[Ranma][FanFic] Of Fatherhood...(Rough Draft)

Noriega

Jun 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/22/98

Of Fatherhood
By Kahlil Noriega
Pre-read and Edited by Kiwi Noriega

Disclaimer:
All rights belong to Rumiko Takahashi and Viz Video

Legend:
* Descriptions and thoughts *

Of Fatherhood (Rough Draft)

Opening his eyes

Letting his the adjust to the brightness and haze of his surroundings

The bright blue sky with its slow drifting white clouds

The sea of grass, he stood on with a gentle breeze blowing through his
hair.

Everything was so quiet and peaceful, one could easily forget one's own
troubles in the world.

Then he could begin to hear soft sounds of childlike laughter echoing
throughout the fields. Filled with such wonder and awe that one would smile
inwardly just hearing it.

Ranma spun quietly from where he stood, smiling at the peacefulness of his
surroundings. The soft hues of sunlight, highlighting the leaves as they
shook quietly in the branches of a nearby tree. The wind was cool to the
touch, and Ranma lifted his hand up to cover his eyes slightly as he
squinted through the bright light of the sun. Everything was so quiet and
peaceful, he couldn't help but smile in pleasant content.

Suddenly, he felt a slight tug on his shirt.

Turning around, he grinned as he saw a small boy about two feet in height,
wearing a blue shirt and shorts. His hair was cut short and had a small
tail dangling at the nape of his skull about three inches or so. The little
boy had both of his arms extended, grinning as Ranma cheerfully smiled at
him.

"Do you want me to carry you?" Ranma asked, gazing down at the boy.

"Mmmph!" the boy cheered nodding his head as Ranma picked him up and off
the ground, sitting him on his shoulders, pretending to fall as the little
boy screamed in delight.

As soon as their laughter ended, Ranma regarded the boy and thinking that
he might be lost or something, asked, "So where do you wanna go, little
man?"

"There!" The boy said as he pointed to a hill, with single tree on top
whose leaves swayed in the cool quiet wind under the bright morning sun.

Ranma just stared up at it for a while, then grinning, went towards the
pointed direction.

Slowly, they made their way to the hill, the boy, laughing all the way.
Ranma just smiled up at him, remembering his own childhood as he relived a
few instances of his past in his mind, as he shared the child's joy.

As he approached the tree, the boy almost jumped up and down his shoulder.
Ranma turned his gaze away from the boy to the shadowed figure in the
groove. He just stood there for a moment in disbelief as the boy slowly
slid down from his arms and ran up to the shadowed figure, calling out,
"Mommy! Mommy!" in joyful tones.

>From where he stood, Ranma could see the two figures exchange a few words
and slowly, the woman picked up the child in her arms and approached him, a
sweet smile crossing her face.

Ranma could only stare at the beautiful woman in front of him as she
cradled the boy in her arm. Giggling at the little boy's cheerful protests
as she poked and tickled him in the ribs.

Long, bluish-black hair came past her shoulders, her soft bangs framing a
face that almost looked like Kasumi's, but was not. This was Akane, he was
sure. Yet, looking at her again, he knew that this is how Akane would look
like if she were in her early 20's. Things just didn't add up, this must be
a dream he thought.

The little boy, he saw, had a huge grin painted on his face as he sat there
in his mothers arms looking up at him. The woman smiled at him and turned
to face the boy.

"So did you and daddy have a wonderful time?" Akane asked her child.

"Mmmmph" the boy said, nodding his head up and down.

"Daddy?" Ranma uttered.

"Of course you silly..." she told him lovingly, then said to the boy, "Now
give daddy a big hug, and go out and play, ok?"

The child quickly rushed up to Ranma and hugged his leg, giggling as he
looked up at him. Ranma bent down and ruffled the boy's hair and grinned
back at him as the boy simply laughed and tried to swat Ranma's hand away.

Ranma held the boy at arm's length and said, "Now you go out and play,
okay?"

"Ok daddy." the boy said and quickly darted off to the open field.

"And don't go out to far!" Akane shouted, as the boy looked back and waved.

Ranma just squatted there, staring off after the little boy. Already, he
could feel a certain connection between him and the child that called him
father.

* I guess I could play along until I figure out what's going on* He told
himself, but couldn't help but feel a bit of joy as he looked back at his
'son' playing in the distance. Laughing and running about as he tried
catching a few of the butterflies around him.

Akane smiled down at him and said, "Quite an energetic tike isn't he?"

"Yeah he sure is" Ranma answered, still squatting there, looking at his
'son' who was clearly enjoying himself as he played.

Akane put her hand on his shoulder and said, "Comes from his father you
know"

"Ohhh? And who could that be?" Ranma answered cheerfully as he slowly got
up and faced her.

"You, silly, or are you having second thoughts about being married to me?"
Akane asked a bit jokingly yet nervousness tinged her voice.

"Why should I be? I couldn't be happier! A beautiful and loving wife,"
Ranma said and gently lifted up her chin to face him, then continued, "and
a wonderful son! I couldn't ask for anything more."

Akane smiled up at him, as she leaned in closer to him placing her hand on
his chest as she relished the feel and touch of him this close.

Ranma could only hold her in his arms, smiling* This could all be just a
dream, married to Akane, a son, just all a wonderful dream. If only I don't
have to wake up, *

He didn't know whether to be angry, sad or happy, he just wanted it to last
longer or maybe for eternity.
Akane sensing that something bothered her husband; looked up at him and
asked, "What are you thinking of Ranma? Is something wrong?" Akane said a
bit worried, parting slightly from him, gazing into his blue-gray eyes.

Ranma, surprised a little could only reply back, "Nothing, nothings wrong.
What makes you say that?"

Akane looked down at the ground and said, "You've been a little quiet
today."

"I've just had a lot to think about..." Ranma tried to assure her.

"Like what?" she asked, looking up at him.

"Ohh no, I mean Ryouga and the rest of them..."

Akane smiled and answered, "Oh don't worry about them, I'm sure Ukyou can
handle him. The rest, they can mind their own business for now."

"Oh."

"Mmmm Hmmmp. Oh yeah, Ranma, go fetch Ryu, so that we can eat already."

"Ok."

With that, Akane sped off to the tree and started arranging a few things to
set up for the meal.

Ranma looked away to go look for Ryu.

Walking around, he finds him standing in a quiet field, in a basic kempo
stance. Ranma could only smile as he watched his son practice the Art and
feel really proud at him. Fumbling with a kick, Ryu slipped and fell down.
Quickly, Ranma rushed to his side to check if he was all right.

"Are you ok?"

"Mmmph" Ryu said softly as he got up.

"Here, let me show you how it's done." And with that, Ranma did the move
his son was just practicing. And sure enough, his son quickly picked up on
it and was now following what Ranma was doing. Ranma could only feel pride
as he saw what his son was doing.

They were still practicing when Ranma heard a soft cry in the distance.
Turning around he saw Akane walking up to them.

"I should have known..."

"Mom, Dad was just showing me the technique I was practicing."

"I'm sure he did, now you're all dirty..." She said as she knelt down and
rubbed away the dirt with a piece of cloth. Ranma could only smile as he
watched the two of them.

"Well, there you go. You're all clean. Well I assume that you're both
probably hungry so let's go and eat ok. I made plenty for everybody."

Ranma suddenly paled at the mention of Akane's cooking which wasn't lost to
Akane.

"Hmmph! It's been 5 years now, and still your mocking my cooking, well
mister, you'll just have to eat all of it and enjoy it." Akane said in mock
anger then smiled afterwards.

Ryu just laughed at the all too common joke between them.

Slowly, Ranma's mind began working again, and thought to play along as they
went over to their picnic area and sat down on the blanket. Akane handing
out their individual lunches as Ranma cautiously poked his with his
chopsticks. When it didn't move, he cautiously took a piece and raised it
to his lips. Glancing at Akane who was smiling at Ryu as she fed him. Ranma
hesitantly takes a bite. And his eyes pop out.

It was delicious, almost as if Kasumi herself had cooked it, maybe even
better. He could only look at his now empty chopstick and a grinning Akane
as she spooned more food into his plate. And he just sat there smiling.
Happy at how life has finally come around to him. A loving wife that cooks
great, a son that showed a lot of promise, a family of his own. Everything
was just like a dream. And he tried to stifle a few tears of joy from his
eyes. Akane and Ryu just smiled up at him.

"Mom! I'm finished, can I go out and play?"

"Sure dear, I'll accompany you."

"Yeyy!" Ryu shouted as he jumped around with joy. Ranma could only smile at
the enthusiasm the youth displayed as both mother and son got up and headed
for the fields.

Ranma spins around from where he sat and watched them play. Life can be so
wonderful at times he thought. Then Ryu comes running to him, a flower in
hand shocking him out of his thoughts. Ranma smiles at the offering and
takes the offered flower in his hand. Ryu just smiled back at him and
laughed as he returned to his mother's side who just smiled back at him
from the field.

Ranma felt contentment wash over him in waves and he smiled. Then turning
to look up at the sky, hand over his eyes. The brightness seemingly
increasing the longer he stared up at it. Squinting, a voice seemed to call
out from the haze of the light.

"Ranma" the voice softly called. He felt confused at the sound.

"Ranma" the voice repeated again and the light seemed much brighter now.

***

"Ranma come on. Wake up you dummy, we're going to be late!" Akane screamed
at him.

Ranma rubs his eyes, letting them adjust to the light of the morning sun
only to find Akane staring down at him.

"Hi Akane..." Ranma said weakly as he smiled up at her.

"What's with you? Come on, get up we're going to be late."

"Huh?"

"School, dummy! Come on!" Akane said finally before leaving through the
door and out of Ranma's room.

Ranma propped himself up, leaning on his elbows as he watched Akane leave
the room.

* "So I guess it was all a dream after all." * He said as he got up from
bed, failing to see the small flower by his pillow as he got up to shower.

***

Later we find them running to school in their usual positions, Ranma on the
fence and Akane on the street.

Ranma looks at Akane from behind. And feeling his stare, Akane glanced back
to look at him and let out her tongue before sprinting off headed for
school. Ranma smiles inwardly, remembering his dream.

* "So what, if it was only a dream, dreams can become reality can't it..."
* He grinned as he tried to catch up with Akane.

The images of the dream firmly locked in his mind. And he laughed out of
sheer joy and happiness.

- The End

Epilogue: (After 5 years)

Ranma is walking out in the fields, the sun is bright and the wind blew
gently. In the distance stood Akane and Ryu side by side. Ranma smiles as
he ran up to them and stopped in front of them. Each smiling at each other,
Ryu runs to his father and Ranma embraces Akane. Together they walked to
the tree. And everything was as it should be.

Explanation:

I was riding on the bus when this idea suddenly hit me. What if Ranma
suddenly found himself as a father and married to Akane with a son and no
rivals or the common wackiness coming, just the two of them and their
child. How would Ranma cope if he suddenly found himself in such a
position?

Oh yeah, about Akane and Ranma's son, I didn't know the generally accepted
name, if there was one like Kaneda for boy-type Akane. So I just took what
seemed to be the ideal name for their son. If anybody knows, please tell
me.

Author's note:

At first, I tried using the Japanese words for mother and father, and a few
other words for this story. But I changed it all, as I didn't know how to
use them properly. This comes from not being able to understand or write
Japanese. Maybe when I come down to editing it, I might change it. I just
hope that even with this irregularity, you still enjoyed the story. And as
always, C&C, MST's, pre-reading for my other stories and the like are
welcome. Flames also.

~ Kahlil Noriega ~

Ranma 1/2 A Chinese Ghost Story"

Frost fills the sky over Ten Mile Lake,
Silken threads anxious of youth....
Looking at the moon and feeling lonely...
Envious of lovers, not of immortality.
Envious of love, not of immortality. "

- Excerpt from the movie " A Chinese Ghost Story "

Ranma ½ Deepest Thoughts

*What would it be like to kiss her right here and now? * Ranma thought as
he stared down at Akane. Unsure of what to do next

*Should I let him? * Akane thought as she looked back at Ranma's gorgeous
blue black eyes that sparkled in the lamplight.

*I've always wanted to do it and it feels as though she wants me to. Should
I go on, but what if she*

*I want you to* Akane thought finally.

Ranma slowly lowers his lips to hers. His eyes closing slightly as his lips
lowered to meet hers

~ Deepest Thoughts - Chapter 1

The anything goes Ranma 1/2 Fanfiction page:
http://www.geocities.com/tokyo/temple/9371

E-Mail:Beck...@addax.bc.ca