Antique Golf Clubs

Jessica V.

Jul 18, 2006, 12:23:43 PM7/18/06
Can anyone point me in the direction of learning about antique
Abercrombie and Fitch golf clubs? Recently acquired five sets with
original sales receipts and am trying to figure out exactly what I have
so that I can figure out how best to remove them from my inventory.

Jessica

Kris Baker

Jul 18, 2006, 12:46:02 PM7/18/06

"Jessica V." <jeilee...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Do they have wood shafts? Are the clubs themselves marked
with the Abercrombie & Fitch logo?

I can't even get anything like that to come up on Google or that
big online auction site. A true mystery, for sure.

You can ask them here:
http://www.abercrombie.com/anf/lifestyles/html/contactus.html?type=product

The company's so far from what they used to be.

Kris

Jessica V.

Jul 18, 2006, 2:28:12 PM7/18/06

Thanks Kris,

I'm a dork, I really want a book on the subject to read. The auction
site and google didn't turn up anything for me either. The clubs all
have wooden shafts and some are marked with the A&F logo. Everytime I
have Abercrombie sporting goods I get a good chuckle out of wondering
what their current customer base would think if they knew that the
company ever sold firearms. :)

Jessica

Kris Baker

Jul 18, 2006, 2:36:43 PM7/18/06

"Jessica V." <jeilee...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I think their current customer base is well-versed in the use of
firearms...especially handguns.

Kris

Jessica V.

Jul 18, 2006, 3:17:23 PM7/18/06

That must be a geographical thing then. The stores here in the North
Beast are swarmed with lib arts college sorority girls. Hmmm....didn't
realize that the thugs were into that brand.

Jessica

Kris Baker

Jul 18, 2006, 3:23:21 PM7/18/06

"Jessica V." <jeilee...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Really? The low-panted group with the torn sweatshirts practically
live in A&F here.

Here, "preppy" doesn't mean "prep school". In high school, it means
slutty-looking girls and scary boys. Go to Happy Valley, though,
and it means "BYU student". Very regional.

Kris

Loudon Briggs

Jul 18, 2006, 5:46:44 PM7/18/06
"Jessica V." <jeilee...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Abercrombie & Fitch did not make their own clubs! They were made for
them by companies like Kroydon and Scottish clubmakers and had the A&F
name imprinted on them. I'm referring to hickory shafted clubs and
they could be of significant value if that's what you have. An old
price guide (1991) I have, shows a few individual clubs priced from
$15 to $95, and I'm sure the value has matured since then. Also,the
ones you have acquired are sets, and the value often escalates in that
situation.

To try for more explicit info, I'd suggest that you contact The Golf
Collectors Society... Google that name and you should get a URL to get
in touch.

Good luck,

--
Loudon Briggs lar...@bbz.net Phoenix, Arizona, USA)

Tim Mullen

Jul 18, 2006, 9:34:54 PM7/18/06
In <Jyavg.132077$dW3....@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com> "Kris Baker" <kris....@prodigyyy.net> writes:

>Here, "preppy" doesn't mean "prep school". In high school, it means
>slutty-looking girls and scary boys. Go to Happy Valley, though,
>and it means "BYU student". Very regional.

Omigod. You actually have a place called Happy Valley?
That's scary. :)

--
Tim Mullen
Am I in your basement? Looking for antique televisions, fans, etc.

Kris Baker

Jul 18, 2006, 9:56:38 PM7/18/06

"Tim Mullen" <t...@panix.com> wrote in message

> In <Jyavg.132077$dW3....@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com> "Kris Baker"
> <kris....@prodigyyy.net> writes:
>
>>Here, "preppy" doesn't mean "prep school". In high school, it means
>>slutty-looking girls and scary boys. Go to Happy Valley, though,
>>and it means "BYU student". Very regional.
>
> Omigod. You actually have a place called Happy Valley?
> That's scary. :)
>
> --
> Tim Mullen

That's what we all call Utah Valley (Provo, Orem....the county where
BYU is located). They're completely different down there, from most
of us.

Kris

pjaso...@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2015, 6:10:20 PM6/5/15
Have a full set - Abercrombie & Fitch Co. New York
Canvas & Leather, needs cleaning and re-stitching on bottom.
2 Side Zipper Compartments; 1 includes Men's Golf Shoes, Brown Leather with wooden shoe trees, small size (perhaps 7 or 8); 1 Compartment for Balls & Tees (included), Vintage Burgundy Cap, 2 extra cleets, cleet cleaner, assorted wooden Tees, scoring pencil, 1 golf glove, 2 locks w/keys. Clubs: Wright & Ditson Harry Cooper 1-Putter; 5-Irons: 3,4,5,6,7 Wright & Ditson Harry Cooper Straight Play Autograph Irons; 4 Woods: 1,2,3,4 with Leather Covers, Wright & Ditson Harry Cooper with Registration Numbers - A3745, sole weighted, metal shafts. Overall Height of Bag 46". Weight is approximately 20 lbs. Carry handle all leather and should strap is leather & canvas. Know anyone to purchase?