[Ranma][Fanfic] Dear Diary,

Suds-kun

Sep 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/27/96

Hello all!

Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction
"Dear Diary - Part One of Four"
by Suds-kun (suds...@tir.com)

Ranma 1/2 characters are created by and copyright Rumiko Takahashi.
Published by Shogakukan Inc. and VIZ Comm.
Story copyright Shaun Schillinger.
Intended for the sole non-profit use of R.T. fans.

Dear Diary:

Well, that HENTAI did it again! This morning on the way to school,
he insulted me and my clothes. He said that he liked my dress. He
KNOWS that my dress is a school uniform, I wear the same style dress
every day! So I booted him to school, which made me feel better.
When I got there, he was already in a fight with Kuno-sempei. The
same old fight about pictures of Kuno-sempei's "osage no onna."
Afterwards, Ranma gave me some pictures of myself. Nabiki and her
pictures! I feel sorry for Kuno-sempei, he gets picked on by Ranma
and my sister all the time.

On the way home from school, Ranma didn't say much. I told him about
the play that the drama club was going to put on, and that I was
thinking of trying out for one of the parts. He insulted me AGAIN!
He said that it was the only way an uncute, tomboy could meet guys.
That HENTAI! Like he's one to talk. He's got at least three
iinazukes and other girls who've got a crush on him. And one of them
is insane! Well, anyway, I knocked him off the fence and into the
ditch. He jumped up and started yelling. I just ignored him. If he
likes girls so much, he can be one, for all I care.

And to top it off, Kasumi was going to let me cook tonight. I spent
the rest of the afternoon, working in the kitchen. I was going to
show Ranma that I could cook! Not as good as Kasumi, but as good as
Ukyo or Shampoo. When I brought out the curry and rice, everybody
was gone. Didn't they know that I worked hard on their dinner? I
tried to give some to P-chan, but he must have eaten something
earlier. He wouldn't eat anything. I ate the curry and rice, but
had to throw the rest out. What a waste of food!

Well, diary, it's late and Ranma hasn't come home yet. I last saw
him when I started cooking dinner. He acted kind of funny, and said
that he had to go somewhere. I just ignored him, but now I'm kind of
worried. Did something happen? I'm so tired, I can hardly stay
awake. I'm a little worried, but I'm sure Ranma's o.k. I'm going to
go to bed now, goodnight diary.

===

Dear Diary:

Tonight Ran-chan stopped by! He came in and asked if he could have
some hot water. I always have some on the stove, just for him. He
seemed a little white, and then he told me how Akane was going to
torture everyone tonight. Poor Ran-chan! He has to live with Akane
and she takes advantage of him and makes him eat her cooking. At
least he knows that he can get some real food from me! I made him
one of his favorite okonomiyakis and he ate that in a flash. We just
talked for a while. He told me about his day at school and his
fights with Akane and Kuno-sempei. The same thing happens almost
everyday to him.

Diary, it makes me so happy that he comes and talks with me. It
feels great that he trusts me! He's said a number of times, that he
tells me things that he doesn't tell anyone else. Especially Akane.
It feels so good when I'm around him, but why does he stay with that
violent girl? I'm much nicer, prettier and cook a heck of a lot
better. I know, diary, it's slow going, but I want Ranma now. Why
can't he see that I love him more than anyone else? Well, he's going
to marry me! I've been patient and I'll just keep on waiting. I
know Ranma's going to choose me as his wife.

Goodnight, diary. I know my dreams will have Ranma in them.

===

<Dear Diary:>

<My husband stopped by today for some ramen. Of course, for him it
was free! Great-grandmother was happy that he stopped by. He even
talked with her about some more training and learning new techniques.
When she said that he had to take me out on a date first, he changed
the subject. Why does he do that? He knows that I'm pretty and we
would have a great time on a date. Great-grandmother just scared
him, probably. We talked for a while, also! It's been so long since
husband and I have had a chance to talk. Usually, Mousse would
interrupt or Great-grandmother would want husband to do something
stupid. He told me about how that violent girl was going to poison
him and that he barely escaped with his life! I've saved the Tendo
family numerous times from her cooking. Nabiki would make a call and
say that it was an emergency. Which reminds me, no one called today.
I wonder why?>

<Mousse attacked husband just as he was leaving. Stupid Mousse ended
up in the garbage again. Husband is so strong and athletic. He will
give me strong children when we return to China. Great-grandmother
says to wait a little longer. Husband will see that I'm the best
fighter, cook and most beautiful girl he knows. He will come back
home with me soon.>

<Goodnight, diary>

===

Journal of Saotome Ranma

Beat pop in morning training. Tricked me afterwards and dunked me in
pond.

Tried to complement Akane on way to school. She kicked me the rest
of the way to school.

Kuno tried to get me to release the pig-tailed goddess, again. He
dropped some pictures of me as a girl. So, I beat him up and took
the pictures. He had some of Akane, too. I gave them to Akane and
tore up the ones of me.

Akane knocked me into the ditch on the way home from school. Uncute,
sexless, tomboy!

Akane tried to poison everyone, again. I left when I saw her going
into the kitchen. Pop said that Nabiki had made arrangements for
everyone else, except me. He said that I should learn to eat my
iinazuke's cooking. I left after I knocked him into the pool.

I stopped at Uc-chan's. She gave me some free okonomiyaki. Talked
with her about my day, so far. It feels good to have a best friend,
like Uc-chan.

I then stopped at the Neko-hanten and Shampoo gave me some free
ramen. Asked Cologne if she would teach me any new techniques, but
all she wanted was for me to date Shampoo. I said no and started
talking with Shampoo. Beat up Mousse as I left.

Ryoga attacked me on the way home. He was shouting something about
me leaving him to die. It ended up with both of us getting splashed
by some old lady tossing water on the street.

I went back home and stayed up on the roof. After thinking about the
day and Akane, I went back to my room. Akane knocked on the door and
asked if I was o.k. We talked for a bit and she went to bed.

Major events of the day:
Turned into a girl four times
Two free dinners
Two fights, three if you count Akane

Overall rating for the day, great. Akane smiled at me.

< > denotes Chinese

--
suds-kun (Shaun Schillinger)
suds...@tir.com

Hello all!

Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction
"Dear Diary - Part Two of Four"
by Suds-kun (suds...@tir.com)

Ranma 1/2 characters are created by and copyright Rumiko Takahashi.
Published by Shogakukan Inc. and VIZ Comm.
Story copyright Shaun Schillinger.
Intended for the sole non-profit use of R.T. fans.

Dear Diary:

Today is so hard to explain or describe, diary. It started out
normal, but ended up weird. You know, the hentai insults me during
breakfast, I hammer him in return, we walk to school, Kuno attacks.

But Ranma disappeared during lunch. I searched everywhere, but he
wasn't anywhere I looked. He didn't return to our classes, either.
I got worried, diary. I still don't know what happened.

When I got home, Ranma was in his room. I went to the dojo to
practice. Ranma usually watches or spars with me, but he never
stopped in. I got mad and went through our shipment of cement
blocks. Nabiki was mad that I used up all five hundred blocks in
one day and said that she wasn't going to order anymore until next
month.

At dinner, Ranma was quiet. He didn't insult me, or even thank
Kasumi, the dolt. Uncle Genma tried to get Ranma to talk, but
Ranma got mad and kicked him into the pond. I told Ranma to grow
up, and he stopped and looked at me. Diary, I've never seen such a
look of anger and pain. He just turned and left for his room.

It's been a few months since we returned from China and the fight
with Safron. Ranma acted a little strange the week after we got
home, but was acting normal until today. I feel bad about
insulting him, but he deserves it for insulting me all of the time.

Shampoo stopped by, with the excuse of delivering ramen. She
wasn't all bouncy and happy like usual. She finally admitted that
she was there to talk to Ranma. She wouldn't say why, just that
she had to talk to him. I wasn't going to go anywhere near that
hentai, so Kasumi told Ranma. He refused to even come out.
Shampoo started pleading and crying, but Ranma yelled through the
door for her to leave.

I didn't know what to think, why was Ranma acting like this? He
always rushed to see Shampoo or Ukyo when the came over. He was
just acting weird.

After Shampoo finally left, I knocked on Ranma's door and asked if
I could come in and talk. He told ME to go away. He said that an
uncute, macho, sexless tomboy wouldn't understand and that he
wanted to be left alone. So I knocked the door down, hammered him
into the floor and went back to my room. It hurt so much that I
just couldn't help but curl up on the bed and cry. I don't know
how long I cried, but Ranma knocked on the door and asked if he
could come in. After straightening myself up, I let him in.

Diary, he apologized! He's tried in the past, but this time he did
it without someone or something interrupting. I must have been in
shock, because he left and went back to his room before I could
accept his apology. I did get up and said through his door that I
accept and appreciate his apology. He said thanks.

I'm going to sleep now. I wonder if Shampoo had anything to do
with Ranma's disappearance today?

Goodnight, diary.

===

Dear Diary:

Just an ordinary day today, diary. Tsubasa barged into the shop
and I kicked him right back out. Konatsu even helped with the
door. The regular customer's were all there today.

Ranma stopped in and we talked as he ate an okonomiyaki. He seemed
a little subdued today. We just talked about the usual things.
Akane this, Akane that. I just nodded and listened, I'm glad we
are able to do this.

I just realized, Ranma should have been at school. Why did he skip
school? I have to get ready for the lunch rush, so I leave early.
But what was Ranma doing? Come to think of it, he did seem
preoccupied about something. Like he had something important to
do.

Well, I'm sure that he will tell me what it is. After all, I'm his
iinazuke and his best friend.

Ukyo

Goodnight, diary. I know my dreams will have Ranma in them.

===

<Dear Diary:>

<Ranma won't marry me. He stopped by this afternoon and said that
he wanted to talk to me alone. Great-grandmother said it was o.k.
and I was so happy that he wanted to see me and take me out on a
date, or so I thought. Mousse tried to stop him and ended up an
unconscious duck.>

<He wanted to go to the park, it seemed so romantic. When he
turned and looked at me, I felt so light headed. Then I saw his
eyes, and a chill went through my body. He said that he still
wanted to be friends, but that he wasn't going to marry me, ever.
I tried arguing with him, but he just kept saying the same thing
over and over.>

<I never told great-grandmother about this, I told her that Ranma
was worried about Akane's cooking and that the Tendo's needed
emergency ramen. This gave me an excuse to see him tonight. I
tried talking to him, but he wouldn't come out to see me. Even
that nice Kasumi couldn't get him to come out. I kind of made a
scene, I didn't act like an Amazon. I acted like a stupid little
girl, crying over a boyfriend.>

<Diary, I promise I'll never act like that again! And I'll never
give up on Ranma! He's my husband, and he'll come back to China
with me.>

<Goodnight, diary>

===

Journal of Saotome Ranma

Morning workout with pop, ended up as a girl, again.

Tried to compliment Akane at breakfast, got the usual 'hammer time'
response.

Went to school for the morning and left for Uc-chan's at lunch
time. I needed some confidence before I confronted Shampoo. I'm
glad Ukyo is such a good friend, she even puts up with me babbling
to her.

Took Shampoo to the park and broke the news to her. I'm not going
to marry her. I told her that we could never be married and that
I'm going to marry someone else.

Dinner ended with me tossing pop into the pond and then going back
to my room.

Shampoo tried to see me and talk. I refused to come out of my
room. She eventually left.

Akane tried to come in my room and ask questions about Shampoo. I
didn't want to talk about it and told her to leave me alone. I
also said a few mean things and really hurt her feelings. I could
hear her crying in her room and tried to apologize. I think I was
successful, she stopped by later and said she accepted my apology.

Turned into girl once.
One free lunch.

Overall rating for the day, bad. Really hurt Akane.

suds-kun (Shaun Schillinger)
suds...@tir.com
"THIS time, we didn't forget the graaavy!" Cat & Mouse to Dog

Hello all!

Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction
"Dear Diary - Part Three of Four"
by Suds-kun (suds...@tir.com)

Ranma 1/2 characters are created by and copyright Rumiko Takahashi.
Published by Shogakukan Inc. and VIZ Comm.
Story copyright Shaun Schillinger.
Intended for the sole non-profit use of R.T. fans.

Dear Diary:

Tsubasa made another pass at me today. This time he was dressed up
as an onsen bench, almost as good as that tree he did once. Anyway,
Konatsu helped me "escort" him out the door. Konatsu has been
helping out quite a bit lately. He hasn't been just quietly working,
but has actually sat and talked with me. His life with his mother
and sisters is a soap opera by itself. Kind of like my life after
Ranma left with his father.

Ranma is still at the hospital with Akane. I visited them today and
brought an okonomiyaki for him. When she first went into the
hospital, he just visited once a day. Now, he stays all day, just
holding her hand. He's really worried, diary. Ranma only talked
about how Akane just fainted away into his arms while they were
arguing. I can tell he blames himself. What a jerk! The doctors
don't know what's wrong and he blames himself!

Diary, I wonder, would Ranma be worried as much if it was me in that
hospital bed? I'm sure he would be by my side right from the
beginning. I don't know what happened, but I do know that I hope
Akane get's better. Ranma and Akane don't deserve all this pain.

Goodnight, diary. I know my dreams will have Ranma in them.

===

<Dear Diary:>

<I think Mousse might suspect. He hasn't said much this past week,
but he looks at me and then takes off his glasses. He hasn't even
complained about great-grandmother or said he loves me.>

<What should I do, diary? I only wanted Akane to sleep for a day or
two, so I could take husband on date. I followed the instructions in
great-grandmothers potion book closely. Well, I did want to make
sure that she didn't wake up too soon. If she doesn't wake up by
tomorrow night, I'm going to tell great-grandmother. Husband and
Mousse aren't talking to me and I can't stand it!>

<Diary, I must confess that I'm more scared now, than when we fought
Safron a year ago. If Akane never wakes up, husband would never talk
to me again. I hope great-grandmother has a cure. Goodnight, diary>

===

Journal of Saotome Ranma

Akane is still in a coma.

Overall rating for the day, horrible.

--
suds-kun (Shaun Schillinger)
suds...@tir.com
"THIS time, we didn't forget the graaavy!" Cat & Mouse to Dog

Hello all! Here's the last chapter.

Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction
"Dear Diary - Part Four of Four"
by Suds-kun (suds...@tir.com)

Ranma 1/2 characters are created by and copyright Rumiko Takahashi.
Published by Shogakukan Inc. and VIZ Comm.
Story copyright Shaun Schillinger.
Intended for the sole non-profit use of R.T. fans.

Dear Diary:

Today was the last day of school. Ranma walked beside me to school!
I'm glad he did, it meant a lot to me that he didn't walk on the
fence. The graduation ceremony is tomorrow and I'm glad we could
have
a nice walk to school. You know, diary, Ranma sure has changed this
past year. After I was poisoned by that demented amazon, Ranma has
treated me differently. The hentai still picks on me, but apologizes
right away, usually.

Our parents want us to get married right after graduation. How could
they? I will marry who _I_ want to marry! Oh diary, you know what
I'm trying to say. It will be two months tomorrow since Ranma told
me that he cares for me. I waited so long for that and now I'm
worried about getting married. Do I really love Ranma? I think so,
diary. I just wish I wasn't being forced into marriage. One of
Nabiki's friends "had" to get married this past year. Is this going
to be the same type of thing? Having to get married, for whatever
reason, and spending the rest of my life with that person? Well, if
it's Ranma, I think I can go along with the marriage.

Nabiki is at college and I want to go, too. I'm thinking of majoring
in drama. If we get married, would I still be able to attend
college? Or am I going to have to stay at the dojo as an obedient
"wife?" No, I'm going to college, because _I_ want to! If Ranma
wants to go with me, then fine!

Diary, Ranma just knocked on the door, I'll tell you about what he
wants later.

===

Dear Diary:

I hate him! He just walks in here and tells me that he's going to
get married in a couple of days! That spineless jerk! He's letting
them force him into marrying Akane! After Shampoo tried to kill
Akane, Ranma acts all stupid and crazy around her! I'm sorry for
yelling, diary. He just makes me so mad!

I guess I'm jealous of Akane. For the past year, Ranma has been
acting extra nice to Akane. She would still yell at him and beat him
up. Until recently, that is. The jerk wore her down! Why couldn't
he pay attention to me like that! I've ALWAYS loved him! Why did he
choose that tomboy over me? She can't even COOK!

He says that, tonight, he's going to ask her if she really wants to
marry him. The idiot is going to propose to her! And he tells ME
first! Oh diary, why can't it be me and not her?

I'm sorry, diary. I'm crying so much that I can't see to write, so
I'm going to go to bed.

Goodnight, diary.

===

<Dear Diary:>

<Mousse told me that Ranma and Akane are getting married in two days.
I wish it was me that he was going to marry. It's all my fault, I
forced Ranma away and into Akane's arms. He hasn't talked to me
since the doctors discovered that Akane had been poisoned. I had
hoped that he would forgive me, but that never happened.>

<Mousse reminded me of my promise. I've thought of that promise
every day since I made it. "I promise to renounce any claim to Ranma
Saotome and will not interfere in his choice of wife." If I didn't
make that promise, Nabiki would have notified the police and I would
have gone to jail or been deported.

<Mousse has been very helpful. He never betrayed me, was always
there when things started to become overwhelming. I just wish he
would say that he loved me. He hasn't said that for so long.>

<I'm going to ask great-grandmother if we can go back home. There's
nothing here, except failure and pain.>

<Goodnight, diary>

===

Journal of Saotome Ranma

Walked Akane to school for the last time. We graduate tomorrow.

Talked to school counselor about college. The entrance exams will be
next month. I'm planning on majoring in Phys. Ed. with a minor in
teaching. That should help the dojo and get as far away as possible
from mother and pop.

Uncle Soun gave me his wife's wedding ring and said that it was for
the wedding in two days.

Stopped at Uc-chan's and told her about the wedding. I also told her
I wanted to make sure Akane wasn't being pressured into marrying me,
like last time, and that I was going to ask her tonight. I was going
to show her the ring, but I could tell that she was getting perturbed
at me.

Asked Akane if she really wanted to go through with the wedding. I
guess I proposed and she said yes.

Didn't change into a girl.
Didn't get into a fight, even with Akane

Overall rating for the day, Perfect.

===

Dear Diary:

HE PROPOSED! He asked me if _I_ wanted to marry _HIM_! I was
shocked at first, but when he showed me the ring... It was mother's
ring. I said yes, diary. I didn't really want to admit that I had
feelings like this for Ranma, but when he looked at me I couldn't
help but start crying. And then, he said that he LOVED me! He loved
ME! Not Ukyo or anyone else, but ME! It took me so long to say yes,
I thought he was going to leave. I just couldn't bear that. I'm glad
he asked me, I wanted my marriage to have meaning, not just a
ceremony with a katana at your back. He kissed me before he left.
It was even better than when he said that he cared for me and then
kissed me. His arms are so strong, I didn't want him to stop or let
go. I'm going to try and sleep, but I don't think I'll be very
successful.

Goodnight, diary.

The End.