Discord problems

Richard Francis

Nov 4, 2023, 1:58:54 PM11/4/23
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
Not impressed with Discord.
Constantly locked me out.
Cannot get in using old, new / reset passwords.
Anyone else experienced problems?

Mark Morris

Nov 4, 2023, 3:30:43 PM11/4/23
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Richard

Generally it seems to be working well for myself and other members.

I've just sent you a direct message in Discord, but it might not get to you.

Regards
Mark

Richard Ibbotson

Nov 4, 2023, 5:32:46 PM11/4/23
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
I too don't have any problems with Discord using it for a number of different groups.
I use it on the iPhone app and on multiple Windows PCs. It does appear to try to do updates when the application is started on the PC which might be slow on a slow PC or with poor network connection.
Richard

Sent via Richard's Phone

Tim Masson

Nov 5, 2023, 9:28:12 AM11/5/23
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
Occasionally I find Discord will not start after my PC has been in standby.   I have not investigated the cause, but, for me, the workaround is to open Task Manager and close the largest entry for Discord - there are usually five of six entries.  After that Discord will start with no problem.  Incidentally I get a similar problem with the Edge (with Chrome) browser.  This is irritating, but easy to work around.

Richard Francis

Nov 5, 2023, 1:21:22 PM11/5/23
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
Thanks. I was (ironically) at R-Lab this afternoon, for the first time in a while.
The platform seems to work ok for most people - so I'll have another bash when I have a moment.
Thanks for the responses all.