Energenie radio plugs

Jeremy Poulter

Dec 5, 2021, 10:50:59 AM12/5/21
to rLab List
Anybody want a bunch of radio controlled plugs? Even have a Raspberry Pi adapter to drive them.
PXL_20211205_154756941.MP.jpg

Tom Bayley

Dec 5, 2021, 10:53:15 AM12/5/21
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
I would love a few we have some lights where the switches are tricky to reach, 5 or 6 would be great

Yours Tom

On Sun, 5 Dec 2021 at 15:51, Jeremy Poulter <jer...@bigjungle.net> wrote:
Anybody want a bunch of radio controlled plugs? Even have a Raspberry Pi adapter to drive them.

Jeremy Poulter

Dec 5, 2021, 11:05:56 AM12/5/21
to rLab List
Hi,

No problem, are you ok with only one remote? (You can program them to respond to any of the buttons)

Cheers,

Jeremy

Tom Bayley

Dec 5, 2021, 11:07:48 AM12/5/21
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
One remote is fine. Think I have used similar in the past little dials inside that select channels

Jeremy Poulter

Dec 5, 2021, 12:49:04 PM12/5/21
to rLab List
These are a little more advanced than that, each remote has a unique code, you put the plug into a programming mode then press the button on the remote you want to activate. Anyway will drop them down to rLab and leave in the Dropbox.

Cheers,
Jeremy

Mr.G

Dec 5, 2021, 2:14:09 PM12/5/21
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
Until recently I had 7 competing come control systems (X10,Teldus, Byron, Home easy,JSJS, TCP, several Maplin ones, Powasava) with some interoperability / confusion between them. Now I'm mostly using Philips Hue as it "Just works" except when it doesn't. I've added Sonoff switches so that I can bake a potato in my microwave  remotely.

Kind regards

Gerald

Tom Bayley

Dec 6, 2021, 5:44:02 AM12/6/21
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
I have a couple of AI systems (still very much in the learning stage)
Max and Poppy.
Max is 11 and can perform more complex tasks but due to a glitch in his programming often 'just crashes' which is evident by being stuck in an endless loop of youtube videos on minecraft.
Poppy being only 4 hasn't fully devloped her understanding and can't even reach the toaster so pretty much the total command set is just turning lights on and off, and passing the TV remote.
I am hoping in the next decade or so both will become sentiant and generate an income!

but until then it is pretty much a ludite household!!

Frans Wilbrink

Dec 7, 2021, 3:30:02 AM12/7/21
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Are they Philips Hue compatible?

On Sun, 5 Dec 2021, 15:51 Jeremy Poulter, <jer...@bigjungle.net> wrote:
Anybody want a bunch of radio controlled plugs? Even have a Raspberry Pi adapter to drive them.

Jeremy Poulter

Dec 7, 2021, 4:11:07 AM12/7/21
to rLab List
Not as they are, but do have an adapter for the Raspberry Pi, so shouldn't be to difficult to write something to enable that. The Philips Hue API is well documented/hacked so sure there will be a Python library for it.

Cheers,
Jeremy

Tom Allen

Dec 7, 2021, 10:42:58 AM12/7/21
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
i would very much like the rest of them and another remote for a project i'm working on where i need to control a bunch of 240v fans, happy to make a donation for them, can collect at your convenience from you or the lab

thnaks

Jeremy Poulter

Dec 7, 2021, 3:01:13 PM12/7/21
to rLab List
Sure, not a problem at all Tom, hopefully will get down to the lab sometime next week but also fine to pick up from mine (Woodley) DM me for details.