Old Dr Pepper bottles, how can I identify?

PONDCO

Aug 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/31/99
Have two old Dr Pepper bottles:

(1) One is smaller than the other, is clear glass, says 10 Fl oz, on bottom it
says "IL not to be refilled, 13 (G) 3, 1625.

(2) the larger bottle, says 6 1/2 oz, has the 10/2/4 emblem on the front
bottom, is clear glass with a slight pink tint. On bottom it has a "D" in the
center of an emblem, Dr Pepper Alliance, 83 N (or is it a Z). On the rear it
says Dr Pepper at an angle toward upper right, with Good for life slogan under
it in an enclosure design.

Would like to know the years of the bottles, any history, etc. and the values.
Please email me direct at Pon...@aol.com so I do not miss any postings.
Thanks
Jerry

Robert Boyd I

Aug 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/31/99

Ever Try a search
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

PONDCO

Sep 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/1/99
the search brought me to this news group, I figured it contained some people
who would have the knowledge to answer my question, or at least to direct me to
a location where I could get an answer.

Ed Faulkner

Sep 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/1/99
Your best bet when you have a number of questions and a lot of history
of bottles to catch up on, is your local library. They should have at
least some refs. Reggie Lynch's web site is a good start online. Ed

--
Ed & Lucy Faulkner
Ink Bottle Collectors (& trade cards)

Raoul Duke

Sep 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/2/99
Excellent answer.
Duke
Robert Boyd I <" oo7NoSpam"@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

Raoul Duke

Sep 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/2/99
Put " ACL sodas " into your favorite search engine.
PONDCO <pon...@aol.com> wrote in message

Robert Boyd I

Sep 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/2/99

Hey I'm learnin. Have you noticed the activity level here has risen?
Too bad most of it is young junk...I noticed the same thing on r.
ant.
To PONDCO: When you subscribed to this group there was a description of
what one can post here. You already exhibited that you didn't bother to
read it. The title gives this place away; ANTIQUE ; most use 50 years {
at least }as a guide. I too have ACL sodas and I'm sure many of us do,
but most don't even talk about them.. Too bad ....{ I have some Dr.
Pepper older than 50 }It's too easy to find them in a search...WE also
don't post WANT ads sale or bye... If I'm wrong on these points notice
how fast they let me know.........

PONDCO

Sep 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/2/99
Thanks Ed,
Could you give me the URL to Reggie Lynch's web site? Would appreciate this
help.

PONDCO

Sep 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/2/99
Thanks Duke,
I will put ACL Sodas in my search engine. Anyway, what is "ACL" stand for? I
know what Soda means.

Ed Faulkner

Sep 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/2/99
The url for Reggie Lynch's bottle collector's haven is

http://www.antiquebottles.com/

Try it - there is a lot of info there. Ed

robert.woodbury

Sep 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/2/99
I'm not Duke, but, it stands for Applied Color Label.

--
Robert C. Woodbury
rhy...@together.net