First Commercial Radio Broadcast KDKA

Michael Trew

Mar 15, 2021, 1:38:11 PM3/15/21
This one is close to home; I've lived in SW PA and Eastern OH my whole
life...

"Pittsburgh is the site of the first commercial radio broadcast, which
marks its centennial anniversary on Nov. 2.

To commemorate the event, the National Museum of Broadcasting partnered
with Westinghouse Service Uniting Retired Employees (SURE) and Duquesne
University to re-enact the first commercial radio broadcast that covered
the 1920 election between Republican Warren Harding and Democrat James
Cox. Duquesne University will live stream the historic results from a
re-constructed version of the original radio shack at the Regional
Industry Development Corporation (RIDC) Park in Turtle Creek, just like
it did 100 years ago."

https://www.wesa.fm/post/re-enactment-commemorates-100th-anniversary-first-commercial-radio-broadcast#stream/0

Peter Wieck

Mar 15, 2021, 2:05:58 PM3/15/21
I thought that was Handel's Largo? And Fessenden?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ombra_mai_fu

https://www.you-books.com/book/F-Brown/The-Waveries

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Jim Mueller

Mar 17, 2021, 3:05:18 PM3/17/21
The links don't work.

From what I understand, Fessenden's transmission may have been the first
"phone" transmission but it was experimental, not a commercial broadcast.

--
Jim Mueller wron...@nospam.com

To get my real email address, replace wrongname with eggmen.
Then replace nospam with expressmail. Lastly, replace com with dk.