[ranma][fanfic] Mousse's Flip Side! The Contrary Jewel Stikes Again!

Toshiro Seiji

Mar 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/11/97

Foreward:

Hi everyone on RAAC! This is my first attempt at writing a fanfic. I have
many favorite Anime's. But Ranma of course stands out, for obvious
reasons! There seems to be endless amounts of Ranma fanfics on the web.
I've only seen one done on the contrary jewel from Ranma Oav 1:
Desperately Seeking Shampoo. I really liked this story and it has much
potential for future fanfics. Especially where my boy Mousse is concerned.
After reading said fanfic, written by "One Shot" Wong, I decided to wirte
my take on it. I think having Mousse under the influence of the contrary
jewel could be very interesting to read. So here we go!
************

Tis a bright, and sunny day in the Nerima district of Tokyo town. Down at
the Tendo Anything Goes Martial Arts Training Hall, everything is
progressing normally. Ranma, busy having his morning spar with his father,
leaps out of the koi pond where he was just deposited. His father,
standing on a nearby rock, starts to laugh heartily at his son.

"Ranma, my boy! You are getting sloppy! Not to mention very predictable!"
says Genma. He continues to laugh hard, his eyes closed. With them
closed he doesn't notice Ranma-chan rush to his side and roundhouse him
into the aforementioned pond.

"Ha! Who's gettin' sloppy old man?!" Ranma-chan says. He looks over to
the Tendo house and sees the eldest daughter, Kasumi, setting the table for
breakfast. <It's almost breakfast time. I'd better go and get a bath so
that I can eat and leave for school.> She thinks. Walking towards the
house, her mind on the impending breakfast meal awaiting him, she is
suddenly rocketed towards the stratoshphere by Genma-Panda who's holding up
the sign he used to launch Ranma into space. It says, *It is you who's
getting sloppy, whelp!*

Ranma-Chan's descent is, as usual, very fast. Her father hit her straight
up. At the height of her ascent she arcs slightly over, positioning her
right above the Tendo's roof. Her flight is ended as she lands THROUGH the
Tendo roof and lands in a heap in Akane's room. Unfortunately for Ranma,
Akane is still in her room. She happens to be dressing at the moment, and
is wearing only her panties, in the process of putting on her bra. She
turns from her mirror and looks at the twitching heap known as Ranma
Saotome. Her first reaction would be to beat her to a pulp and send her
back into planetary orbit. But she does something else. She rushes to
Ranma's side, and starts to twist him out of his peculiar position.

"Ranma! Are you all right!" She asks concerned.

<Oh no! I landed in Akane's room! I'm dead!> Ranma thinks. Then he
realizes that Akane is concerned for him instead of furious. His
disposition instantly brightens. <Hey! She's concerned about me! She
actually thought before knocking me senseless! Whew! Am I glad!> Ranma
groans for effect then says, "Yeah Akane, I'm fine. Could you help me out
of this?" she asks her.

"Sure Ranma, I'll help you out!" She replies to him. And she does.
Bending his knees and arms so that they are in a human like position. She
even goes as far as brushing Ranma's shirt off. Wiping the dust away. She
looks up at him. He's smiling.

"Thanks Aka . . ." Ranma starts to say. He never finishes as he flies
through the window, courtesy of a patented Akane Tendo- Ranma Punch!(tm)
He soon disappears off of the property and veers off for an unknown
destination.

"Really! Barging in my room like that! While I'm dressing no less!"
Akane says as she puts on her school uniform. "The nerve of that pervert!
He really IS as bad as Happosai!"

******

Ranma-chan once again reenter's Earth's atmosphere and lands in a garbage
dumpster outside of a familiar Ramen restaurant. She gets out of it
holding her head.

"Ohhh! What a kawaiikune otemba! It wasn't my fault that I landed in her
room!" Ranma-chan complains. She walks toward the Nekohanten and starts
to open up the door. "What'd she hafta go an do that for!" Opening the
door the rest of the way Ranma-chan finds herself in a deathgrip of a hug.
"Ugh! Shampoo! Get offa me! I need some hot water!"

"Okay Ranma! Shampoo get water for you!" The Amazonian warrior/waitress
answers. Calling out to Mousse she says. "Mousse! Get Ranma hot water!"
Mousse was sweeping up the floor of the restuarant. He abruptly stops and
looks at Shampoo. This look is diffrent from his typical loving look.
Actually it wasn't a 'loving' look at all. This was an icy stare! He
looks her up and down in disgust then curls his lips in a sneer saying.
"Get it yourself! I am not your slave!"

Shampoo is, to put it mildly, shocked to her core. Never once had Mousse
ever looked at her with such disgust, or spoken to her with utter
contemptment. She releases her grip on Ranma and turns toward Mousse. Her
expression goes from shock to anger. "What you say Mousse? Shampoo no
think she hear clearly!" She says, her fist balled in rage.

"I said get it yourself Shampoo! I do not follow your orders like some
lapdog!" Mousse says with the same tone of voice. "You have two legs. As
far as I remember, they work very well too! So you are quite capable of
getting the water yourself! Go get it!" He continues to stare Shampoo in
the eyes.

Ranma-chan, standing in the doorway, can't believe what she just heard.
<Mousse must've gotten tired of being amongst the living!> She thinks. <
Cause Shampoo'll certainly murder him where he stands for sayin' that to
her!> She continues to watch the scene unfolding before her.

Shampoo angrily heads for the kitchen and fills a tea kettle of hot water.
Then she makes a pail of cold water to splash on that disrespectful Mousse.
<How dare he talk to me that way! I'll pluck some feathers from his
scrawny duck hide for that one!> Shampoo thinks. She shuts off the cold
water and goes back out into the hall with the water. Handing the tea
kettle to Ranma she readies the pail of cold water and tosses it at Mousse.
Litlle did she know that Mousse wasn't there. He was already behind her.

"Shampoo . . . I had no idea that you wanted to mop the floor!" Mousse
says sarcastically. He whips out a mop, shoving it into her midsection
pushing her back a few steps. "Here you go! I hope you have wonderful
time!" Mousse turns his back to Shampoo and starts to walk away.

"Aiya! Mousse! Shampoo kill you!" Shampoo screams at him. Using the mop
as a weapon, she swings it at his back, hoping to strike him across it.
Mousse however surprises her by kicking backwards, going through the mop
and striking her in the stomach, sending her flying past a now steaming wet
Ranma-kun and through the doorway into the garbage pile. Ranma's gaze
follows Shampoo as she makes contact with the wall and garbage bags. Then
he looks towards Mousse, who glasses are now resting on his head. Mousse's
gaze is also fixated on the now unconscious Shampoo. Ranma looks closely
at his eye's which are shining in the sunlight. Instead of being black
like they usually are, they now have a slight red tinge to them. His gaze
at Shampoo is almost enough to give Ranma a chill down his spine.

<I've never seen anything like that! Mousse is normally all over Shampoo!
Willing to go through hell if she would pay attention to him! Why would he
act that way to her!> Ranma thinks. <Shampoo acted the same way to me
when she was wearing that blasted Reversal Jewel of Cologne's. Mousse must
have it on him. But how?!>
*******************

Ranma 1/2
Mousse's Flip Side! The Contrary Jewel Strikes Again!
by Ken (Toshiro Seiji) Cross

*******************

A little later at Furinkan High School, Ranma is quietly having lunch with
Akane and Ukyou underneath a tree. For once, neither Kuno nor Ryoga have
come to bother Ranma. He's eating his lunch in peace, his mind still
wondering about the spectacle that he saw earlier that morning. He's not
saying one word to either Akane or Ukyou. That has the two fiancee's
worrying.

"Ranchan is something wrong?" Ukyou asks him.

"Yeah Ranma. You've been awfully quiet today." Akane says. "Is something
on your mind?"

Ranma looks towards the both of them. He turns his head back to his lunch.
At first he doesn't say anything, then he says "Today after my daily visit
to low-level orbit, I landed outside the Nekohanten."
Ranma doesn't notice Akane tense up at the mention of Shampoo's place of
business. He continues, "When I went inside Shampoo, was all over me as
usual. And after I asked for some hot water to change back into a guy, she
asked Mousse to get it for me."

"What's wrong with that?" Akane says. "She always has Mousse doing stuff
for her. That's nothing new." Ukyou nods in agreement.

"That's not what's so weird! Mousse gave Shampoo an icy cold stare and
refused to get it. Telling her to get it for herself!" Ranma says.

"That Jackass! Is he still alive? Should we go and visit his grave?"
Ukyou says.

"No." Ranma starts. "Mousse is very much alive! In fact when Shampoo
tried to throw some water on him, she missed because by the time the water
was out of the pail, he was already behind her!" He finishes.

Akane and Ukyou's mouths hit the ground in shock. Once they regain their
composure they say, "Nani! Are you serious!"

Ranma nods his head and then says, "Yeah. He then shoved a mop into her
hand and said that he hoped she had a fun time mopping up the floor. She
of course tried to beat him sensless with the mop, but Mousse kicked
_through_ the mop and knocked Shampoo outside into the wall! She was out
like a light instantly!"

Ukyou and Akane can't believe what they just heard, but Ranma tells them
that it was all true. He also tell them of how Mousse glared at Shampoo
and had the redish tint to his eyes. "I think he's wearing the reversal
jewel that Shampoo was wearing that one time! It's the only explanation
for the way he's actin' to her." Ranma says.

"But Ranchan . . . how could he have gotten it on him? It's not like he
would put it on himself ya know!" Ukyou says.

"I know. I haven't one clue how he got it on him. All I know is that
Shampoo has never been beaten so quickly, except for when I beat her that
first time in her village." Ranma says. "Somehow Mousse's martail arts
have been focused very sharply. He's a really dangerous guy now! As if he
wasn't dangerous enough." After a few moments of silence, Nabiki comes
over and starts to gossip with them.

"Hey you guys, did you hear that Shampoo got royally trashed by someone
this morning? I heard that she was unconscious for at least an hour and a
half!" She says. "I wonder who could've possibly done that to her."

"It was Mousse, Nabiki." Ranma says. "I was there when it happened. He
did it with one kick too!"

Nabiki is also caught in her own mild facefault at the mention of Mousse's
actions. "Now way Saotome! You've got to be kidding me! There's no way
he could do that to her on his _best_ day!" Ranma only nods his head.
Nabiki's calculating mind is already processing some way to make some money
off of this knowledge. For once she's stumped on a way to make some money
off of Mousse. It's something that she's never done before. <I'll have to
think of something later. Right now I'm going to get as much info as I
can!> She thinks. "So Ranma . . . are you going to avenge Shampoo? She
is your fiancee after all!" Nabiki says to him.

"Shut up Nabiki! I never _asked _ for her to be my fiancee!" Ranma
protests. "Still, I wonder if that she'll try and chase Mousse around now
that he beat her."

*********

Back in the Nekohanten.

Shampoo is busily making orders for her customers. Her mind is elsewhere
though. She's thinking about Mousse's behavior to her and how he beat her
so easily. As she brings an order to a man in a booth, she remembers
waking up and no one was in the restaurant with her. Shortly after Ranma
had carried her up to her room. Mousse left the restaurant, his
whereabouts unknown. <Stupid Mousse! Why he act so foolishly this
morning? And how did he beat me so easily.> She thinks. Her hand
instinctively goes to her stomach where Mousse kicked her. There's now a
light bruise there. A sharp feeling of pain courses through her when she
touches it. Her hand retracts from the bruise and her thoughts go back to
Mousse. <Where is he? Why wasn't he by my side like he always is? Does .
. . he hate me?> Shampoo thinks to herself. <Hmph! Shampoo no care if
stupid Mousse hate her. Good riddance!> But Shampoo's face softens and
looks very crestfallen, like she'd lost her best friend. She remembers how
Mousse quickly came to her rescue on Togenkyo Island. The Bird-man that
captured her and was about to attack her when Mousse interrupted.

******

"Hmph! Once again I've hit the jackpot!" Mousse says.

"So! Your strong man has come for you!" Says the Bird-man.

"I won't let you have Shampoo! She's my bride!"

"Stop your silly joking!" Shampoo shouted. "Shampoo no marry you!"

"Do not fear Shampoo!" Mousse replies. "Once I defeat him, you'll be my
bride." Mousse brings out his set of three-pronged claws.

After a few minutes of fighting between Mousse and the Bird-man, Shampoo
says "Either way Shampoo no care who win!" She turns her gaze away but
then turns back towards Mousse watching him, from below, in concern.
Mousse blocks a downward strike from the Bird-man and breaks his sword with
his claws. The Bird-man flies up and yells, "Feather Blizzard!" Mousse is
temporarily blinded by the feathers and is caught in a rope, sent by the
Bird-man.

"Mousse! What you doing!" yelled Shampoo.

"Hah! I have you now!" The Bird-man says to Mousse.

"Mousse! Shampoo help you!" Shampoo throws a dart at the rope binding
Mousse. It hits the mark and is released. The Bird-Man is enraged.

"I've had enough of your interference woman!" He throws feathers all
around Shampoo. They stick into the wood behind her, leaving no room for
her to move.

"Shampoo!" Mousse yells in concern for his love.

"Now for you! Yaah!" The Bird-Man throws many feathers at Mousse.
Instead of going around Mousse they go INTO Mousse, puncturing skin and
making his muscles immobile.

"AAAAHHH!!!" Screams Mousse in pain.

"Now woman . . ." The Bird-man addresses Shampoo. " . . . will you be
mine?"

"STOP!"

The Bird-Man and Shampoo's gaze turn towards the voice. It was from the
supposedly paralyzed Mousse, who was now inching closer to the Bird-man.
"Don't you put your filthy hands on her!" Mousse says.

"Mousse!" Says Shampoo in surprise.

"How can you be moving!" says the Bird-man. "Those feathers are like
acupuncture needles!" He throws more feathers into Mousse's body. Mousse
yells out in pain, but keeps moving towards him. "Are you human! Don't
you feel pain!" He says in shock.

Mousse, in a herculean effort, ejects the feathers from his body and
launches a right cross at the Bird-man's jaw which connects very solidly,
knocking him out instantly! He stands and looks at Shampoo and says,
"Shampoo, I did it . . ." Then he passes out and falls off the perch that
he was on.

"Mousse!" Shampoo yells and jumps up high to catch him. She lands,
cradling him in her arms. She strokes his hair softly and caresses his
face.

"Shampoo's my bride . . ." Mousse says before going unconscious.

"Stupid . . ." Shampoo says softly. "You no have to do that Mousse."

******

Shampoo comes out of her reverie when she hears someone enter the door.
She goes out cheerily and says, "Welcome to . . ." She stops when she
looks into the face of Mousse. Her expression hardens and she turns
saying. "Where you been, Mousse? Shampoo have to handle restaurant by
herself."

Mousse snarls and says, "I don't see where that is ANY of your concern! I
was busy . . . that's all you need to know." He goes and starts to walk up
the stairs to his room. Shampoo comes over and stops him. "What do you
want?!"

Shampoo jumps at the malice in his tone. Soon she regains her composure
and says, "Mousse . . . ." She says, then she softens her voice. "Mousse
. . . Did Shampoo do something to Mousse? If I did then, Shampoo is
sorry."

Mousse turns around and looks at Shampoo hard. "Shampoo . . . you have
done nothing to me." Mousse says. Shampoo's face starts to brighten, then
Mousse continues. "You've done nothing but continue breathing! I hate you
Shampoo! Never bother me again!" With that Mousse turns back around and
heads to his room.

Shampoo stands right where Mousse left her. Her mind replay the whole
conversation over and over.

*I Hate You Shampoo!* *You've done nothing, but continue to breathe!* *I
Hate You Shampoo!* *Never bother me again!* *Never! HATE!! Never bother
me! HATE YOU!! Never bother me again! I HATE YOU SHAMPOO!!!!*

Shampoo quietly walked downstairs to a booth and sits down, not talking to
anyone. Even the customers who were ready to order were being ignored.
Shampoo was lost in her own little world, separate from everyone else. Her
mind still on the conversation that she and Mousse just had. Eventually
everyone left the Nekohanten since they were being ignored. Hours pass
until it's after time for Ranma and the others to be out of school. Ranma,
Akane and Ukyou walk to the Nekohanten to check on Shampoo. They enter the
restaurant and are struck by the fact that the place is empty, except for
Shampoo, who's still sitting in the booth she was in. Her gaze is glosssy
and she's looks as if she's staring right through Ranma and the others.
They walk over to her and are surprised that she makes not one move to
glomp onto Ranma. When they wave a hand in front of her, her gaze doesn't
waver. She's still lost in her world. Dazed at the fact that Mousse hates
her guts. Mousse, who's always saying that he loves her. Mousse, who's
always by her side when she's in trouble or even if she's not in trouble.
Mousse, whom she kicks around, screams at, beats up everyday. Mousse, whom
she . . . whom she . . .

"Wow." Says Akane. "She's really out of it! She's not even trying to
glomp onto Ranma like she always does." Akane's face becomes knitted with
concern. "Now I'm worried!"

"You got that right sugar! She's one lost space cadet now!" Ukyou says,
waving another hand in front of Shampoo's face. This time they get a
reaction. Shampoo's eyes start to shimmer like tears are about to come out
of her eyes. She finally notices that she's not alone and looks up at
Ranma, Akane and Ukyou. She still doesn't move one inch, but stays in her
seat looking at them. Then she manages to say "Mousse . . . hates . . .
me." Then she runs out of the restaurant. Ranma immediately runs off
after her.

"Mousse hates her?" Ukyou and Akane say to each other in surprise.

******

Shampoo runs down the street, running aimlessly, not caring where she's
going to. Ranma chases after her calling her name and asking her to
stop. Shampoo keeps on running though, soon Ranma begins to overtake her
and stops her himself. She struggles weakly with him, trying to get out of
his grasp.

"Shampoo stop!" Ranma says to her. "Tell me why does Mousse hate you?
What did he say?"

Shampoo is sniffling. She'd been crying all the time that she was running
away from Ranma. Her cheeks were still wet with tears as she started to
tell Ranma what Mousse said to her. "I ask Mousse if Shampoo do anything
to make him mad, and told him that if Shampoo did then she sorry." Shampoo
says. "He say that Shampoo no do nothing except for breathing. Then he
say he hate Shampoo and never want to be bothered by her again!" Shampoo's
tears start to fall again, making her look like a weak, but cute kitten
crying softly.

Ranma is shocked that even _with_ the reversal jewel, that he would say
something so harsh to Shampoo. The jewel is supposed to turn love to
hatred if worn upside down and is usually augmented by the strength of the
feelings. <Mousse, has to love her a whole lot in order for him to be
'reversed' and say something so cold!> He thinks. He pulls Shampoo into a
hug and comforts her. "Shampoo I'm sorry that this is happening to you"
He says. Shampoo cries into his chest. "But what Mousse is saying is . .
." Ranma catches himself before going on. <If I tell her that what Mousse
is doing is false because of the reversal jewel, then she'll still be
chasing after me!> He thinks. <She seems so broken up about all of this,
even though she swears that she doesn't like Mousse at all.> ". . . what
Mousse is saying is not true. He still loves you deep down inside! You
just have to show him that you feel something for him too! He'll come
around."

Shampoo sniffs a couple of times, then looks up at Ranma. She smiles
slightly and says, "Airen, you won't be mad at me for chasing after Mousse?
I don't love him . . . it's . . . it's just that he's the only good
friend I have." Shampoo says. <Do I love him? NO! He's my friend . . .
that's all.> Shampoo thinks.

"NO!" Ranma says excitedly. Not wanting to sound too excited about
Shampoo's desicion he says, "No Shampoo! Not at all! In fact I'll help
you if you want!" He looks at Shampoo then adds, "Akane and Ukyou will
even help out!"

Shampoo looks skeptical at first, then says. "Really? Violent Girl and
Spatula Girl help Shampoo?"

Ranma smiles and says, "They'll be delighted!"

******

"We'd be delighted!" Ukyou and Akane say to Shampoo. The four of them are
standing in Ucchan's restaurant. Ukyou went there after a while and Akane
followed, figuring that Ranma would eventually show up. When he entered
Ucchan's with his arm around Shampoo, she was a little bit angry, but after
Ranma told them that Shampoo wanted their help in getting Mousse back to
normal, her attitude changed instantly. "I would be glad to help you
Shampoo! It would be my pleasure!" Akane says. <After I help Shampoo
realize that she really does love Mousse, Ranma and I can finally start to
develop our relationship!> She thinks.

"Mine too sugar! We'll have Mousse eating out of your hands again before
you know it!" Ukyou says from behind her grille. <Once I get Mousse to
fall in love with Shampoo again, Ranchan and I will finally be together
like we're supposed to be!> Ukyou thinks.

Ukyou and Akane both smile and think to themselves <This is the chance of a
lifetime!>

"Akane. Spatula . . . I mean Ukyou. Thank you! You no know what this
mean to Shampoo!" Shampoo says happily.

"It's okay sugar, we both know what it feels like to be upset by one you
love!" Ukyou says. She looks at Ranma, sadly at first, then she brightens
up and looks to Akane saying, "Right Akane?"

"Uh . . . yeah! Right Ukyou!" Akane says. She too looks at Ranma a bit
sad at first. Then she shakes it off and speaks again.

"You no understand! Shampoo not love Mousse! Shampoo just . . . she just
want Mousse back to normal again. That all." Shampoo protests. She once
again starts to debate with herself about her true feelings for the blind
fool named Mousse. She comes out of it when she realizes that Akane asked
her a question. "What you say Akane?" Shampoo asks.

"I said, what do you want to do for him?" Akane says. "Do you want to
make him a dinner? Take him out on a date or what?"

"Shampoo not know." Shampoo replies. "First Shampoo thinks that she
better get Mousse to talk to her again first." Shampoo thinks about how
Mousse told her not to bother him again. She can imagine herself trying to
go to Mousse and he would flat out ignore her. She tells the other two
girls what Mousse says about leaving him alone. "He no talk to Shampoo
easily, that for sure." She says.

"Hmm. Maybe one of you girls should talk to him first." Ranma suggests.
"Akane, he knows you a little better than Ukyou. Maybe you could do it"

"Okay." Akane says. "I'll do it tomorrow after-school."

"Great!" Ranma exclaims. He looks at the clock on the wall. It's almost
time for Kasumi to put dinner on the table. "We'd better get home Akane.
It's almost time for dinner" Ranma says.

"You're right Ranma. Let's go." Akane turns to Shampoo and puts a
friendly arm on her shoulder. Smiling she says. "Don't worry Shampoo.
Mousse'll be back to normal in no time. Perhaps you should go home and try
at least one more time." Shampoo looks sincerely into Akane's eyes and
stops regarding her as a rival for the affections of Ranma, starting to see
her for what she really is. A true friend. She hugs Akane lightly and
says her thanks to her. Saying the same to Ranma and Ukyou, she leaves the
restaurant and heads home, feeling better than she ever has before.

******

Back in the Nekohanten

Shampoo enters the doorway and looks around. Not a soul is in the
restaurant it would seem. Upstairs Shampoo can hear movements being made,
so she knows that Mousse is home. Sighing she heads upstairs to confront
him. She knocks on his door and says, "Mousse? Can Shampoo come in?" She
doesn't hear anything for a few moments. Then Mousse says that she may
enter.

Shampoo opens the door and survey's his room. Mousse had been practicing
and is sweating all over his exposed chest and face. His robes are on his
makeshift bed. Mousse is wearing nothing but his black silk pants and his
slippers. He stands tall, his glasses off and stares at Shampoo. Shampoo
in turn stares at him. Her gaze goes all over his well developed upper
body. <Why Shampoo never notice it before? Mousse is about as good
looking as Ranma! His arms, so firm looking yet soft. His eyes. I could
get lost in those deep dark red . . .> Shampoo's thought halt for a
second. <Wait minute! Shampoo know Mousse's eyes were never dark red
before! Mousse eye's were blue! Aiya! Something wrong here!> Shampoo
finally talks to Mousse. "Mousse . . . are you okay? You always so angry
with Shampoo now. Shampoo worried!"

Mousse growls in disgust and turns away from Shampoo saying, "There is
nothing wrong with me Shampoo. And your concern for me is what it has
always been. Falsified! I was just to stupid to realize it before!" He
whirls around and stares Shampoo down. "Now get out! The very sight of
you upsets me!"

Shampoo is startled by Mousse's statements for the second time in one day.
She takes a step closer to him and says, "Mousse that not true! Shampoo
do care for you! You Shampoo's best friend!" She says. Taking another
step closer, she puts a hand on his shoulder. "Please Mousse . . . don't
be mad at Shampoo! Shampoo need you." She says softly.

Mousse brushes her hand off of him and steps away from her. "Bah! All
those times that I said 'I love you Shampoo! I'd do anything for you
Shampoo!, I would die for you Shampoo!' all you did was yell at me and
beat me up!" Mousse turns his back and holds up a shaking fist. "I was
such a fool! To waste all of my time on you when there were many other
fish in the sea. Ukyou, for one. She's cute, maybe I should chase after
her for once!"

Shampoo rushes over and puts both of her hands on Mousse pleading with him.
"Mousse no! Ukyou not care for you! Shampoo is the one who . . . who .
. ." Shampoo's internal struggle with herself rages on, making her stop
herself from completing her sentence. Mousse whirls on her again and
says,

"I thought I told you to get out Shampoo! I'm not going to say it again!
Get out now or I'll throw you out myself!" Mousse looks her dead in the
eyes, and Shampoo knows that he would make good on his threats.
She turns around and starts to leave. She turns around again and says,
"Mousse . . . Shampoo'll make you love her again! Just you watch!"
Shampoo runs out of the room and leaves the restaurant again. This time
she heads for the Tendo dojo.

Back in Mousse's room.

"Shampoo . . . I'm sorry." Mousse says. "These dark red contact work
perfectly! I can sense the conflict in her voice when she was speaking to
me." Mousse raises his fist into the air and shakes it violently, then he
shouts out into the sky. "Shampoo! I will make you say you love me!!
Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!" Mousse falls out of the open window he was standing
in front of. He lands in the back alley of the Nekohanten in a heap,
moaning and groaning in pain.

End Part 1

Tell me what you think people! I'll gladly take suggestions, comments, and
contructive criticisms! Any flames will be returned promptly and very
hostily!!

kcr...@bgnet.bgsu.edu