Laser offline for realignment on Friday

43 views
Skip to first unread message

Steve Rodway

unread,
Aug 18, 2021, 8:59:33 AMAug 18
to rLab Mailing list
Per title, probably will take most of the day, anything you vitally need
before the weekend, get it done now.

Steve

Tom Allen

unread,
Aug 18, 2021, 9:34:30 AMAug 18
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
My friend other friend Steve (Ward) has recently acquired a rather nice laser power metre for the right wavelength for our laser. If you don't have one already I can drop it to the space to help you calibration if you like? 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "rLab / Reading's Hackspace" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to reading-hacksp...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/reading-hackspace/ab01bfea-3a2b-e222-f1cb-b127c75cef41%40legionelectronics.co.uk.

Steve Rodway

unread,
Aug 18, 2021, 12:58:31 PMAug 18
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Tom, yes that might be handy. If you could leave it in the
dropbox we'll give it a shot and see what power we're actually getting
out of the tube.

Steve

On 18/08/2021 14:34, Tom Allen wrote:
> My friend other friend Steve (Ward) has recently acquired a rather nice
> laser power metre for the right wavelength for our laser. If you don't
> have one already I can drop it to the space to help you calibration if
> you like?
>
> On Wed, 18 Aug 2021, 13:59 'Steve Rodway' via rLab / Reading's
> Hackspace, <reading-...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:reading-...@googlegroups.com>> wrote:
>
> Per title, probably will take most of the day, anything you vitally
> need
> before the weekend, get it done now.
>
> Steve
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "rLab / Reading's Hackspace" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,
> send an email to reading-hacksp...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:reading-hackspace%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>.
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/reading-hackspace/ab01bfea-3a2b-e222-f1cb-b127c75cef41%40legionelectronics.co.uk>.
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "rLab / Reading's Hackspace" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
> an email to reading-hacksp...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:reading-hacksp...@googlegroups.com>.
> To view this discussion on the web, visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/reading-hackspace/CACEZB%2BEj%2B8n2vKqwacJKnFfTLHPVras3MknSwrEB-%3D8VvwmZ_g%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/reading-hackspace/CACEZB%2BEj%2B8n2vKqwacJKnFfTLHPVras3MknSwrEB-%3D8VvwmZ_g%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Steve Rodway

unread,
Aug 20, 2021, 10:24:43 AMAug 20
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Laser realignment has been completed (thanks to James for his work on it
too) and it's back in service.

Steve

Frans Wilbrink

unread,
Aug 20, 2021, 11:06:29 AMAug 20
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Steve!

So how much power did you record? :)

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to reading-hacksp...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/reading-hackspace/4dce3717-a4ad-1e3e-283f-981cd41baaa8%40legionelectronics.co.uk.

Stephen Rodway

unread,
Aug 21, 2021, 5:58:36 PMAug 21
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
The power meter was saying around 40W which is implausibly low and was
varying +/- about 30% between runs, either we weren't using it right, or
it's hugely out of calibration.

It's back in the dropbox any time you want to pick it up Tom

Overall the tube is starting to show it's age, with the amount of use
we've given it recently, we'll probably be looking at a new tube some
time around the end of the year based on the current usage rate.

Steve

Frans Wilbrink wrote:
> Thanks Steve!
>
> So how much power did you record? :)
>
> On Fri, Aug 20, 2021 at 3:24 PM 'Steve Rodway' via rLab / Reading's
> Hackspace <reading-...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:reading-...@googlegroups.com>> wrote:
>
> Laser realignment has been completed (thanks to James for his work
> on it
> too) and it's back in service.
>
> Steve
>
> On 18/08/2021 17:58, 'Steve Rodway' via rLab / Reading's Hackspace
> wrote:
> > Thanks Tom, yes that might be handy. If you could leave it in the
> > dropbox we'll give it a shot and see what power we're actually
> getting
> > out of the tube.
> >
> > Steve
> >
> > On 18/08/2021 14:34, Tom Allen wrote:
> >> My friend other friend Steve (Ward) has recently acquired a rather
> >> nice laser power metre for the right wavelength for our laser. If
> you
> >> don't have one already I can drop it to the space to help you
> >> calibration if you like?
> >>
> >> On Wed, 18 Aug 2021, 13:59 'Steve Rodway' via rLab / Reading's
> >> Hackspace, <reading-...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:reading-...@googlegroups.com>
> >> <mailto:reading-...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:reading-...@googlegroups.com>>> wrote:
> >>
> >> Per title, probably will take most of the day, anything you
> vitally
> >> need
> >> before the weekend, get it done now.
> >>
> >> Steve
> >>
> >> -- You received this message because you are subscribed
> to the
> >> Google
> >> Groups "rLab / Reading's Hackspace" group.
> >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,
> >> send an email to
> reading-hacksp...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:reading-hackspace%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
> >> <mailto:reading-hackspace%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:reading-hackspace%252Buns...@googlegroups.com>>.
> >> To view this discussion on the web, visit
> >>
> >>
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/reading-hackspace/ab01bfea-3a2b-e222-f1cb-b127c75cef41%40legionelectronics.co.uk
>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/reading-hackspace/ab01bfea-3a2b-e222-f1cb-b127c75cef41%40legionelectronics.co.uk>.
>
> >>
> >>
> >> --
> >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> >> Groups "rLab / Reading's Hackspace" group.
> >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,
> send
> >> an email to reading-hacksp...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:reading-hackspace%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
> >> <mailto:reading-hacksp...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:reading-hackspace%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>>.
> >> To view this discussion on the web, visit
> >>
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/reading-hackspace/CACEZB%2BEj%2B8n2vKqwacJKnFfTLHPVras3MknSwrEB-%3D8VvwmZ_g%40mail.gmail.com
>
> >>
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/reading-hackspace/CACEZB%2BEj%2B8n2vKqwacJKnFfTLHPVras3MknSwrEB-%3D8VvwmZ_g%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/reading-hackspace/CACEZB%2BEj%2B8n2vKqwacJKnFfTLHPVras3MknSwrEB-%3D8VvwmZ_g%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>>.
>
> >>
> >
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "rLab / Reading's Hackspace" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,
> send an email to reading-hacksp...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:reading-hackspace%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>.
> To view this discussion on the web, visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/reading-hackspace/4dce3717-a4ad-1e3e-283f-981cd41baaa8%40legionelectronics.co.uk.
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "rLab / Reading's Hackspace" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
> an email to reading-hacksp...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:reading-hacksp...@googlegroups.com>.
> To view this discussion on the web, visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/reading-hackspace/CAHDgw-aekVXHyYNVvE5SBqKk_hhr0ZPEdvWWtNgrZ-tNjbOa6A%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/reading-hackspace/CAHDgw-aekVXHyYNVvE5SBqKk_hhr0ZPEdvWWtNgrZ-tNjbOa6A%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages