Jesmonite

Helen Roche

Sep 5, 2021, 9:40:08 AM9/5/21
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
Does anyone have a recommended supplier for jesmonite? Or any comments from experience, on colouring jesmonite? I.e., have you used colours other than official jesmonite pigments, and how did that go?
Ta!

Helen Roche

Sep 23, 2021, 8:41:43 PM9/23/21
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
After getting more information (thanks Tony!) I'm now looking into cheaper alternatives, like resin. I want an opaque, strong colour, but most of the resin I'm seeing on Ebay (etc) is clear. Can anyone recommend a type of resin that could be made to look (e.g.) opaque coral red?

Tony Short

Sep 24, 2021, 5:44:51 PM9/24/21
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
You will need to add pigments and fillers to achieve the effect you want.

Tony Short

Sep 24, 2021, 5:47:08 PM9/24/21
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace

Helen Roche