[NEWS] "South Park" renewed for 6 more seasons and 14 movies (animation)

Your Name

Aug 5, 2021, 4:43:28 PM8/5/21

Oh dear, yet more of the badly drawn, badly animated, juvenile stupidty. :-(

From ComingSoon.net ...

South Park Gets 14 Paramount+ Movies & Multi-Season Renewal
MTV Entertainment Studios has officially announced that their
long-running animated sitcom South Park has been granted a
multi-season renewal by Comedy Central, which will extend
the series' run on the network through its 30th season in
2027. The renewal is part of South Park creators Trey Parker
and Matt Stone's newly-signed deal with ViacomCBS, which
according to Bloomberg News, reportedly costs around
$900 million.

In addition to more seasons of the beloved animated comedy,
Paramount+ has also ordered fourteen original South Park
movies, which are set to premiere throughout the course of
six years. The first two films are currently slated to
debut sometime this year.

"Comedy Central has been our home for 25 years and we're
really happy that they've made a commitment to us for the
next 75 years," Parker and Stone said in a statement. "When
we came to ViacomCBS with a different way to produce the
show during the pandemic, Chris (McCarthy), Nina (Diaz),
Keyes (Hill-Edgar), and Tanya (Giles) were immediately
supportive and enabled us to try something new that turned
out to be really well received. We can't wait to get back
to doing traditional South Park episodes but now we can
also try out new formats. It's great to have partners who
will always take a chance with us."

South Park follows a group of unruly Colorado kids, Cartman,
Kenny, Stan, and Kyle, along with their outrageous and
colorful town, through all of their foul-mouthed adventures
- while never shying away from controversial social and
political topics.

"Matt and Trey are world-class creatives who brilliantly
use their outrageous humor to skewer the absurdities of our
culture and we are excited to expand and deepen our long
relationship with them to help fuel Paramount+ and Comedy
Central," said Chris McCarthy, President/CEO -MTV
Entertainment & CCO/Adult Animation - Paramount+.
"Franchising marquee content like South Park and developing
new IP with tremendous talent like Matt and Trey, is at the
heart of our strategy to continue growing Paramount+."

South Park is co-created and executive produced by Matt
Stone and Trey Parker It is also executive produced by Anne
Garefino, and Frank C. Agnone II. It features the voices of
Parker, Stone, April Stewart, and Mona Marshall.

South Park has been on-air for more than 20 seasons since
its debut in 1997. During its run, it has garnered a number
of awards including five Emmy awards and a Peabody award in
2005.

<https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1189888-south-park-gets-14-paramount-movies-multi-season-renewal>

Your Name

Aug 5, 2021, 9:15:21 PM8/5/21
On 2021-08-05 20:43:32 +0000, Your Name said:

> Oh dear, yet more of the badly drawn, badly animated, juvenile stupidty. :-(
>

> From ComingSoon.net ...
>

> South Park Gets 14 Paramount+ Movies & Multi-Season Renewal
> MTV Entertainment Studios has officially announced that their
> long-running animated sitcom South Park has been granted a
> multi-season renewal by Comedy Central, which will extend
> the series' run on the network through its 30th season in
> 2027. The renewal is part of South Park creators Trey Parker
> and Matt Stone's newly-signed deal with ViacomCBS, which
> according to Bloomberg News, reportedly costs around
> $900 million.
>
> In addition to more seasons of the beloved animated comedy,
> Paramount+ has also ordered fourteen original South Park
> movies, which are set to premiere throughout the course of
> six years. The first two films are currently slated to
> debut sometime this year.
<snip>

Reportedly there's also a new "South Park" video game in development too.

From ComingSoon.net ...

Report: New South Park Game Being Developed
South Park has a whole new suite of seasons and movies lined up,
thanks to a new deal with Paramount+. But that report also
contained a tidbit revealing a new unannounced South Park game.

The report from Bloomberg doesn't contain much on this alleged
South Park title, only that it is "a 3D video game that is set
in the world of 'South Park'" that Parker and Stone will invest
in using their money from Paramount. Bloomberg reporter Jason
Schreier chimed in on Twitter saying that he didn't know who
was making this game based on the long-running adult animated
series. There has been no official announcement of such game
from its mystery developer or publisher.

Schreier brings up a valid point since it is not clear what
team would be making it. Obsidian Entertainment, the studio
behind 2014's South Park: The Stick of Truth, is now owned by
Microsoft and working on three announced games: Grounded
(which is currently in Early Access), Avowed, and The Outer
Worlds 2. Between the acquisition and other projects, it's
very likely that Obsidian isn't also making another South Park
game.

Ubisoft San Francisco, the developer that created 2017's South
Park: The Fractured But Whole, is now working on the newly
announced shooter XDefiant and Rocksmith+. It's somewhat
possible that it could also be creating a follow-up, but it
seems unlikely due to those other projects.

The report also says it is a 3D game, which is an odd
departure from the latter two South Park games. Both titles
were lauded for their accurate art style that emulated the 2D
look of the show. Many of the poorly received South Park games
of yesteryear were 3D so it remains to be seen if it is
actually 3D or if this is some sort of misunderstanding.

<https://www.comingsoon.net/games/news/1190002-new-south-park-game-developed>