Arampien douzeni

Pierce H.

Jul 15, 2013, 11:15:48 AM7/15/13
to rebe...@googlegroups.com
Hi all, aside from a brief example given my Stelios Keromytis does anybody know of any recordings of this tuning scheme? Or songs that work well in it? I have heard "To Daxtiri" is in it but I haven't tried that song in a while.

I know its mentioned in Markos' song Karadouzeni, so I imagine it was commonly used way back when, for playing just for playing Xouzam as far as we know?

Thanks for any potential information!

Pierce

Mikroula

Jul 23, 2013, 3:18:42 PM7/23/13
to rebe...@googlegroups.com
How about Karadouzeni by Gentisaris? (also called I tuned my baglama to karadouzeni).
Message has been deleted

Pierce H.

Jul 23, 2013, 5:14:34 PM7/23/13
to rebe...@googlegroups.com
I am pretty sure its in Karadouzeni, re-sol-la. I have actually found a variety of songs that work well in that tuning, but I am having a little harder time with Arampien!

Peter Semmes-Hansen

tambouras

Nov 29, 2014, 1:52:41 PM11/29/14
to rebe...@googlegroups.com
The song Fatime-zeïbekiko, recorded in New York in 1929 by Manolis Karapiperis, but never issued, is now issued (both takes!) on the CD accompanying Stavros Kourousis book From Tambouras To Bouzouki (orp...@hotmail.gr)

This is to my knowledge the only commercial (well almost commercial, as it wasn't issued at the time) recording using Arapien douzeni.

Νίκος Πολίτης

Nov 30, 2014, 5:07:37 AM11/30/14
to rebe...@googlegroups.com

Watch the spelling Tambouras uses for Arapien: This is the correct spelling in English. In Greek, we may write it as Αραπιέν, which I prefer, since The Arab is Ο Αράπης, not Ο Αράμπης, but some use the spelling Αραμπιέν, “transferring” the French spelling into the Greek language, which is not correct.

Νίκος Πολίτης

Nov 30, 2014, 5:09:45 AM11/30/14
to rebe...@googlegroups.com
Oh!  And try to find and buy Stavros' book by all means, if you are interested in Discography!