WSM to make history on Ocrtober 30

Michael Terrell

Oct 9, 2021, 11:50:01 PM10/9/21
WSM will celebrate its 5000th Saturday night Grand Ole Opry show this month. If you can't pick it up in your area, it is online at: http://www.wsmonline.com/
It starts at 8:00PM EST.

Michael Trew

Oct 10, 2021, 7:45:40 PM10/10/21
On 10/9/2021 11:49 PM, Michael Terrell wrote:
> WSM will celebrate its 5000th Saturday night Grand Ole Opry show this month. If you can't pick it up in your area, it is online at: http://www.wsmonline.com/
> It starts at 8:00PM EST.

Thanks, good stuff! I tune in this time of year as I'm leaving work
when it's dark out. If the atmosphere complies, I can pick it up
clearly in eastern Ohio and western Pennsylvania.

Michael Terrell

Oct 11, 2021, 5:43:30 AM10/11/21
I used to use a modified ARN6/R101 aircraft radio when I lived an hour from Cincinnati. I have to listen online, in Florida because of severe electrical noise, and crap from Cuba that interferes.
I had converted that receiver from tube to solid state, with a hand full of FETs. It only had 24 VDC on the plates, so it ran from a 9 volt battery, instead of24V @ 28A. The servo power supply was a huge energy hog, along with all the 12V heaters in the 12SN7 tubes.