Can you recommend a programmers editor for Rebol scripts ?

Hans Schüren

Aug 20, 2016, 4:10:45 PM8/20/16
to REBOL
Hello again ,

i have checked 4 editors and everyone makes an error with the e-mail client program !

The e-mail client code you can see on the last posting works evertime when direct pasted into the REBOLVIEW editor.

There are not many mirrors to make in the configuration of the editors.

1. Name
2. Path to the Rebol exe
3. Argument   FileName

So can anyone suggest a good editor that works normal ?

WBR

Hans

Hans Schüren

Aug 20, 2016, 4:29:03 PM8/20/16
to REBOL
Yes , i made the original seetings in Crimson Editor.

Anyway , the e-mail code not works. Only by pasting directly into the REBOLVIEW IDE.

Here are the original CRIMSON : http://www.rebol.com/article/0187.html

Hans

Gregg Irwin

Aug 20, 2016, 4:39:22 PM8/20/16
to Hans Schüren
I used crimson for a long time without issue. UltraEdit is my current
editor of choice. My guess is that it's something about non-US
Windows, or locale config, substituting the soft hyphen (173) for
the standard hyphen. You could try Notepad++ as well.

--Gregg

Hans Schüren

Aug 20, 2016, 4:44:48 PM8/20/16
to REBOL, gregg...@gmail.com
Thank you Gregg i will try ,

i have 10 Editors here for testing .  ha

Hans

Hans Schüren

Aug 20, 2016, 5:41:03 PM8/20/16
to REBOL, gregg...@gmail.com
Hello again Gregg ,

yes , every editor is not working with that script.

Your guess for the non US Windows could be possible.

I have german PC and Windows XP here.

Now , the only option for me is to copy and paste the code in the REBOLVIEW IDE.

No problem at all.

WBR

Hans