Stencil sheet

Helen Roche

Aug 29, 2021, 9:04:45 AMAug 29
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
I'm looking into making a bulk purchase of oiled stencil card. Shame I didn't do it earlier in the summer, as Atlantis Arts price has increased significantly since I last looked. 'Supply chain issues' or post-Brexit import costs, no doubt. Anyway, I could get 50 sheets of oiled 300gsm stencil card, A1 (60 x 84cm) for £5.08 per sheet, p&p included; or £3.50 per sheet for 56 x 61cm. Would anyone like a share of of it?

I looked into getting more polypropylene sheet, but can't find it for less than about £8 per sheet (100x60cm). If anyone knows of a cheaper source, let me know!

Helen Roche

Aug 29, 2021, 9:33:36 AMAug 29
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace

Vance Briggs

Aug 29, 2021, 1:17:39 PMAug 29
to Reading Hackspace
I think I have some black polypropylene sheet around 100 X 60. If that's enough. I'll look it up later.

Vance

On Sun, 29 Aug 2021, 14:04 Helen Roche, <helen...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm looking into making a bulk purchase of oiled stencil card. Shame I didn't do it earlier in the summer, as Atlantis Arts price has increased significantly since I last looked. 'Supply chain issues' or post-Brexit import costs, no doubt. Anyway, I could get 50 sheets of oiled 300gsm stencil card, A1 (60 x 84cm) for £5.08 per sheet, p&p included; or £3.50 per sheet for 56 x 61cm. Would anyone like a share of of it?

I looked into getting more polypropylene sheet, but can't find it for less than about £8 per sheet (100x60cm). If anyone knows of a cheaper source, let me know!

Tony Short

Aug 29, 2021, 6:23:17 PMAug 29
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
Oiled card may end up being VERY sooty, so might be worth trialling before you spend big on bulk purchases. Mylar doesn't cut well, so same caveat applies. You can get Polypro sheets from Kitronik:

£4.20 + VAT per 1100x650mm sheet

Helen Roche

Aug 30, 2021, 7:16:13 AMAug 30
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
Yes please, Vance! I'll definitely take that off your hands :)

Helen Roche

Aug 30, 2021, 7:16:48 AMAug 30
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace

Well found! Thanks, that's a much better price. Ordering some now.