[Eva][Ranma][AMG] Better Future [parts 5-6]

JLee100441

Jul 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/24/98

A Better Future

By James Lee

Disclaimer: None these characters are mine. They are the property of
there creators and owners. Coming after me well be pretty useless.

Previous parts can be found on my webpage at:
http://members.aol.com/JL100441/index.html

Part 5
Asuka was walking though the ruins of Tokyo 3. She couldn't
believe she was the only one left. She had to find someone else. Asuka
then heard a sound down the street. Running, she turned the corner to
see....
"SHINJI!!" Asuka ran up and hugged her fellow pilot.
"Shinji! How did you escape!? I thought you were dead. I was
beginning to think I was the only survivor."
"That's the problem Asuka." Said Shinji.
"What?"
"There weren't suppose to be any survivors." With that Shinji
changed into the white form of a EVA 05 series EVA. The white EVA
then sliced open Asuka's belly with it's sword. As the stunned Asuka
fell and started to die in a pool of her own blood, the EVA came down
on her. Opening it's mouth it began to feed.
Asuka woke up. Normally she would have woke up screaming
at such a dream, but she had this one before. Four days ago it had
been her friend Hikari and two days before that her mother. Asuka
seemed to be getting used to the nightmares she had everynight. She
didn't know whither to be happy or worried about that.
Getting out of bed Asuka got ready for school. After thinking
about what the goddess had said, Asuka had decided she'd at least try
to accomplish her mission alone first. If she failed then she might seek
help, if she survived. If she didn't she had made a note to leave Dr. Tofu
telling him everything. She didn't know if he would believe it all, but at
least someone would know what was going to happen.
Asuka had finally come up with a plan to stop second impact.
She would take out SEELE or whoever was backing the expedition.
It was composed of three phases. Phase one, preparing, was already
under way. Phase two, Recon, would be started today. Phase three,
Strike, would be carried out after completion of Phases one and two.
It was dangerous but it was the best plan Asuka could come up with at
the moment. It was a one shot deal and if it didn't work, Asuka really
didn't know what she was going to do next.
*Well let's not think about that now. I need to start Phase two
today.* thought Asuka as she finished getting ready and left for school.

*****

Skuld went out to get some ice-cream. She wasn't out of the door
when she ran into Keiichi and Megumi. Skuld was shocked to see that
they were almost skeletons. "W-What's wrong with you two!?"
"We're starving! There's no food!" Skuld turned to get something
for them, only to be confronted with a thousand more skeletal figures.
"Fooood! We need Food!"
"B-but I don't have any!" Shouted Skuld. The thousand became
a million smothering her. "We're hungry! Give us foood!"
"I-I don't have any food! Please NNNOOOoooo!"
"NOOooo!" Skuld woke up from her own nightmare. "Hey you
okay Skuld?"
Skuld looked up at her new 'boss'. "I'm fine Ukyo just a bad
dream that's all."
"Oh. Well you better get out of bed and get ready. We have the
morning rush to take care of before school."
Skuld nodded and got out of the cot that Ukyo had loan her. As
she got ready for 'work' Skuld thought about how she got into this mess.
Skuld had just teleported to Nerima and was rather hungry.
Not seeing any near by ice-cream stores, she decided to go into a
okonomiyaki restaurant. She was half-way in the door when she was
suddenly attacked from behind by a MAILBOX!(1) Skuld quickly
produced a bomb and sent the offending mailbox into orbit. Unfortunately
she also destroyed a good part of the front entrance. However, although
the owner Ms Kuonji was upset about her doorway, she did thank Skuld
for getting rid of a 'pest' and said that Skuld could work as payment for
the damages. Skuld, a goddess second class, was now working as a
waitress at the Ucchan. *How degrading!* Skuld did find Ukyo to be a
nice person. Upon noticing Skuld's bag, Ukyo offered Skuld a place to
stay in the restaurant and even let her barrow a Furinkan girl's uniform.
Apparently Ukyo preferred the boys uniform. The girl's uniform was a bit
big on Skuld but that was okay. She wasn't planning on staying there long.
After she finished getting ready Skuld went into dining area to
wait tables. *I wonder what else could go wrong.*

*****

Nabiki was sitting at her desk taking care of her various
businesses. There was a good half hour before classes started and
Nabiki planned to make good use of it. Suddenly what few people that
were in the class room became very quiet. Looking up Nabiki could see
why it gotten so quiet. "Hello Asuka. What can I do for you?"
Asuka placed one of the papers Nabiki had given her yesterday
on the desk. "I want you to find out all you can about the people who are
behind the Katsuragi Expedition. I want to know who's backing them
financially. Where they hang out, ect. And I want it kept real quiet this
time."
Nabiki looked at the paper. "It will cost you 9000 yen again."
"Fine." Said Asuka as she took out 3000 yen and handed it to
Nabiki. "You know the procedure."
Nabiki sighed. "3000 now, 6000 when you get your info."
"Right! Oh and I'm serious about keeping it quiet. That's for your
own good as well as mine." Said Asuka as she left the classroom.
"Ah yeah. Okay. Have a nice day." Nabiki then turned to see
another student approaching her. It was Oshii of the chemistry club. "Ah
Oshii! I was about to go looking for you. Do you have my money?"
"Ah no but..." Oshii nervously looked around to make sure Asuka
was gone. "I heard you were looking for any information on Asuka."
"Go on." Said Nabiki.
"Well lately she's been working on something in the Chem lab
after school."
"Oh? What?" Nabiki was a little interested in this.
"I don't know. She chases off anyone who tries to help her. She
hit Yuuki in the head with a metal chair when he got too close to it.
S-She's scary!"
"That she is." Nabiki was now very interested. "Okay I'll cut you
a little slack for now. I'll cut you some more if you find out what she's
working on."
"Okay! I think I can do that."
"Good! Now if you'll excuse me I have some other business to
take care of." With that Nabiki left the classroom. She then went down
to the first floor and entered a freshmen classroom. Nabiki walked up
to a thirteen year old girl typing on a computer. The girl had short black
hair and a mole under her left eye. The girl looked up from her computer.
"Nabiki?"
"Hi Ritsuko want another brake on your loan?"
Ritsuko sighed. "What do you want now?"
"MEEE?"
"You wouldn't be offering me a brake on my loan if you didn't
want something."
"True. Do you remember that Antarctic info you got for me?"
"Ah yeah."
"Well my client want's more information on the Katsuragi
Expedition. Who's backing it. Where they hang out. Everything you can
find."
"Well I guess that isn't too hard. My mother's working for that
expedition right now."
"Oh really?"
"Yeah. She's making some new program's for there GPS systems.
She also working on something at the museum. She won't tell much about
it though."
Ritsuko went back to her typing. "I'll see what I can come up with.
It may take some time. I got a LOT of important thing's to do."
"Yeah. Just keep in mind you owe me a LOT of money. Oh and
one other thing. She wants it kept real confidential." Said Nabiki as she
headed back to her classroom.
Ritsuko sighed. *Why couldn't I have gotten the money from
Mom.*

*****

"Class this is Skuld Eisbarm. She's an exchange student from
Europe. I want you to make her welcome." Said Ms. Hinako as she
introduced Skuld to the classroom.
"Eh it is nice to be here." Said Skuld. Fortunately the school had
accepted her somewhat false identity. Although Kamisama frowned
heavily on lying, he had granted Skuld and her sisters a certain amount
of leniency to conceal there divine status. Ever since that incident in which
Aoshima and Sayoko had gotten a video of Belldandy coming though a
mirror and almost exposed them.
Technically she wasn't lying. She and her sisters really were from
Europe and the last name really was a nickname given to her by a German
god. Since this was Japan, Skuld doubted many people would know
what it really meant.
As Ms Hinako looked for a seat for her new student. Skuld noticed
a small light on her watch was blinking. *The temporal disturbance is
near by!* Pretending to check the time, Skuld looked at her 'watch'. On
the watch face was not only the time, but also two other digital displays
and an arrow pointing to the right. *Hmm It's 345 mils(2) to the right and
ONLY THREE METERS AWAY!*
Skuld lowered her arm and looked to the right. About three
meters away was a girl looking STRAIGHT at her. Skuld quickly looked
away. Ms. Hinako then spoke up. "Well Ms. Eisbarm. Since you came
in with Ms. Kuonji, you can sit next to her."
Skuld made her way to the desk next to Ukyo. As she walked,
she could feel the eyes of the girl watching her.
Asuka watched the new girl move to her seat. *What's she doing
here!? Her name is Skuld EISBARM!?(3) What is it with the twentieth century
and names? Oh well. I think I better talk to her. Maybe at lunch.*
As Skuld sat down, Ukyo nudged her. "Hey Something wrong?"
"That girl over there with the thing's in her hair."
"Oh that's Asuka. I can see why your bothered. She is creepy."
Said Ukyo. "She doesn't seem to like anyone. She doesn't talk to anyone.
Doesn't seem to go out much. She eats her lunch alone away from
everybody else..."
"I see." *Away from everybody else huh. Convenient.* Skuld
thought. If the disturbance tended to stay away from people, then it
would be easier to neutralize without many people noticing.
Ukyo looked at Skuld concerned. "You might want to steer clear
of her Skuld. She's got a real psycho temper."
"Umm." Skuld nodded. *Humph! I can take her!* The class then
started.

*****

It was now lunch time. Asuka had taken her usual place away
from everyone else. She decided she'd first eat lunch then go look for
Ms EISBARM. As she began to eat, she notice said goddess coming
towards her. Asuka was about to say something when the girl threw a
small object at her. Some danger sense went off in Asuka's head and
she quickly dodged. The object exploded, throwing Asuka off her feet!
"What the hell!"
Asuka got up to see Skuld throw another bomb at her. Asuka
made a run for it. She looked behind her. Skuld was following throwing
bombs all the way. Asuka then notice she was entering a part of the
school that was under repair. *Well I can't run forever.* As Skuld throw
another bomb, Asuka stopped and picked up a 2x4. Preying that the
grenade didn't have a impact fuse, Asuka struck the bomb like a baseball.
Skuld eyes widen as her own bomb came flying back at her and
exploded in mid-air. Coughing and sweeping away the smoke, Skuld
became very mad. *ALL RIGHT NO MORE MS. NICE GODDESS!*
Asuka for her part seem to notice something, as she quickly dropped
her 'bat' and ran into a near by crowd of students. *Great! Now I can't
use my bombs! Well there's more than one way to deal with a Rat!*
Skuld reached into her bag and pulled out a small rod. Pushing a button
on the side extended the rod into a full size mallet. *I'll get you yet!*
Skuld was about to renew her attack when she heard a voice behind her.
"Sooo Ms Eisbarm your a delinquent huh!"
"Wahh!?" Skuld turned to find herself facing Ms Hinako. "B-But
she's..."
"HIPPO FIVE YEN DRAIN!!!"
Asuka slowed down when as she heard Ms Hinako give Skuld
the vampire treatment(as she called it). *Humph! Serves her right!*
Asuka had seen Ms Hinako approaching after the bomb went off and
made a hasty retreat. She had no desire to be on the receiving end of
whatever that woman did. The girl, woman, whatever also made Asuka
uneasy. Ms Hinako had strange powers and in Asuka's book that often
equaled Angle. *Well as long as she leaves me alone.*
Clearing her mind of Ms Hinako, Asuka began to think about
what just happen. Things had suddenly become complicated. *Why did
the goddess attack me? I mean, she's the one who sent me here.* Asuka
then remembered that the Skuld that gave her the wish was much older.
The Skuld that just attacked her was about her age, if not younger. *She
hasn't meet me yet so I guess she doesn't remember me. Still. That
doesn't explain her attacking me.* Asuka came to the conclusion that
she now couldn't trust any goddesses anymore. With that Asuka started
to return to class. *I hope Nabiki's fast. The sooner this is over the
better!*

*****

Later in the day, Ukyo was on her way home when she felt
something grab her ankle. Looking down she saw a drained Skuld.
"I-Ice-Ice-cream. Need ice-cream."
"I see you've run into Ms Hinako's bad side." Sighed Ukyo as she
picked her new employee up off the ground. "Come on. let's get home."
With that Ukyo and Skuld made there way back to the Ucchan.

To be continued

Notes
(1) Actually it was Tsubasa just trying to get into the Ucchan. Skuld just
happen to be in his way.

(2) Mils: Mils are a metric means of telling direction. It's used by modern
U.S. Artillery units. Using mils are a lot more accurate than degrees.
There are 6400 mils in a circle with a little over 17.7 mils per degree.

(3) Eisbarm: German for ice-cream gut.

And finally a question.
Who in Ranma 1/2 do you think would make the best team up
with Asuka? Currently it's a tie for the following (of which I both got parts
thought up for).

Asuka/Shampoo

Asuka/Ranma

Are there any others? If so, please give reason.

I like to thank the people who gave idea's in the last C&Cs that aloud
me to keep this going. Please keep the idea's coming. PLEASE....

Thanks

James

Send C&C, ideas, etc. to JLee1...@aol.com

A Better Future

By James Lee

Disclaimer: The usual stuff. These character aren't mine. blah,blah,blah.
They belong to there creators. blah,blah,blah.

What has happen: In an alternite EVA universe Asuka is the last
survivor of third impact. Skuld gives her a wish and she wishes to
'prevent all that's happen'. Asuka soon finds herself in Nerima in 1997
and sets out to stop second impact alone. After watching all her friends
die once, she doesn't want to make anymore. Mean while a younger
Skuld detects the Asuka's arrival as a temporal disturbance. Feeling
she has something to prove to Urd and the others, Skuld decides to
neutralize the disturbance on her own. Skuld's first attempt however,
fails.

Previous parts can be found at:
http://members.aol.com/JLee100441/index.html

Part 6
Skuld sighed as she worked on the test. Her mission was
becoming very frustrating. She had been there three days now with
no results to show for it. Asuka was proving to be a hard target to
neutralize.
Between working and sleeping, the only time Skuld had seen
Asuka was at school. Since Skuld had first attacked her, Asuka had
now stayed close to large groups of students. This meant that Skuld
couldn't use her bombs. She doubted her sisters or Kamisama would
approve of undue casualties. Also, because she only saw Asuka at
school, Skuld also ran the risk of meeting Ms. Hinako.
Skuld shuddered at the thought of the vampire teacher. Ever
since their first confrontation, the woman seemed to have it out for
Skuld. Now Ms. Hinako drained her for the slightest mistake. This had
earned her the sympathy of the entire class (minus Asuka). Ukyo's
fiancee Ranma said that he felt her pain. Seems to be he was Ms.
Hinako's favorite before Skuld came to school.
It had not helped that a student by the name of Kuno seem to
be interested in her and wouldn't leave her alone. Skuld never thought
that she would run into any mortal who was more perverted than
Keiichi(1). *What's he mean he'll date all FOUR of us!?*
Then there was that Nabiki girl. She had been hassling Skuld
for information about Asuka ever since their first fight. Skuld had told
her it was none of her business. Ukyo however, had warned her to be
careful of the 'mercenary' Tendo. That she was.....
"Ms Eisbarm! Why aren't you working? Are you cheating?"
"Ah ah NO Ms Hinako. I just g-got distracted that's all."
Skuld was so deep in thought that she hadn't noticed that she had
stopped writing.
"Oh really. Well don't be distracted or ELSE!"
"Y-y-yes Maim."
Ms Hinako looked at Skuld like a lion looking at the fattest
Gazelle in the heard. She didn't know why, but draining Skuld had felt
particularly good and had kept Ms Hinako in adult form for over six
hours. Since that first day, Ms Hinako had been looking for any
reason to drain Skuld again.
Skuld quickly returned to working on the test. *At least I have
the weekend to look forward to.* Thought Skuld with a smile. During
the weekend she'd have time track down Asuka without Ms. Hinako
breathing down her neck. *I'll get you yet Asuka! And then everything
will be fine. Or will it?* Skuld looked over at Ms. Hinako.
Skuld was beginning to wonder if Asuka really was the
disturbance. Sure she was a violent anti-social. Sure all Skuld's sensors
said Asuka was the disturbance. Besides those two facts however,
Asuka appeared to be a normal student.(2) Ms Hinako on the other
hand drained the life force from the living and changed age often. Was
Ms. Hinako the disturbance? Was Ms. Hinako causing her sensors to
pick out Asuka to throw her off. Maybe she should ask....*NO! I
said I do this on my own and I meant it. I'll lay off Asuka for while and
investigate Ms. Hinako this weekend. Yeah that's what I'll do.*

(1) Perverted in her eyes. This is true of any mere mortal that tries to
date her sister.

(2) Granted a weird student.

*****

Nabiki was beginning to eat her lunch when Ritsuko came up
to her and handed her a file. Nabiki sipped her tea as she look through
the information. "Well that didn't take long."
"Well this time you only asked for information about one
expedition and like I said; my moms working for them." Said Ritsuko
as she sat down. "I really didn't even have to hack any computers. I
just asked her about it over dinner."
"So what did you find out?" Asked Nabiki, wanting to hear it
from Ritsuko herself.
"The whole expedition is being backed by Keele Lorenz."
Nabiki raised an eyebrow. "Keele Lorenz? The wealthy
industrialist?"
"You know him?"
"Only that he's rich and he's German."
"Well he really has dual German/Israeli citizenship and rich is
NOT the word. The man has companies all over the world! He has
defense contracts with the German Bundeswher and the Israeli IDF.
He's also big into biotechnology. He was one of the ones who's raising
hell against the ban on human cloning. He also does a lot of 'favors' for
the UN."
Nabiki looked back at the information. "Hmm Interesting."
Ritsuko nodded her head. "Yes. Unfortunately, what I just told
you is just about all I can find out about him. The only other thing I
could find is a tabloid article that said he was part or leader of some
secret international society. Some sort of shadow 'Big Brother'
organization. I tried hacking into one of his company's computers, but
I was stopped short and almost got caught!"
"So there's nothing else in here?"
"Well there is one thing, he's in Tokyo right now."
"Oh?" Nabiki saw Asuka and waved her to come over.
"Yeah. He's visiting Lortech Japan, the company my mom
works for."
Asuka walked up to the table. "You have my information?"
Nabiki held out her hand. "Umm hm."
Asuka reached into her bag and took out the money. *This
better be good. I'm running out of cash!* Asuka then noticed the girl
that was sitting next to Nabiki.
Nabiki took the money and handed the file to Asuka. She
then noted how uneasy Asuka looked and whom she seemed to be
uneasy about. "Oh Asuka this is my contact, Ritsuko Akagi. Ritsuko
this is Asuka Soryu."
Asuka became even more uneasy. "I have to go. I'll keep in
touch." That said, Asuka turned around and left the cafeteria as fast
as she could.
Nabiki blinked then turned to Ritsuko. "What was THAT all
about?"
Ritsuko looked at her. "You're asking ME?"
"She was looking at you like you were a ghost." Ritsuko shrugged.
"I've never seen her in my entire life.Wait! Isn't she the one who sliced
up Kino about a week ago?"
Suddenly Oshii entered the cafeteria and sat down in front of
Nabiki. "Nabiki, we got a talk!"
Nabiki looked at him "You find something out?"
"I got hold of the plans Asuka's been working off of and
Xeroxed them." Oshii placed a piece of paper in front of Nabiki. It
appeared to be a technical drawing. Nabiki looked up at Oshii. "OK.
What is it?"
"Well you see this formula in the upper right." Nabiki nodded.
"That's cyclotrimethylene and that's trinitramine. Which when you mix
together with the other stuff, you get a compound known as RDX, a
sensitive high explosive."
"So she's making a bomb?"
Oshii shook his head. "Not just any bomb! Nabiki, when the
chemistry club makes a bomb or land mine to defeat Saotome it's
usually just a powder bomb, more bark than bite. Asuka's got about five
kelos of this RDX surrounded by over 300 ball bearings! This bomb
is design to KILL!"
Oshii's last statement made Nabiki blood run cold. The thought
of such a device in Asuka's hands turned that cold blood to ice. "Ahh
Nabiki?"
Nabiki turned to Ritsuko, who now looked very nervous.
"T-That information we just gave her. S-Sh-She's not going to try to
blow away Kheele Lorenz is she?"
Nabiki got up grabbing the paper and Ritsuko. "Come on!"
"W-Where are we going!?"
"To find Ranma!"

To Be continued.

Please send C&C, ideas, etc. to JL10...@aol.com