Hair like worms in tropical tank

tmc

Aug 6, 2004, 12:20:28 AM8/6/04
I have a 20 gallon tank. About 2 months going. Was 6 tiger barbs and
6 neon tetra's. Just lost a barb. I did a 20% water change. Now I
see very very small like thread worms probably around 1/4 to 3/8 inch.
White with NO tail. They are basically the diameter of a very small
hair or pin needle. They appear like a hair, but then start moving
all over in the water, then calm again. They do not appear to be on
the sidewalls of the tank. I would guess about 200 or so tiny little
hair worms.

What can I do? Will they die off themselves? Medicines? There are 4
different plants in the aquarium, I have no idea what they are. 4
small snails.

HELP!

Many thanks ladies and gents. BTW, Yes I am new to this.

D.R. Lore

Aug 18, 2004, 3:56:11 AM8/18/04
tmc <ultralight...@Ihatespamyahoo.com> wrote in message news:<0o16h05j3lk3f107h...@4ax.com>...

Just add a few catfish, such at Corys, armored catfish, or a loach
they will pretty much make a snack out of these pesky little critters,

maxpayne_lhp

Feb 24, 2005, 12:03:26 PM2/24/05
Hmm that sounds pretty nasty. That may mess the tank up! :S Anyway,
how's it now?

http://www.usenet.com