0.6 nozzle blocked with black PLA

Najey Rifai

Jul 25, 2022, 4:24:00 AM7/25/22
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
To everyone:
The 0.6 nozzle wasn't extruding so I switched to teal. Seems to be fine now. There was a deep notch torn into the black PLA and I think tge spool is resisting a bit.

To Luke:
This started near the end of your print. I went to reprint yours but couldn't remember the name, so if you tell me it, I'll reprint it for you when I pick mine up tomorrow morning 😊

Ben Holland

Aug 2, 2022, 11:00:45 AM8/2/22
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
Just seen the same thing when I came in on a print Mark put on.
The black PLA seems to have been wound in a way that means it sometimes crosses paths, and locks in place when pulled, then the feeder is just scratching away at the material - worth checking the spool for crossovers if you're doing any black prints.