For My Sins

Peter Wieck

Jan 29, 2020, 9:28:09 AM1/29/20
Some may know that part of my job involves the closing and mothballing of a major teaching hospital, of which the physical plant is every bit of 50 years old, or more.

Just the other day, a steam line blew, flooding a basement storage room with condensate - undetected for a week or three. Mold. In this room were stored two (2) Midmark Ritter 355 OR lights, sealed in their mold-ridden, but new boxes.

http://www.berktree.com/ritter-355-minor-surgery-light-8-.html I was told that it was between me and the dumpster. One went to me, one to our Vet.

This will involve a complete re-design of my Radio Room - together with a major Culling-of-the-Herd. And, since the house was built in 1890, I will have to be very clever with the installation. The thing weighs 62 pounds and the mount needs to be dead-level.

Not a bad task to be given.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Terry S

Jan 31, 2020, 9:03:12 PM1/31/20
What's the usage? Over the workbench? Very cool!

Peter Wieck

Feb 1, 2020, 7:44:23 AM2/1/20
Yep, over the workbench. Which will now be centered in the room with shelving on three sides.