Desoldering SMD fun - request for practice circuit boards

Tony Shannon

Jan 4, 2022, 5:17:56 PM1/4/22
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
Hello folks,

I'm working my way towards servicing my guitar effects unit (Zoom 9030) which is currently working, but has signs of leaking caps on the board.

Does anyone has any broken PCBs with SMD capacitors I could practice with, before I go to town on my unit?

Cheers

Tony Shannon

Richard Ibbotson

Jan 4, 2022, 6:23:56 PM1/4/22
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
I have a couple of small boards with SMT electrolytics( around 12 per board) you can have. I also have some new (old but unused) SMT electrolytics you can use to replace.
I am in Caversham and not likely to get down to rLab for a while.
Richard

Sent via Richard's Phone