Help wanted for public art + nature project in Coley (31st of March, 1st and 2nd of April)

C Jugendstil

Mar 28, 2023, 7:17:17 AM3/28/23
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
Hi everyone,

I'm G and I'm creating the artworks for a project called Holy Brook Nook, a community space in Coley, developed by Nature Nurture CIC, where nature and art meet. Here's the facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/HolyBrookNook

Starting on Friday 31st of March and over the weekend, as part of the public art section of the project, we're going to install some aluminium panels on wood waymarkers and on a nearby brick wall. In the first case the panels are small, 15 x 18 cm, but in the second case they're pretty big, an average of 2 x 1 meter.

We're looking for people that would want to come along and help us affix these panels, or even just give us some advice, as we're new to this kind of activity. For example: we're looking to use security screws in both cases, is there anyone that wants to suggest a specific type of them for the wood posts?

It will be a paid activity, and there's going to be food, along with some good company ;)

Thank you very much in advance, I hope to see you there at the end of the week!

Speak soon,

Guglielmo Miccolupi

Stuart Ward

Mar 28, 2023, 11:26:18 AM3/28/23
to reading-...@googlegroups.com

HI G

I am busy Friday and Saturday, I might have some time on Sunday...

I suggest you look at the simple cam screws such as

https://tradefixdirect.com/security-screws/security-screws-1-14-x-8

The only way to remove these is to drill a hole and use a screw extractor. So you need to be sure of where you are putting them. The other sort are where they have a break off element to prevent removal. This is what we used on the Hydro fencing.

Stuart

--
Stuart Ward
M +44 7782325143

Bob Dunlop

Mar 28, 2023, 3:09:06 PM3/28/23

On Tue, Mar 28 at 04:26, Stuart Ward wrote:
> HI G
>
> I am busy Friday and Saturday, I might have some time on Sunday...
>
> I suggest you look at the simple cam screws such as
>
> https://tradefixdirect.com/security-screws/security-screws-1-14-x-8

Hmm, left hand thread, now that's sneaky!

Or maybe just a photoshop faux pah.
--
Bob Dunlop

C Jugendstil

Mar 28, 2023, 4:23:43 PM3/28/23
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
It would be great to see you Stu!

Thanks for the suggestion, I will look into it...
Also, what kind of drill do you think we should be using for the bricks?

Thank you very much, speak soon,

Guglielmo Miccolupi
on behalf of