Nice

beerbarrel

May 10, 2022, 8:55:56 PM5/10/22
Group looks kind of dead. What happened?

pf...@aol.com

May 11, 2022, 7:44:39 AM5/11/22
> Group looks kind of dead. What happened?

The group putters along, quietly.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

ohg...@gmail.com

May 11, 2022, 10:24:52 AM5/11/22
He should go over to the guitar amp group. A total cesspool of daily hatred.

Jim Mueller

May 11, 2022, 4:27:43 PM5/11/22
On Tue, 10 May 2022 17:55:55 -0700, beerbarrel wrote:

> Group looks kind of dead. What happened?

A number of years ago, some politician announced that Usenet was the main
source of child pornography. That gave the ISPs an excuse to drop
coverage. Now you have to pay to get decent access. Most people don't
even know that Usenet exists. And, of course, various web sites stepped
in to fill the void, whatever they thought that was.

For antique radios, https://antiqueradios.com/ is a good place to go.

--
Jim Mueller wron...@nospam.com

To get my real email address, replace wrongname with eggmen.
Then replace nospam with expressmail. Lastly, replace com with dk.

ohg...@gmail.com

May 12, 2022, 10:38:15 AM5/12/22
On Wednesday, May 11, 2022 at 4:27:43 PM UTC-4, Jim Mueller wrote:
> On Tue, 10 May 2022 17:55:55 -0700, beerbarrel wrote:
>
> > Group looks kind of dead. What happened?
> A number of years ago, some politician announced that Usenet was the main
> source of child pornography. That gave the ISPs an excuse to drop
> coverage. Now you have to pay to get decent access. Most people don't
> even know that Usenet exists. And, of course, various web sites stepped
> in to fill the void, whatever they thought that was.
>
> For antique radios, https://antiqueradios.com/ is a good place to go.

I just tried to register on that site, and the anti-spam question is "On a writer's desk is telephone fried chicken fountain pen Windows 10 cat paper not fish dictionary rose candy. What will be dinner?" I tried chicken, chicken fish, chicken fish candy.. All wrong. I guess they don't want any new members, unless they eat cats...

Tom Biasi

May 12, 2022, 2:36:06 PM5/12/22
How about fried chicken? Quite obvious.

ohg...@gmail.com

May 12, 2022, 3:44:06 PM5/12/22
Tried that and a few others. Not worth the trouble. I was going to register mostly because I had some info for a guy with a Victor 52 with a hot running XFR that might have been some help for him.

Tom Biasi

May 12, 2022, 4:03:48 PM5/12/22
fried chicken worked for me. Nothing else to eat there.

jsowers

May 12, 2022, 5:17:33 PM5/12/22
Jim Mueller <wron...@nospam.com> wrote in

> On Tue, 10 May 2022 17:55:55 -0700, beerbarrel wrote:
>
>> Group looks kind of dead. What happened?
>
> A number of years ago, some politician announced that Usenet was the
> main source of child pornography. That gave the ISPs an excuse to
> drop coverage. Now you have to pay to get decent access. Most people
> don't even know that Usenet exists. And, of course, various web sites
> stepped in to fill the void, whatever they thought that was.
>
> For antique radios, https://antiqueradios.com/ is a good place to go.

I second the recommendation for antiqueradios.com. And that politician
was Andrew Cuomo and he got his comeuppance and it was well deserved.

Dave Garrett

May 14, 2022, 7:40:25 PM5/14/22
In article <1%UeK.1132$j0D5...@fx09.iad>, wron...@nospam.com says...

> Most people don't even know that Usenet exists.

IOW, Usenet has reverted to what it used to be like prior to 1993.

--
Dave

John Robertson

May 14, 2022, 9:06:21 PM5/14/22
That may not be so bad...

John :-#)#

John's Jukes Ltd.
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com