Naval War Artic Circle - What would you like to see in a preview?

JC

Mar 26, 2012, 12:13:30 PM3/26/12
to Real and Simulated Wars
Hello,

Soon I will be posting a preview of Naval War Artic Circle in the
blog.

Within reasonable limits (take into consideration I have access to a
non-finished, beta stage product), what is the thing that would
interest you most to know?

NWAC is not Harpoon, that's for sure. But from what I see in the beta
is no kiddo's game either ...

Cheers,

Johan S

Mar 27, 2012, 2:53:42 AM3/27/12
to real-and-si...@googlegroups.com
Hi JC,
I'd like to know more about the UI. How exactly do you give orders and move units? Is the 3D display just showing what is happening, or can you give orders by clicking there too? Can you adjust the size of the different sections, to get a bigger map view for instance? Other than that, anything you think might be interrenting to show.

Julio Cabrera

Mar 27, 2012, 2:06:39 PM3/27/12
to real-and-si...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Johan. I will keep those in mind.

Dimitris

Mar 27, 2012, 5:34:13 PM3/27/12
to real-and-si...@googlegroups.com
I would like to see the features available for managing large numbers of units without a clickfest (groups, sensible tactical AI, missions, doctrines etc.). That was one of the dealbreakers for Fleet Command and one of the most difficult things to pull successfully in this genre IMHO.

JC

Mar 27, 2012, 8:55:05 PM3/27/12
to Real and Simulated Wars
Hi Dimitris,

Point taken, but you are guessing the answer to your questions. Don't
you? ")

Dimitris

Mar 28, 2012, 1:47:19 AM3/28/12
to real-and-si...@googlegroups.com
Actually I'm not, because I do have high hopes for this title. An RTS label does not automatically mean having to invest in a new mouse; Total Annihilation comes to mind.

-D

smithcorp

Apr 1, 2012, 1:53:06 AM4/1/12
to Real and Simulated Wars
Hi JC - I'm looking forward to this one, so I'm keen to understand
how I can set AI behaviours for groups of units so I don't need to
micro-manage units, will AI be smart enough to return at bingo fuel,
will AI choose the best ordnance to prosecute an attack without me
having to intervene, and are there options/tools for recording
battles? I'd love to be able to then replay and record different
things that went on in the battle space.

Also interested in AAR tools it will include.

cheers

smith

Doug Miller

Apr 1, 2012, 1:31:45 PM4/1/12
to real-and-si...@googlegroups.com
Same here - these are essentially the same questions I have.  I've really started to feel like having to micro-manage (at least on a large scale) is a serious flaw in a game.  I prefer to set direction and have my wee digital subordinates carry things out!

Johan S

Apr 2, 2012, 2:13:30 PM4/2/12
to real-and-si...@googlegroups.com

Just heard that this will be released next week (April 10)!! Didn't expect it to appear so soon... I hope it will live up to all the high expectations.

Jay Cee

Apr 2, 2012, 2:32:30 PM4/2/12
to real-and-si...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for all the responses. I will have this preview up in the
following days. Has to be before release, ain't it?

:) Cheers,