Stump pulling

Gavin

Aug 20, 2021, 1:35:19 PMAug 20
to Reading Hackspace
Does anybody have a farm jack and/or fancy helping me pull a stump out the ground. I’ve dug pretty much all the way around it so surely just needs a quick yank to lift it out the ground….

Gavin

Aug 20, 2021, 1:37:50 PMAug 20
to Reading Hackspace

I can offer beer and/or money

Nigel Worsley

Aug 20, 2021, 1:40:26 PMAug 20
to reading-hackspace
I have a farm jack, not sure when I will next be in the area though (I live in Ealing and work in Bracknell).

Nigle

David Price

Aug 21, 2021, 2:23:53 AMAug 21
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
what a useful bit of kit .. wish I'd known about farm jacks 3 stumps ago.
david

Gavin

Aug 21, 2021, 1:13:36 PMAug 21
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Nigle - on the basis of David’s observation, I’ve just ordered one to arrive tomorrow. I made some more progress today getting under the stump but there is no way that I am going to get it out without a lot more force than I can create with my current assortment of tools

Gavin

Gavin

Aug 29, 2021, 1:12:48 PMAug 29
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Can confirm that farm jacks work. Still a lot of digging to be done but no idea how I would have got it out otherwise