Record Power Wet Stone

Aidas Baltušis

Feb 27, 2023, 4:12:51 AM2/27/23
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
Hello,

I went to use the water stone yesterday to sharpen some of my chisels. However I noticed that the straight edge holder for holding chisels seems to be missing rubber bushings. Without it the edge doesn't sit properly on the support arm and you can't get a good grind. I tried attaching a picture but I think the messages with attachments get automatically deleted... But it's the black bushings on the support bar visible in the link here https://www.yandles.co.uk/record-power-straight-edge-jig-for-wetstone-wg200-wg250-machines/p5095

Anyone know if these are around anywhere. Otherwise could we get a replacement holder? I think it might also be possible to 3d print the bushings out of some TPU

Alex P

Mar 4, 2023, 6:58:32 AM3/4/23
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
Got a replacement holder on the way