Sick & Twisted Animation Festival?

David Pirmann

Apr 6, 1992, 7:17:40 PM4/6/92
Has anyone heard of (or seen?) something billed as "The All Sick &
Twisted Festival of Animation" now running at Cinema Village in
Manhattan? Is it any good? The drawing on the ad (in this week's
Village Voice) looks vaguely like the fire chief in Ren & Stimpy "Fire
Dogs".

For those interested, show times are:
Friday 5:25, 7, 8:45, 10:30 pm, 12:15 am
Saturday 3, 5:25, 7, 8:45, 10:30 pm, 12:15 am
Sunday 3, 5:25, 7, 8:45, 10:30 pm
Monday - Thursday 5:25, 7, 8:45, 10:45
The theater is on 3rd Ave between 12th and 13th in NYC.
Phone +1 212-505-7320. The ad says "No one under 17 admitted."

Any other info would be appreciated.

dave
pir...@cs.rutgers.edu

Kelly Flores

Apr 6, 1992, 8:51:23 PM4/6/92
In article <Apr.6.19.17....@dumas.rutgers.edu> pir...@dumas.rutgers.edu (David Pirmann) writes:
>Has anyone heard of (or seen?) something billed as "The All Sick &
>Twisted Festival of Animation" now running at Cinema Village in
>Manhattan?

Yes, it played here in L.A. last month and like any festival it has some
good shorts and some bad ones. Many are in the tradition of "Lupo the
Butcher" ("Fucgin' I don' know") like "Frog Baseball" and others are not
for the easily offended. There's three particularly sexually explicit
ones that come to mind, but there were some others like "Woeful Willy"
and "NO NECK JOE!" which were (IMHO) outrageously funny. There was also a fun
not-so-sick-or-twisted one called "Singing Dingalings" by the same guy
who did "Denny Goes Air Surfing", and it's very cute. For the fans they
repeat "Lupo the Butcher" and there's a kinda of wierd short which is an
animated version of a Lenny Bruce joke called "Thank You Masked Man".

If you really liked the sick and twisted stuff from last year's Animation
Festival (usu. the Midnight Show) you'll probably like this too.

I have the flier at home, if there's interest I'll post the complete
info.

Later,

KMF

"I don't get out as much as I'd like."
--- turtle, "Creature Comforts"

--
:-) :-) :-) :-) Kelly Flores <== a.k.a.==> kfl...@skat.usc.edu (-: (-: (-: (-:
:-) THOUGHT: It is often easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission. (-:

Steve Albany

Apr 7, 1992, 3:36:53 PM4/7/92
pir...@dumas.rutgers.edu (David Pirmann) writes:

> Has anyone heard of (or seen?) something billed as "The All Sick &
> Twisted Festival of Animation" now running at Cinema Village in
> Manhattan? Is it any good? The drawing on the ad (in this week's
> Village Voice) looks vaguely like the fire chief in Ren & Stimpy "Fire

If you get the chance, go and see it. Its been running here in
Arizona for some time now, both in Phoenix and Tucson. I've seen it with
three different groups of people, and the overwhelming response was
positive.

| Capt. Steve E. Albany |
| Cmdr. USS PATTON (NCC-8570) |
|--------------------------------------------------------------|
| | "My son, ask for thyself another |
| Ste...@Coyote.Datalog.Com | kingdom, for that which I leave |
| Ste...@Jab.Tucson.Az.Us | is too small for thee.." |
| | - King Phillip of Macedonia |

David DeBry

Apr 8, 1992, 9:40:15 PM4/8/92
In article <7ViViB...@jab.tucson.az.us>, ste...@jab.tucson.az.us (Steve Albany) writes:
|> pir...@dumas.rutgers.edu (David Pirmann) writes:
|>
|> > Has anyone heard of (or seen?) something billed as "The All Sick &
|> > Twisted Festival of Animation" now running at Cinema Village in
|> > Manhattan? Is it any good? The drawing on the ad (in this week's
|> > Village Voice) looks vaguely like the fire chief in Ren & Stimpy "Fire
|>
|> If you get the chance, go and see it. Its been running here in
|> Arizona for some time now, both in Phoenix and Tucson. I've seen it with
|> three different groups of people, and the overwhelming response was
|> positive.

It's playing here in Utah right now, as well, and is VERY funny.
I highly recommend it -- if you're a reasonably open minded person. Prudes
will not enjoy it.

(In Utah it's playing at a "alternate film" theatre, because no
one else here would carry it. There's a line in one of the shorts about
checking with the Mormon church to see if your prospective spouse is
already related to you. The double meaning of the Mormon's geneology
work vs. their past history of polygamy was even funnier here, and was
applauded fully by the audience. :)

\\\ "Iambic functioning!" "Pentameter locked in!" \\\
\\\ - Various cast members, "Return to the Forbidden Planet" \\\
\\\ \\\
\\ dde...@dsd.es.com \ dde...@cc.utah.edu \ de...@cadehp0.eng.utah.edu \\
David DeBry \ Email any address. \ Finger dde...@cc.utah.edu for details.

Jeff Lindstrom

Apr 12, 1992, 4:40:34 AM4/12/92
I have seen the Sick and Twisted Animation Festival out here in Orange County (a few miles from Disneyland). Some of the stuff is sicker and more twisted than some other stuff. Lupo the Butcher is an example that I had already seen in a `regular' animation festival. Some of the entries deal with body parts and mutilation, some with aberrant sex. Still others are too wierd to classify.
I probably would have enjoyed it more if I hadn't been sitting next to some noisy, drunk Community College students.

--

Jeff Lindstrom
Internet: Jeff.Li...@ofa123.fidonet.org

WIZ (in training)

Apr 13, 1992, 2:27:52 PM4/13/92

>|> If you get the chance, go and see it. Its been running here in
>|> Arizona for some time now, both in Phoenix and Tucson. I've seen it with
>|> three different groups of people, and the overwhelming response was
>|> positive.
>

> It's playing here in Utah right now, as well, and is VERY funny.
>I highly recommend it -- if you're a reasonably open minded person. Prudes
>will not enjoy it.
>
> (In Utah it's playing at a "alternate film" theatre, because no
>one else here would carry it. There's a line in one of the shorts about
>checking with the Mormon church to see if your prospective spouse is
>already related to you. The double meaning of the Mormon's geneology
>work vs. their past history of polygamy was even funnier here, and was
>applauded fully by the audience. :)

I have read, heard, and seen adverts for this film but I have not seen
a theatre in N.H.(New Hampshire) that is showing it.
Can any one send me in the right direction?
Thanks in ADV.
O-e

What would you do if the man in the mirror walked away?
by Eoin Clarke