Help ID radio

Fox's Mercantile

Mar 25, 2021, 6:25:23 AM3/25/21
It's an odd one. An AA5 radio, but AC only.
There isn't any paper label on the bottom or inside.
However, The tubes are stamped into the chassis.
6X5GT 6K6GT 6SQ7 6SA7 6SK7
The only other numbers stamped on the chassis are 5A52
and 560956.
Three knobs, AC/Volume, band switch and tuning.
But the best part, it tunes from right to left.
1600 KC on the left, 550 KC on the right, and 18 MC on
the left and 1.8 MC on the right.

<https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/767329023340183552/823731206025117696/Mako_radio-2.jpg>

<https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/767329023340183552/823731257493422120/Mako_radio-3.jpg>

<https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/767329023340183552/823733849808568321/Mako_radio-1.jpg>

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0

Peter Wieck

Mar 25, 2021, 6:42:55 AM3/25/21
That be a Westinghouse. Here is its brother: https://radioattic.com/item.htm?radio=1550105

1946/7/8

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Fox's Mercantile

Mar 25, 2021, 8:33:19 AM3/25/21
Thank you sir.

And, of course, it's not in Rider's or Sams.

Jeffrey Angus

Mar 26, 2021, 4:57:50 AM3/26/21
On Thursday, March 25, 2021 at 7:33:19 AM UTC-5, Fox's Mercantile wrote:

> And, of course, it's not in Rider's or Sams.
Radio Museum has pictures, but no schematic.
<https://www.radiomuseum.org/r/westinghou_n202_5a52.html>

Terry S

Mar 26, 2021, 2:05:10 PM3/26/21
I think I've seen that radio under other names as well.

Peter Wieck

Mar 27, 2021, 8:01:52 AM3/27/21
Bendix and Westinghouse made some truly oddball radios with some truly oddball features. I believe that such consumer level devices were afterthoughts for these companies, with Westinghouse getting into the business because they could - and perhaps to promote refrigerator sales - and Bendix doing so for no particularly discernable reason. It is no surprise to me that they are not in Riders or Sam's. Grinder does seem to indicate that they actually made the radios that carried their name, however.

Terry S

Mar 30, 2021, 6:08:58 PM3/30/21
Seems I can reply to posts but not initiate new posts. Anyone else having this issue?

Michael Trew

Mar 31, 2021, 12:14:21 AM3/31/21
Only with this group, or others? What Usenet provider do you have?

Terry S

Mar 31, 2021, 8:28:28 PM3/31/21
Just this group, accessing thru Google Groups.

Michael Trew

Apr 1, 2021, 7:51:56 AM4/1/21
I am using Eternal September via Thunderbird. I was able to post; I
don't know anything about Google.