[Ranma][Fanfic] Snowflakes

Alessia

Jan 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/23/99

SNOWFLAKES
By Alessia '79

*Characters and situations are property of Rumiko Takahashi and Viz Video.*

Akane watched the snowflakes falling through her bedroom window, her
forehead touching the cold glass. A tear marked her cheek.

<I should be used to this.> she thought <We have argued so many
times I lost count, but...every time it's so painful...>

The girl let herself fall on the bed hugging her pillow while other
tears joined the first.

"Ranma..." she whispered watching the door. In her mind and in her
heart there was a fight. She didn't want to see that jerk, and at the
same time he was the only person on the world at whom she wouldn't say
to leave if he had knocked at her door.

She was annoyed, he hadn't come, yet, he must come to apologize, and
say that no, he didn't intend to make her angry, that he didn't want
to fight with her, that he didn't want to loose her...

After some minutes with these thoughts she decided to wear a
windbreaker and going out in the garden.

<I won't loose this beautiful snow for that baka!>

*** *** ***

Outside it was colder than she expected, but the sight of the
snowflakes that danced in front of her persuaded her to stay there.

<It will be a perfect Christmas with the snow! And I want to see Ranma's
face when he sees my gift...if I'll want to give it to him!>

"Akane" called a voice behind her. The tone had been so low that for
a moment the girl wondered wheter she had imagined it. Then
she turned.

"Ranma" The boy was leaned against the dojo doorjamb, he was
sweating for his training and he was wearing only a pair of trousers
and a sleeveless shirt.

Akane neared her fiancé so he could look at her from the top of the
step that divided them.

"What are you doing out there? It's cold." He said.

"You have cold because you aren't covered. Don't you have a sweater. Go in
before you catch a cold!" she said climbing the step and turning towards
the house.

"Akane, wait!" he said "I'm sorry."

<Yes!> Akane thought stopping her walk, her heart losing a beat.

She turned to look at him. He was watching the ground, while
tumping shyly his fingertips.

"I'm sorry, too, Ranma." Akane said nearing him "And I think that we
must talk about it. We can't keep on fighting."

"It seems like we fight every time we talk." He added "It hurts me, Akane.
Every time I see tears in your eyes I feel so bad I want to scream.
And knowing that I have caused those tears doesn't make me feel better."

Akane stepped closer to Ranma. She put a hand on his shoulder
and watching the ground said:
"Ranma, we have to do something. Our relationship is at a key-point:
either we break the engagment or we go on, together. After the
wedding-fiasco...and all...I'm tired." She looked at him straight in
the eyes "Tired of pretending, tired to live a life where I hadn't
decided anything...tired of loving you without knowing if you feel the
same way..."

Ranma felt his heart in the throat, he couldn't breath normally,
he closed his eyes and, taking his courage with both hands, he lifted his
arms to hug Akane.

**BWEE**

But he hugged only hair. Opening his eyes he saw Akane kneeling at his foot
petting P-chan.

<Damn you, Ryoga!>

Akane stood up holding the little pig and before returning in the house
she turned to her fiancé:
"Think about it, Ranma, I want your answer, soon."

*** *** ***

That night Ranma was spread on his futon with opened eyes.

<Damn it! Damn it! Once I have decided to end this crazy situation!>

He watched the time: 2:00 AM.

<Akane is sleeping now, and that bastard Ryoga is with her!>

The boy stood up and, without thinking, he found himself standing in
front of his fiancée's door.
He opened the door, inside there was an incredible silence, the only
sound was the breathing of a person, two persons.
Ranma neared the bed, Akane was sleeping peacefully, with a sweet
smile painted on her lips, at the end of the bed P-chan was sleeping
as well.

<Oh, there is our tender P-chan!> Ranma thought <Little rascal! Do
you know you had ruined an important moment? I'm sorry but I have
to punish you...> and thinking this he took carefully the little
black pig with his arms, paying attention to not wake him up, he neared the
window and without noise he opened it, leaving on the ledge covered
fresh-fallen snow the little pig.

<Sweet dreams, P-chan!> was Ranma's thought when he closed the window.

<At least he wasn't sleeping under the covers with her!>

The boy sat on the edge of the bed, enchanted watching Akane's face
lightened by the light of a street lamp that filtered from the
window.

Then he decided to wake her up.

"Uhm...what is...who is?" she asked brushing her eyes with her
hands and trying to recognize the shadow in front of her.

"Akane...it's me..."

"Ranma?" realizing who it was she sat up "I hope you have a good reason
to come here, in my room, in the dead of the night, waking me and
P-chan...hey! Where is my little pig?"

"Uhm...I think he is gone for a walk."

"Well, I have to find him, this house is so big and..." Akane
wanted to stand up but stopped when she felt Ranma's hand on her
shoulder.

"I want you to listen to me, first." Akane was surprised by Ranma's tone
of voice, it was strong and firm, but at the same moment it let
betrayed a great emotion, so she decided to listen to him.

"Go on." She said.

"I...I have thought a lot about what you had said in the garden."

"But...Ranma, it was few hours ago!"

"I know, but what you had said to me had made me think a lot, in
particular when you had showed me the possibility of going on,
together. Together,...you know? In that moment this word had assumed a
new meaning for me, not: Ranma and Akane, two persons engaged by their
fathers. In that very moment I saw another possibility, you showed me an
us, me and you as one, tied up by something we want, we and nobody
else."

"Ranma, I think that our engagement is a little too crowded to talk
about an us. There aren't only our fathers, there is Ukyo, Shampoo,
Kodachi, Kuno..."

"...Gosunkugi and Ryoga." Ranma finished.

"Ryoga? Why Ryoga?"

"Haven't you noticed he is in love with you?"

"Ryoga...in love...with me?" she said blushing.

"Do you think it's impossible?"

"Well, it's flattery, but...I don't feel the same for him...you know...I
like him, as a friend. Nothing more."

"I know I shouldn't say it, but I'm happy!"

"Happy? Why?"

"Because he was my first rival. I don't believe Kuno or Gosunkugi could
be a real problem..."

"Ranma, what are you trying to say?"

Ranma took his fiancée hands, and caressing them he said:
"Akane, I know that since I came into your life our relationship had had
more downs than ups, and I also know that living with me and my big
mouth, which speaks before the brain starts working, it isn't easy...but
I...I love you, and I want to live all my life with you." And after
saying so, he opened a little box he had in a pocket, and showed the
ring which was inside to Akane. "My mother give this to me last year.
She said I could have used it...sooner or later...man, she was right!
Akane, do you want to marry me? Not because your father say so, but
because your heart say so?"

Akane watched the ring, she took it and with trembling hands she put it
on on her right ringfinger.
"Yes, I want, baka!" she shouted hugging him heartily "I love you so
much, Ranma. This declaration is better than in my dreams."

After a while the girl broke the hug and looking straight in his eyes
said:
"You know that marrying me you also marry my bad temper, don't you? You
know I'm very jealous, and if I saw one of your other fiancées glomping
onto you I could react violently, even if now I know your true
feelings..."

"This is the Akane I'm in love with...and if you'll take me as I am,
with my qualities and my lacks, you must know I have already taken
you as you are."

"Ranma..."

"Akane..."

Ranma swallowed noisily when he saw Akane lifting slowly her chin
towards him closing her eyes, then he put his hands on her shoulders
and, letting his eyelids close, closed in 'till their
lips touched midway.

Their first kiss was very sweet, both jumped at the sensation that
contact caused them, but then they started to appreciate it...

Outside, in the night, the snowflakes kept on falling slowly on a
black little pig, that wandering on the roof of the Tendo house keeped
on wondering when he first become a sleep-walker...

C&C are welcomed at al...@numerica.it
Visit my page! www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Palace/3936/index.htm
Or at least read my other fanfics at
www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Palace/3936/ffpage.htm