "Where is Ranma
Saotome?"

Yuriko stopped kicking him in the shins again and looked up at him in
shock. He glared at her coolly for a moment before returning his gaze
back on the woman again.

"I don't care why you're here! You don't touch the students!" she
screamed angrily.

"I was looking for Ranma when this girl attacked me, I wasn't going to
hurt her," shouted Ryoga defensively. "Are you going to tell me where
he is or not?"

Yuriko stepped away from him. "What do you want with Ranma?"

Ryoga narrowed his eyes. "That's my business. Where is he? I know he
goes to school here."

Yuriko blinked. "What the? This is an elementary school you fool!"

The woman sighed and turned towards her in what appeared to be an
already old practice. "Yuriko, how many times do I have to tell you to
watch your mouth?"

"Sorry," replied the girl with a small blush.

Ryoga stood between them and blinked. He laughed nervously and turned
towards the woman. "Where is Furinkan High School?"

"High school? You thought this was a high school?" said the teacher in
disbelief. She looked around and indicated the children that now
surrounded them. None of them were any older than twelve. "She's
right, you are a fool!"

Ryoga laughed nervously and turned away to find his destination on his
own.

Yuriko frowned and watched him walk. "He might not look like much, but
he feels strong. I'd better warn Ranma about him."

TBC...

Next Time: Ryoga, the lost warrior.