C.W.S. Ltd. ??

MMYERS1

Aug 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/30/99
I just obtained a drop drawer secretary style desk. Acorn style front
legs/feet. Wood/metal (brass?) lower cabinet handles. It is very a
very sturdy piece. On the back, there is a label

C.W.S. Ltd
Cabinet Factory
Radcliffe

Has anyone heard of this company?? If so, what is it's history,
location, etc.

Thanks,
Mark

p.s. please respond via email as I don't get to check the newsgroups
very often!!!!!!

Laurie Brown

Aug 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/31/99
MMYERS1 wrote:

> I just obtained a drop drawer secretary style desk. Acorn style front
> legs/feet. Wood/metal (brass?) lower cabinet handles. It is very a
> very sturdy piece. On the back, there is a label
>
> C.W.S. Ltd
> Cabinet Factory
> Radcliffe
>
> Has anyone heard of this company?? If so, what is it's history,
> location, etc.

In the UK, it's the Co-operative Wholesale Society, and they did make
(and badge) furniture, beds and so on, between the wars.

> Thanks,
> Mark
>
> p.s. please respond via email as I don't get to check the newsgroups
> very often!!!!!!

Then don't ask in newsgroups then., If you can't be arsed to look back
in here, then I can't be arsed to mail it to you.

Cheers, Laurie.

MMYERS1

Sep 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/3/99
I wish to extend my thanks to everyone who helped me learn about the
Cooperative Wholesale Society. Everyone who provided info was most
kind...

Cheers,
Mark

MMYERS1 wrote:

> I just obtained a drop drawer secretary style desk. Acorn style front
> legs/feet. Wood/metal (brass?) lower cabinet handles. It is very a
> very sturdy piece. On the back, there is a label
>
> C.W.S. Ltd
> Cabinet Factory
> Radcliffe
>
> Has anyone heard of this company?? If so, what is it's history,
> location, etc.

texas...@gmail.com

Sep 24, 2014, 1:52:53 PM9/24/14
On Monday, August 30, 1999 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, MMYERS1 wrote:
> I just obtained a drop drawer secretary style desk. Acorn style front
> legs/feet. Wood/metal (brass?) lower cabinet handles. It is very a
> very sturdy piece. On the back, there is a label
>
> C.W.S. Ltd
> Cabinet Factory
> Radcliffe
>
> Has anyone heard of this company?? If so, what is it's history,
> location, etc.
>
> Thanks,
> Mark
>
> p.s. please respond via email as I don't get to check the newsgroups
> very often!!!!!!

I bought a double drop=leaf tea cart at an auction . I just love it. I'm trying to date it. I is mahogany. Has one drawer & original tires on it. Thanks if anyone has information on it . Please reply

jacey...@gmail.com

Mar 29, 2019, 11:42:51 PM3/29/19
I’m trying to find out the value of a CWS cabinet co Art Deco style buffet... where can I find more info on it?